PDA

View Full Version : [size=3][b]London Attacked![/b][/size]

Nickdfresh
07-07-2005, 06:37 AM
Multiple explosions rock London
'Terrible injuries' reported in blasts

Thursday, July 7, 2005; Posted: 6:32 a.m. EDT (10:32 GMT)

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/WORLD/europe/07/07/london.tube/story.injured1.ap.jpg
Injured passengers are led away from Edgware Road Tube Station.

LONDON, England (CNN (http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/07/07/london.tube/index.html)) -- Near simultaneous explosions rocked the London Underground network and at least one bus at the morning rush hour, police said, causing fatalities and prompting officials to shut down the entire underground transport network.

In the first report of casualties, City of London police told CNN there had been two fatalities at Aldgate east station.

The explosions came a day after London was awarded the 2012 Olympics and as the G8 summit was getting under way in Scotland. Initial reports blamed a power surge, but officials were not ruling out a terrorist attack.

"There have been a number of dreadful incidents across London today," said Home Secretary Charles Clarke, Britain's top law enforcement officer. He said there were "terrible injuries."

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Ian Blair urged Londoners not to panic and said it was too early to say what caused the blasts.

UK Prime Minister Tony Blair said he would make a statement on the London explosions from the G8 summit at 1100GMT, his spokesman said.

The Tube blasts at the height of the rush hour on Thursday were initially blamed on a power surge.

But amid the chaos eyewitnesses reported that a packed double decker bus in the Russell Square area had been severely damaged in a blast.

There were media reports that a second bus had been damaged in Tavistock Square. Police told CNN they could not confirm that report.

Describing the Russell Square blast, eyewitness Belinda Seabrook told the UK Press Association she saw an explosion rip through the bus as it approached the Square.

"I was on the bus in front and heard an incredible bang, I turned round and half the double decker bus was in the air," she said.

She said the bus was travelling from Euston to Russell Square and had been "packed" with people turned away from Tube stops.

Travellers emerged from underground tunnels covered in blood and soot. Scotland Yard declared the emergency a "major incident."

Emergency services were called to London's Liverpool Street Station after reports of an explosion shortly before 9 a.m.

A short while later, London Underground said there had been "another incident at Edgware Road" station in north west London.

Copyright 2005 CNN. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Associated Press contributed to this report.

Our heart goes out to our UK friends today.:confused:

Nickdfresh
07-07-2005, 06:44 AM
Last Updated: Thursday, 7 July, 2005, 10:23 GMT 11:23 UK

Multiple blasts paralyse London
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41276000/jpg/_41276681_aldgatefire_pa203_300.jpg
Firefighters at Aldgate Tube station
Firefighters aid an injured passenger at Aldgate station

Large numbers of casualties have been reported after at least six explosions on the Underground network and a double-decker bus in London.

Scotland Yard confirmed one of several reports of explosions on buses in the city - in Tavistock Place - but said the cause was not yet known.

UK Home Secretary Charles Clarke said several explosions in central London had caused "terrible injuries".

All Tube services and bus services in central London have been suspended.

"The health services are in support to deal with the terrible injuries that there have been," Clarke told reporters outside Downing Street.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair said there had been at least six explosions, but said the picture was still "very confused".

Scotland Yard said explosions have been reported at Edgware Road, King's Cross, Liverpool Street, Russell Square, Aldgate East and Moorgate.

08:49 police called to Liverpool Street tube station after reports of a bang
Blasts also reported at Aldgate East, Edgware Rd, Kings Cross, Moorgate, Russell Square tube stations
10:14 Reports of blast on bus at Tavistock Square

Number 10 said it was "still unsure" whether the explosions were a terrorist attack and although casualties were reported, no further details were yet available.

Prime Minister Tony Blair is to make a live televised statement on the explosions in London at 1200 BST, Downing Street added.

All London Underground services have been suspended indefinitely and bus services in central London (Zone One) have been halted.

A spokesman for Vodafone said emergency services were being given priority access to the mobile phone network which was causing problems for other users.

One caller to BBC Five said his friend had seen "the bus ripped open like a can of sardines and bodies everywhere".

Loyita Worley, who works for a City law firm, said she was on the underground train when an explosion took place in the next carriage, while it was in a tunnel.

The 49-year-old said: "All the lights went out and the train came to an immediate halt. There was smoke everywhere and everyone was coughing and choking, but remained calm. We couldn't open the doors."

Once the doors were opened they were taken along to Liverpool Street station.

She said the carriage where an explosion happened was "black on the inside" she saw people who appeared to have their clothes blown off, and she saw bodies lying inside the carriage.

And the Press Association quoted union officials as saying sources had told them there had been at least one explosive device on the Underground.

There was immediately smoke everywhere and it was hot and everybody panicked. People started screaming and crying
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41276000/gif/_41276921_central_londonblasts_map.gif

British Transport Police said incidents took place at Aldgate, Edgware Road, King's Cross, Old Street and Russell Square stations.

Scotland Yard confirmed they were assisting with a "major incident" and said there were casualties.

Hospitals have said they are no longer accepting non-emergency cases, BBC Five Live reported.

The National Grid, which supplies power to the Underground, said there had been no problems with its system which could have contributed to the incidents.

'Screaming and crying'

Jacqui Head, from BBC News, who had just left King's Cross station on a Piccadilly Line train as an explosion happened, said: "Everything was normal. Suddenly there was a massive bang, the train jolted.

"There was immediately smoke everywhere and it was hot and everybody panicked. People started screaming and crying."

The train was kept in the tunnel for 20 minutes and no announcement was made to explain the delay to passengers, she added.

Liberal Democrat MP Simon Hughes, near Kings Cross, told Five Live: "My only thought in the midst of all this confusion is that after the celebration of yesterday (for the Olympic 2012 London success) for people to be evil enough - if it is the intentional causing of death and injury - and think that they can justify this in any circumstances is completely unacceptable."

London Fire Brigade said four crews were at Liverpool Street and more were on their way.

Another passenger, who had left the Tube at Fenchurch Street Station, and walked to Aldgate East, told BBC Five Live that he saw injured people.

"As I walked through the bus station I could see people lying on the ground, black, as if they'd been covered in smoke. There were about three or four people on the floor being treated."

Eyewitness Paul Woloszyn from BBC News, who was at Blackhorse Road station on the Victoria Line, said: "We were told there was a bomb at Liverpool Street station.

"I was on the Tube, and they stopped the train and told everyone to get off and evacuate the station."

He said staff had said the entire Tube network had been affected, and leaflets had been handed out with details of alternative bus routes.

Another eyewitness, Dorothy Molloy, had been on a Tube train at King's Cross and said "staff just chucked everyone out of the station".

She said staff there had not given any details, but she said two passengers she had spoken to had said they had received messages saying there had been bombs.

"People didn't really know what was going on, they were just huffing and puffing and saying how annoying it was," she said.

"People don't seem to be panicked, but there's so many police and ambulances coming into the areas. People are just concerned, and some are just annoyed at the delay."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4659093.stm

bigc
07-07-2005, 07:00 AM
Yep....woah

I overslept today as I had the day off college,come downstairs ,flick on the tv,and I see that news.

I'm surprised its taken that long to be honest. My first fear when I saw the news was that the IRA ceasefire had broken,because I know Al-Quaeda pose a serious threat(and probably were behind todays attack), the IRA were alot more frequent in their activities and it would really kick off violence again in Northern Ireland.

I think its about 9 years since London has been bombed.Its a weird feeling,seeing it on the tv.

Warham
07-07-2005, 07:00 AM
Must have been the BCE disguised as Al-Quada.

kentuckyklira
07-07-2005, 07:02 AM
Wasn´t there some kind of "War on Terror" supposedly being waged successfully at the moment??:(

Nickdfresh
07-07-2005, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by Warham
Must have been the BCE disguised as Al-Quada. :rolleyes:

Nickdfresh
07-07-2005, 07:06 AM
G-8 begins this morning.

Warham
07-07-2005, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
:rolleyes:

Definately the BCE. FORD would agree, once the link has been found that bin Laden and his pals were behind this attack.

fryingdutchman
07-07-2005, 07:12 AM
Tony Blair just completed brief comments stating that it is "reasonably clear" that this was an act of terrorism.

Blair to return to London, but then is supposed to go back to G8 Summit.

Seshmeister
07-07-2005, 07:14 AM
Reports now that they were suicide bombers.

First time we've had that over here.

Stupid cunts!

Nickdfresh
07-07-2005, 07:49 AM
Definately the BCE. FORD would agree, once the link has been found that bin Laden and his pals were behind this attack.

Then why don't you let FORD post his own shit. Maybe it was HILLARY CLINTON that set the bombs off so NYC would get the OLYMPICS? Pot--->Tea kettle!:rolleyes:

Warham
07-07-2005, 07:54 AM
Nick, FORD's gone on many times about how the BCE started terrorism around the world.

Don't you read his conspiracy-driven ramblings?

Poppy Bush started global terrorism when he was director of the CIA back in the 70's. bin Laden's just a family friend, according to FORD.

Warham
07-07-2005, 07:56 AM
Then why don't you let FORD post his own shit. Maybe it was HILLARY CLINTON that set the bombs off so NYC would get the OLYMPICS? Pot--->Tea kettle!:rolleyes:

Oh, so now you think Clinton did that?

Boy, you guys have gone off the deep end.

Jérôme Frenchise
07-07-2005, 07:59 AM
All this badly hurts me too.:( I've been to London many times, each time for weeks. I know these places, and the Tube stations.
Londoners are so cool people in general, the city is such a peaceful place to be. Well, had I never been there, I would almost feel the same, anyway.
Damned, those who are responsible for these odious crimes, whoever they are, are the last junk on earth.
And it really seems that Al Quaida did it, as the disgusting cowardice of these dreadful murders look a lot like their own...
What do those fanatics have to complain about?!:mad:
London tolerates the presence of certain extremist muslim lunatics who might well be the core of today's tragedy. The first stage of Blair's proclaimed war against terrorism should have started there, don't you think so?

academic punk
07-07-2005, 08:00 AM
Nick, FORD's gone on many times about how the BCE started terrorism around the world.

Poppy Bush started global terrorism when he was director of the CIA back in the 70's. bin Laden's just a family friend, according to FORD.

Not just a family friend: a business associate in the Carlyle Group, which has been reaping millions in the defense industry since 9/11 (and only goign into public trade after the cintracts came opouring in: in a single day, TCG made $278 million for the members of its board.

The morning of 9/11 Sr. and bin Laden's brother were in a meeting together at the DC Ritz-Carlton. If not conspiratiorial, it's at least downright creepy.

Nickdfresh
07-07-2005, 08:04 AM

And you've gone on many a times about CLINTON conspriacies.:rolleyes: So let's not spam a thread with this crap, m'kay?

Nickdfresh
07-07-2005, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister

Stupid cunts!

I've heard there have been three attacks so far?

I've also heard the figure of 90 causualties...But that has to be on the low-side sadly...

bigc
07-07-2005, 08:13 AM
i've heard 2.

somewhere in my home town(the station) has been closed due to "security reasons", so its quite close to home.

I was just talking to a friend of mine who is in London today,she's doing her work experience there, she's quite shaken up by it,and might not be able to get back to brighton today

Jérôme Frenchise
07-07-2005, 08:37 AM
Again, there are extremely bad and mad extremist muslim predicators, under Al-Quaida's orders, who have lived in London for years, spreading their hateful extremist crap amongst their community. These religious fana/lunatics have enjoyed an amazing freedom in the very city of London.
I saw a documentary last year about one of them, a particularly insane, long-bearded, obviously rigged out Islamist who gathered dozens of followers in the street. The camera was hidden, so the speech between them was uncensored...
That crazy bastard spoke in an unashamed warlike and hateful way. I'm afraid there still are some dirty jerks like him and their believers around in London, so I wouldn't be surprised if this morning's attacks were organized by that breed... who live in London!

Nickdfresh
07-07-2005, 08:42 AM
I just hope that everybody that posts here from the UK is okay.

LoungeMachine
07-07-2005, 09:21 AM

This is somehow funny to you :mad:

Seshmeister
07-07-2005, 09:25 AM
I've heard there have been three attacks so far?

I've also heard the figure of 90 causualties...But that has to be on the low-side sadly...

I think 5 attacks it's all a bit confused still.

Death figure is currently 3 which if it's suicide bombers is really low but I think it's going to rise to at maybe a dozen?

BigBadBrian
07-07-2005, 09:25 AM

Stupid cunts!

Didn't you see that movie "Dirty War" about hypothetical suicide bombers blowing themselves up in London? It was a UK production. I thought it was pretty well done. It dealt with dirty bombs but the parallels are chilling.

BigBadBrian
07-07-2005, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
This is somehow funny to you :mad:

I think it's a tad funny. The shoe is on the other foot.

:gulp:

Phil theStalker
07-07-2005, 09:34 AM
Yoo wanna run wit da U.S.A. yoo gotta pay..

Chaos by DESIGN..

when's Blair going t2o RESIGN?

install flappo, he'll doo a better job..

SPAM f4or everyo1ne!

:spank:

Phil theStalker
07-07-2005, 09:36 AM
al-CIAda is da BCE..

Nickdfresh
07-07-2005, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian

I'm glad you can find humor in terrorist bombings.

Seshmeister
07-07-2005, 09:54 AM
Didn't you see that movie "Dirty War" about hypothetical suicide bombers blowing themselves up in London? It was a UK production. I thought it was pretty well done. It dealt with dirty bombs but the parallels are chilling.

Dirty bombs are a scare story. A myth spread through the media.

They don't kill people at all just make a mess causing inconvenience.

Phil theStalker
07-07-2005, 09:54 AM
40 dead and climbing,.

www.foxnews.com

da new werld order is here.. and there.. and everywhere..

Seshmeister
07-07-2005, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Phil theStalker
40 dead and climbing,.

www.foxnews.com

da new werld order is here.. and there.. and everywhere..

I wouldn't trust Fox to tell me the time.

Death figure is climbing though.

BigBadBrian
07-07-2005, 10:05 AM
I'm glad you can find humor in terrorist bombings.

Geez Nick, ease up on the espresso! This is where you liberals excel at double-speak. Warham mentioned BCE. I thought you would be able to see all the irony here considering all the "BCE" spew that has been muttered around here. :rolleyes:

BigBadBrian
07-07-2005, 10:08 AM
Dirty bombs are a scare story. A myth spread through the media.

They don't kill people at all just make a mess causing inconvenience.

Uh huh :rolleyes:

Just think what would happen if some spent Plutonium were attached to those bombs today. You guys would me in a world of hurt in a massive way. Inconvenience my ass. :rolleyes:

Phil theStalker
07-07-2005, 10:13 AM

Poppy Bush started global terrorism when he was director of the CIA back in the 70's. bin Laden's just a family friend, according to FORD. Tit's like da SeX PisToLS who used anarchy cuntil Johnny and Paul got da shit kicked outta them..

Bush and Blair use "terrorism" and their people are getting bombed..

sumboody call a cop..

Guitar Shark
07-07-2005, 10:52 AM
Regardless of your political outlook, it's pretty tasteless to be joking around in a thread like this.

RIP to all the victims.

Nickdfresh
07-07-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
Regardless of your political outlook, it's pretty tasteless to be joking around in a thread like this.

RIP to all the victims.

Indeed. I've heard: 45 dead (at a minimum), 1000's injured, and that some may still be trapped in the Underground/subway.

Phil theStalker
07-07-2005, 11:00 AM
Tit's like da SeX PisToLS who used anarchy cuntil Johnny and Paul got da shit kicked outta them..

Bush and Blair use "terrorism" and their people are getting bombed..

sumboody call a cop..

"i wanna be anarchy" SeX PisToLS = I wanna be "terrorism" Bush/Blair

same thing..

i feel like Archie Bunker..

Dis stuffs simple f4or mme..

butt then yoos is just mortal humans:)

FORD
07-07-2005, 11:01 AM
Prayers that the Lord watch over our British friends today:angel:

We can talk about the MK Ultra "suicide" bombers later :mad:

Jérôme Frenchise
07-07-2005, 11:07 AM
Sorry for insisting, but the fanatics who exploded themselves could "well" have lived in London until today, feeding their sick shitty brains with some mad islamist leaders in fine manors of the chic districts.
Once again: Blair claimed he and his government were at war against terrorism, but have they really done any significant cleaning up for the last four years?
:confused:

academic punk
07-07-2005, 11:10 AM
I think 5 attacks it's all a bit confused still.

No, it's just one attack. That's how terrorists of this caliber always work: multiple, coordinated attacks.

Think of 9/11: at least four flights were hijacked simultaneously: the two into the WTC, one into the Pentagon, and one down in Pennsylvania. That doesn't include any that they've kept quiet as well.

They knew exactly what they were doing: while the main security detail was up by the G8 summit, London's security might be that little bit more lax.

That this can still happen IS proof that global security is still a major issue.

academic punk
07-07-2005, 11:14 AM

How the hell is the shoe on the other foot???

Am I missing something????

I'm sure it's hilarious to everyone in Britain, B. I'm sure this is the funniest fucking thing that has ever happened to them.

bigc
07-07-2005, 11:28 AM
here is my take on today...being as I'm pretty damned close to it all.loads of my friends have family/friends in London...they are pretty distressed. My parents are Londoners..and I will be soon

Well I'm sure I need to tell nobody about what happened today.

what happened in London has stunned me,but really,it shouldnt have done at all.

I still remember, when September 11th happened, walking home from school with Joe,and saying to him, in a fear induced, cynical way, ah well,should anything happen over here, we'll be ok, its London you gotta worry about. And from that day on....I waited. I expected oneday to put on the news and see reports of a terrorist attack on London. Time passed,nothing happened,but subconsciously,in the back of my mind, it never really left. When Madrid occcured in March 2004, It made me think of it again. But the longer it went, I began to half think.....have we got away unscathed? So, today took me by surprise.

First of all,I went into denial,refusing to let anyone else's perceived fear get to me and remain my pragmatic approach. But,its sunk in more, and as the death toll rises,I've accepted it. I was initally shocked,because when I finish college,my plan had been to move to London. And it had me thinking....thats what I could be moving to,should I think again. But then I thought...why the fuck not!

Everyone reading this, is lucky, they have a gift. They're alive. At least 33 people died today,many more injured. We're all lucky. And I'm gonna appreicate just how lucky I am. This, today, has reinforced something i've been increasingly thinking in recent months. Dont put anything off till tomorrow, if somethings important, do it today. Because events like London show...there's no guarantee about tomorrow,for me,or you,it may never happen. But today, we have today...lets make the most of it.Anything you been putting off lately? something you been meaning to say? Screw it, just do it!

Its terrible, but once time passes, the light will come in again, and we'll remember yesterday....we were awarded the 2012 olympics....which will STILL be the showcase event to show what a great city London is and what a great country we are.

finally...I send out my best wishes to ANYONE who has family/friends located in London.I hope you are all fine. One final note...we shouldnt let this put fear in our minds. If you let fear affect you,change your routine, then in a way, they have won already.Thats why I'm still planning to make London my home. If something is to happen to me, I'd rather it did knowing that I did what I wanted to do, and I wasnt controlled by a fear of something I have no control over.

Take care everyone.make the most of what you got.
xxx

academic punk
07-07-2005, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by bigc
If something is to happen to me, I'd rather it did knowing that I did what I wanted to do, and I wasnt controlled by a fear of something I have no control over.

xxx

That's exactly how terrorism works - the people who died today are just pawns on the chessboard, it's the survivors who live the rest of their lives scared of tomorrow that the terrorists are really targeting - so good for you on your resolve.

London is a great city. You'll have a wonderful time living there.

Take care of yourself, bigc. Keep your head up, and don't be afraid to mourn.

academic punk
07-07-2005, 11:35 AM
AND ANYONE ANYWHERE IN THE UK SHOULD BE GOING DOWN TO GIVE BLOOD TODAY.

Seshmeister
07-07-2005, 12:00 PM
Uh huh :rolleyes:

Just think what would happen if some spent Plutonium were attached to those bombs today. You guys would me in a world of hurt in a massive way. Inconvenience my ass. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying it would be a good thing just that it wouldn't be anywhere near as devastating as the media fear mongering would have us think.

http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/nuclear/dirtybomb.html

http://cfserv.dickinson.edu/cnExtra/detail.cfm?170

http://www.guardian.co.uk/terrorism/story/0,12780,1327904,00.html

Seshmeister
07-07-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
AND ANYONE ANYWHERE IN THE UK SHOULD BE GOING DOWN TO GIVE BLOOD TODAY.

www.blood.co.uk

News release
National Blood Service
Date: Thursday 7th July 2005

Re: Bomb blasts in London

In light of events in London today, the National Blood Service would like to reassure the public that blood stocks are currently healthy and it will meet the demand for blood from hospitals if requested.

All blood donors who are due to give blood today should keep their appointments. Anyone wishing to give blood or who would like to know where their nearest blood collection session is should call 0845 7 711 711 or log on to www.blood.co.uk.

Unchainme
07-07-2005, 12:23 PM
God The "Men" who commited these attacks truly are cowards as were the ones who attacked the WTC, Its timeslike these I wonder why SOME people have sympathy for the terriost. I say kill all the bastards, I mean we shouldn't have sympathy for these people They have killed what something probably 5,000 people, its time we get serious and get after them.

Phil theStalker
07-07-2005, 12:33 PM
here is my take on today...being as I'm pretty damned close to it all.loads of my friends have family/friends in London...they are pretty distressed. My parents are Londoners..and I will be soon

Well I'm sure I need to tell nobody about what happened today.

what happened in London has stunned me,but really,it shouldnt have done at all.

I still remember, when September 11th happened, walking home from school with Joe,and saying to him, in a fear induced, cynical way, ah well,should anything happen over here, we'll be ok, its London you gotta worry about. And from that day on....I waited. I expected oneday to put on the news and see reports of a terrorist attack on London. Time passed,nothing happened,but subconsciously,in the back of my mind, it never really left. When Madrid occcured in March 2004, It made me think of it again. But the longer it went, I began to half think.....have we got away unscathed? So, today took me by surprise.

First of all,I went into denial,refusing to let anyone else's perceived fear get to me and remain my pragmatic approach. But,its sunk in more, and as the death toll rises,I've accepted it. I was initally shocked,because when I finish college,my plan had been to move to London. And it had me thinking....thats what I could be moving to,should I think again. But then I thought...why the fuck not!

Everyone reading this, is lucky, they have a gift. They're alive. At least 33 people died today,many more injured. We're all lucky. And I'm gonna appreicate just how lucky I am. This, today, has reinforced something i've been increasingly thinking in recent months. Dont put anything off till tomorrow, if somethings important, do it today. Because events like London show...there's no guarantee about tomorrow,for me,or you,it may never happen. But today, we have today...lets make the most of it.Anything you been putting off lately? something you been meaning to say? Screw it, just do it!

Its terrible, but once time passes, the light will come in again, and we'll remember yesterday....we were awarded the 2012 olympics....which will STILL be the showcase event to show what a great city London is and what a great country we are.

finally...I send out my best wishes to ANYONE who has family/friends located in London.I hope you are all fine. One final note...we shouldnt let this put fear in our minds. If you let fear affect you,change your routine, then in a way, they have won already.Thats why I'm still planning to make London my home. If something is to happen to me, I'd rather it did knowing that I did what I wanted to do, and I wasnt controlled by a fear of something I have no control over.

xxx
I've been saying..

Get water, get food, get ready.

Tit's later than you.. tit's t2oo late.

frets5150
07-07-2005, 12:37 PM
This shit will not stop until this CUNT...is removed from power.
Al-Quada has said numerous times that this will not end and that who ever is with america will face the same consequences
These people are not playin and will not stop until we are out.

FORD
07-07-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
God The "Men" who commited these attacks truly are cowards as were the ones who attacked the WTC, Its timeslike these I wonder why SOME people have sympathy for the terriost. I say kill all the bastards, I mean we shouldn't have sympathy for these people They have killed what something probably 5,000 people, its time we get serious and get after them.

Two questions for you then.

1) Who are the "terrorists"?? You use "they", "them", and "these people", but do you even know who you are talking about?

2) Have YOU signed up to fight them, like the Chimp asked you to in his speech?

kentuckyklira
07-07-2005, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
So, how many innocent civilians have the US forces in Iraq killed so far??

Unchainme
07-07-2005, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Two questions for you then.

1) Who are the "terrorists"?? You use "they", "them", and "these people", but do you even know who you are talking about? Al Queda

2) Have YOU signed up to fight them, like the Chimp asked you to in his speech? I can't but i would love to and do it at a moments notice.

Phil theStalker
07-07-2005, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by frets5150
Al-Quada has said numerous times that this will not end and that who ever is with america will face the same consequences
These people are not playin and will not stop until we are out. Are you sure C-U-N-T is da rite noun? huh

FORD
07-07-2005, 01:09 PM
Are you sure C-U-N-T is da rite noun? huh

Cunt, Chimp, Treasonous criminal unelected piece of shit warmonger.... he has so many names it's hard to remember them all.

BigBadBrian
07-07-2005, 01:12 PM
How the hell is the shoe on the other foot???

Am I missing something????

I'm sure it's hilarious to everyone in Britain, B. I'm sure this is the funniest fucking thing that has ever happened to them.

Duck, it went over your head as well. I wasn't referring to the bombings. :rolleyes:

BigBadBrian
07-07-2005, 01:18 PM

So then go back to hiding under your bed. Good night.

BigBadBrian
07-07-2005, 01:22 PM

Didn't you hear, FORD?

Guitar Shark said it was tasteless to joke in a thread like this.

THAT INCLUDES YOU!!!! ;)

frets5150
07-07-2005, 01:52 PM
So then go back to hiding under your bed. Good night.

Hiding under my bed LOL Im not hiding anywhere but if this shit continues we will all be hiding out in fallout shelters. See you there...:p

Dave's Bitch
07-07-2005, 01:55 PM
THE ASS HOLES BEHIND THIS NEED TO DIE

Nickdfresh
07-07-2005, 02:34 PM
Thirty-seven dead, and 700 wounded in LONDON so far.

CNN--2:34PM EST

Ally_Kat
07-07-2005, 02:40 PM
can someone here give blood to help over there?

That sounds like the stupidest question, but I got O- and if I can help...

BigBadBrian
07-07-2005, 02:43 PM
Thirty-seven dead, and 700 wounded in LONDON so far.

CNN--2:34PM EST

Reuters is reporting 50 dead. Foxnews says Reuters is an unreliable source, though. I shit you not, they said that. :D

Ally_Kat
07-07-2005, 02:45 PM
And you've gone on many a times about CLINTON conspriacies.:rolleyes: So let's not spam a thread with this crap, m'kay?

Oh, the ironicy.

There were conspiracies being posted in the original WTC attack thread. There have been countless threads where multiple people said they believed the hijacked planes weren't flown into the towers and that the people onboard were alive and paid off to disappear.

So it's okay to insult a trajedy and victimes when it can get a potshot at a president and administration, but not okay to poke fun at people who say that kind of thing?

Guitar Shark
07-07-2005, 02:49 PM
Get off Nick's ass. He never said the original conspiracy theory posts in the 9/11 thread were appropriate. They weren't appropriate there and they aren't here either.

Ally_Kat
07-07-2005, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
Get off Nick's ass. He never said the original conspiracy theory posts in the 9/11 thread were appropriate. They weren't appropriate there and they aren't here either.

I just don't like double standards. Where was he then telling them to cut that shit out?

Redballjets88
ok everyone here should shut up about conspriracies....the fact is that muslim extremists did this and they are major assholes for it....luckily london did get a plane and 2,000-3000 dead but still people died and its very sad....fuck the bce ideas fuck the clinton ideas fuck it all its the terrorist al-quida bitches...we should be feeling bad for the lost inbtead of argueing politics

Guitar Shark
Foxnews says Reuters is an unreliable source, though. I shit you not, they said that.

Wouldn't surprise me. Why does anyone watch Fox?

I hope the numbers don't keep rising.

Nickdfresh
07-07-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
Oh, the ironicy.

There were conspiracies being posted in the original WTC attack thread. There have been countless threads where multiple people said they believed the hijacked planes weren't flown into the towers and that the people onboard were alive and paid off to disappear.

So it's okay to insult a trajedy and victimes when it can get a potshot at a president and administration, but not okay to poke fun at people who say that kind of thing?

What SHARK said, thank you counsellor:), and I think that FORD should be able to post for himself without someone projecting his "conspiracy" posts for him, before he's even logged in.

Guitar Shark
07-07-2005, 02:53 PM
I just don't like double standards. Where was he then telling them to cut that shit out?

I could be wrong but I don't think Nick was even around back then.

Nickdfresh
07-07-2005, 02:57 PM

I wasn't here yet, and I have flamed people for their 9/11 conspiracy bullshit. But I usually let them post it themselves first off.

Secondly, I also sensed this thread becoming another AMERICA first thread about domestic politics. It's not about that today...mmm'kay?

bigc
07-07-2005, 03:02 PM
yeah

with all due respect what the hell does anything you lot are arguing about have to do with the fact MY capital city was attacked today?

mourn for us if you want to, dont bring your petty feuds out though.

ODShowtime
07-07-2005, 03:04 PM
All I know is it was foolish to attack Great Britain like that. There's gonna be some ROUNDUPS!

academic punk
07-07-2005, 03:22 PM
Duck, it went over your head as well. I wasn't referring to the bombings. :rolleyes:

I'm saying your attempts at humor are ill-timed, whatever the attempt is.

And since enough people DON'T seem to get your joke, maybe - just maybe - the misunderstanding is in how it was communicated in the first place.

It might come as a shock, but buddy none of us are perfect and sometimes even the best of us are wrong.

BigBadBrian
07-07-2005, 03:28 PM
yeah

with all due respect what the hell does anything you lot are arguing about have to do with the fact MY capital city was attacked today?

mourn for us if you want to, dont bring your petty feuds out though.

Dude, we feel for you, we honestly do, but....

...we also need any reason to bash each other also.

Hope all your friends and relatives are okay! :)

Warham
07-07-2005, 03:32 PM

Didn't seem to stop them from attacking us when Clinton was president.

BigBadBrian
07-07-2005, 03:32 PM

OK James, Miss Moneypenny said to report bact to M for another mission. :rolleyes:

Warham
07-07-2005, 03:33 PM
Oh, the ironicy.

It's ok for liberals to do that, Ally.

They can be on both sides of the fence when discussing one issue.

Warham
07-07-2005, 03:35 PM
What SHARK said, thank you counsellor:), and I think that FORD should be able to post for himself without someone projecting his "conspiracy" posts for him, before he's even logged in.

Nick, this is a message board, not a chat room. I think you have the two confused. And the next time I post and you reply, wait until I'm logged on, m'kay?

If FORD posted something on the internet, it's open season, no matter when he's logged on.

BigBadBrian
07-07-2005, 03:36 PM

You're right. The idiocy has yet to begin. Bring your puke bags people.

BCE BCE BCE BCE BCE BCE BCE BCE BCE BCE BCE BCE BCE BCE

BigBadBrian
07-07-2005, 03:40 PM
Statement claiming London attacks
The BBC has located an Islamist website that has published a 200-word statement issued by an organisation saying it carried out the London bombings.
The organisation calls itself the Secret Organisation Group of al-Qaeda [literally the base] of Jihad Organisation in Europe.

The group is previously unknown.

The website has previously carried statements purporting to be from al-Qaeda. It is not possible to verify such claims published on the web.

This is the full text of the statement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the name of God, the merciful, the compassionate, may peace be upon the cheerful one and undaunted fighter, Prophet Muhammad, God's peace be upon him.

Nation of Islam and Arab nation: Rejoice for it is time to take revenge against the British Zionist Crusader government in retaliation for the massacres Britain is committing in Iraq and Afghanistan. The heroic mujahideen have carried out a blessed raid in London. Britain is now burning with fear, terror and panic in its northern, southern, eastern, and western quarters.

We have repeatedly warned the British Government and people. We have fulfilled our promise and carried out our blessed military raid in Britain after our mujahideen exerted strenuous efforts over a long period of time to ensure the success of the raid.

We continue to warn the governments of Denmark and Italy and all the Crusader governments that they will be punished in the same way if they do not withdraw their troops from Iraq and Afghanistan. He who warns is excused.

God says: "You who believe: If ye will aid (the cause of) Allah, He will aid you, and plant your feet firmly."

Link (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4660391.stm)

Warham
07-07-2005, 03:43 PM
Just another reason to stay firm in Iraq.

BigBadBrian
07-07-2005, 03:44 PM
Just another reason to stay firm in Iraq.

I believe the UK should strengthen its resolve and send more troops to Iraq.

Warham
07-07-2005, 03:46 PM
One of the British chaps said in a press conference today that it didn't matter how many Brits were killed, they were not going to back down.

BigBadBrian
07-07-2005, 03:47 PM
As a matter of fact, I think we should kick off another major offensive against those no-good lousy cocksuckers.

Whaddya say?

Gotta clean out the barn before you can go home for supper....that's what Ross Perot said.

Wasn't that him? :confused:

weesfreewheelin
07-07-2005, 03:49 PM
Money says Bush's numbers go up this month

Warham
07-07-2005, 03:51 PM
I don't think I'm going too far out on a limb by saying that Britain will react differently to their attack than Spain did to theirs.

BigBadBrian
07-07-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by weesfreewheelin
Money says Bush's numbers go up this month

Yeah, no kidding.

;)

BigBadBrian
07-07-2005, 03:53 PM
I don't think I'm going too far out on a limb by saying that Britain will react differently to their attack than Spain did to theirs.

Maybe because Tony has a little spine...even for a liberal? ;)

Nickdfresh
07-07-2005, 03:57 PM
Nick, this is a message board, not a chat room. I think you have the two confused. And the next time I post and you reply, wait until I'm logged on, m'kay?

I have no idea what you mean. I just called out one of your shitty, massively off topic posts that had nothing to do with the situation.

If FORD posted something on the internet, it's open season, no matter when he's logged on.

So you have to jump on it throw this thread off track right?:rolleyes:

Nickdfresh
07-07-2005, 03:58 PM
As a matter of fact, I think we should kick off another major offensive against those no-good lousy cocksuckers.

Whaddya say?

Gotta clean out the barn before you can go home for supper....that's what Ross Perot said.

Wasn't that him? :confused:

Where? What cocsuckers?

Warham
07-07-2005, 04:03 PM
I have no idea what you mean. I just called out one of your shitty, massively off topic posts that had nothing to do with the situation.

No idea what I mean? You basically said to wait until FORD's logged on before I used his previous posts on this forum. Massively off-topic? Saying who I thought was behind the attack? Off-topic?

so you have to jump on it throw this thread off track right?:rolleyes:

I don't really think I threw it off track, Nick. I was pointing out who I thought was behind the attacks, and I don't think it's much of a stretch. I was simply using FORD's view to make my point.

Not really any humor in the original post.

FORD
07-07-2005, 04:05 PM
Where? What cocsuckers?

All it takes is the existence of an "arab website" (probably registered in TEXAS like the last "arab website" was) and this automatically becomes an "Al Qaeda" hit. Next, they will try to tie it to Iran, since they are already past their scheduled due date on that invasion.

FORD
07-07-2005, 04:05 PM
Statement on the London bombings by George Galloway on behalf of Respect
07/07/2005

We extend our condolences to the families and loved ones of those who have lost their lives today and our heartfelt sympathy to all those who have been injured by the bombs in London.

No one can condone acts of violence aimed at working people going about their daily lives. They have not been a party to, nor are they responsible for, the decisions of their government. They are entirely innocent and we condemn those who have killed or injured them.

The loss of innocent lives, whether in this country or Iraq, is precisely the result of a world that has become a less safe and peaceful place in recent years.

We have worked without rest to remove the causes of such violence from our world. We argued, as did the security services in this country, that the attacks on Afghanistan and Iraq would increase the threat of terrorist attack in Britain. Tragically Londoners have now paid the price of the government ignoring such warnings.

We urge the government to remove people in this country from harms way, as the Spanish government acted to remove its people from harm, by ending the occupation of Iraq and by turning its full attention to the development of a real solution to the wider conflicts in the Middle East.

Only then will the innocents here and abroad be able to enjoy a life free of the threat of needless violence.

* George Galloway, Respect MP for Bethnal Green and Bow

Guitar Shark
07-07-2005, 04:16 PM
All it takes is the existence of an "arab website" (probably registered in TEXAS like the last "arab website" was) and this automatically becomes an "Al Qaeda" hit.

Well, I bet nobody saw this post coming. :rolleyes:

Warham
07-07-2005, 04:19 PM
Galloway is the leader of the anti-war movement in Britain.

DLR'sCock
07-07-2005, 04:30 PM
Wellllllllllllllllllll, so far the only claim of responsibility is from the AL QAEDA IN EUROPE WEBSITE.....

Just so ya know.....PS, I didn't read the whole thread...no time...

Nickdfresh
07-07-2005, 04:31 PM
All it takes is the existence of an "arab website" (probably registered in TEXAS like the last "arab website" was) and this automatically becomes an "Al Qaeda" hit. Next, they will try to tie it to Iran, since they are already past their scheduled due date on that invasion.

That's not what I meant. Al-Qaida certainly bombed LONDON this moring, but now all of the right-wing dipshits will rush to use this as a rational for continued and destructive occupation of IRAQ, effectively handing Al-Qaida everything they want.

A world based on fear, irrational hatred, religious intolerance and superstition. Much like CHENEY's and the RUMSFELD's view the world...

Warham
07-07-2005, 04:33 PM
Al-Qaida wants us to leave Iraq.

Would they be bombing London to make the Britains stay in Iraq?

I'm sure you peaceniks want to throw rose petals at the terrorists, and try to appease them through diplomatic means, all while playing Imagine by John Lennon in the background.

Nickdfresh
07-07-2005, 04:42 PM

I'm sure you peaceniks want to throw rose petals at the terrorists, and try to appease them through diplomatic means, all while playing Imagine by John Lennon in the background.

Al-Qaida also wanted us to enter IRAQ, you forgot to mention that.

Did you know that the BRITISH ARMY and MI-6 transferred a majority of their military intelligence, special ops, and covert capability to IRAQ a few months ago? I'd be pissed if I were a UKer today alright. Maybe their people should be defending LONDON and not occupying southern IRAQ. Maybe we shouldn't invade countries to satisfy a prefabricated agenda and use tragic terrorist attacks such as 9/11 as a rationale for doing so.

Al-Qaida only entered Iraq in 2004, maybe 2003 at the earliest. Hell, Al-ZARQAWI and Bin LADEN didn't even like each other previously as best we can tell...

Warham
07-07-2005, 04:47 PM
Doesn't make sense. They want us to enter and leave the country at the same time?

And there were members of al-Qaeda in Iraq farther back than 2003.

Nickdfresh
07-07-2005, 04:54 PM
Doesn't make sense. They want us to enter and leave the country at the same time?

They didn't.

Warham
07-07-2005, 04:58 PM
Besides, the United States occupation of Iraq doesn't explain away these attacks and why they happened.

February 26, 1993: Six people killed and 1,000 injured after truck bomb explodes in the basement of the World Trade Center towers in New York.

November 13, 1995: Five US soldiers and two Indian nationals are killed and more than 60 people wounded when a car bomb explodes in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

June 25, 1996: Nineteen killed and 386 wounded when a truck bomb explodes at the US military base of Khobar near the town of Dhahran in Saudi Arabia.

Febuary 23, 1998: Bin Laden issues fatwa stating: “The ruling to kill the Americans and their allies–civilians and military–is an individual duty for every Muslim who can do it in any country in which it is possible to do it”

August 7, 1998: 224 people killed and over 5000 injured, mostly Africans,when bomb attacks are made on US embassies in Nairobi and Dar-es-Salaam in east Africa.

October 12, 2000: 17 US sailors killed and 38 injured when a suicide attack on USS Cole in Aden is carried out.

kentuckyklira
07-07-2005, 05:18 PM
These people are not playin and will not stop until we are out. Exactly!!

Our (the west´s) politicians constantly (like NOW) pretend these terrorists just fell from the sky without warning. And the reactions concerning what´s to be done are just the same ones we always hear.

My respect for the Spanish people who at least saw the light in the face of disaster!

As long as an obviously to a considerable part moronic population (such as that of the USA) still believes Iraq was a "root of terrorism" (quote G.W. Bush) nothing´s gonna change!

kentuckyklira
07-07-2005, 05:24 PM
Just another reason to stay firm in Iraq. Why, because Iraq had no part in terrorism against the USA and Europe before the "Coalition of the bribed and bullied" turned it into a hotbed of terrorism??

:confused:

FORD
07-07-2005, 05:24 PM
http://mediamatters.org/static/video/brian-kilmeade.jpg
The following exchange between Fox News host Brian Kilmeade and Fox News business contributor and substitute host Stuart Varney occurred during breaking news coverage of the attacks on London subways and buses on the July 7 edition of Fox News' Fox & Friends:

KILMEADE: And he made the statement, clearly shaken, but clearly determined. This is his second address in the last hour. First to the people of London, and now at the G8 summit, where their topic Number 1 --believe it or not-- was global warming, the second was African aid. And that was the first time since 9-11 when they should know, [b]and they do know now, that terrorism should be Number 1. But it's important for them all to be together. I think that works to our advantage, in the Western world's advantage, for people to experience something like this together, just 500 miles from where the attacks have happened.

VARNEY: It puts the Number 1 issue right back on the front burner right at the point where all these world leaders are meeting. It takes global warming off the front burner. It takes African aid off the front burner. It sticks terrorism and the fight on the war on terror, right up front all over again.

KILMEADE: Yeah.

I always knew that Brian Kilmeade was a complete fucking piece of shit, but this make him sound like he's a little more than a FAUX empty head, but possibly an agent CIA? Mossad?

WHOSE advantage, does this work to, you TREASONOUS FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT?? :mad:
:gun:treasonous video here (http://mediamatters.org/static/video/foxandfriends-200507070004.wmv)

Warham
07-07-2005, 05:27 PM

Terrorism is more important than global warming. Especially to those 37 people who died today.

kentuckyklira
07-07-2005, 05:29 PM

I'm sure you peaceniks want to throw rose petals at the terrorists, and try to appease them through diplomatic means, all while playing Imagine by John Lennon in the background. Al-Qaida are happy any way round. Your glorious administration has turned this into a win/win situation for them. More members of the "Coalition of the bribed and bullied" leave Iraq, Al-Qaida calls it a success. Innocent civilians keep getting slaughtered in Iraq, Al-Qaida shows how clueless the "liberators" of the Iraqi people actually are!

Redballjets88
07-07-2005, 05:39 PM
what did he say so bad ford? that terroism is the #1 problem....well it probably is...Africa doesnt affect us.....they are talking about it to help other people...and global warming wont effeect us for thosands of years....so how exactly is focusing on stopping terror bad? so you want more terrorists...oh yeah you probably do since ur a commie bastard

FORD
07-07-2005, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
what did he say so bad ford? that terroism is the #1 problem....well it probably is...Africa doesnt affect us.....they are talking about it to help other people...and global warming wont effeect us for thosands of years....so how exactly is focusing on stopping terror bad? so you want more terrorists...oh yeah you probably do since ur a commie bastard

And your a wet little kid with out a fucking clue about life.

Go sign up at your recruiter, asshole. They'll take delayed entry.

BTW, global warming is affecting us NOW, you fucking idiot.

FORD
07-07-2005, 05:44 PM
Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean issued the following statement condemning the terrorist attacks in London:

"I join all Americans today in offering my condolences to the victims of today's vicious terrorist attacks in London. Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims, their friends and their families. We remain steadfast in our commitment to defeating those who threaten our freedom and values. At a time when world leaders were working together to help make our world a better place, these terrorists were plotting to disrupt that effort by killing and injuring innocent people. We will continue to stand with our allies around the world to defeat terrorism and protect our liberty and freedom."

Nickdfresh
07-07-2005, 05:46 PM
Besides, the United States occupation of Iraq doesn't explain away these attacks and why they happened.

The US MARINE BARRACKS BOMBING in Beirut: 1983 (300+ Marines and 50+ French Soldiers dead.)

PAM AM 103 Bombing: 1988 (259 people on board)

You forgot two, the ones we never retaliated for and set the precedent of the US as a pussy country that never attacks the state sponsors of terrorists, (Iran and Libya) unless they are weakened and easy marks. Oh yeah, I forgot, you can't blame CLINTON for those two, nice edit WARHAM. Again I have to call you on your bullshit (Thou shalt not lie);)

Redballjets88
07-07-2005, 05:47 PM
BTW, global warming is affecting us NOW, you fucking idiot.

explain to me how it effects me? please do because i see no difference....they average temprature on earth has gone up 1 degree in the past ten years and that is from ground sources ...sources from sattalites show an actual drop....or is the day after tomorrow happening where you are right now?

academic punk
07-07-2005, 05:48 PM
I can't believe you're letting this of all threads - on the day it happened - turn into a pitting match at one another.

Come on, take it into the "RIKK: the Wicker man" or something. Not here.

Nickdfresh
07-07-2005, 05:52 PM
explain to me how it effects me? please do because i see no difference....they average temprature on earth has gone up 1 degree in the past ten years and that is from ground sources ...sources from sattalites show an actual drop....or is the day after tomorrow happening where you are right now?

Oh, are you a scientist now? Don't they teach you things in science class like about "Adam and Eve" and how the world was created 6000 years ago, deep in the heart of Texas?

Warham
07-07-2005, 05:54 PM
You forgot two, the ones we never retaliated for and set the precedent of the US as a pussy country that never attacks the state sponsors of terrorists, (Iran and Libya) unless they are weakened and easy marks. Oh yeah, I forgot, you can't blame CLINTON for those two, nice edit WARHAM. Again I have to call you on your bullshit (Thou shalt not lie);)

Didn't edit, Nick. Those were the ones that were posted on the blog I got them from. If there were more, I would have put them there.

I blame Clinton for stuff on his watch, not before.

You can't call me on shit. And I can bring up the blog to prove that I lifted it as written by the author. Gotcha!

http://www.blacktriangle.org/blog/index.php?p=407

Guitar Shark
07-07-2005, 05:54 PM
I can't believe you're letting this of all threads - on the day it happened - turn into a pitting match at one another.

Agreed. I'm sure our Army brethren in London don't appreciate the petty bullshit in this thread.

Nickdfresh
07-07-2005, 05:55 PM

I agree, that's exactly what I said this morning, until certain posters turned this into a bullshit rallying cry for IRAQ and DUBYA, and "this is what FORD will say later..."

Good call AP, I wish everyone had your class...I wish I did.

kentuckyklira
explain to me how it effects me? please do because i see no difference....they average temprature on earth has gone up 1 degree in the past ten years and that is from ground sources ...sources from sattalites show an actual drop....or is the day after tomorrow happening where you are right now? You´re too stupid to be real!

What you´ve stated is actually part of what the Greenhouse Effect is about!

Numbnut!

Warham
Global warming is the treehuggers' way of getting their lobbyists in Washington. The next ice age will happen long before anybody is wiped out by this so-called warming trend.

A load of bollocks. Terrorism is more important, but apparently not to countries like Spain.

Redballjets88
07-07-2005, 05:57 PM
Oh, are you a scientist now? Don't they teach you things in science class like about "Adam and Eve" and how the world was created 6000 years ago, deep in the heart of Texas?

ok first off dont talk shit about texas bitch this stae has been through and done more than you and yours could ever dream of...and 2nd off its an actual fact, so dont try to argue it....unless ur a tree hugger global warming should bother you

Warham
07-07-2005, 05:57 PM
I agree, that's exactly what I said this morning, until certain posters turned this into a bullshit rallying cry for IRAQ and DUBYA, and "this is what FORD will say later..."

Good call AP, I wish everyone had your class...I wish I did.

I didn't do that, but I'm sure others might have.

I just pointed out that Al Qaeda was responsible, and they've already went out and said they were. So I was right.

Nickdfresh
07-07-2005, 05:58 PM
Global warming is the treehuggers' way of getting their lobbyists in Washington. The next ice age will happen long before anybody is wiped out by this so-called warming trend.

A load of bollocks. Terrorism is more important, but apparently not to countries like Spain.

And still he keeps going, like the right-wing Energizer Bunny of bullshit.

Why don't you just spit on their graves?:rolleyes:

Redballjets88
07-07-2005, 05:59 PM
What you´ve stated is actually part of what the Greenhouse Effect is about

how, unless they have retrded scientists...i said one source says rise of one degree and onther a drop of one. so the green house effect is steady rise and fall of temp? you sir are an idiot

Warham
07-07-2005, 05:59 PM
I'm not spitting on anybody's graves, Nick. You guys are discussing global warming, and I'm talking about getting to the real issue, terrorism. It's happening NOW, not ten thousand years from now, when there might not be anybody left to take the hundred degree temperatures.

Good fucking grief.

You liberals like to assume alot of things, apparently. Brian was right about that in that other thread a couple days ago, especially where you're concerned.

Nickdfresh
07-07-2005, 06:00 PM
Britain launches search for bombers
Blasts kill at least 37, wound 700

Thursday, July 7, 2005; Posted: 5:08 p.m. EDT (21:08 GMT)

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/WORLD/europe/07/07/london.tube/story.tunnel2.ap.jpg
Train passengers are evacuated through a tunnel near King's Cross.

LONDON, England (CNN (http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/07/07/london.tube/index.html)) -- Britain has launched an intense search for those responsible for a series of four coordinated bombings Thursday in London's transport system that killed at least 37 people.

Scotland Yard said the blasts wounded 700 people.

"There will, of course, be the most intense police and security service action to make sure that we bring those responsible to justice," British Prime Minister Tony Blair said after meeting with the government's Emergency Committee. (Full story)

Police do not know whether suicide bombers carried out the attacks or whether bombs had been left in packages on the Underground or in buses, according to Brian Paddick, Metropolitan Police deputy assistant commissioner.

"There is no indication that these were anything other than conventional explosives," he said, adding that there was no information yet on the size or type of devices used.

Paddick said it wasn't clear whether the bombs were on the trains or in the tunnels.

"It would seem likely that the devices were on the trains, but that will be confirmed by" investigators, he said.

The Group of al Qaeda of Jihad Organization in Europe claimed responsibility in a Web site posting. The authenticity of the claim could not immediately be verified. (Full story)

Blair stressed that the bombers did not reflect the views of most Muslims.

"We know that these people act in the name of Islam, but we also know that the vast and overwhelming majority of Muslims here and abroad are decent, law abiding people who abhor the act of terrorism every bit as much as we do," he said.

London Mayor Ken Livingstone said the blasts were "mass murder" carried out by terrorists bent on "indiscriminate ... slaughter." (Full story)
'Trapped like sardines'

Three blasts took place in the city's subway system and one more hit a double-decker bus, all at the height of rush hour. (Timeline)

Paddick said there were 700 to 900 people on each of the affected trains at the time.

Witnesses described the horror of seeing victims dying and with serious injuries. There were scenes of panic as power failed on crowded underground trains, and tunnels filled with smoke.

"We were all trapped like sardines waiting to die," said Angelo Power. "I honestly thought I was going to die, as did everyone else."

Despite calls from officials to stay home, Londoners were on the streets, except in areas where they were barred by police.

Police cordoned off areas around six stations in and around the city's center and financial area and brought in sniffer dogs to check the areas.

Telephone traffic -- particularly by cell phone -- was nearly impossible. London's largest cellular provider, Vodafone, said it had devoted much of its network to emergency services, causing the problems with subscribers.

One man, with blood streaming down the left side of his face from a wound on his temple, said he didn't "want to live through it again."

"I was in the front carriage and people were severely injured there," he said, dispassionately, adding that his train had been in the tunnel between King's Cross and Russell Square. "I heard, but I don't know, that people were hurt worse further back. "Some people were very calm, others very panicky."

"There was a very loud bang, the lights went out, the carriage filled with smoke," he said. "We were all thrown forward."

CNN cameraman Oran O'Reilly said he has seen seven of the city's famed double-decker buses as well as police cars and ambulances arriving with casualties.

Jarvis Medhurst told CNN: "I was working at the Tavistock Hotel and a bus exploded literally 40 meters away from me. There was a massive explosion and a cloud of smoke, and then when the smoke stated to die down, you could see the wrecked bus, which was on fire.

"There were bodies everywhere. Heads and bits of bodies, heads and arms and legs all ripped away.

"There seemed to be kids lying around as well as adults. I'm just in shock, it's something I'll never forget."

O'Reilly, who was at Aldgate station, saw passengers coming out of it with signs of smoke inhalation -- black smudges around their mouths and noses.

Scotland Yard sent out a notice saying that "public transport in London will be affected in the next few days."
Leaders react

Blair was in Gleneagles, Scotland, hosting the G8 leaders when he got word of the attack. (Full story)

"It's particularly barbaric that this has happened on a day when people are meeting to try to help the problems of poverty in Africa and the long-term problems with the environment," he said.

Just before leaving for London, Blair made a second statement, surrounded by the other leaders present at the conference. (Transcript)

"All of our countries have suffered from the impact of terrorism," he said. "Those responsible have no respect for human life. We are united in our resolve to confront and defeat this terrorism that is not an attack on one nation, but all nations and on civilized people everywhere."

U.S. President Bush was among the somber leaders who stood behind Blair as he spoke. (Transcript)

"We will not yield to these people, will not yield to the terrorists," he said in a short statement after Blair departed. "We will find them, we will bring them to justice, and at the same time we will spread an ideology of hope and compassion that will overwhelm their ideology of hate."

Va Beach VH Fan
07-07-2005, 06:54 PM
This brought back some memories for me....

Back in '96, when I was on Temporary Duty in London for 3 weeks, I was one block from a double-decker bus that exploded....

Here's a link that I found about that night...

http://www.emergency.com/ira-96-3.htm

And for those oldtimers who remember, I was only a couple of blocks away from the Pentagon when the plane hit it on 9-11....

DLR'sCock
07-07-2005, 07:47 PM
That's not what I meant. Al-Qaida certainly bombed LONDON this moring, but now all of the right-wing dipshits will rush to use this as a rational for continued and destructive occupation of IRAQ, effectively handing Al-Qaida everything they want.

A world based on fear, irrational hatred, religious intolerance and superstition. Much like CHENEY's and the RUMSFELD's view the world...

Nick, you sir should know that critical and analytical thinking does not apply to many here and elsewhere...

BigBadBrian
07-07-2005, 07:54 PM

This is the FRONTLINE.

You obviously need a stronger stomach to do battle here.

;)

BigBadBrian
07-07-2005, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by DLR'sCock
Nick, you sir should know that critical and analytical thinking does not apply to many here and elsewhere...

You, sir, fit that description perfectly. Now shit in your hat and wear it. Good Day! :)

BigBadBrian
07-07-2005, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

And for those oldtimers who remember, I was only a couple of blocks away from the Pentagon when the plane hit it on 9-11....

Holy shit!

Where in the sam hell have YOU been!

If you only knew, VH, of all the "no, it was a missile that hit the Pentagon" discussions we had in here, it would make your head spin.

Put the issue to rest for us, would you?

Warham
07-07-2005, 08:48 PM
Yes, please do, good sir.

Va Beach VH Fan
07-07-2005, 09:14 PM
Holy shit!

Where in the sam hell have YOU been!

If you only knew, VH, of all the "no, it was a missile that hit the Pentagon" discussions we had in here, it would make your head spin.

Put the issue to rest for us, would you?

Trust me, I've read them.... ;)

Of course, I didn't see the damn thing "on approach", so all I could see was the building crumbling down....

Eight of my Shipmates (the OPNAV TCC is one of the subordinate commands of my old command in Norfolk) died in there....

BigBadBrian
07-07-2005, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
Trust me, I've read them.... ;)

Of course, I didn't see the damn thing "on approach", so all I could see was the building crumbling down....

Eight of my Shipmates (the OPNAV TCC is one of the subordinate commands of my old command in Norfolk) died in there....

Sorry for your loss. :(

Seshmeister
07-07-2005, 10:09 PM

Terrorism is more important than global warming. Especially to those 37 people who died today.

50 000 died in Africa today from poverty.

Dr. Love
07-07-2005, 10:34 PM
No amount of terror attacks will ever keep you guys from bitching at eachother over stupid shit.

academic punk
07-07-2005, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
No amount of terror attacks will ever keep you guys from bitching at eachother over stupid shit.

Amazing, isn't it?

Phil theStalker
07-07-2005, 10:38 PM
Amazing, isn't it? i don't need da spa t2oday..

Warham
07-08-2005, 07:29 AM
50 000 died in Africa today from poverty.

All I said was terrorism was more important than global warming. Poverty wasn't in my statement anywhere.

FORD
07-08-2005, 10:23 AM
All I said was terrorism was more important than global warming. Poverty wasn't in my statement anywhere.

But global warming changes weather systems, which lead to droughts, which cause famine and poverty.

ODShowtime
07-08-2005, 12:10 PM
But global warming changes weather systems, which lead to droughts, which cause famine and poverty.

That's way too far down the logic chain for most neocons FORD.

Nickdfresh
07-08-2005, 02:35 PM
Hunt for missing as London toll rises
Police taking claim seriously, say more attacks possible
http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/WORLD/europe/07/08/london.attacks/top.bobbies.westminster.ap.jpg
Friday, July 8, 2005; Posted: 2:05 p.m. EDT (18:05 GMT)

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/WORLD/europe/07/08/london.attacks/story.missing.poster2.ap.jpg
Julie Larcombe holds flier of friend Martine Wright, who she thinks was caught in one of the blasts.

LONDON, England (CNN (http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/07/08/london.attacks/index.html)) -- Friends and relatives were in a desperate hunt for missing loved ones as police raised the confirmed death toll from London's terrorist bombings to 49 and said more bodies had yet to be recovered.

As a massive manhunt got under way, police said Friday the bombings had "all the hallmarks of al Qaeda" and warned that additional attacks were possible.

Thirteen people were killed when a bomb exploded on a double-decker bus in central London, Metropolitan Police Commissioner Ian Blair said.

But one train in a deep London Underground line "still contains a number of bodies that have not been retrieved," Blair told reporters.

Blair said more than 50 people were killed and 700 injured in four attacks Thursday on London's transport system -- the bloodiest assault on the British capital since World War II.

He said the final death toll would rise, but not above 100.

While all the bodies from the bus explosion have been recovered, police were having "great difficulty" determining the exact number of deaths because of damage near one of three blasts that hit the London Underground.

Police haven't gotten near one of the bombed train carriages because of fears about the stability of the tunnel, "vermin and other dangerous substances," Deputy Police Commissioner Andy Hayman said.

Police have confirmed that 21 people died in that blast between the King's Cross and Russell Square stations on the Piccadilly Line, and that no victims were still alive in the Underground system.

Seven people died at each of the other two Underground bombings, which occurred near the Edgware Road and Liverpool Street stations, and one person died in hospital.

Meanwhile, relatives and friends of people missing since the attacks feared the worst after hearing nothing from their loved ones for more than 24 hours.

Missing persons posters were going up around London and being handed out in a frantic hunt for information, the UK's Press Association reported.

Among the missing was Jamie Gordon, a 30-year-old worker in London's financial district, his girlfriend Yvonne Nash told PA.

Nash said she feared Gordon was on the No. 30 bus that was destroyed, and his colleagues have been searching the streets of London and putting up posters of him.

"We just don't know where he is and we are just desperate to find out. We are just trying to keep going. Is he dead? Is he alive? Not knowing is dreadful," she told PA.

Also missing is Laura Webb, 29, who would have been taking a train from King's Cross to Paddington, her boyfriend Chris Driver said.

"I just hope she may have knocked her head or something like that, and that she is somewhere being looked after," Driver told PA.

"We are very upset about her disappearance, and all the options go through your mind," Webb's brother David said.
'Implacable resolve'

Police commissioner Blair pledged that authorities would "bend every sinew" to find and prosecute those responsible for the attacks.

"It is the implacable resolve of the Met Police Service to track down those who are responsible for these terrible deaths," said Blair.

Blair said more than one person carried out the attacks and there was "absolutely nothing to suggest" they were suicide bombings, but that nothing could be ruled out. (Police update)

Deputy commissioner Hayman said the train bombs were likely placed on the floors of carriages. Police are not sure if the bus bomb was placed on the floor or a seat.

"Initially, the forensic investigation suggests that each device used had less than 10 pounds (4.5 kg) of high explosives," Hayman said.

Half of the 700 wounded were treated on the scene and the rest were taken to hospitals, Blair said, adding that 100 people remained in hospitals overnight and 22 had serious injuries.

Earlier Friday, Britain's top law enforcement official said police were searching for the bombers before they had a chance to strike again. (Urgent search; CCTV clues)

"We have to have ... maximum consideration of the risk of another attack, and that's why our total effort today is focused on identifying the perpetrators and bringing them to justice," Home Secretary Charles Clarke told BBC radio.

"The fact is, we're looking for a very small number of very evil needles in a very large haystack, which is the city of London," Clarke said.

He said the government was taking seriously a claim of responsibility on the Internet from a group calling itself "The Group of al Qaeda of Jihad Organization in Europe." The authenticity of the claim could not be verified. (Group's claim; Analysis)

Clarke also said police were looking "very closely" at the possibility that one or more suicide bombers were involved.

A passenger who survived the bus blast said he saw an "extremely agitated" man rummaging in a bag just seconds before the explosion, PA reported.

The bus blast occurred about 30 minutes after the last train explosion.

Investigators found fragments of timing devices that may have been used in the three train blasts, but no such fragments have been found in the bus explosion, U.S. law enforcement sources told CNN.

"The cause of the bus explosion right now is problematic. We don't know yet what we're dealing with as the cause there," one law enforcement official told CNN.

However, Blair said investigators have found no evidence of timing devices "because we haven't reached that point in the investigation."

Blair said there were no warnings ahead of the blasts, and he defended a decision to relax Britain's alert level in recent months.

"There is nothing to suggest that intelligence has been missed in any way," he said.
Lighter than normal traffic

Most bus and some Underground services had been restored by Friday morning, but police were urging people not to come into the British capital unless necessary.

Traffic appeared much lighter than normal, with many Tube stations, buses and road nearly empty.

Some people were walking, cycling or taking taxis, but those who did venture into trains and buses said they had little choice.

"I was scared, but what can you do?" Raj Varatharaj, 32, told AP as he emerged from an Underground station. "This is the fastest way for me to get to work. You just have to carry on."

Terry McAndrew, who was at Holborn station in central London near one of the bombed trains, said he was anticipating a normal workday.

"You can't give in to terrorists," he told AP. "We don't need to be put down by it."

Bus route No. 30 was full of commuters Friday morning, despite the previous day's blast that tore through a bus on the same route. Large screens were erected to shield the wreckage of the bus from onlookers. (Full story)

Meanwhile, British newspapers marked London's bloodiest peacetime attack with somber front pages that struck a defiant tone. (Press review)

In Britain and across the world, Arabs and Muslims expressed outrage at the terrorist attacks, with the dominant viewpoint summed up by one person who wrote on a Web site, "Enough ... enough." (Arab, Muslim reaction)

And stocks opened higher in Europe Friday, regaining some of the ground they lost on Thursday. (Europe stocks)

Queen Elizabeth II visited some of the wounded at Royal London Hospital, where she said the terrorists "will not change our way of life."

Prince Charles and his wife, the Duchess of Cornwall, went to St. Mary's Hospital to visit victims of the bombings.

"What I can never get over is the resilience of the British people who have set us all a fantastic example of how to react to these kinds of tragedies." he said. (Royal response)
'Waiting to die'

The four blasts went off within an hour at the height of morning rush hour. (Timeline)

The first explosion rocked the Underground's Circle Line near the Liverpool Street Station about 8:51 a.m., killing at least seven people, Scotland Yard said.

A second blast followed four minutes later on the Piccadilly Line, between King's Cross and Russell Square, killing at least 21.

"We were all trapped like sardines waiting to die," said Angelo Power, survived the second blast. "I honestly thought I was going to die, as did everyone else." (Eyewitness accounts)

The third blast, 9:17 a.m., blew a hole in the wall of a train car at the Edgware Road station, on the Circle Line. That explosion killed at least seven.

Thirteen people died in the final blast at 9:47, when a fourth explosion blew the top off the No. 30 bus at Tavistock Place.

Ambulance services spokesman Russell Smith said emergency workers treated patients with serious or critical injuries, including "burns, amputations, chest and blast injuries and fractured limbs."
Leaders react

British Prime Minister Tony Blair blamed Islamic extremists for the morning rush-hour attacks and vowed to bring those responsible to justice.

"We will not be intimidated," the prime minister said after returning briefly to London from Scotland, where he was hosting the G8 summit. (Blair text)

Blair closed the summit Friday, saying, "We speak today in the shadow of terrorism, but it will not obscure what we came here to achieve. (G8 summit; Special report)

Earlier, Blair read a joint statement issued by the G8 leaders in the wake of the attacks. (World reaction; G8 statement)

"We will not yield to these people, will not yield to the terrorists," U.S. President George W. Bush said from the G8. "We will find them; we will bring them to justice." (Bush text)

The blasts spurred U.S. authorities to boost security in major American cities, particularly those with passenger rail systems. (U.S. response)

In Spain, Queen Sofia and thousands of other Spaniards stood silently at noon Friday to express solidarity with the London victims in a rare demonstration over a terrorist attack that did not occur on Spanish soil, officials said. (Spanish solidarity)

London Mayor Ken Livingstone said the blasts were "mass murder" carried out by terrorists bent on "indiscriminate ... slaughter." He spoke from Singapore, where an announcement that London will host the 2012 Olympic Games inspired celebrations back home a day earlier. (Full story)

Copyright 2005 CNN. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Associated Press contributed to this report.

Nickdfresh
07-08-2005, 02:43 PM
Arab view: 'Enough, enough'
Some Muslims fear backlash after UK bombs

By Octavia Nasr
CNN Senior Editor for Arab Affairs
Friday, July 8, 2005; Posted: 10:10 a.m. EDT (14:10 GMT)

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/WORLD/europe/07/08/london.muslims/story.indonesia.ap.jpg
A man reads a newspaper with the headline "London bomb" in Jakarta, Indonesia, the world's most populous Muslim nation.

(CNN (http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/07/08/london.muslims/index.html)) -- Arabs and Muslims in Britain and across the world expressed outrage at the terrorist attacks in London, with the dominant viewpoint summed up by one person who wrote on a Web site, "Enough ... enough."

The loud condemnation of the attacks that targeted civilians reverberated on the street, over the Internet, in newsrooms, and in Arab and Muslim seats of power.

Minority voices praised the attacks with anti-Western invective, but they were largely drowned out. On one popular Web site, one person wrote: "How can you gloat and thank God for terrorist acts that were committed in the name of God???? Shaaaaaaaaaaaame on you Muslims.

"Don't you know that Islam is growing in Europe??? What the heck are you doing mingling things up??? What you're doing has no logic and certainly doesn't fall under the good wisdom God has asked us to follow."

Still, some stated anger at what they say are brutal U.S. and British policies targeting Arabs and Muslims. And many expressed fears that a stretch of bad times is in store for Arabs and Muslims.

The London terror strikes, targeting three subway stations and a double-decker bus, killed more than 50 people wounded hundreds. Authorities are looking into the possibility of al Qaeda's involvement. London Police Commissioner Ian Blair said the attacks showed the "hallmarks of al Qaeda."

The September 11, 2001 al Qaeda attacks in the United States sparked some anger at Arabs and Muslims, which U.S. leaders and others worked to quickly counteract.

Officials from countries like Iraq and Iran issued condemnations of the strikes.

Some prominent Arab writers said the attacks were a reminder that efforts to fight terrorism were necessary.

Jihad al-Khazen, an op-ed columnist for the London-based pan-Arab Al-Hayat newspaper, wrote: "Such criminal terror acts prove that no measure is enough to fight terrorism.

"Actions that governments take to fight terrorism are totally justified because protecting life is a lot more important than protecting civil liberties."

He said he was saddened "that there are people in our Arab world that continue to sympathize with terrorism."

"This is our sick reality and it doesn't help anyone to pretend this mentality doesn't exist. One can't ignore the fact that Arab governments didn't act early on to crush the extreme movements growing in our midst."

He criticized the United States and Britain, saying he hoped they would change policies that fostered "hatred around the world and make it easy for groups like al Qaeda to recruit and execute terror attacks."

On the Arabic-language TV network Al Jazeera, Mohammed Amara -- identified as an Islamist thinker in Cairo -- said "those who want to perform jihad (Muslim holy war) should go and fight the occupiers in the battlefield and not kill unexpecting innocent people.

"We (Muslims) do not kill clerics, we do not kill women, we do not kill children, we do not kill trees. This is what the prophet taught us. The U.S. and Britain are committing atrocities against our people everywhere but we shouldn't respond to a crime with a crime."

TV network Al-Arabiya, on its Web site, solicited readers' responses to the attacks. Several expressed happiness, with comments such as "Allahu Akbar, thanks be to God," "More power to al Qaeda leader Osama (bin Laden)," and "What did you expect? This is only a response to the what the British government has done to the group regardless of which group it is."

In response, these notes were posted: "To the heroes of Arabism and Jihad, since you are sparing no method to attack the West and you gloat as you try to kill the largest number of civilians. How would you like it if the West relieves itself of your headache by hitting you with one of its nuclear weapons. It takes only minutes and then there will be no heroes, no men and no shish kebab."

Another wrote: "Why you are so happy about something like this?" What if one of your family members in London died? Even in a war, don't kill women, children, old people ... please Muslims think before you judge any action, and think about your actions and judge yourself before you judge people."

There were similar responses to another posting, in which someone said: "What happened to them is less than what they deserve" because of all of the people killed in the Muslim world daily. "I hope they will get more and more every day," this writer said.

Writers punched back, saying there was no excuse for such attacks. Responses included:

# "Those terrorists have ruined the reputation of Arabs in Europe" and have hurt the religion.

# "Arabs will be facing more harassment now. That's why Arabs should stand together against these terrorist groups which has only one goal of killing innocent women, elderly and children."

# "We are entering a difficult times in Europe, especially difficult for our brothers who live in dignity and prosperity in Europe while they enjoy the vastness of the continent after they escaped their governments' dictatorships."

# "One of the targeted areas today is Edgware road, which is entirely accommodated by Muslims and Arabs. Do you know that no politicians, army troops, or any important governmental employees use the underground or buses, because simply they have no much more money to use a private car.

# "This is not Islam. Aldgate station is a two-minute walk from the largest Muslim community in London. So please don't be happy."

One writer said "innocent people have been attacked while going about their daily routine... Londoners are the most hard working and efficient city folk I have ever seen, and they shall overcome these awful events and prevail. Blair has a lot of explanation to be done. I am an Arab, and rest assured that we are all shocked and angry.

"We love London!"

Warham
07-08-2005, 03:56 PM

If terrorists get their hands on nuclear devices before we get our hands on them, there won't be famine or poverty much longer. Or at the least, we won't be worried about it, because we'll be in our fallout shelters.

DLR'sCock
07-08-2005, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
That's way too far down the logic chain for most neocons FORD.

uh yeah, see my previous post....

Seshmeister
07-08-2005, 08:44 PM
If terrorists get their hands on nuclear devices before we get our hands on them, there won't be famine or poverty much longer. Or at the least, we won't be worried about it, because we'll be in our fallout shelters.

Whatever...

If after 4 years all they can come up with is 40lbs of plastic explosive then I'm guessing they are pretty far away from a nuke.

Cheers!

Warham
07-08-2005, 09:00 PM
Well, they managed to kill 3,000+ people with two airliners. I'd say they are pretty crafty, Sesh.

When Iran goes online, I wouldn't be too surprised if somebody gets their mitts on one.

thome
07-08-2005, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by DLR'sCock
uh yeah, see my previous post....
Neo Con my CO#K

Give me a quick deffinition of what a neo con is

FORD
07-08-2005, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by thome
Neo Con my CO#K

Give me a quick deffinition of what a neo con is

Neocon

From Demopedia

The "new conservative." Neocons are for the total elimination of taxes and social programs. They also have a goal of spreading "democracy", for corporate profit, throughout the world using domination and military might.

The neocons were all heavily influenced by the political philosopher Leo Strauss, who believed that relativism and liberalism would be the ultimate downfall of modern society. Strauss believed that too much reason, too much individuality and not enough faith and common purpose was a bad thing. Not faith in a particular religion necessarily but in an ideology in general. He felt that the ideology didn't need to be true as long as it was something that would bring people together to work toward common goals.

Based on his teachings, the neocons currently in power have a long history of creating myths out of whole cloth in order to 'rally the troops'. Concrete examples include Donald Rumsfeld's creation of the Office of Special Plans during the lead up to the Iraq War and creation of 'Team B' during his previous term as Secretary of Defense under Gerald Ford. In both cases the purpose of the group was to take intelligence that the CIA had looked at and 're-evaluate' it, with the secret purpose of exaggerating the threat. In the former case, to make Iraq out to be a larger threat than it really was. In the latter case, to exaggerate the threat from the Soviet Union and it's supposed disregard for ballistic missle treaties. It is interesting to note that 100% of the information coming out of both groups was later found to be false.

Link (http://demopedia.democraticunderground.com/index.php/Neocon)

scorpioboy33
07-08-2005, 09:33 PM
maybe instead of fighting over the politics of this tradgedy we might pray or send good thoughts to those injured and those who have lost family members

thome
07-08-2005, 10:07 PM
I guess i wasnt to clear give me "Your deff" not a dictionary paste up
then Ill tellyou what it really means.and you will be-- wrong again.
Ill bet you 5 stars no questions asked.

ODShowtime
07-09-2005, 08:23 AM
I guess i wasnt to clear give me "Your deff" not a dictionary paste up
then Ill tellyou what it really means.and you will be-- wrong again.
Ill bet you 5 stars no questions asked.

The bottom line about "neocons" to me is anyone stupid enough to not only believe what gw&friends says, but to support it. The ones who actually argue their moronic points. The ones who are looking forward to the Invasion of Iran.

thome
07-09-2005, 10:06 AM
Neo con is a derogatory slang term use by some one to insult
his supposed opponent .Much like a cuss word used to free
up the user from having any real answers to the situation or
discusion.It has no meaning its invented meaning is used to
justify the existance of the NON Word much like, Nigg@R.

Weres MY FIVE..... LIBBEY- CON MAN

ODShowtime
07-09-2005, 10:23 AM
Neo con is a derogatory slang term use by some one to insult
his supposed opponent .Much like a cuss word

The word "neocon" earned its bad connotation by being associated with lying and warmongering.

It sounds like a cuss word when used in this forum because we hold such people in low esteem.

FORD
07-09-2005, 01:05 PM
So our resident kindergarten drop out is comparing the word "neocon" with the word "******"? :confused:

"neocon" is a word they came up with themselves. "Treasonous shitbag", which often accompanies the word "neocon" would be the insult part of it.

But then treason is a word that has a definition of it's own. One who is guilty of treason has betrayed his or her own country, as the treasonous shitbag neocons have done.

The word "******" has no such definition, as it is merely an offensive slang term meant to degrade someone of a particular skin pigmentation level (I don't use the term "race" as there is only ONE human race)

DrMaddVibe
07-09-2005, 01:19 PM
But the "fine" Senator from W. Va. stated that there are white ******s too!

And he was in the Klan! I think he'd know for sure!

DrMaddVibe
07-09-2005, 01:21 PM
Michelle Malkin (back to story)

March 7, 2001

Sen. Robert Byrd, ex-klansman

Ex-Klansman Robert Byrd, the senior senator from West Virginia, casually used the phrase "white ******" twice on national TV this weekend. Enraged civil rights groups organized a protest campaign against Sen. Byrd and demanded that he undergo sensitivity training ... not. The ex-Klansman, you see, is a Democrat. Democrats can join hate groups and utter the ugliest racial slurs and get away with it because they are Democrats. They belong to the party of racial tolerance and understanding. They're paragons of virtue, and the rest of us are bigoted rubes.

The ex-Klansman showed his true colors when asked by Fox News Sunday morning talk show host Tony Snow about the state of race relations in America. Sen. Byrd warned: "There are white ******s. I've seen a lot of white ******s in my time. I'm going to use that word. We just need to work together to make our country a better country, and I'd just as soon quit talking about it so much."

The ex-Klansman, famed for Beltway blowhardism, should have quit talking a lot sooner. Why any prominent politician in his right mind would publicly and deliberately use the poisonous epithet "******" -- which most daily newspapers refuse to spell out, no matter the context -- is beyond comprehension. It's an open question as to whether the rant-prone, 83-year-old Byrd is even in his right mind, but senility doesn't excuse bigotry.

The ex-Klansman's admirers praise his historical knowledge, mastery of procedural rules, and outspokenness. They refer to the Senate's senior Democrat as the "conscience of the Senate." They downplay his white-sheet-wearing days as a "brief mistake" -- as if joining the Klan were like knocking over a glass of water. Oopsy.

This ex-Klansman wasn't just a passive member of the nation's most notorious hate group. According to news accounts and biographical information, Sen. Byrd was a "Kleagle" -- an official recruiter who signed up members for $10 a head. He said he joined because it "offered excitement" and because the Klan was an "effective force" in "promoting traditional American values." Nothing like the thrill of gathering 'round a midnight bonfire, roasting s'mores, tying nooses, and promoting white supremacy with a bunch of your hooded friends.

The ex-Klansman allegedly ended his ties with the group in 1943. He may have stopped paying dues, but he continued to pay homage to the KKK. Republicans in West Virginia discovered a letter Sen. Byrd had written to the Imperial Wizard of the KKK three years after he says he abandoned the group. He wrote: "The Klan is needed today as never before and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia" and "in every state in the Union."

The ex-Klansman later filibustered the landmark 1964 Civil Rights Act -- supported by a majority of those "mean-spirited" Republicans -- for more than 14 hours. He also opposed the nominations of the Supreme Court's two black justices, liberal Thurgood Marshall and conservative Clarence Thomas. In fact, the ex-Klansman had the gall to accuse Justice Thomas of "injecting racism" into the Senate hearings. Meanwhile, author Graham Smith recently discovered another letter Sen. Byrd wrote after he quit the KKK, this time attacking desegregation of the armed forces.

The ex-Klansman vowed never to fight "with a Negro by my side. Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds."

If this ex-Klansman were a conservative Republican, he would never hear the end of his sordid past. "Ex-Klansman who opposed civil rights and black justices" would appear in every reference to Sen. Byrd. And even the "ex-" would be in doubt. Maxine Waters and Ralph Neas and Julianne Malveaux and Al Sharpton and all the other left-wing bloodhounds who sniff racism in every crevice of American life would be barking up a storm over Sen. Byrd's latest fulminations. Instead, the attack dogs are busy decrying latent racial bigotry where it doesn't exist, while the real thing roams wild and free in their own political backyard.

©2001 Creators Syndicate, Inc.

FORD
07-09-2005, 01:22 PM
Nobody ever said Senator Byrd was perfect, but at least his dumbass statement didn't get anybody killed. Unlike Junior's

bueno bob
07-09-2005, 01:22 PM
Well, the unfortunate downside to all this is that it's not going to get us any closer to getting rid of the Al-Queda (sp?) problem...in all reality, it's just more fuel to the fire for Bush and Blair to push their own agendas and dowse the public with more useless "We'll stand strong" rhetoric...I swear, that "We're not going to back down now!" drivel ought to be getting on ANYBODY'S nerves by now, regardless of what your political affiliation is.

What we need are RESULTS - not rhetoric, pointless occupations and useless saber-rattling.

Anybody else with me on that?

DrMaddVibe
07-09-2005, 01:27 PM
Nobody ever said Senator Byrd was perfect, but at least his dumbass statement didn't get anybody killed. Unlike Junior's

just saying there's white ******s too!

Fact.

academic punk
07-09-2005, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Well, the unfortunate downside to all this is that it's not going to get us any closer to getting rid of the Al-Queda (sp?) problem...in all reality, it's just more fuel to the fire for Bush and Blair to push their own agendas and dowse the public with more useless "We'll stand strong" rhetoric...I swear, that "We're not going to back down now!" drivel ought to be getting on ANYBODY'S nerves by now, regardless of what your political affiliation is.

What we need are RESULTS - not rhetoric, pointless occupations and useless saber-rattling.

No.

FORD
07-09-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob

The only problem with that statement is how to get "results" from an "enemy" that can't even be defined.

academic punk
07-09-2005, 02:06 PM
I personally enjoyed how all the news networks were reporting "TONY BLAIR CONDEMNS THE ATTACKS".

Like, really? He doesn't, like, you know, applaud them?

Now that we've gotten past the obvious, how about some info about the attacks? No? All right, then how about we go back to the missing girl in Aruba story? We all have a vested interest in finding out how that turns out.

bueno bob
07-09-2005, 05:30 PM
The only problem with that statement is how to get "results" from an "enemy" that can't even be defined.

Well, for starters, I'd say eliminating the heads of the organization wouldn't be a bad start...maybe that's just me, though... :confused:

bueno bob
07-09-2005, 05:31 PM
No.

Yeah, it figures! :mad:

:)

bueno bob
07-09-2005, 05:33 PM
Maybe I'm just blowing hot air, honestly...I don't know...I'm just really pissed off about things in general, I think.

thome
07-10-2005, 06:01 AM
If you bone heads really new what was going on insted of what you
read in your leftist fish raps you would kwow A Neo-Con is used to
and by to describe FORMER Dems who have switched party affiliation
to a repub .point of view on the wars in irak & afganistan it has nothing to do with existing Republicans.

CREDO:

Ignorant duffasses follow each other blindly DEM LIB SOCIALIST.

Nickdfresh
07-10-2005, 07:28 AM

to a repub .point of view on the wars in irak & afganistan it has nothing to do with existing Republicans.

CREDO:

You stupid uninformed fuckbag! Go to hell your posts are making my head hurt. You're that last tool that should post in this forum!

thome
07-10-2005, 11:10 AM
You stupid uninformed fuckbag! Go to hell your posts are making my head hurt. You're that last tool that should post in this forum!

why i just read your post an wonder in amazement how
funny you are. You are laughable yet come off So seriose

you explain CRAP like its the gospel and people follow
in their ignorance and you revel in it

You are a JOKE !...... Deal w/ It!!

ODShowtime
07-10-2005, 11:38 AM

Oh I'm so glad you're here to set us straight! :rolleyes:

thome
07-10-2005, 11:59 AM
Im not hear to set you straight just the record-- STRAIGHT.

LoungeMachine
07-10-2005, 12:06 PM
Im not hear to set you straight just the record-- STRAIGHT.

I here ya :D

LoungeMachine
07-10-2005, 12:09 PM

CREDO:

This is an act, right. :confused:

NO ONE is actually this stupid :rolleyes:

You were fed paint chips while growing up in your house under the power lines, huh?

:cool:

Nickdfresh
07-12-2005, 10:55 AM
Last Updated: Tuesday, 12 July, 2005, 14:37 GMT 15:37 UK

Bomb squad blast into Leeds house
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41295000/jpg/_41295705_uxb203afp.jpg
Bomb disposal unit
The army has been helping the police with the operation
A controlled explosion has been carried out by army bomb disposal experts to gain access to a house in Leeds as part of the hunt for the London bombers.

The unoccupied house in the Burley area was one of six in the city raided after the attacks that killed at least 52.

Elsewhere, police are searching a car at Luton train station they believe may be connected to the attacks.

No-one has been arrested, but police in Leeds are looking for explosives and have already seized some material.

Up to 600 people have been evacuated from the area as part of the operation.

Police cleared people from homes as well as a mosque, a health centre and an old people's home.

His great sense of humour and personable nature put him centre stage with family and friends
Bomb victim Jamie Gordon's family statement

Parts of the Beeston area of Leeds has been cordoned off, as well as a street in Dewsbury near the city.

Inspector Miles Himsworth said the operation was being led by the Metropolitan Police Anti-Terrorist officers with the support of West Yorkshire Police and the Army Bomb Disposal Unit.

He said the house at which the controlled explosion took place officers were searching for "explosives and bits and pieces".

He said that meant a long list of possibilities that would include items such as computers, and a "careful and meticulous search" would be carried out.

Luton station closed

Anti-terrorism officers launched the first raids in the Leeds area on six houses at about 0630 BST.

One resident who was evacuated, Nathan Clark, said people were "shocked" at what was happening.

"Everyone is amazed that it is happening on their doorstep," he told BBC News.

Aerial view of the house being searched for explosives
The police mood is said to be "buoyant" about the developments

Meanwhile in Luton the railway station has been closed and a cordon placed around an area that also covers the bus station and parts of Luton University campus.

Police said a car they believe may be connected to the London bombs has been found in the car park.

Earlier the Met commissioner Sir Ian Blair confirmed the operation "is directly connected to the outrages on Thursday".

Sir Ian said London, as well as New York, continued to be "major terrorist targets".

He said: "Another attack is likely, there's no question about that. When, who knows."

The Yorkshire searches were carried out after warrants were issued under the Terrorism Act 2000.

BBC security correspondent Frank Gardner said the police were acting on information from searches at the scenes of the crimes in London.

Five victims have been formally identified out of 52 people confirmed killed in last Thursday's explosions on three Underground trains and a bus.

Several families have received official confirmation of the deaths of loved ones.

The police released the names of two further victims on Tuesday - Philip Stuart Russell, 28, of Kennington, south London, and Jamie Gordon, 30.

Mr Gordon's family described him in a statement as a "kind, caring person who always put other people first".

Two other victims were formally identified on Tuesday, but their families asked for the names not to be released immediately.

Scene of bus explosion
The bus explosion killed 13 passengers

On Monday, Susan Levy, 53, from Hertfordshire, was the first victim of the bombings to be officially identified by coroners.

Meanwhile in London, Prime Minister Tony Blair has signed the official the book of condolences for victims at city hall.

The Queen has made a "substantial donation" to a fund set up to help the families of people killed and injured in the attacks, it has been announced.

Buckingham Palace did not reveal how much had been pledged to the London Bombings Relief Charitable Fund set up on Friday by Mayor Ken Livingstone and the British Red Cross.

An anti-terrorist hotline for anyone who might have information for the police has been set up on 0800 789 321.
BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4674463.stm)