PDA

View Full Version : HFT or Panama

canadiandlrgirl
07-03-2005, 07:10 PM
which CVH video do you prefer PANAMA or HFT...
they were both awesome videos....
i liked the begining of HFT when Dave was the bus driver and then at the end when he turns out to be a game show host lol
and in PANAMA.....I REALLY loved the part when he was dragged out of the hotel room handcuffed and wrapped in a towel...;)

but.....i'll think i''ll take PANAMA

discuss.....:)

Dave's Bitch
07-03-2005, 07:13 PM
i like the song panama better but i love the vid for HFT,that is a great vid

Dave's Bitch
07-03-2005, 07:13 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by canadiandlrgirl
[I REALLY loved the part when he was dragged out of the hotel room handcuffed and wrapped in a towel...;)

LOL me too :)

zeronumber
07-04-2005, 02:55 AM
I'm going to have to go with the HFT video.

Panama wa frankly nothing special, and neither was any of the other VH videos.

Quite frankly HFT was the only CVH video to ever have any memorable moments to it. Granted, each vh vid got their little cheesy nees, but most were just live shots of vh...then there is the "oH pretty woman", which is just them running around like idiots in holloween costumes.

HFT is not only a memorable CVH vido, but a classic Music video in the history of Music videos...

It's loaded with moments, Dave driving the bus, the "kiddy" vh, looking at the teacher, stripping, Eddie comming out to shread on his guitar, and the hilarious, impromtu jazz routine in the ugly ass outfits...

It stands out above allt he CVH videos in my opinion.

Grant
07-04-2005, 04:33 AM
I like the HFT better, probably because of the controversy it stirred with it's portrayal of the teacher in the video. Wish I had teachers like that at my school. :p

canadiandlrgirl
07-04-2005, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by zeronumber
I'm going to have to go with the HFT video.

Panama wa frankly nothing special, and neither was any of the other VH videos.

Quite frankly HFT was the only CVH video to ever have any memorable moments to it. Granted, each vh vid got their little cheesy nees, but most were just live shots of vh...then there is the "oH pretty woman", which is just them running around like idiots in holloween costumes.

HFT is not only a memorable CVH vido, but a classic Music video in the history of Music videos...

It's loaded with moments, Dave driving the bus, the "kiddy" vh, looking at the teacher, stripping, Eddie comming out to shread on his guitar, and the hilarious, impromtu jazz routine in the ugly ass outfits...

It stands out above allt he CVH videos in my opinion.

everything you said about the HFT vid i tatally agree with but..... that is as far as the agreement goes you Assclown....
PANAMA nothing special,not memorable.....what kind of drugs have you been smokin'? must be pretty damn good 'cause they're makin' you stupid...:rolleyes:
panama was one of their best videos....and it will always be remembered by any CVH fan and i think everyone or almost everyone will agree with me....
PANAMA was what CVH was all about it had that BADASS attitude something these newer vids are lacking.... HFT is without a doubt KICKASS vid but PANAMA was as well....
panama was just as memorable as HFT...I suppose you think ICSLY or humans being are memorable huh.....those videos were a joke
only a sheep wouldn't like the video PANAMA......
PANAMA kicks ass..... song and vid and don't you forget it :mad:

oh i also agree "oh pretty woman," was kinda dumb....for one it didn't have enough Dave in it....:D

DavidLeeNatra
07-04-2005, 05:43 AM
I take panama and stop spamming "my" forum, zero...

diamondsgirl
07-04-2005, 09:39 AM
HFT was one of the best videos ever made, IMO. Very clever and funny and really captures the whole idea of the song.

Dave Rocks.

Not that I don't fucking LOVE seeing Dave in the Panama vid.

Ahhh yes...A flying David Lee Roth has always been a hot fantasy of mine. :cool:

DavidLeeNatra
07-04-2005, 10:50 AM
I love when frank zappa talks about HFT with these censorship-assholes...it's funny still to these days now, whenever my guitar player and me hear a small plane crossing we both sing "panamaaaaaaaa"

superdave
07-04-2005, 10:54 AM
HFT was a good video, but Panama is better, especially the plane starting it

diamondsgirl
07-04-2005, 01:10 PM
:D

diamondsgirl
07-04-2005, 01:11 PM
double post sorry

and that last one is in the wrong thread too

somebody stop me....

zeronumber
07-09-2005, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
I take panama and stop spamming "my" forum, zero...

How is it spamming when it's on topic? :confused:

Originally posted by canadiangirl everything you said about the HFT vid i tatally agree with but..... that is as far as the agreement goes you Assclown....
PANAMA nothing special,not memorable.....what kind of drugs have you been smokin'? must be pretty damn good 'cause they're makin' you stupid...
panama was one of their best videos....and it will always be remembered by any CVH fan and i think everyone or almost everyone will agree with me....
PANAMA was what CVH was all about it had that BADASS attitude something these newer vids are lacking.... HFT is without a doubt KICKASS vid but PANAMA was as well....
panama was just as memorable as HFT...I suppose you think ICSLY or humans being are memorable huh.....those videos were a joke
only a sheep wouldn't like the video PANAMA......
PANAMA kicks ass..... song and vid and don't you forget it

oh i also agree "oh pretty woman," was kinda dumb....for one it didn't have enough Dave in it....

How come everytime I post something, you automatically interject something about sammy hagar? You purposely want to start an argument with that shit. Really, why even go there unless you want another useless argument? I haven't even said anything about a sammy video in comparasion, yet you throw it in there anyway.

Moving along...

I stand by the Panama video being stupid, because it was. It's beyond Generic...It's them live...with some hot wires and some wiered antics...ok...fine, whatever...that's basically what every vh video was about anyway. Where as Hft, we have contrast, we have humor, and we have a mark in music video history. Just as many memerable moments? What the fuck are you smoking? Ok...high wires...a bass that looks like a taquila bottle...and a hair dryer...WHOOP DE FRIGGIN DO!!!...There are more memorable moments in HFT, then any other CVH video...end of discussion...good day to you madam.

diamondsgirl
07-09-2005, 09:36 AM

How come everytime I post something, you automatically interject something about sammy hagar? You purposely want to start an argument with that shit. Really, why even go there unless you want another useless argument? I haven't even said anything about a sammy video in comparasion, yet you throw it in there anyway.

she can say Sammy Hagar Sucks all day long around here and if ANYONE has a problem with it, they can always go elsewhere

my suggestion to you, zero, is to not argue about the suckage of Hagar at a Roth site

canadiandlrgirl
07-09-2005, 01:47 PM
[i]Originally posted by zeronumber
[/B]

because i can and i will assclown...you wanna talk shit about Daves videos then expect to get chewed a new asshole...
now an argument you say...that argument wouldn't last to long...because you see it is simple everyone around here knows... including you sheep... that anything Dave has done is way better than anything spammy has ever done...now choke on that, you little jerk :mad:

canadiandlrgirl
07-09-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
she can say Sammy Hagar Sucks all day long around here and if ANYONE has a problem with it, they can always go elsewhere

my suggestion to you, zero, is to not argue about the suckage of Hagar at a Roth site

Exactly...:D

DavidLeeNatra
07-09-2005, 03:44 PM

because it's you?

academic punk
07-09-2005, 03:51 PM
...I don't feel tardy...

DavidLeeNatra
07-09-2005, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
...I don't feel tardy...

...class dismissed !!!

academic punk
07-09-2005, 04:23 PM
T-T-T-T-Teacher, stop that screaming! Teacher, can't you seeeeee...!!!

MAX
07-09-2005, 09:12 PM
Ahhh yes...A flying David Lee Roth has always been a hot fantasy of mine. :cool:

Heeya you go...:cool:

<marquee direction=right>http://img.9sky.com/picture/mtv/1242.jpg</marquee>

Rikk
07-09-2005, 09:24 PM

I think NATRA means that whenever you post anything, you're spamming.

Does that end your confusion, ZEROINCHES?:)

Bob_R
07-09-2005, 10:09 PM
Better song: Panama
Better video: HFT

NAHTAN
07-09-2005, 10:15 PM
Hot For Teacher is a better song and a far better video. No question.

DavidLeeNatra
07-10-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Rikk

with my best elvis impersination..."thankyouverymuch..."

zeronumber
07-18-2005, 11:26 AM

The point is though, is that I'm not spewing out any pro hagar rethoric in this post.
It's not like I'm even comparing sammy to dave, I'm comparing dave to dave, and
Certian members(Who either can't read, or lack basic comprehension) jump to the conclusion
That I must hate the panama video, only because I'm a sammy hagar fan, where as, I posted
Reasons why I liked the hft video better.

Really, when I don't say anything to provoke a sammy vs dave disscussion, there is no
Reason to start one, and that's what canadian girl is doing, and trying to start a fight
Because she can't except the fact that somebody said something bad about a video she likes.

Originally posted by canadiandlrgirl
because i can and i will assclown...you wanna talk shit about Daves videos then expect to get chewed a new asshole...
now an argument you say...that argument wouldn't last to long...because you see it is simple everyone around here knows... including you sheep...
that anything Dave has done is way better than anything spammy has ever done...
now choke on that, you little jerk :mad:

Thing is, bringing up sammy hagar, when nobody was even talking about sammy, is a waste of time
You're intitle to your opinion, and so am I, but frankly, going off topic because somebody
doesn't agree with you, is just provoking a fight that doesn't even need to be started.

because it's you?

...I'm sorry, was that suppose to be funny? Wait a second...I post something on topic,
You claim it's spamming...and you're a mod? Now that...is funny.

Originally posted by Rikk

Not quite, for you see, I'm still confused for the fact that I don't recall anybody asking
You two shits what you think rikk.

with my best elvis impersination..."thankyouverymuch..."

Pft, Elvis is dead, as your humor.

Originally posted by NAHTAN
Hot For Teacher is a better song and a far better video. No question.

My point exactly. Game, Set, Match, End of discussion.

canadiandlrgirl
07-19-2005, 04:46 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by zeronumber
Thing is, bringing up sammy hagar, when nobody was even talking about sammy, is a waste of time
You're intitle to your opinion, and so am I, but frankly, going off topic because somebody
doesn't agree with you, is just provoking a fight that doesn't even need to be started

Look...i'm not starting an argument....
i'll say any damn thing i want to say about Sammy Hagar or anyone else i feel like and there is not anything you or anyone else can do about it....it sure bothers you that anything is said about sammy...but you and the rest of the sheep can talk shit about Dave....i don't think so buddy.....and furthermore i ain't starting a fight but if it ever came down to it you don't stand a chance :mad:

franksters
07-20-2005, 09:48 AM
Hot For Teacher!!! by far, this track alone represent Diamond Dave; the spirit, the power, the decadence...

The Scatologist
07-21-2005, 03:53 AM
Panama.

The beauty of it is in the simplification itself.

Also, who can forget Dave's sword dance?

Or Dave flipping over Michael Anthony while wearing a shit with his own face on it, wearing sun glasses just like him?

Or the Red Convertible?

Hell, the opening where Ed comes out, does a little scissor kick, then later does that pick scratch in the opening riff part is memorable enough.

Georgevader
07-21-2005, 09:25 AM
Has to be Panama, I just love the smoking live footage, especially Daves entrance!

VonHalen
07-21-2005, 04:30 PM
hot for teacher

PumpedUpMidget
07-21-2005, 04:37 PM
I think that Hot For Teacher sounds a bit too ZZ Top-ish (which is not necessarily bad)

Panama grabs you by the hair and doesn't let go

Nario Lee Roth
07-21-2005, 07:03 PM
panama is easily the better song
and hot for teacher is the better video
sammy sucks
dave rules

OfficerJimmy
07-21-2005, 07:25 PM
Hot for Teacher is probably my favorite video ever.

My favorite part is the beginning where Waldo (who I didn't know was voiced by Phil Hartman until recently, so that's another of many good notches for him in my book) is talking to his mother.

"You know I'm not like the other guys mom. I'm too nervous and my socks are too loose."

P.S. At the end of the video what did Mike Anthony do? I remember Dave was the gameshow host, Eddie went insane, Alex became a gynecologist, and Waldo of course a pimp.

DavidLeeNatra
07-22-2005, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by OfficerJimmy
P.S. At the end of the video what did Mike Anthony do?

bass player became a sumo wrestler...

zeronumber
07-22-2005, 01:33 PM
Look...i'm not starting an argument....
i'll say any damn thing i want to say about Sammy Hagar or anyone else i feel like and there is not anything you or anyone else can do about it....it sure bothers you that anything is said about sammy...but you and the rest of the sheep can talk shit about Dave....i don't think so buddy.....and furthermore i ain't starting a fight but if it ever came down to it you don't stand a chance :mad:

I wasn't even talking shit about dave. I said the panama video wasn't all that great and doesn't compare to the hot for teacher video. You on the other hand got over emotional about the comment, then since you can't stand others having an opinion that doesn't agree with yours, jumped up and started flaming, and suggested that I only hated panama video because I'm a hagar fan, which wasn't the case (And this is what, the third time I'm explaining this to you?:rolleyes: )

As for a fight, you're looking for one, when you attack other members for no reason, just because you don't like it when others don't agree with you.

As for the whole thing about sammy, hey, if you want to bash sammy, fine, go ahead, I don't care, but if you bring sammy up in the conversation, when nobody is talking about sammy, it's not only irrelavent, but you know already it's going to encite an argument.

As for the "...you don't stand a chance..." please, get off the high horse already.

canadiandlrgirl
07-22-2005, 02:09 PM
I wasn't even talking shit about dave. I said the panama video wasn't all that great and doesn't compare to the hot for teacher video. You on the other hand got over emotional about the comment, then since you can't stand others having an opinion that doesn't agree with yours, jumped up and started flaming, and suggested that I only hated panama video because I'm a hagar fan, which wasn't the case (And this is what, the third time I'm explaining this to you?:rolleyes: )

As for a fight, you're looking for one, when you attack other members for no reason, just because you don't like it when others don't agree with you.

As for the whole thing about sammy, hey, if you want to bash sammy, fine, go ahead, I don't care, but if you bring sammy up in the conversation, when nobody is talking about sammy, it's not only irrelavent, but you know already it's going to encite an argument.

As for the "...you don't stand a chance..." please, get off the high horse already.

I really don't give a flying fuck what your opinions are really....
and i don't attack other army members on their opinion just you fuckin' sheep! and like i said, i will bring Sammy up any damn time i want...how many times do i have to explain that to you?:rolleyes:
and if you don't like it you can always leave!
it's not so much as you saying what you said about the Panama vid that pissed me....sure it made me mad:mad:
but you start saying i can't bash sammy....that just further pissed me off, because i will say any damn thing i want and there are 2 things you can do about it nothing and like it...
and as for my high horse saddle up then because i'm not gettin' off:D

Carmine
07-22-2005, 02:14 PM

and as for my high horse saddle up then because I'm not gettin' off:D

That's pretty good there, CG!

canadiandlrgirl
07-22-2005, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Carmine Raguzza.
That's pretty good there, CG!

canadiandlrgirl
07-22-2005, 02:17 PM
How many times are you gonna change your avatar in one day Carmine...:p

Carmine
07-22-2005, 02:28 PM
How many times are you gonna change your avatar in one day Carmine...:p

Uhhhh...11?

Don't look now....:D

canadiandlrgirl
07-22-2005, 02:42 PM
Uhhhh...11?

Don't look now....:D

that's ok!! i'm just as bad...
i think i'm gonna keep this one for awhile though..it's NAUGHTY;)
she's my idol:D

Carmine
07-22-2005, 02:54 PM

she's my idol:D

I thought I was....:(

canadiandlrgirl
07-22-2005, 03:05 PM
I thought I was....:(

you're my male idol, silly:p

Carmine
07-22-2005, 03:12 PM
you're my male idol, silly:p

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

bueno bob
07-22-2005, 03:54 PM
It's fun to watch CG kick ass all over the place :)

Zero's a tool. Just arguing about ANYTHING with CG is a pretty stupid idea.

canadiandlrgirl
07-22-2005, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
It's fun to watch CG kick ass all over the place :)

Zero's a tool. Just arguing about ANYTHING with CG is a pretty stupid idea.

thnx bob:)
but i kinda started it;)

and i'm gonna finish it:D

bueno bob
07-22-2005, 05:13 PM
thnx bob:)
but i kinda started it;)

and i'm gonna finish it:D

Looks likely.

purefuckinrock!
07-22-2005, 08:09 PM
I think HFT is more constructed, there's a bunch of great ideas (Waldo and his mom, the funny noises, the kids looking like VH, the ending with the future of each member) but Panama offers that raw energy I like in CVH, there's a lot of live-type footage and you can even see three Dave in the same picture and Ed making a fool of himself hanging upside down.

Anyway, I'll give the advantage to HFT because it's a bit like The Diamond David Lee Roth Show and three guys who play music with him. Everything in the video has DAVE written all over it and I think it's less obvious in Panama.

StarJammer
07-22-2005, 10:14 PM
"Panama" is the greatest video in the history of the World.

canadiandlrgirl
07-24-2005, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Looks likely.

diamondsgirl
07-24-2005, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by purefuckinrock!
Anyway, I'll give the advantage to HFT because it's a bit like The Diamond David Lee Roth Show and three guys who play music with him. .

I wanna give you 5 more stars

purefuckinrock!
07-24-2005, 06:45 AM

I wanna give you 5 more stars

Oh please, help yourself and I'll return 10 more to you.:xmas: