PDA

View Full Version : webmasters and moderators

Jahuli
07-08-2005, 06:41 AM
Out of curiosity i was just wondering how you actually become a webmaster or moderator or whatever you call it?

twonabomber
07-08-2005, 07:23 AM
start sucking. ;)

Va Beach VH Fan
07-08-2005, 07:44 AM
Be around for longer than 2 days.... ;)

academic punk
07-08-2005, 08:53 AM
Most of the mods and webbies here got their titles by catching the tickets that Dave would throw out at his concerts. Some people got blank tickets, some lucky ones got backstage passes, some coupons to McDonald's and Taco Bell, and others got cards that read "Congratulations! You are now a moderator at the Roth Army!" Pretty ccol.

But there are other ways to get the job:

Warham won his mod job by donating $5,000 dollars to the Republican National Committee.

Panamark got his in a bar bet for wrestling a marsupial (and winning).

POJO got his web-ship for beating the living crap out of Hagar one night and shitting on the Sam's face. It was kept out of the papers (for obvious reasons), but those of us who've been here awhile thought the act merited some reward and recognition.

Hope that helps! Good luck in all your future endeavors!

CVH Rulz
07-08-2005, 09:09 AM
:rofl:

thome
07-08-2005, 09:17 AM
Start and respond to a buch o BS threads sonner or later poeple will think what
you have to say is THE WORD
Then cast your revelations from the Mountain !!!
All will Tremble. Easy as PIE
I like pie. Do you like Pie ?
Pie should be eaten w a Spoon .

Panamark
07-08-2005, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
Most of the mods and webbies here got their titles by catching the tickets that Dave would throw out at his concerts. Some people got blank tickets, some lucky ones got backstage passes, some coupons to McDonald's and Taco Bell, and others got cards that read "Congratulations! You are now a moderator at the Roth Army!" Pretty ccol.

But there are other ways to get the job:

Warham won his mod job by donating $5,000 dollars to the Republican National Committee.

Panamark got his in a bar bet for wrestling a marsupial (and winning).

POJO got his web-ship for beating the living crap out of Hagar one night and shitting on the Sam's face. It was kept out of the papers (for obvious reasons), but those of us who've been here awhile thought the act merited some reward and recognition.

Hope that helps! Good luck in all your future endeavors!

LOL ! Fookin big marsupial it was too !!!

Warham
07-08-2005, 05:19 PM
See, donations DO pay off!

POJO_Risin
07-08-2005, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by academic punk

That only got me the mod job...

forcing him to fuck a dog in the ass got me the webbie job...

academic punk
07-08-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin

Right! I had a little memory lapse there! HAHAHAHHAHA!!!

Northern Girl
07-08-2005, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Warham
See, donations DO pay off!

Geez, how much did you give? ;)

MAX
07-09-2005, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin

Awwwww..............

Now I see why I was fired.

It's cos I knobbed a goat instead of a dog. :D

thome
07-09-2005, 12:51 AM
Ahhh the old dog ass goat trick

works every time!!!

rustoffa
07-09-2005, 03:31 AM
To this day, I'm cuntvinced that someone dug up my sob story on microfilm @ some library. That's the only way I can explain it.

I was almost killed some years back after being hit by a Buick Regal on the Norwich Street extension. Compound fractures....both fucking legs. The impact knocked one of my eyeballs out. My cranium was so swollen, they had to tape the eyeball to my forehead 'til the swelling went down. The break on my right leg was so severe, that I'm like a 1/4 inch shorter if I stand on that leg like a crane.

I know, you're like "what the fuck does this traffic accident have to do with a moderatorship...it's a sob story, but WTF?"

The mishap was reported in the PAPERS...full-on fucking long-distance dedication type shit. All this horseshit about me being a part-time student and working @ night just to better myself. There was ONE little thing that explains it (the sob story modship) in the story.

This brass buttons dipshit journalist decided to throw in a bit about my musical preference....I still kinda think he was trying to imply that my WALKMAN caused the near coma.....or me being a satanist.

"...the cassette case of David Lee Roth's 'A Little Ain't Enough' was found nearly 50 feet from the point of impact...the artwork features an image of Satan enjoying a chuckle. Oddly enough, higher powers were in charge and the personal cassette player was still in working order....not unlike Mr. _ _ _ _ _"

That's right, I was distracted by the end of an era that just about ended my era.

Somebody found that, without me harping about it, and modded me based on pain and suffering alone.

Panamark
07-09-2005, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa
To this day, I'm cuntvinced that someone dug up my sob story on microfilm @ some library. That's the only way I can explain it.

I was almost killed some years back after being hit by a Buick Regal on the Norwich Street extension. Compound fractures....both fucking legs. The impact knocked one of my eyeballs out. My cranium was so swollen, they had to tape the eyeball to my forehead 'til the swelling went down. The break on my right leg was so severe, that I'm like a 1/4 inch shorter if I stand on that leg like a crane.

I know, you're like "what the fuck does this traffic accident have to do with a moderatorship...it's a sob story, but WTF?"

The mishap was reported in the PAPERS...full-on fucking long-distance dedication type shit. All this horseshit about me being a part-time student and working @ night just to better myself. There was ONE little thing that explains it (the sob story modship) in the story.

This brass buttons dipshit journalist decided to throw in a bit about my musical preference....I still kinda think he was trying to imply that my WALKMAN caused the near coma.....or me being a satanist.

"...the cassette case of David Lee Roth's 'A Little Ain't Enough' was found nearly 50 feet from the point of impact...the artwork features an image of Satan enjoying a chuckle. Oddly enough, higher powers were in charge and the personal cassette player was still in working order....not unlike Mr. _ _ _ _ _"

That's right, I was distracted by the end of an era that just about ended my era.

Somebody found that, without me harping about it, and modded me based on pain and suffering alone.

Dude !!

Congrats ! You are the first person I have met that has outdone me
in a traffic accident :D

How much titanium is still in ya ?? :p

Compound fractures are cool, hey !! Did you go into shock and
make your bone retract back into the flesh. I managed to pull
my upper arm bone back into my actual arm. Did your bones look
like a stick, like a tree stick ?? I thought breaking my arm in 8
places was good, but I never popped an eyeball !!

Dude, you Rock !!! :D

bueno bob
07-09-2005, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Jahuli
Out of curiosity i was just wondering how you actually become a webmaster or moderator or whatever you call it?

Actually, I run this site and everybody answers to me...I have chosen not to be a mod, supermod or anything else due to the fact that I'm completely lazy, but other than that, I have to decide whether or not you're mod material before you can become a mod. And guess what? You're mod material, guy!! You can be a mod, too! Get ready, your big day's comin'!! :D

DavidLeeNatra
07-09-2005, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
Be around for longer than 2 days.... ;)

...try to get banned at the linx after two posts... :D

rustoffa
07-09-2005, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
Dude !!

Congrats ! You are the first person I have met that has outdone me
in a traffic accident :D

How much titanium is still in ya ?? :p

Compound fractures are cool, hey !! Did you go into shock and
make your bone retract back into the flesh. I managed to pull
my upper arm bone back into my actual arm. Did your bones look
like a stick, like a tree stick ?? I thought breaking my arm in 8
places was good, but I never popped an eyeball !!

Dude, you Rock !!! :D

:D

I'm pretty sure there was shock involved, the only post-impact bleeps I can remember are looking at a curb and hearing sirens. The nurses at the hospital just went on and on about how I was cuntvinced they cut my legs off! They told me I kept demanding to feel THEIR legs since I didn't have any....saying shit like, gimme some fucking bionics!

Man, those are bad memories. The worst was being confined to a recliner...just watching TV and people fucking with me. My brother would unplug the battery to my electric healing-stimulus nodules in my casts, say I was gonna be a drag-foot, and eat twinkies in front of me. This dipshit friend of mine thought it would be funny to pour chicken grease on my toes, and let the dogs chew on 'em and shit...he poured alot of it, and the shit went down in the casts and my feet eventually smelled like a dumpster.

In all seriousness, none of that bullshit had anything to do with becoming a moderator.

A SUPER MODERATOR gave me a vote of confidence that eventually secured the job.
:cool: