PDA

View Full Version : Football "experts:"

LooseMenace
03-09-2004, 09:37 AM
Let's see. They got Gibbs back, went and got a veteran QB (as a clipboard jockey/advisor to Ramsey, or as a starter - ??), and got one of the most promising RB's in the game. They are making moves to shore up their pass defense, and putting some meat on the O-line.
With leaders like Arrington and Brunell, and all the talent like Coles, Gardner, Portis, et. al., I'm thinking 2004 will bring a sea change to the Beltway.
Anyone agree? Disagree? Feel like cussing?

knuckleboner
03-09-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by LooseMenace
Feel like cussing?

yes. fuck the cowboys!!

i'd discuss whether or not the skins will be good next season, but i'm a little too biased, i think:D but i'm also itching for the season to begin!!

LooseMenace
03-09-2004, 02:20 PM
Another Redskins fan? Or just a Cowpatty hater?
Either way, you're cool with me.
:D

Sarge
03-09-2004, 02:53 PM
Who knows?
I thought Miami was going to be the team to beat after doing alot of offseason moves last year.
Gibbs was a huge bonus to that team

knuckleboner
03-09-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by LooseMenace
Another Redskins fan?

oh...i've been a D.C. area resident since i was 5. diehard homer. total skins fan.

i've actually got the classy, black and white photo poster of riggo busting 4th and 1 in superbowl 17 hanging on my living room wall.

LooseMenace
03-09-2004, 05:01 PM
Born in Bethesda, I was. Mom's family homesteaded in Rockville, and I still have an Uncle up there.
Shit, man, nothing cheesy about a picture of #44. Baddest "fullback" there ever was.
HAIL!

EDIT: Oops. You said 'classy,' I read 'cheesy.' I hang around too many people who talk about 'hair metal,' and it ain't complimentary, ifyaknowwhatI'msayin'.

:D

BrownSound1
03-09-2004, 05:35 PM
I'd say the Redskins chances are slim to none for next year.... Joe Gibbs, while I have great respect for the man, will not bring the Redskins back to their former glory...if you can call it that.

knuckleboner
03-09-2004, 06:33 PM
heh heh, loose menace. yeah, nothing cheesy at all about the diesel. i call it "classy" because it was like a $50 poster, unframed.

and going to have to disagree, brown...gibbs will take the skins to the wildcard next season. championship? nah. but they've got a good team. and a coach who knows how to get the most out of his players. and an impressive list of assistant coaches.

BuzinBad
03-10-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
yes. fuck the cowboys!!

Wow! The question was what about the foreskins? I like Joe Gibbs (more for his NASCAR skills) and I know he was an awesome coach before. But can he do the same with a salary cap and the problems players have these days? Doubt it and hope not.

With that said....HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait for the season to start either!

redblkwht
03-10-2004, 11:42 PM
Gibbs? yeah..Portis? yeah.. Brunell? no Frikkin way, he's a
proven loser, bank on it..they better keep ramsey, he
is the FUTURE & thats what this team should be built
on not next year.
What WAS snyder smoking with mark brunell's contract?
might as well signed Shawn King & hes got more upside!
Brunell has maybe 1 decent year left if that-

Viking
03-11-2004, 12:15 AM
As an 'old school' 'Skins fan (I go back to the George Allen days), I think that in '04, the 'Skins are going to fuck up the playoff picture for either the Cowturds or the Eagles (and at least one other potential wild-card contender in the conference), and make it as far as the second round. In '05, they'll take the whole enchilada.

Of course, that may just be a 30-year-long 'Skins fan speaking with a pint of Jim Beam in him, too. :D :D :D

LooseMenace
03-11-2004, 09:05 AM
I like the way you think, Viking.
It's important to consider that Snyder, despite his history as a meddling ass-hat, will swallow his pride a little and shut the fuck up, now that the legendary Gibbs is back. Joe knows Redskin football, and he won't have any truck with Snyder's games. So that's a plus.
As for Brunell...I'm still not sure what the plan is, either. He may just be there in a teaching capacity. Ramsey is obviously their long-term QB, but he needs some seasoning. And he needs to heal all the bruises and sprains from last season. He might be better served spending some time as a backup, attached to Gibbs' hip, so he can learn a little more.
Brunell is far from a "loser." He's no Super Bowl hero or perennial Pro Bowler, but he's good, and he HAS won in the past. Maybe he only has a year left, but that's all we need from him.
Anyway, carry on.