PDA

View Full Version : Schumer: We Are Going To War

Ally_Kat
07-06-2005, 11:48 AM
XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX WED JULY 06, 2005 11:09:22 ET XXXXX

SEN. SCHUMER CAUGHT ON CELLPHONE: 'WE ARE GOING TO WAR' OVER SUPREME COURT

**Exclusive**

Senate Judiciary Committee member Chuck Schumer got busy plotting away on the cellphone aboard a Washington, DC-New York Amtrak -- plotting Democrat strategy for the upcoming Supreme Court battle.

Schumer, promised a fight over whoever the President’s nominee was: “It's not about an individual judge… It's about how it affects the overall makeup of the court.”

Schumer was overheard on a long cellphone conversation with an unknown political ally, and the DRUDGE REPORT was there!

Schumer, chairman of the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, proudly declared, “We are contemplating how we are going to go to war over this.”

Schumer went on to say how hard it was to predict how a Supreme Court justice would turn out: “Even William Rehnquist is more moderate than they expected. The only ones that resulted how they predicted were [Antonin] Scalia and [Ruth Bader] Ginsburg. So most of the time they've gotten their picks wrong, and that's what we want to do to them again.”

Schumer later went on to mock the “Gang of 14” judicial filibuster deal and said it wasn’t relevant in the Supreme Court debate.

“A Priscilla Owen or Janice Rogers Brown style appointment may not have been extraordinary to the appellate court but may be extraordinary to the Supreme Court.”

By the time the train hit New Jersey, Schumer shifted gears and called his friend and “Gang of 14” member, Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham. The two talked in a very friendly manner about doing an event sometime this week together.

Developing…

http://drudgereport.com/flash3sca.htm

Ally_Kat
07-06-2005, 11:50 AM
This guy is a snake; This is something he would do. Man, I don't care if he's replaced with another Democrat, I just want him replaced. He's so two-faced it isn't funny.

Guitar Shark
07-06-2005, 11:52 AM
Ah, the Drudge Report... that bastion of journalistic integrity and neutrality. :)

Nickdfresh
07-06-2005, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
This guy is a snake; This is something he would do. Man, I don't care if he's replaced with another Democrat, I just want him replaced. He's so two-faced it isn't funny.

SCHUMER has very high approval ratings in NY. He's a "snake?" you'd have thought he lied to get us into war or something!

Just tell people there are WMD's involved and they'll gladly hop along....

Ally_Kat
07-06-2005, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
SCHUMER has very high approval ratings in NY. He's a "snake?" you'd have thought he lied to get us into war or something!

Just tell people there are WMD's involved and they'll gladly hop along....

He has a high approval rating cuz he shows up at ever lil parade and kisses ass in public.

Nickdfresh
07-06-2005, 11:59 AM
He has a high approval rating cuz he shows up at ever lil parade and kisses ass in public.

And does quite a bit for our state, unlike those that shortchange us on Homeland Security funds.

I'd actually like to see SCHUMER make a run at the Presidency, but it's too early for that yet.

FORD
07-06-2005, 11:59 AM
This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Had Rehnquist retired, as was expected given his recent health, an appointment of a right wing extremist judge to replace a right wing extremist judge would have been expected, and as long as the nominee was qualified, probably would have been an easy confirmation.

But this is different. While O'Connor was one of the Felonious Florida Five who installed Junior as pResident, and while her own preference for him winning that election was announced loudly at a party on election night 2000, her voting has not always been in line with the BCE agenda. To call her a "moderate" would be reasonable, at least by the standards of what passes for "moderate" these days.

Apparently Reagan (the messiah of conservatism) didn't have a problem with thes "moderate" leanings. Apparently Poppy Bush didn't either. Junior should do the right thing, and replace O'Connor with a similar judge, not another right wing extremist.

The Supreme Court must remain balanced for the good of the country.

Guitar Shark
07-06-2005, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by FORD

Since when does the "good of the country" matter to this administration?

Bush will appoint a true conservative, you'll see.

Ally_Kat
07-06-2005, 12:05 PM
And does quite a bit for our state, unlike those that shortchange us on Homeland Security funds.

I'd actually like to see SCHUMER make a run at the Presidency, but it's too early for that yet.

you ever meet him?

FORD
07-06-2005, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
Since when does the "good of the country" matter to this administration?

Bush will appoint a true conservative, you'll see.

Oh, I'm sure he will try. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if he DID try to appoint Ann The Man.

Shit, he's tried to cash in on appointing blacks and hispanics, (and accusing opponents of those appointments of being "racist") why not the first transgendered Supreme Court Justice??

I was basically agreeing with Schumer that there is a fight coming, and that there should be.

Except the usual suspects Bayh, Biden, Landrieu, Nelson, etc won't fight at all.

Guitar Shark
07-06-2005, 12:11 PM
Oh, I'm sure he will try. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if he DID try to appoint Ann The Man.

Shit, he's tried to cash in on appointing blacks and hispanics, (and accusing opponents of those appointments of being "racist") why not the first transgendered Supreme Court Justice??

I was basically agreeing with Schumer that there is a fight coming, and that there should be.

Except the usual suspects Bayh, Biden, Landrieu, Nelson, etc won't fight at all.

I think there will be a big fight. I love how the media is portraying Gonzales as a "moderate" conservative. ROFL! If he's considered moderate, then O'Connor is a fucking hippie.

BigBadBrian
07-06-2005, 12:12 PM
I think there will be a big fight. I love how the media is portraying Gonzales as a "moderate" conservative. ROFL! If he's considered moderate, then O'Connor is a fucking hippie.

As long as Roe v. Wade is history...I'm happy.

:gulp:

Guitar Shark
07-06-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
As long as Roe v. Wade is history...I'm happy.

:gulp:

Strangely enough, that wouldn't bother me too much.

But I think it's unlikely that they'll outlaw abortion outright. They'll probably just leave it up to the individual states.

Ally_Kat
07-06-2005, 12:20 PM
Strangely enough, that wouldn't bother me too much.

But I think it's unlikely that they'll outlaw abortion outright. They'll probably just leave it up to the individual states.

That's what I've been thinking would happen if it should ever get overturned.

Nickdfresh
07-06-2005, 12:48 PM
you ever meet him?

No, but there have been a lot of politicians I have never met. My sister in law met KERRY and said he was kind of a dick.

Have you?

DLR'sCock
07-06-2005, 01:12 PM
So god forbid the dems plan on going to war if the prezzzz decides to appoint a Right Wing Nut Job ACTIVIST Judge.....

It's not like he is planning on making up a phony war that kills thousands of americans, seriously wounds over 40,000 americans and iraqis, and kills over 100,000 iraqis, and don't forget you "save the unborn hypocritical repukes", 50% of Iraq's population is under 17, so YOU murdered over 50,000 children....

good job hypocrites!!!

As long YOU remain on top, and pull the strings, that's all that mattters!!!!

Drudge Report, give a fucking break...

The only thing that really would make these lunaitc right wing repukes happy is if they had control over every branch of gov't...oh yeah silly me, they already, and that's not even good enough for them!@@@

lmfao!!! Somehow you know, that every fuck up the pukes have done over the last 5 years will al be all Clinton's fault of course...

ok rant over...

steve
07-06-2005, 01:59 PM
What he said.

And what would you expect Schumer to say while being overheard on his cell phone: "If the President pushes through a extremist nominee in the vein of Scalia we're going to lay down like sheep" ?!?!

Regardless...even if one perceives Schumer's supposed overheard cell phone conversation on the subway as snaky political manuvering, it can't compare to Karl Rove:

"Uhhh...yeah. Out that undercover CIA bitch, Plame. She's currently undercover? So what. Let that cunt die."

Nickdfresh
07-06-2005, 02:30 PM
Why is it that a Democrat gets flamed for showing real leadership?

LoungeMachine
07-06-2005, 09:52 PM
XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX WED JULY 06, 2005 11:09:22 ET XXXXX

That's all I needed to read, right there.

Quoting DRUDGE ???

:rolleyes:

academic punk
07-06-2005, 10:26 PM
First of all, it's idiotic to accuse Schumer of being a snake. One minute the Dems are being blasted for not having any spine and not standing for anything, now the problem is that they are standing up and showing how their party differs from the GOP. So what the fuck is the problem?

Secondly, my bet is that we *WILL* see a moderate judge appointed this time around. Because Bush does want to show reconciliation and an efficient confirmation process? HELL, NO!!! It's so that when Rehinquist DOES step down right in time for the mid-term campaigns the right will be able to have that platform to run on, PLUS it'll be an ethnic nominee, so that'll make in-roads into getting the minority votes.

Third, RvW will not be overturned during this administration. Why? Again, that'll be the platform for the 2008 presidential elections. Don't fool yourself into thinking that these lives matter so much to these politicians. They're willing to let a few thousand more zygotes "die" for their political agenda along the way.

And turning abortion into a states rights issue is pointless, for obvious reasons.

Fourth, may I just add that

JesterStar...IS HUNGRY FOR THE COCK!!!

diamondD
07-06-2005, 10:27 PM
This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Had Rehnquist retired, as was expected given his recent health, an appointment of a right wing extremist judge to replace a right wing extremist judge would have been expected, and as long as the nominee was qualified, probably would have been an easy confirmation.

But this is different. While O'Connor was one of the Felonious Florida Five who installed Junior as pResident, and while her own preference for him winning that election was announced loudly at a party on election night 2000, her voting has not always been in line with the BCE agenda. To call her a "moderate" would be reasonable, at least by the standards of what passes for "moderate" these days.

Apparently Reagan (the messiah of conservatism) didn't have a problem with thes "moderate" leanings. Apparently Poppy Bush didn't either. Junior should do the right thing, and replace O'Connor with a similar judge, not another right wing extremist.

Ok,let me get my conspiracy theories correct. O'Connor was BSCE appointed, kept the BSCE in power by installing him as president, but she's a moderate? And another judge that would do the same is good for the country?

That's some good stuff you're smoking for your birthday. ;)

Ally_Kat
07-06-2005, 11:02 PM
No, but there have been a lot of politicians I have never met. My sister in law met KERRY and said he was kind of a dick.

Have you?

Yes I have. Had to work with him. Not a fun experience.

Ally_Kat
07-06-2005, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by DLR'sCock
So god forbid the dems plan on going to war if the prezzzz decides to appoint a Right Wing Nut Job ACTIVIST Judge.....

that would be understanable, but that's not what he said. He said no matter who it was.

Ally_Kat
07-06-2005, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
First of all, it's idiotic to accuse Schumer of being a snake.

I'm not saying that based solely on the article. I worked for the NYC Board of Elections and was on a team for a project that had to deal with him. THAT's where my comment comes from.

Now, if you're going to tell me it's idiotic to call him a snake when I had to deal with him...

academic punk
07-06-2005, 11:11 PM
I'm not saying that based solely on the article. I worked for the NYC Board of Elections and was on a team for a project that had to deal with him. THAT's where my comment comes from.

Now, if you're going to tell me it's idiotic to call him a snake when I had to deal with him...

Sure. I have to deal with JesterStar on here, but at least I limit my name-calling towards him to merely

JesterStar...HE'S HUNGRY FOR THE COCK!!!

academic punk
07-06-2005, 11:13 PM
that would be understanable, but that's not what he said. He said no matter who it was.

And he said that b/c he KNOWS that it's going to be someone untenable. You think he'd go to war no matter what if it turned out that Bush was appointing Schumer himself???

Come on. Wake up and die right.

Ally_Kat
07-06-2005, 11:26 PM
And he said that b/c he KNOWS that it's going to be someone untenable. You think he'd go to war no matter what if it turned out that Bush was appointing Schumer himself???

Come on. Wake up and die right.

What if it's someone who is more moderate?

Nickdfresh
07-06-2005, 11:31 PM
Yes I have. Had to work with him. Not a fun experience.

I've dealt with plenty of political pricks. I've met PATAKI while working for a local radio station and have heard anecdotal stories about Alfonse D'Mato. No offence ALLY, but something tells me you would be a bit more accepting of transgressions committed by a REPUBLICAN prick than a DEMOCRATIC one.

academic punk
07-07-2005, 07:55 AM
What if it's someone who is more moderate?

If it's someone more moderate, the dems will work with them.

It'd be stupid not too when they've already gotr the stigma of bieng road-blockers.

Guitar Shark
07-07-2005, 11:20 AM
I searched all over the mainstream media websites and the only one I found which even references this "story" is Fox News -- what a surprise. Here's an excerpt from the Fox article (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,161758,00.html) about this:

On Wednesday, supporters of the White House pointed to a report that Democratic Sen. Chuck Schumer of New York was overheard aboard a train telling someone on a cell phone call that some Democrats "are contemplating how we are going to go to war over this."

The phrasing led some to suggest that Schumer has decided to oppose any nominee, regardless of who is chosen.

But Schumer's spokesman said late Wednesday that Schumer has repeatedly said he hopes for a consensus nominee and the senator was only saying that if Bush nominates an extremist, Democrats "will not just roll over."

As usual, Drudge gets all hyped up over nothing. Why anybody even reads his crap is beyond me.

academic punk
07-07-2005, 11:20 AM
T

Well said.

????????????????????

Guitar Shark
07-07-2005, 11:24 AM
Well said.

????????????????????

R!

(went back and edited it) ;)

academic punk
07-07-2005, 11:26 AM
I think I preferred the original post.

"T".

It's simple, it's elegant, it's open to interpretation. Five stars!

Ally_Kat
07-07-2005, 02:50 PM
I've dealt with plenty of political pricks. I've met PATAKI while working for a local radio station and have heard anecdotal stories about Alfonse D'Mato. No offence ALLY, but something tells me you would be a bit more accepting of transgressions committed by a REPUBLICAN prick than a DEMOCRATIC one.

You can think that all you want, Nick. I don't like Pataki much either. And Bloomberg is an ass, but I wouldn't hold him as a Republican prick much as he jumps parties to get into elections.

The one Democratic assemblyman, Anthony, is a great guy and works hard to help out our area. I've voted for him before.

LoungeMachine
07-07-2005, 10:35 PM

As usual, Drudge gets all hyped up over nothing. Why anybody even reads his crap is beyond me.

Dunno.

Ask Ally.

He's a fucking neo-con shit bag hack. The only diiference between him, and Ann-the-Man Coulter, is Ann has a cock, and Matt wants to suck one.

academic punk
07-07-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
The only diiference between him, and Ann-the-Man Coulter, is Ann has a cock, and Matt wants to suck one.

???

Jesterstar's real name is Matt Drudge??

I thought it was "Ryan Moynahan"...

JesterStar...HE'S HUNGRY FOR THE COCK!!!