PDA

View Full Version : Bands that are still together that should hang it up

Lou
03-09-2004, 09:24 PM
I can think of two right off the bat...Red Hot Chili Peppers and R.E.M. RCHP have wussed out and I don't know what the hell R.E.M.'s doing anymore but it's God-awful.

Seshmeister
03-09-2004, 09:41 PM
Let's face it ayone over 30 is a nostalgia act.

rustoffa
03-09-2004, 10:34 PM
Maybe Sting will suffocate in one of his oversized turtlenecks.Rod Stewart? Have I told....you lately..that you suck ass? Aerosmith....quit stinkin' up the superbowl....the list is too long.

alexpgrimes
03-09-2004, 11:10 PM
I know I'll get shit for this but I gotta go with The Rolling Stones.

Sarge
03-09-2004, 11:46 PM
Anyone that is playing Bars.. that used to play arenas.

Aerosmith is great.. but their sound sure has changed over the last 10 years.

FORD
03-10-2004, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by alexpgrimes
I know I'll get shit for this but I gotta go with The Rolling Stones. :asshole: :gun:

Let's see... who should hang it up?

AeroSHIT. Def Dumb & Blind Kitty. Van Hagar.

Rod Stewart should have hung it up when the Faces split up. Hasn't made a decent record since. And singing 40's shit?? Sucks even worse than when Setzer did it.

Mr Grimsdale
03-10-2004, 08:06 AM
all those derivative rap, r n'b and urban acts cluttering up the charts and radio

it's the same situation as the late 80's with the hair metal bands just a different style of music

S.P.G
03-10-2004, 01:17 PM

they should have retired donkeys ago

Originally posted by Seshmeister

if anyone over 30 should retire... queen would never have played live aid and gave us some of the greatest music ever written and i would have never seen dlr in concert.

i wouldn't mind van hagar just stopping?

Mr Grimsdale
03-10-2004, 02:00 PM
anyone over 30? that would include kylie minogue

you're bang out of order sesh

Lou
03-11-2004, 12:30 AM
I forgot about Def Leppard, yeah they should have hung it up really over 10 years ago.

And here's another one that just came to mind--METALLICA. Give it up, it's over.

Dave IS VH
03-11-2004, 01:55 AM
I have to go with Boy Bands (teeny Bopper Shit), all rappers and hip hop singers.:D

All Hip Hop, Rap, and Pop (Boy Bands) need to die!!!!!!!! :gun:

Rock N' Roll lives forever!!!!!!!!

BITEYOASS
03-11-2004, 10:34 AM
Don't worry about the rappers. They'll kill themselves hopefully in another shootout at the Source awards someday.

Mr Badguy
03-11-2004, 12:22 PM
bLACK sABBATH

Ozzy

Deep Purple

Guns n Roses

People who appear on "tribute" albums

Golden AWe
03-11-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Mr Grimsdale

and how old is Dannii??

hard to handle

Mr Grimsdale
03-11-2004, 01:18 PM
kylie is 35
dannii is er 32 or 33
gawd i really know far too much for my own good

Wayne L.
03-12-2004, 09:08 AM
The Rolling Stones & Aerosmith are two legendary rock bands that should hang it up because they keep on looking sillier & sillier with each album & each tour.

bukowsky
03-12-2004, 09:38 AM
I've heard the ABBA was planning a reunion ... I don't think we'd need this ...

Mr Grimsdale
03-12-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Wayne L.
The Rolling Stones & Aerosmith are two legendary rock bands that should hang it up because they keep on looking sillier & sillier with each album & each tour.

a spot on description

faddam234
03-19-2004, 02:03 AM
Im releived no one has said AC/DC yet...

Lou
03-19-2004, 02:06 AM
I saw AC/DC in August 2000 and it was one hell of a show. Now yeah that was over 3 years ago but I think it's recent enough to say that they've still got something left in the tank.

Mr Grimsdale
03-19-2004, 08:21 AM
uli roth
OK not a band but I saw the guy in '98 on the UK G3 tour and he should definitely give up
in fact he should never have even started

High Life Man
03-19-2004, 01:44 PM
kylie is 35
dannii is er 32 or 33
gawd i really know far too much for my own good

Enough talk! More pictures! :D

AC/DC is still grate and will kick your balls into your brain at their live shows.

I can't wait for them to tour again.

faddam234
03-19-2004, 04:30 PM
AC/DC is amazing. Its so cool that after 30 years they could still kick anyones ass. How many bands can still do that when there pretty much all old men?

fuckin amazing

Big Troubles
03-19-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Sarge
Anyone that is playing Bars.. that used to play arenas.

Aerosmith is great.. but their sound sure has changed over the last 10 years.

Dave plays bars now...Not stadiums...Change your answer! lol

Big Troubles
03-19-2004, 04:41 PM
AC/DC shit all sounds the same to me. To me that means not alot of creativity. Sorry, just stating an opinion. I can name at least 6 songs by them, that I have to hear the chorus first before I know the name of the song. I think they're done, or at least should be. Besides Angus shorts, keep getting shorter. Thats a little creepy.
Rolling Stones are alright. Dont own one album, but my foot taps when they're on the radio and thats a plus for them.
REM for sure should just self combust with all that save the rain forest preaching they do.
U2 has sucked since 86.
Black Crowes are garbage.
Ozzy is an embarassment. Priest will try to show they are not, but Im thinking that will fail too.
All these new bands too. If your reading any of this...CHANGE YOUR STYLE! Jesus...I cant tell I Mother Earth, from Our Lady Peace, to Finger Eleven to that Stacy's Mom shit. Yuck... Got the shits just thinking about it.

Switch84
03-20-2004, 04:21 PM

I agree with you 1000%!!! You can add U2 to that list, too. Oh, and Fleetwood Mac! WTF...they're reuniting AGAIN!

Big Troubles
03-20-2004, 04:40 PM
Fleetwood wasn't bad. It gave me a good vibe...like Supertramp would. Id say The Stones could wrap it up. U2 for sure. And maybe the Forgotten Rebels. Nothing like trying to make it big and it still hasn't happen for you in 30 years...Hope they have a back up job in mind.

Gmoney
03-20-2004, 06:51 PM
Another vote for Aeropussies!!

Hagar.

Poison and every other hair band of the 80's!!

WACF
03-20-2004, 10:18 PM
KISS....

Lou
03-20-2004, 10:39 PM
Kiss was terrible when I saw them with Aerosmith last year, it was just noise.

I know I'll get shit for this but Aerosmith still puts on a great show. Make no mistake about it their music has sucked in the last 20 years but performance wise, they do put on a great show. I'm amazed at the energy they have and Steven Tyler still hits the high notes in "Dream On."

To tell you the truth I think Aerosmith's stuff in the 1970's is among the greatest classic rock and roll ever made. Let's not forget they were making some HEAVY shit like "Lord of the Thighs," "Nobody's Fault," "Sight for Sore Eyes," "Get the Lead Out," "Get It Up," "Last Child." I mean those are really kick-ass songs. Unfortunately their music has been terrible sellout garbage ever since they stopped taking drugs including that God-awful "Just Push Play" which I think rivals Van Halen III in how bad it was. But live, they are still great. And trust me I was pretty skeptical when my friend took me to see them last summer. Despite their crappy new stuff, I was impressed.

Panamark
03-21-2004, 04:03 AM

Dude, stop having a midlife crisis in your early 30's. You are still a farken baby ! Personally I dont think Age is a huge issue. If the performance is still good, then who gives a fuck how old the performer is ?

I think it would be terribly sad if some of the masters of music, decided to stop performing their craft, just because they are no longer teenagers.

Mr Grimsdale
03-21-2004, 05:33 PM
that's right
let's have more geriatric rock

i want to see the beatles reform

dig 'em up!

Seshmeister
03-21-2004, 07:23 PM

Fuck you have an excellent point.

Although she's saying she's going to start wearing more clothes now...

Seshmeister
03-21-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
Dude, stop having a midlife crisis in your early 30's. You are still a farken baby !

Well it is probably the midpoint of my life if I'm lucky...:)

Panamark
03-22-2004, 01:15 AM
Well it is probably the midpoint of my life if I'm lucky...:)

Unless you have an unfortunate affliction that I dont know about, Im sure you will see way past 60. God knows what medical advances we will have in another 30 years. The moment you start believing you are old, is the moment it happens ! :D

DaveIsKing
04-09-2004, 08:48 AM
AEROSELL-OUT
METALLICRAP
THE ROLLING NURSING HOME (STONES)
ANY GLAM METAL BAND STILL AROUND
STUNG (No Police, No dice. Noone cares about that Middle-Eastern horseshit, Stink!)
SPAMMY (Isn't about time for his Medicare suppliments to kick-in?)

azcrdnal
04-09-2004, 11:44 AM
zz top needs to give it the fuck up rockabilly shit.

Golden AWe
04-09-2004, 02:00 PM

Although she's saying she's going to start wearing more clothes now...

WHY GOD WHY!!! :(

rustoffa
04-10-2004, 08:01 PM
The Doors of the twenty first century.....arrrgh.

David Van Via
04-22-2004, 07:19 AM
OK i would say the following bands should give up:

AC/DC - All there songs have the same basic sound, there song basically rely on Angus pulling off a solo that drags on a little some times and has nothing revolutionary about it. Brian I have an annoying voice Johnsen just goes really weird when he signs. I am going to quote a friend "when AC/DC play live it sounds no different then the studio version". When you go see a band you want your moneys worth.

Van Hager - I can't be arsed to write why I hate Van Hager because I don't have enough time before I have my next class. However I will give a short and sweet answer.

THEY ARE A DISGRACE TO ROCK!!!!!!

SoCalChelle
04-26-2004, 10:57 PM
that's right
let's have more geriatric rock

i want to see the beatles reform

dig 'em up!

LMAO!

Sorry to say it, but I agree about the Stones.

Hecubus
04-26-2004, 11:55 PM
Credence Clearwater Revisited
Yes
Ozzy

tydhurst
05-02-2004, 12:52 PM
Aerosmith can't hang it up until they can make up for Just Push Eject (Or Aerosmith on Dance E Jay)

tydhurst
05-02-2004, 12:54 PM
Oh,, AC/DC Because they've NEVER changed their BLOODY STAGE ACT! it's still all crappy cannons and Angus in cages! It's pissing off!

David Van Via
05-02-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by tydhurst
Oh,, AC/DC Because they've NEVER changed their BLOODY STAGE ACT! it's still all crappy cannons and Angus in cages! It's pissing off!

They obviously haven't heard the saying if it isn't broke don't fix it. they broke a long time ago.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
05-02-2004, 06:45 PM
after all these years still knites in satans service!

tobinentinc
05-03-2004, 09:30 PM
I thought KISS totally blew Aerosmith away last summer. Everything else i totally agreee with you.

ALMOSTsaved
05-04-2004, 01:59 PM
I agree with Lou. Aerosmith is a fucking phenomenal show! ROCKS is my fave album. There's nothing bad on it!

I really like the new one, "Honkin' On Bobo." Nice and bluesy.

But their live show, to me, gets better and better. Here's a pic of Joe Fuckin' Perry I took in Biloxi, MS on March 27.