PDA

View Full Version : Christine Gregoire implements vehicle emission standards.

Steve Savicki
07-06-2005, 02:34 PM
http://www.chrisgregoire.com/

During my campaign, your support kept me going. I knew that you had faith in me - and you had faith that we'd make real progress when we got to Olympia.

You were right to believe we could make change, and I hope you're proud of what we have already accomplished.

Toghether, we passed the best budget for K-12 education that this state has seen in more than a decade, including a targeted and permanent funding source for I-728 to reduce class size, and reinstatement of I-732 to increase pay for teachers.

We are extending the promise of health to thousands of low-income children, turning back the Dino Rossi-led cuts that left 23,000 kids stranded without health care. We reinstated coverage for those kids, and then went one step further - extending coverage to 17,000 more children.

We are investing in green building standards, restoring the health of the Hood Canal, and instead of waiting around for the Bush Administration to face the facts on global climate change, we took the initiative: I am proud to have just signed a bill implementing some of the toughest vehicle emission standards in the nation.

During the campaign, I promised to make a major investment in the rapidly developing Bio-tech community in our state. To that end, we fought for and created the Life Sciences Discovery Fund.

This fund uses a $350 million bonus from the federal tobacco settlement that I negotiated, and invests those funds to support cutting-edge health care and wellness through agricultural research. This investment will propel Washington to the forefront of the nation Bio-tech community and create many new jobs here in our state.

Many of the proposal were bitterly fought. But I'm sure you'll agree that we did the right thing by protecting the health of our most vulnerable citizens, ivesting in education, and protecting clean air and water.

This legislative session, we made great strides in improving our state's transportation system.

It took determination, leadership and a lot of calls to concerned legislators to pass a comprehensive transportation package of which we can all be proud.

With a coalition that included business leaders, community activists, and environmentalists, we forged a transportation solution that will create jobs, keep companies location our region, and attact more high-tech, agricultural, and manufacturing firms to our state.

Thank you for the support you have provided which enabled us to accomplish all this.

Rossi was that bad, eh?

At least Gregoire is taking the iniative and not waiting for a chimp to make up his mind.
Sounds like Washington State has gotten its act together.;)