PDA

View Full Version : Fair Warning vs. DLR Band

zeronumber
07-04-2005, 02:08 AM
Yeah, I know what your thinking, this type of thread has been done more times than Mariah Carey(Bazing) but, frankly, it has to be done.

Because frankly ladies and gentlemen, it's time to put away all the bullshit, all the bais, all the talk, and get down to the real question at hand.

Yes, no more comparasions between Cvh to cvh albulms, or Dlr to Dlr albulms, or DLr to Vhagar albulms. A real CVH vs. Dlr thought disccusion thread, and what better thread to do it, than with by possibly, the two best efforts by the one, the only, the toastmaster, Diamond Dave himself, both while he was in van halen, and when he was out.

Now, Fair warning, has to be, without question, one of(if not, the best) CVH albulm ever made. It was one of the very few CVH albulms that were heavy in original material, while at the same time, where emphasizing more rock than pop(well there is "So this is love" but, then again, where not talking about "Dance the night away", or "jump"... Showcasing CvH more serious side that has some reflection of WACF days, while holding true to many VH standards. Frankly, if there is an albulm to remember CVH by, this would be the albulm.

Then we go to DLR band. Now, One could contend that EEAS was a better albulm, but many would agree that this post VH, and Post Vai era albulm, truely showed DLr was the best. Granted, there have been some DLr albulms that showed that dave had ups on sammy and the brother. But this albulm goes beyond that. How many DLR albulms could honestly show to be better than other DlR albulms, an vh effort(VH3) and 2 of the solo efforts by a replacement singer(Marching to Mars and Red Voodoo) Thus, a legendary albulm in it's own right for doing so.

So the real question is...What's better? What albulm really stands out on top, as the best effort by Dave?

Frankly...I'm going to have to go with Fair warning.
Which, in the end run...was just a better albulm on an overall specturm. Better guitars, and a bit more consistancy in the quailty of songs...where as dlr band had it's awesome songs, and it's "good" songs, where fair warning was awesome from beinging to end.

What do you mofo's think?

Matt White
07-04-2005, 02:22 AM
DLR BAND is a solid CD. Good tunes & DAVE has got the fire..FAIR WARNING is CLASSIC VAN HALEN. MEAN STREETS, UNCHAINED, SINNERS SWING, PUSH COMES TO SHOVE, SO THIS IS LOVE?, DIRTY MOVIES, and my fav HEAR ABOUT IT LATER.......STELLAR.

DAVE is in fine form on this disc. KILLER Lyrics & Hooks....ATTITUDE that launched a 1,000,000 imitators!

EVH is a MOFO on FAIR WARNING.

canadiandlrgirl
07-04-2005, 02:25 AM
Fair Warning by just a little bit.....
both awesome album
and VERY underrated

rustoffa
07-05-2005, 11:19 PM
I'd have to say Fair Warning is the better of the two.

Without a doubt, it's way better.

Hands down, Fair Warning is alot better.

Redballjets88
07-06-2005, 12:47 AM
i dont have dlr band no music stores carry it around here i can never find it

moose
07-06-2005, 03:15 PM
Yah thanx for puttin me through this, now I need my meds after makin my decision..............Fair Warning..........DLR Band...................aw fuck it man, Fair Warning that's it thats all.

DavidLeeNatra
07-06-2005, 07:24 PM
fair warning is my all time favorite of the CVH albums...so I go with FW...

guwapo_rocker
07-06-2005, 07:43 PM
Fair Warning period.

DavidLeeNatra
07-06-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
Fair Warning period.

you mean, I can close this thread now?

guwapo_rocker
07-06-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
you mean, I can close this thread now?

Pretty much yep!!

DavidLeeNatra
07-06-2005, 08:01 PM
maybe I should delete it...we haven't had much trouble in this forum for a long time :D

diamondsgirl
07-06-2005, 10:24 PM
Are you fucking kidding me?

Fair Warning.

Topic Closed.

:D

VonHalen
07-15-2005, 04:27 PM
as much as i love the DLRBAnd-
gotta go with FW

purefuckinrock!
07-23-2005, 11:09 AM
Need one more before last call ?
Fair Fucking Warning !

tjvhou812
07-28-2005, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
I'd have to say Fair Warning is the better of the two.

Without a doubt, it's way better.

Hands down, Fair Warning is alot better.

period

Matt White
07-29-2005, 01:29 AM
FAIR WARNING is better than 99% of all recorded music.

DavidLeeNatra
07-29-2005, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by Matt White
FAIR WARNING is better than 99% of all recorded music.

you can't argue with that...

jero
07-29-2005, 04:12 AM
fair Warning! By far...