PDA

View Full Version : Burning software

Bob_R
03-09-2004, 11:53 AM
What burning software do you guys use? I have Nero but sometimes it makes me crazy it's such a fucking resource/memory hog. Though I feel Nero is better than Roxio/Adaptec I never had problems with Roxio/Adaptec.

Anyone use EAC or Alchol 110% or something like that.

All comments are appreciated!

Thanks! :)

Full Bug
03-09-2004, 11:57 AM
Nero seems to work fine for me, it has some minor annoying things, but for the most part I am happy with it.....

bukowsky
03-12-2004, 09:45 AM
pleased with Nero 5.5 (not Nero Express!!!) and had to change for Nero 6.0 because of a new DVD-writer that wasn't supported with the old version.
Nero has IMHO the best audio error correction software to grab audio CDs. I don't really like the codecs for generating mpeg files but for writing its the best I know.

@EVH FANATIC
don't really know what problems you mean ... you can move the caching drive from install to another drive ... ???

YankeeRose
03-14-2004, 12:52 AM
Nero's great...I love it! Can you be more specific about the problems you are having?

Lou
03-14-2004, 12:59 AM
I like Nero except that every time you burn you have to check the option that burns Disc-At-Once (no spaces between tracks).

Bob_R
03-14-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by YankeeRose
Nero's great...I love it! Can you be more specific about the problems you are having?

It's not a constant problem it comes and goes. At times when I want to burn I get the "blue screen of death." I must reboot and sometimes that doesn't work and I just log off and try again later or another day.

And then everything is OK until some other time down the road. And this only happens when I'm using Nero. Memory/resource hog I guess. :confused:

bukowsky
03-15-2004, 12:04 PM
unfortuantely Nero is a bit sensitively if other copy programs like WinOnCD or something are installed on the machine as well ... do you have a correct atapi-file?

FORD
03-15-2004, 12:52 PM
Nero's all I use anymore. Had way too many errors with Roxio. Plus, Nero has the "overburning" feature which allows you to exceed the 80 minute limit on a standard CD-R.

If you have 82 minutes of music, it's ridiculous to burn 2 40 minute CD's unless you really want to. Many new CD Burners can go up to 99 minutes with no problems, but for that you would need CD-R's with the extra capacity. And those are hard to come by, at present

Rebel
03-16-2004, 12:04 AM
I use EAC to rip, then whatever burner, usually Soundforge cuz I have it, musicmatch has a nice free burner, it just tries to take over your computer. Free is the way to go no doubt. Alcohol is great for DVDs, especially burning PS2 games.

ian_doherty
03-21-2004, 01:01 PM
I like MusicMatch for making music cds, the cost for the software is about $20.

I like Pinnacle Systems for doing video stuff, the cost is about $100.

Buy the actual discs. I had trouble with the download versions, no trouble with the discs.

With Pinnacle Systems you can only send avi files to disc, for some reason the mpg files don't work (on cd).

joe_to
03-22-2004, 02:40 AM
Have you tried EasyCdCreator? It's a bit complex but has everything you may ever want from a burner.

Cato
03-22-2004, 05:45 PM
EZCD creator is crap. dump it.

GAR
04-16-2004, 05:06 AM
I don't burn Van Halen CD's.. or DLR CD's.

I think I prefer burning Nero instead of Tokyo.

.. no I don't.

Bob_R
05-14-2004, 02:42 PM
Bump