PDA

View Full Version : AC/DC-What's Next to the Moon

Dr. Edison
07-02-2005, 04:49 PM
I picked up Powerage a few weeks ago and now I think its AC/DC's best album, but the song "What's Next to the Moon" kinda confuses me. Usually when it comes to interpreting Bon Scott's lyrics I do great (as would anyone who has graduated from sixth grade) but I don't get this one. All I can guess is that its about rape, but I'd like to think not.

I can take statutory rape from Bon, but not full on rape... j/k.

DLR7884
07-02-2005, 04:56 PM
I have no clue what that song is about, but I fucking love it and that album.

DLR7884
I'll see what I can find out.

FORD
07-02-2005, 05:02 PM
I've always interpreted that one being written by Bon after a long night at the pub, watching late night TV at home (or a hotel room on the road) He's channel surfing.....

First you have the old villain tying the chick to the railrod tracks thing. Might have been a slient movie, or a Dudley Do-right cartoon...

Change the channel, and Superman is on.

Change the channel again and it's a cop show, probably Kojak or Columbo given the time the song was written....

The only problem Bon has is how you tie these altogether. So he makes the common denominator.....

:eatit:Pussy:eatit: What else? :D

Hardrock69
07-02-2005, 05:20 PM
Lemme put it this way.

What is the definition of the act "to moon someone"?

Ok and if a chick is mooning you, what is next to it (on the front side)????

Just a wild guess.....

DLR_EngineRoom
07-04-2005, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Edison
I picked up Powerage a few weeks ago and now I think its AC/DC's best album, but the song "What's Next to the Moon" kinda confuses me. Usually when it comes to interpreting Bon Scott's lyrics I do great (as would anyone who has graduated from sixth grade) but I don't get this one. All I can guess is that its about rape, but I'd like to think not.

I can take statutory rape from Bon, but not full on rape... j/k.

It's not about that, it's about.....well you know...

See Faster Pussycat's 'Slip Of The Tongue'.......same meaning....

superdave
07-04-2005, 08:54 PM
I saw an AC/DC video earlier today on VH1 classic, Jailbreak, un-FUCKING-believable, Bon Scott, to me, the 2nd best frontman behind DLR

Matt White
07-05-2005, 11:48 AM
POWERAGE Rules!!!!!

sammysucks65
07-05-2005, 12:36 PM
bon scott and brian johnson are like dlr and sammy hagar....except one doesnt fuckinig suck....

truly bon and brian...the best of both worlds