PDA

View Full Version : THE PITTSBURGH Sports CHATTER

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

ALinChainz
03-09-2004, 11:37 PM
by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com

Wednesday, March 10, 2004

News

Duce Staley is going to play for the team he rooted for as a child. The Steelers signed the former Eagle running back to a five-year contract on Tuesday. According to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, the deal is worth $14 million and includes a $4 million signing bonus.

Views

Staley is expected to unseat Steelers legend Jerome Bettis for the starting job, in what is sure to be a "lesser of two evils" situation. The Bus is about out of gas, but Staley has shown nothing other than an ability to catch short passes the last couple seasons. Look for Amos Zereoue to be released by the Steelers.

Sarge
03-09-2004, 11:42 PM
Amos Zereoue is awful.

Staley has alot more gas than Bettis does at this point.

ALinChainz
03-09-2004, 11:48 PM
And is a lot better receiver than either of them. Now that line needs some help. But the threat of a running game helps Maddox out big time.

Chaz Rock City
03-10-2004, 01:48 AM
I'm glad the Steelers are trying to upgrade the running game. Bettis was great in his prime, but those days are over. If the line still sucks, it won't matter who the RB is. Steelers still have to fix the secondary.

SilvioDante
03-10-2004, 08:07 AM
Staley is a frickin' head case. I'll be surprised if he doesn't hold out after trainning camp. Word was he was a cancer in the Eagles locker room also. Well, if that is the case, Plax has a new buddy...

Va Beach VH Fan
03-10-2004, 09:06 PM
Great signing IMO....

I'm getting a little concerned about the O-line issue, they don't seem to be giving it enough attention....

In terms of their #1 pick at #11, with Cleveland taking Garcia, it's becoming more and more likely that Rothlesberger may slip that far....

And they'd be a fool not to take him....

BuzinBad
03-10-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Sarge
Amos Zereoue is awful.

Staley has alot more gas than Bettis does at this point.

I totally agree. It's sad to watch the Bus sucking late in his career. The only thing sadder is watching Emmitt Smith trying to continue to play when he has NOTHING left in the tank.

POJO_Risin
03-12-2004, 01:55 PM
I totally disagree with that pick Va...totally disagree...

you gotta go with Rivers...

the guy wins games...doesn't look great doing it...but wins games...

without Rivers...NC State wins three games a year...

POJO_Risin
03-12-2004, 04:37 PM
I remember reading an article late in the season listening to McNabb discuss how the team listens to Staley over anyone else. Either that explains why they blow it every year...or it overblows how shitty he is. Both Westbrook and Buckhalter say that McNabb was the solitary reason why they were successful this year. He could have shattered that team by demanding to start...but never did...he came out and played...kept his whole shut...and went about his business...

I remember Va...at one point a couple of months ago in a thread here saying that Duce was a possibility...I never really thought that they would do it...

So now we move to the secondary. Do you think the Steelers now have the cash to go out and get a Bobby Taylor perhaps?...

I think Rivers is going to be a Steeler...for good or bad...

I think the dude from Miami (OH) won't make it that pick with Cleveland...I think they'll trade down...to Buffalo...so the Bills get their man...

I could also then see the Steelers trading down a few picks...and still getting Rivers later in the round...

but what happens if Gamble drops down to 11?...how do you pass that up...

Va Beach VH Fan
03-13-2004, 08:52 AM
Well well, look who popped his fookin' head in here... Hope all is cool bro...

Personally, I wouldn't mind either Rothlesberger or Rivers.... I only keep bringing Roth--- back up because he's rated higher... I guess only time will tell if that holds up (see Leaf, Ryan....)

But as I said before, although I like the signing of Duce, they need to step it up, at CB and O-line both....

It's not out of the realm of possibility that they may take someone like DeAngelo Hall from Va Tech with #11... He's a good cover corner, who runs back punts as well.... Or yeah, Gamble also....

POJO_Risin
03-14-2004, 12:23 AM
You know...the thing is...both those guys may or may not be the best corner...

Gamble and Hall are both solid...but a lot of people are saying that Dunta Robinson is the best right now...can step right in...

so the question is...do we want upside...or right now...

See last years draft for my preference...

I agree wholeheartedly...I hope Cowher has something up his sleave with the OL and with CB though...because if they take a qb one...it's for the future...and not next year...I think it will all depend on the Bills actually...

if they trade up to get the guy from Miami...There really isn't anyone in the near picks who need a qb...

I think Pittsburgh could trade down...get Rivers with a pick 20 or so...and get a high 2nd or another first rounder in a trade down...if they can go there...

This is going to be an interesting draft...

Lou
03-14-2004, 12:40 AM
Have fun with Bobby Taylor you know why? He is really not very good anymore. He never could tackle, now he's older, and he bitches about everything. Watching him play, trust me, he is NOT an all-Pro anymore. He's on the wrong side of 30 and he'll kill your cap with the money he wants.

POJO_Risin
03-14-2004, 12:52 AM
Well...not really paying much attention to Taylor...I don't see Pittsburgh going after him anyways...but trust me Lou...he'd be much better than what we have...

POJO_Risin
06-12-2004, 12:02 AM
Okay...Plax hasn't shown up yet...but says he'll be there for training camp...

Ward is there...but won't be there at training camp because the fucker is rightfully pissed that the bitch Maddox is getting more money (ridiculous...the should have cut his ass)...

but Roethlisberger is looking good...developing well against the Steeler D...

so it's distinctly possible that Maddox will get all that money...to not even start...what a bunch of morons...they're going to lose Ward and Burress...but hey...

they have fucking Maddox...

Va Beach VH Fan
06-12-2004, 08:48 AM
I don't think so bro, Maddox is gonna start at least half the year if not the full year, unless he pulls a Kordell and blows goats right off of the bat....

Ward has a point, but his whining to the media is disappointing... He's a class act, but this isn't the first time that when something doesn't go his way he goes to the media....

They told him as soon as he started whining, you're gonna get your money, just not this year, next year....

POJO_Risin
06-12-2004, 10:20 PM
Yeah...but Maddox didn't deserve that shit bro...he didn't perform last year...and you can say what you want about the line..but the guy folds when the wind blows the wrong way...

WARD...well...I agree with you about the whining...but dude...he's the fucking offense right now...he does it all...and if freakin' Maddox got upped for blowing chunks...Ward deserves a look too....blame the Steelers front office if you will...but they shoulda known it was coming...

As far as Maddox...oh...I agree...but if Roethlisberger looks good...and Maddox looks like he has in the past...well...it may be sooner than you think...

Va Beach VH Fan
06-13-2004, 08:06 AM
I agree, I think they should've upped the ante to Maddox last year and not have to worry about it....

Now did he deserve it ?? Well, looking at his stats the answer right off of the bat would be hell no, but let's consider the shitty O-line.... When you've got a bad O-line, you can't run, you can't pass-block, and you get knocked on your ass, especially if you're not mobile.... I think at least part of the fault needs to go to that aspect....

But now, they've set a precedence that Ward is bitching about....

He's underpaid, sure, but I wish that people would just live up to the contract they signed in the first place.... This renegotiation shit really pisses me off....

POJO_Risin
06-13-2004, 01:20 PM
Look...I have no problem with the philosophy of living up to your contract...but when your boss shows you that if you whine (Maddox), you get paid...well...

and I knew you'd go with the line deal Va...but I'm going to generally assume that in your heart of hearts...you know that Maddox...good line or not...will fall faster than Kordell's pants in San Francisco during big games...he...like Kordell...has a propensity to throw to double coverage...and stare down receivers...he's slow...and he gets beat up...

I liked the Steelers old policy...fuck you...you signed the deal...that's what you'll live with...

they fucked up with Maddox...

What happened with Gildon? Who did he sign with?

SRK
06-13-2004, 01:39 PM
Gildon has not signed with anyone as of yet. I think the Steelers defence will be much improved WITH Dick LeBeau running things not to mention the speed in the secondary. Maybe the LBS can chase the Q B instead of trying to cover WRS.

POJO_Risin
06-13-2004, 01:58 PM
Well bro...the key will be the secondary...being fast is great...but can they cover will be the test...we'll see...

I think Polamaulu will be improved...he better be anyways...and I like their picks...

I'm just sick of listening to those fucking Offensive players whining...

You know it's freakin' bad when fucking Duce Staley is the quiet one on offense...

Welcome to the club SRK...this thread usually gets pretty good play throughout the year...

Va Beach VH Fan
06-13-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
and I knew you'd go with the line deal Va...but I'm going to generally assume that in your heart of hearts...you know that Maddox...good line or not...will fall faster than Kordell's pants in San Francisco during big games...he...like Kordell...has a propensity to throw to double coverage...and stare down receivers...he's slow...and he gets beat up...

What happened with Gildon? Who did he sign with?

Wrong again, you must've been drinking the Lake Erie water again.... ;)

When the line was healthy, two years ago, he took the team to the AFC Championship.....And that's with a half-assed Bettis....

As for Gildon, last I heard he was visiting the Packers....

POJO_Risin
06-13-2004, 02:07 PM
Yeah...he did take them to the AFC championship game...and they coulda won that game...but I still think that big hit that nearly killed him affected him...

he flinches...and has since then...

Now...he has two receivers that are both whining and bitching...and a rb that...well...is a great runner...but isn't known for his strength in the locker room...

Need I remind you that homo Kordell took Pittsburgh to 2...yes...2 AFC championship games...

POJO_Risin
06-13-2004, 02:07 PM
Maddox isn't the answer bro...even for a stopgap...

I'd rather have Co....no I wouldn't...;)

SRK
06-13-2004, 02:33 PM
Thanks ,I have been a life long Steelers fan and DLR ,classic Van Halen fan for many years so this is the forum for me. I' ll be headed to training camp again this summer. I try to make it up there at least twice a year...It should be an interesting season.

POJO_Risin
06-13-2004, 05:21 PM
I see you're in Ohio...you can't be from there and a Steeler fan eh?

Have to be from PA...and transplant?

POJO_Risin
06-13-2004, 05:22 PM
Well...as you know...every season for a Steeler fan is an interesting season...we can't just be bad or good...there's always gotsta be drama...

SRK
06-16-2004, 12:25 AM
I live in Ohio but its only 32 miles from Pittsburgh so its Steelers country around here I`m right on the border of three states. All the sports coverage is from Pittsburgh.

POJO_Risin
06-16-2004, 12:42 AM
I grew up in Cleveland...lived in Erie and Mercer County for a good part of my life...good to have you aboard...

Va Beach VH Fan
06-16-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by SRK
I live in Ohio but its only 32 miles from Pittsburgh so its Steelers country around here I`m right on the border of three states. All the sports coverage is from Pittsburgh.

I'm guessing around the Youngstown area, close ???

Va Beach VH Fan
08-15-2004, 08:59 AM
Well, what else is new, Steelers open the preseason with a loss....

And to top it off, I fucked up the VCR timer... The game was tape delayed on the NFL Network at 1AM this morning....

Saw the highlights....

Duce looks like he'll be the starter, he was sharp while he was in there, although he fumbled at the DET 10 yd. line....

Bettis was, well, the Bettis of the last few years, 5 carries, 5 yards....

Big Ben came in the game at the beginning of the 2nd qtr., and I thought he looked pretty damn sharp.... 8-13, 84yds. and a TD..... Maybe wishful thinking on my part, but so far, so good....

Warham
08-15-2004, 09:34 AM
Lions look pretty good.

:D

ALinChainz
08-15-2004, 11:26 AM
They did. We don't need anymore injury, thats for sure.

Would like to see some Kevin Jones now. Going to be different having a real threat back there.

Need Bly and Bryant healthy and out there, but good experience for the young guys.

I thought the Steelers runningback, #46 Donte Brown was solid.

ALinChainz
08-15-2004, 11:27 AM
And Roethlisberger looked comfortable back there. I thought he played well for the first time out.

POJO_Risin
08-15-2004, 12:01 PM
I keep trying to tell you Va...the only qb this team has a shot with is Roeth...and the only reason why I say that is because the others suck for 1...and he hasn't shown any reason to think otherwise...

Pittsburgh doing anything with Maddox's contract was a mistake...and we'll see that soon...

they should have gone after a midlevel guy...a Brees...who could serve as a starter...and be a longterm backup...

Maddox should have been cut...

Va Beach VH Fan
08-15-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
I thought the Steelers runningback, #46 Donte Brown was solid.

Right up until he fumbled on his own 20.....

Va Beach VH Fan
08-15-2004, 06:29 PM
I keep trying to tell you Va...the only qb this team has a shot with is Roeth...and the only reason why I say that is because the others suck for 1...and he hasn't shown any reason to think otherwise...

Pittsburgh doing anything with Maddox's contract was a mistake...and we'll see that soon...

they should have gone after a midlevel guy...a Brees...who could serve as a starter...and be a longterm backup...

Maddox should have been cut...

He's gonna have a better year Poj, mark my words....

The O-line is healthy (for now), and that makes a huge difference....

And don't discount Duce being back there for the majority of the snaps vice Bettis....

A good running game, with a healthy O-line, obviously means you don't drop back to pass as often....

Now if Bettis was still #1, then you'd be looking at 2nd and 8, 3rd and 7, etc....

Snoo
08-16-2004, 07:49 PM
I'd be playing Brown in front of Bettis. He was great last preseason and looks well on his way again. He was good in college. He redeemed himself after the fumble.

Va Beach VH Fan
08-16-2004, 08:11 PM
Yeah, I just can't see him going to the practice squad again...

Every time he goes out there, he produces....

I can't see Bettis being cut, but I can see something like Verron Haynes being sent to the squad instead of Brown....

Snoo
08-16-2004, 08:45 PM
That would be nice. Hopefully when Bettis breaks down this time he can do it early in the year and help the team out unlike his usual where he's "a few days rest away from being 100%" and doesn't officially admit he's fucked up until midway through the year.

POJO_Risin
08-18-2004, 07:34 PM
How can he NOT have a better year after last year...

he'd have to be dead...not to...

POJO_Risin
08-18-2004, 07:34 PM
Well...the Steelers do have depth at running back...I'm just not sold on Duce as of yet...

better than Bettis though...but if Jerome beats him out...I give up...

ALinChainz
08-18-2004, 07:40 PM
Seems like for the money they paid for Duce, he'd better be the starter.

Va Beach VH Fan
08-18-2004, 08:03 PM
Well, from the highlights I was able to see, Duce was hitting the holes much faster than Bettis....

BTW, Saturday's Texans-Steelers game will be shown on the NFL Network at 1PM EST... Didn't see anything live on the dish...

Lou
08-18-2004, 08:23 PM
I didn't read all the posts but here's my over/under win total for the Stillers this year: 5½ games :D

POJO_Risin
08-20-2004, 06:40 PM
Goddamned Eagle fans...

Lou
08-20-2004, 07:45 PM
Hey don't worry, I think you'll be better than the Giants and Cardinals!

Troy
08-20-2004, 07:49 PM
How can he NOT have a better year after last year...

he'd have to be dead...not to...

Uh-oh... the dead talk is starting early ;)

POJO_Risin
08-20-2004, 07:50 PM
And maybe...just maybe...you'll get to lose in the Title game again...;)...to add to your collection...;)

Va Beach VH Fan
08-20-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Lou
I didn't read all the posts but here's my over/under win total for the Stillers this year: 5½ games :D

Care to make a wager on that Lou ???

POJO_Risin
08-20-2004, 08:12 PM
Va...Va...Va...

c'mon now...

Philly's the flava of the decade...

they get TO...and magically into the bowl right?

hehehehehe...

imp-

los-

ion

Lou
08-20-2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
Care to make a wager on that Lou ???

Yeah I'll put my three Van Hagar CD's on the line :D

Va Beach VH Fan
08-21-2004, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Lou
Yeah I'll put my three Van Hagar CD's on the line :D

I didn't say skeet shooting practice.... ;)

T.O. did look pretty good burning the 1st team Raven defense last night....

But back to the Steelers, start your own damn Eagle thread Lou..... ;)

Tough break with Kendall Simmons' ACL, looks like they'll either bump Vincent up to the starting RG slot, or move Hartings from C to RG and have Okobi start at C.... I'd rather see Vincent start, I think Hartings is a good C, and a mediocre everything else....

'Burgh's websites are contemplating the possibility that this may be Bettis' last start as a Steeler tonight vs. the Texans, which I believe, barring injury to Duce, is a near certainty..... Coach Caaaawher usually picks his starters after the 2nd preseason game.....

POJO_Risin
08-21-2004, 10:05 AM
Well...it's always good to see the Steelers offensive line start off with issues...

Lou
08-21-2004, 02:19 PM
Alright VA, here's a bet--if the Stillers win 6 games or more, I'll send you 10 CD's of your choice from my bootleg collection. If they win 5 or less, then I win--what would you give?

POJO_Risin
08-21-2004, 02:54 PM
Oh jesus christ...let me in on that fucking bet...

Lou
08-21-2004, 03:45 PM
OK what would I get from you in return?

Va Beach VH Fan
08-21-2004, 04:23 PM
Ummmm....

How about a Ulf Samuelsson bobblehead ???? ;)

Lou
08-21-2004, 06:44 PM
You know somehow that's just not doing it for me. Throw in a Billy Tibbetts bobblehead and now you're talkin'.

Va Beach VH Fan
08-21-2004, 06:55 PM
LOL, I actually liked Billy's style of play, very hardnosed...

Just couldn't stay out of trouble off the ice.....

POJO_Risin
08-21-2004, 07:03 PM
Jesus Christ...first the fucking shitass Eagles in this thread...

now the fucking NHL...

so you are putting up 10 boots...that will cost you what...$2.00 to burn?

How about I put up $2.00 then...

Lou
08-21-2004, 08:52 PM
Hmm let's see, 10 CD's of bootleg versus $2...no that won't do it either.

POJO_Risin
08-22-2004, 01:15 AM
Lou...no offense here hombre...

but I have...hmmm...I'd say a few boots myself...you'd be surprised at the shit I get being a webbie here...

what I'm telling you is that you burning a few CD's isn't exactly anteing up here...

So what do you expect me to do...lmfao...jizz over a boot offer...

like I said...I'll put up the value that you put up...and 10 CDRW discs aren't any more than a 2 spot...and I can get one of those at the local post office...

Now if you really think the Steelers won't win more than five...put somethin' up...that might really be worth the time I'm wasting here...

until then...I stand firm on $2...

Lou
08-22-2004, 09:35 AM
OK fine I get 10 CD's of my choice if I win, assuming it's stuff I don't already have and it's not mp3-sourced.

I'm not interested in spending a fortune on this and I'd rather bet something more creative than money.

Va Beach VH Fan
08-22-2004, 11:58 AM
Steelers put a nice whoopin' on the Texans last night, 38-3....

Both Tommy and Big Ben looked good again....

Bettis actually had a decent night also, albeit against a lousy run-defense.....

Next on tap ??

Thursday night to whoop some Eagle ass in Philly on ESPN !!!!

POJO_Risin
08-22-2004, 01:11 PM
Nothing I have is MP3 sourced...but I don't want to put up boot against boot...lmfao...

I actually have no idea why in the hell I'm even in all this bullshit...

Dude...the Steelers are going to win at least 6...that's a no-brainer...

Staley had what last night...2 carries?

WTF?

POJO_Risin
08-22-2004, 01:25 PM
So it begins...reality for the Eagles...

Buckhalter is out for the year...

and it comes down to Westbrook carrying the load by his lonesome...

the Eagles are in trouble...no way he carries the load the entire year...and if there isn't a running game...there will be no passing game...

Steelers did look good last night...

POJO_Risin
08-22-2004, 01:30 PM
And how about Willie Parker making some noise????

Lou
08-22-2004, 02:11 PM
No, just 10 CD's worth of bootleg, my choice if I win, or 10 CD's worth of bootleg, your choice, if you win. I don't know what the problem is with that.

But anyway, the important thing is that I'm happy for you that Pixburgh beat Houston 38-3 in a preseason game. Just so you know, Bruce Coslet's early '90s Jets went 5-0 in the preseason, and it got them far too.

POJO_Risin
08-22-2004, 02:18 PM
Lou...personally...I could give a shit about the preseason...I'm just trying to figure out who in the fuck is going to start...

of course...if you want this to be a war...I can certainly help out there...

and bro...ain't anyone who can give it as well as I can...;)

POJO_Risin
08-22-2004, 02:23 PM
But of course...why would I have anything to say about the Eagles...the juggernaut that they are...and they have TO...so of course...they'll be unbeatable this year...and take the next step...

Just like the Phillies...

Lou
08-22-2004, 02:29 PM
Fine you wanna go there with the Phillies (who I think have among the worst management in sports), those Pirates have done alot since Bonds departed.

POJO_Risin
08-22-2004, 02:33 PM
That's great...

cept I'm not a Pirate fan...

Jesus Christ Lou...are you new to this board?

ALinChainz
08-22-2004, 03:04 PM
Though the sentiment on pre-season football is usually that the games don't really count, last years Super Bowl teams were a combined 8-0 in the pre-season and the SB participants are something like 36-12 (there abouts) over the last 6 seasons.

Does put a little significance in it, although it is really to sharpen starters and evaluate back-ups.

POJO_Risin
08-22-2004, 04:10 PM
LMFAO...I've never given two shits about the pre-season...

I watch the first quarter...for the complete set of starters...

and the 2nd quarter...for the players mixing with the starters...

and the last pre game...to see the starters perform with both QB's...

I also love watching the defensed throughout the game...

a solid defensive matchup from beginning to end is key...because it shows depth where you need it most...

So I don't mind seeing a shellacking...and more importantly...a defensive stop...

Va Beach VH Fan
08-22-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Lou
Fine you wanna go there with the Phillies (who I think have among the worst management in sports), those Pirates have done alot since Bonds departed.

Just curious Lou, what's the Phillies' payroll this year ???

Whatever it is, it's probably double what the Pirates' is, so you guys are probably WAY ahead in the NL East, right ???....

Lemme check out the standings one time, I say (gotta throw in the DLR reference :D ).....

Hmmm....

What a shocker, the Phils are 61-62.... Isn't that one game UNDER .500 ??

While the lowly Pirates are 58-65, with half the payroll.....

And if you're curious about head-to-head, the Bucs have taken 2 out of 3 so far.....

So the point is, you do the best with what you have...

Or maybe not, as in the Phillies' case....

Lou
08-22-2004, 06:24 PM
That's great...

cept I'm not a Pirate fan...

Jesus Christ Lou...are you new to this board?

Fine, who are you a fan of in all the major sports?

POJO_Risin
08-22-2004, 06:34 PM
What makes a difference...Lou...my friend...I'm not going to spell everything out for you...you're the damn mod of this forum for fuck sake...

my goddamn forum...don't you pay fucking attention?

If you can't figure out who my favorite goddamn baseball team is...lmfao...then your head is up your preverbial ass...

I'll leave you with the Steelers as my favorite football team...and the Cavs as my favorite basketball team...

as they've been since I've been knee high to a grasshopper...

of course if you were actually paying attention to your own forum...you would have known that...

but jesus christ...every member of this freakin' site who has a pulse...or...better yet...who PLAYS IN THE DAMN FANTASY BASEBALL LEAGUE...lmfao...knows who my favorite baseball team...

you're apparently going to have to work on that one...

and bro...

when I post a thread about Jim Thome sucking dick...you oughta be able to put the pieces together...

POJO_Risin
08-22-2004, 06:35 PM
Va...how do I hire these people...;)

POJO_Risin
08-22-2004, 06:36 PM
Lou...you have personality my friend...but jesus christ...you dropped the damn ball on this one...

Lou
08-22-2004, 07:24 PM
OK yeah I spaced out, it's the Indians. So why are you a Stillers fan and not a Browns fan?

POJO_Risin
08-22-2004, 07:44 PM
Because I absolutely despise the Browns...

my formative years were watching the Browns face off with Brian Sipe...and Sam Rutigliano...single handedly throwing away a chance at the Super Bowl by choosing not to kick a damn field goal...

so it was cold...quit whining...it's the fucking NFL...

they fucking blew that...

that specifically made me despise them (there's a little more to that story...but don't feel like posting it)...

Been a Steeler fan ever since...

POJO_Risin
08-22-2004, 07:45 PM
Took a monster amount of joy in seeing the Broncos bitch out the Browns in the later 80's...

Took great pride in wearing my Steeler stuff to the stadium...and get pelted by shit...

Took wonderful joy in the pain of the Browns fans when the Browns left...then came back...then watched Couch suck...

Took great pain in watching Modell win a title...in Baltimore...

he's an asshole...and I hate the fucker...but lmfao...talk about a craw in the side of Browns fans...

Va Beach VH Fan
08-22-2004, 08:22 PM
Va...how do I hire these people...;)

Two words....

1) Barley
2) Hops

;)

POJO_Risin
08-22-2004, 08:27 PM
And that...my friend...is the truth...

fenway5150
08-26-2004, 07:07 PM
I love The Steelers....have been a huge fan since 1980...but I don't have high expectations for this team. I hope I'm wrong.

Snoo
08-26-2004, 08:52 PM
Don't worry. Now the NFL is like 1997 WWF. "Anything...can happen!"

Va Beach VH Fan
08-27-2004, 09:05 AM
First team looked pretty good again, in beating Lou's Eagles, 27-21....

Continue to be impressed with the running game, both from Duce and the Bus....

The defensive pressure, or lack thereof, still concerns me... They just aren't hitting the QB like they used to.... And when they did get a hold of McNabb, he escaped.....

POJO_Risin
08-27-2004, 06:39 PM
Fuck Duce and the Bus...how about the continued finds of the steelers with Parker from UNC...

I know it's against 2nd team defenses...but you gotta like the kid's ability...

ALinChainz
08-27-2004, 10:08 PM
Steelers release six players

August 27, 2004

PITTSBURGH (AP) -- The Pittsburgh Steelers released six players on Friday, bringing the team closer to its roster limit.

The Steelers released defensive lineman Anthony Herron, offensive tackle Morgan Pears, fullback Darryl Kennedy, linebacker Nick McNeil, offensive guard Josh Parrish, and safety Janssen Patton.

The cuts leave the Steelers with 78 players on the roster, which must be cut to 71 by Tuesday.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-steelersmoves&prov=ap&type=lgns

POJO_Risin
08-28-2004, 12:40 PM
The interesting Cuts will be when they get down to 60...

I can't wait to see which bignames don't make the roster this year...and end up playing for Miami...

Va Beach VH Fan
08-28-2004, 03:37 PM
Yeah, the RB situation is really getting muddled....

All 3 backups have made their case to make the team, although not much from Haynes....

Gonna be tough to cut either Brown or Parker, 'cause you know they'll be snatched up by someone....

POJO_Risin
08-28-2004, 03:45 PM
It will be interesting...

every year it seems Pittsburgh uncovers somebody...but at some point...after watching these "somebody's" die a miserable death with someone else...you have to give credit to Pittsburgh's philosophy...

Va Beach VH Fan
09-05-2004, 04:29 PM
Final cuts... Dante Brown is the odd one out at RB....

Steelers Finalize Roster for 2004 Season, Release 10

The Steelers put the finishing touches on their final roster entering the 2004 season by releasing 10 players to reach the NFL-mandated 53-player limit.

Among the players released were four veterans, two one-year players and four rookies. Released were six-year veteran linebacker Adrian Ross, five-year nose tackle Kendrick Clancy, second-year running Dante Brown and second-year safety Russell Stuvaints; one-year placekicker Rob Bironas and one-year fullback J.T. Wall; and rookie offensive lineman Drew Caylor, offensive tackle Bo Lacy, linebacker Dedrick Roper, defensive end Eric Taylor.

Following is a positional breakdown of the Steelers’ final roster: quarterbacks (3), running backs (5), wide receivers (5), tight ends (4), offensive line (9), defensive line (6), linebackers (8), defensive backs (10), and specialists (3). Five rookies—four draft picks (out of eight) and one free agent—made the final roster.

The team will be able to sign eight players to their 2004 practice squad Monday, Sept. 6. The Steelers open the 2004 season at home this Sunday against AFC-rival Oakland Raiders at Heinz Field. Kickoff is 1 p.m. and is being broadcast by CBS’ top game crew of Jim Nantz, Phil Simms and Bonnie Bernstein.

POJO_Risin
09-05-2004, 04:57 PM
Wow...to bad for Brown...but fucking Parker came out of nowhere...

and no press for him here in Raleigh either...

I do like their RB corp though...Parker is interesting...speed and surprising power in a N/S running game...

Va Beach VH Fan
09-05-2004, 06:25 PM
I think they can say goodbye to Brown....

They were lucky to get him back after a good preseason LAST year....

He's gone this time....

POJO_Risin
09-05-2004, 06:42 PM
Oh...no doubt...I'm sure there are some sharks in Miami...just looking for guys like Brown...

POJO_Risin
09-05-2004, 06:44 PM
I like Hayes...and Parker is interesting...good backups...gotta love how Pittsburgh smells out these good young backs..

SRK
09-19-2004, 01:35 AM
Hey is everyone ready for the big game tomorrow? The ravens are unusually silent as far as the trash talk .Maybe that whippin the clowns gave them ,kinda woke them up.......yea to the fact that they suck and better keep their mouths shut because blitzburgh is back baby!!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS !!! HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!

Va Beach VH Fan
09-19-2004, 09:34 AM
The running game is the key, on both sides of the ball...

For the Ravens, that's obvious... If Lewis has a good game, they'll have a good chance to win....

But for P-Burgh, I think it's not only Duce, but Kreider.... If he can do the good blocking job he usually does on Ray Lewis, that should spring some holes for Duce....

Also, watch for Plaxico.... I think they might take advantage of the new rules to either get more penalties against the overly-aggressive Chris McCalister and/or get Plax loose for some big gains....

I see the Steelers winning this one (big surprise huh)....

Lewis rarely has had much success against them, and I don't see it starting today....

Steelers 24, Ravens 16.....

Lou
09-19-2004, 02:55 PM
You know I'm watching this Pixburgh game (since basically the Stillers are the AFC game here every week) and I can't believe how bad Tommy Maddox really is. I guess that's why Bill Cowher continues to run the ball down 13-0 in the 3rd quarter, because his QB sucks.

Lou
09-19-2004, 02:56 PM
And another thing, Duce Staley was really good in his role with the Eagles. He is a master at getting the really crucial yardage. But he's not an every down back and too bad Stillers management doesn't realize that. He's also not worth $4M a year or whatever he's making.

Lou
09-19-2004, 03:10 PM
OK, now down 20-0 midway through the 3rd quarter, Cowher puts in Roethlisberger and they proceed to....run the ball 5 straight times and punt. That's some brilliant coaching there. Not even ONE pass attempt, down 20-0, with a new QB. What was the point of putting the new QB in?

Va Beach VH Fan
09-20-2004, 07:56 PM
Lou, do you really try to be this clueless ???

Jesus Christ, Maddox nearly got his elbow yanked out of his socket... It wasn't like Cowher "put" Roeth in there, it was out of necessity....

BTW, Maddox is out a minimum of 6 weeks... I'd bet it's at least 8 weeks, they're saying the Docs don't even want him throwing for 6 weeks....

But back to Roeth...

You can't question the play calling, at least when Roeth first got in there, you had to give him a few plays to get his feet wet....

I bet he does a respectable job Sunday in Miami.....

Now back to the rest of that fiasco yesterday....

Two main bitches for me, the play calling and the defense....

Anyone who knows football (even Lou) knows that Baltimore is an overly-agressive defense.... They're going to be blitzing, or close to it, nearly every play....

So, you've got to realize that right off of the bat, combat that agressiveness, and call plays that burn them for playing that way !!!

What plays do that (I know you're asking that question Lou) ?? I'd be happy to oblige....

I saw one screen pass, ONE FUCKING SCREEN PASS....

Where were the quick slants ???

Where were the pitchouts ???

Where were the draws ???

And on the other side of the ball...

Ya know, for as much press as this linebacking corps gets, you'd think they could tackle for a shit, but I guess I'm mistaken....

Arm tackle, another arm tackle, yet another arm tackle....

So this, much earlier than expected, is the coronation for Big Ben.... Even considering the consequences, I'm really looking forward to seeing him these next several weeks.....

Lou
09-21-2004, 12:40 AM
Yeah I'm clueless, whatever.

You know if you're down 20-0 in the 3rd quarter and you have to bring a new QB in, do you want to walk on eggshells with your QB or do you want to try to get back in the game? No time to dick around and try to "break him in"--you gotta start passing and throwing the kid into the fire. He couldn't do any WORSE than Maddox, that's for sure.

That being said that was a nice pass to Ward in the end zone, and Stillers fans should be very thankful Tommy Maddox got hurt, to get the kid experience right now so he'll be better prepped for next year when he takes over as the full-time starter.

Anyway I'm still going with a 5-11 record for the Stillers. Struggled at home to beat a bad Oakland team and got beat pretty good when they had to play a decent team.

POJO_Risin
09-21-2004, 12:49 AM
Well...I actually agree with Mr. Clueless...

fuck getting his feet wet...

that being said...

I agree with Va...

jesus...hell is freezing over...

in all his assessments with how they handled the Baltimore defense...

I do agree that Staley isn't an everydown back...but they certainly don't have another option...and there are plenty of other teams with much...much less...

5-11? No fucking way...although if they play like they did yesterday...against that anemic offense...well...

they may not even win 5...

Philly looks damn ass good...I'll give you that...

TO has changed that team...completely...if they aren't the favorite...well...I don't know who is...

Va Beach VH Fan
09-21-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Lou
You know if you're down 20-0 in the 3rd quarter and you have to bring a new QB in, do you want to walk on eggshells with your QB or do you want to try to get back in the game? No time to dick around and try to "break him in"--you gotta start passing and throwing the kid into the fire. He couldn't do any WORSE than Maddox, that's for sure.

You're freaking out about the first set of downs that the guy got in there, totally cold....

You just can't expect the guy to be winging it like Marino right off of the bat....

Yes, I'll concur that he definitely looked nervous, tentative, and babied his passes....

But if you noticed, if it wasn't for that all-talk defense that I mentioned before, they were one score away from tying it, with Roeth leading the way...

ALinChainz
09-21-2004, 11:33 PM
Dude's a rookie too. Had that been a veteran QB, they may have tried to pass. But this is a rookie getting his FIRST snaps. In my opinion, he is looking like the next QB in the 'Burgh for at least the next 10 years.

That being said, I would like to try and say ... with a straight face ... that I'm sorry Charlie Batch wasn't available for you.

Oh man, LMAO ... I hated him when he was with the Lions, and they loved him when they drafted him.

Lou
09-22-2004, 12:24 AM
I'm not indicting the QB, I'm indicting your brilliant head coach Bill Cowher. Even before Maddox had to leave, they were down 13-0 in the 3rd quarter and just kept running the ball.

New England is still the favorite in my opinion to win the SB. Hard to argue with 17 straight wins.

ALinChainz
09-22-2004, 03:09 PM
Steelers: O'Donnell turns down offer

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Wednesday, September 22, 2004

News
Quarterback Neil O'Donnell, who came out of retirement to start a game for the Titans last season, turned down an offer to rejoin the Steelers. O'Donnell, who currently works for WTVF-5 in Nashville, reported on air Tuesday that Steelers coach Bill Cowher had called him twice about returning to Pittsburgh, where he played from 1990 to 1995.

Views
The Steelers are in need of quarterback depth after losing Tommy Maddox to an elbow injury for at least the next six weeks. Unable to woo O'Donnell, the Steelers added journeyman Mike Quinn to their practice squad Tuesday night.

Va Beach VH Fan
09-22-2004, 07:16 PM
Yeah, I saw that Al....

Somewhere in this world, Larry Brown got a huge woody..... ;)

Va Beach VH Fan
09-27-2004, 08:06 PM
Aaah well, you know what they say, a win is a win....

Horrible conditions for most of the game...

But you know what they also say, both teams had to play in it...

Pretty nice performance for ROeTH.... ;) ....

I like the guy's composure, and I really like the touch he puts on the ball...

He's still babying some passes though.... That long pass to Plaxico was 6 points if he hadn't short-armed it....

The defense was hitting harder than in any Steeler game I've seen in a long time.... There was a dozen or so SERIOUS hits....

Running game for most of the night was decent.... I thought that Verron Haynes was the best runner in the mud....

Like I said, good win, now back home for 2 vs. the Bengals and Brownies....

POJO_Risin
09-27-2004, 10:24 PM
Well...Haynes looking good last night is a damn good thing...

If you make Bettis the third rusher...or even have Haynes for first and second downs...Bettis for short yard downs...and Staley for passing situations...and spot run downs...you've got a decent rotation...similar to the rotation last year...

POJO_Risin
09-27-2004, 10:25 PM
Roeth looked damn good last night considering...

he was the ONLY consistent player last night...period...

POJO_Risin
10-01-2004, 12:48 PM
More bad luck for Steelers Offensive lineman...

first the wrestler...wtf was his name? Webster...now this...

maybe it's something in the water...

Former Steelers OL Strzelczyk dies after chase, fiery crash
Sept. 30, 2004
SportsLine.com wire reports

HERKIMER, N.Y. -- Justin Strzelczyk, a former player for the Pittsburgh Steelers, died Thursday in a fiery head-on collision with a tanker truck after he led state troopers on a 40-mile highway chase during morning rush hour.

Justin Strzelczyk is remembered by the Steelers as a 'good guy.'(AP)
Strzelczyk, 36, was an offensive lineman with the Steelers for nearly a decade until the team released him in February 2000.

State police said Strzelczyk crashed his pickup truck into the westbound empty tanker just moments after swerving around a tractor-trailer that pulled across the highway to block the eastbound lanes. Strzelczyk drove 15 miles on three tires and a rim after one of his pickup's tires was punctured by metal spikes thrown into the road by troopers.

"It could have been so much worse. We're fortunate that only one person died," said Trooper Jim Simpson, a state police spokesman. "It looked like an airplane crash. There was quite a lot of diesel fuel spilled that was burning. The pickup was almost unrecognizable."

Strzelczyk, who lived in McCandless, Pa., near Pittsburgh, had been involved in another minor accident about an hour earlier just west of Syracuse, which started the bizarre turn of events, Simpson said.

The hit-and-run occurred about 7:20 a.m. and state police put out an alert for Strzelczyk's pickup. Troopers spotted him about 40 minutes later still heading east on the thruway.

A second unit tried to stop the pickup by booby-trapping the road with the "stop sticks," but Strzelczyk just kept on going. The pickup was clocked at 88 mph, Simpson said.

"He was going down the road, flipping off the troopers. He even threw a beer bottle at them," Simpson said.

A trucker saw the chase and pulled his rig across the road. Instead of stopping, the pickup drove across the grass median into the westbound lanes and traveled about three miles in the wrong direction before the deadly crash.

The collision with the tanker occurred about 8:15 a.m., when the highway was busy with morning commuters and travelers.

Police identified the driver of the tanker as Harold Jackson, 60, from Bowman, S.C. He was treated at a hospital for minor injuries and released. No one else was hurt.

Mary Joyce Strzelczyk, of West Seneca, N.Y., said she suspected her son may have been suffering from an untreated mental or emotional disorder.

Va Beach VH Fan
10-01-2004, 09:06 PM
Yeah, tragic...

From what I've been reading, the guy was always, shall we say, a couple sandwiches short of a picnic....

Which I guess is great for a NFL offensive lineman....

And how about the gonads on that trucker ???

POJO_Risin
10-01-2004, 11:52 PM
Yeah Va...no shit...

What was the name of the crazy ass former wrestler that...well...was crazy...

WARF
10-03-2004, 03:43 AM
I had club seats for the Dolphins/Steelers game.

My best friend is a steelers fan... and we had to stay down in Miami over night... because there was a curfew to get back into Palm Beach County after 10 PM.

There was thousands of people wearin' "FUCK YOU RICKY" shirts... it was awesome... I can't wait for my team... the NY JETS to fuckin' dismantle what very little left they have!

Va Beach VH Fan
10-03-2004, 07:52 AM
ROeTH's first home game today vs. the Bungles....

I foresee Mr. Palmer having a very long day....

Duce should have a good game as well vs. that run defense....

Kendrell Bell's out again....

Fucker hasn't played since the Millard Fillmore administration....

And Larry Foote has played just as well, if not better in his place....

And this is a contract year for both Bell and Plaxico, who has all of 5 catches in 3 games...

In Plax's defense, they've been double teaming him all year long, hence the great year that Hines has been having....

POJO_Risin
10-03-2004, 10:16 AM
Couple of things about Plax...

1. He's blocking this year...not that he hasn't in the past...but you can see him doing some things other than catch the ball...

2. 2 years ago...he had a similar start...ended up with over a grand receiving...

I don't know what the real Plax is...but...I do know that he can play...maybe just not for Pittsburgh...I'd like to see them get something for him though...

Bell...frustrating...and it seems like he's hurt a lot...but up until this injury...he's only missed 4 games...same deal a couple of years ago...missed the beginning of the season...

Man...Foote and Bell on that corp would be something...but for now...Bell's out...so be it...

Foote's solid...but imagine what Bell could do roving like he does in this zone blitz package...

POJO_Risin
10-03-2004, 10:19 AM
I like Foote a lot...he's a great looking linebacker...

Foote's equally good against the run...but I don't think he has the ability to sack the qb...

Bell can line up as a downlineman...and can naturally rove...which would fit very...very well into this style of defense...

Bell is the rare inside linebacker that can stop the run...as well as pressure the qb with penetration...

POJO_Risin
10-03-2004, 10:27 AM
Plus...Foote is from freakin' Michigan...the rat bastard that he is...

Va Beach VH Fan
10-03-2004, 07:30 PM
Well, another one that they should have put away early and hold on for dear life....

ROeTH continues to impress....

That prediction I made about Cowher throwing Tommy back in there is getting harder to believe, and that's a good thing.....

And Chris Hope is turning into Donnie Shell...

Two weeks in a row with crushing (but clean) hits.....

Play of the game ?? Easily, Polamalu's INT for the TD.... What a great run.....

Soooooo, 3-1, heading into next week's home game vs. the Brownies, who I correctly predicted would beat the Deadskins, coached by the legendary Joe Gibbs.....

POJO_Risin
10-03-2004, 07:36 PM
Yes Va...come to the dark side...Maddox sucks...and your homework is to say it 50 times tonight so that you honestly believe it...

The Browns...whom you correctly predicted would beat the Skins...are going to get the asses handed to them next week...although I'd feel better if Couch were starting...;) Where is he again?

Do you think Cleveland would like Roeth?

Don't get me started on Gibbs...as soon as he figures out the cap scale...the Skins will win...

of course...coaches have nothing to do with it...just the players...

POJO_Risin
10-03-2004, 07:37 PM
Va...I love you man...but we have this reporter for this rag down here...and you sound just like him when you post sometimes...lmfao...

it cracks my ass up...

I'll get his last article...and put in some shit he says...and you'll see what I mean...;)

Va Beach VH Fan
10-04-2004, 08:16 PM
You know, I could always be emailing those columns in there.... ;)

Lou
10-04-2004, 08:56 PM
Boy are you guys lucky that Tommy Maddox got injured. Because if he wasn't injured and was playing mediocre, he'd still be playing.

ALinChainz
10-04-2004, 09:27 PM
Plus...Foote is from freakin' Michigan...the rat bastard that he is...

All over the league bro ...

You have to give props to Palomalou (sp?).

What an interception and runback.

POJO_Risin
10-05-2004, 12:37 AM
You know, I could always be emailing those columns in there.... ;)

Dude...I would piss my pants laughing if that were the case...

I shit you not...the guy had a running commentary for weeks when I first moved here about the strike zone for the Braves pitchers...

now modified to Maddux for the Cubs...and his ongoing conspiracy theory that MLB wants him to win 400 games...lmfao...

Seriously though...if you read this guys shit...YOU would want to punch him in the face...he's such a conceited prick...

and no Va...THAT'S not the part that I think you have in similarity with him...

just some of his takes are the same as yours...

but I was reading his article the other day...and he always says shit like this...

"Remember, I picked Ichiro to break the hits record, which I told a lady friend of mine at the beginning of the year..."

He always says shit like that...and I just want to pop him in the head for fucking lying...the motherfucker...

POJO_Risin
10-05-2004, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Lou
Boy are you guys lucky that Tommy Maddox got injured. Because if he wasn't injured and was playing mediocre, he'd still be playing.

1. I agree with you 100% about what would happen if Maddox wasn't hurt...

2. You could say the Eagles are lucky that the NFL fucking gifted Philly TO...and succombed to his agents fucking bonehead mistake...with him...they are far and away the best team right now...without him...another Championship loss waiting to happen...

That being said...Philly looks good...really good...and I'm actually impressed with McNabb right now. Yeah...it took TO to make him look like a fantastic West Coast QB...but...even so...that team looks damn good on both sides of the ball...although I think you can beat them deep...

POJO_Risin
10-05-2004, 12:41 AM
If Troy steps up his game...and continues to improve the way he's done this year...

That Defense will be one tough motherfucker with their helterskelter defense...and Zone Blitzing...

Lou
10-05-2004, 04:58 PM
The Eagles aren't lucky, TO had a clause in his contract that trumped whatever the rule was, and the NFL was pretty damn afraid that by leaving it up to the arbitrator it was gonna open a big can of worms.

Va Beach VH Fan
10-05-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Lou

Your prediction ain't looking too good Louie..... ;)

POJO_Risin
10-06-2004, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by Lou
The Eagles aren't lucky, TO had a clause in his contract that trumped whatever the rule was, and the NFL was pretty damn afraid that by leaving it up to the arbitrator it was gonna open a big can of worms.

That's utter horseshit...

the clause was trumped by an idiot agent that let the fucking contract lapse...voiding the clause...and bro...there isn't a clause in a contract in the game of football that can overturn the very contract that lapsed...

but the arbitrator could have still opened up a big can of worms...which the NFL wanted to avoid...

It was a horseshit rule...

And for you to say that the Eagles can't fucking count their goddamned chickens every day that they got TO is just plain idiotic...because the arbitrator could have very well ruled the other way...

they didn't...TO's an Eagle...and now you actually have a shot at a ring...

Jesus Christ man...are Philly fans that fucking ignorant...that they can't count their goddamned blessings?

Must be resting on all those past Super Bowl victories...;)

POJO_Risin
10-06-2004, 03:51 AM
Lou was dead on...what did he say...5 wins?

It could still happen...

maybe there's a clause in the Steeler's contract...;)

POJO_Risin
10-31-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Lou

I hope you took the over...

POJO_Risin
10-31-2004, 05:26 PM
Steelers up 21-3...

now Pittsburgh needs to just add the damn nail in the coffin to their game...

POJO_Risin
10-31-2004, 05:27 PM
And Philly next week...

POJO_Risin
10-31-2004, 05:43 PM
Looks like all of the division leaders in my division win again...

fucking hell...I can't get away from these fuckers...

POJO_Risin
10-31-2004, 05:44 PM
This is the shit that pisses me off...the fucking let New England march right down the damn field...

POJO_Risin
10-31-2004, 05:47 PM
Damn it...New England TD...Pittsburgh's only up 2 TD's...I say only...but I'm sick of watching Pittsburgh play well...then fucking coast...no killer instinct whatsoever...

POJO_Risin
10-31-2004, 05:48 PM
Damn...Randal-El nearly broke that...34 seconds left...plenty of time to do something...

POJO_Risin
10-31-2004, 05:52 PM
Alright...Pittsburgh could get a field goal here...that would be sweet indeed...one more play...9 seconds to go...here we go...

Flag...damn it...holding...motherfuckers...

Va Beach VH Fan
10-31-2004, 08:06 PM
That was one damn impressive win, sports fans...

While I think my prediction that Duce's running was still a big key, it was the defense's pressure of Brady that led to the big turnovers in the 1st half that was the turning point....

Porter's strip of the ball....

Townsend's INT for the TD.....

Once they got the big lead, yes Poj, I agree 100 percent that they were playing WAY too far off of the ball....It was only natural that it would only take about 7 or 8 of those and they'd be in scoring range again....

But, turned out it didn't make a difference, 'cause the Pats basically couldn't stop that offense.... The Duce/Bus combo was just fucking lethal....

I don't know how many more games it's going to take for ROeTH to be fully accredited.... The guy is just a fucking stud....

And fucking CBS needs to give the AFC package back to NBC.... They didn't switch to the game until 4:35 here, after they switched from the Indy game, after they switched from the Philly game....

Hey Lou, your team's next !!!!!

And that prediction is REALLY looking good !!!!

ODShowtime
11-01-2004, 07:49 PM
Go Steelers!

fenway5150
11-01-2004, 08:31 PM
I am so fired up right now....this team looks so good. They have improved so much defensively from the past two years, they have a quarterback who looks to be a winner for years to come, their running game is back to where it was three years ago. If they take out Philadelphia this weekend, the headlines will get that much bigger for the boys in black and gold!

POJO_Risin
11-03-2004, 02:35 AM
I'm not holding my breath about this game...this week...with Philly...

I'll talk after it...

I think it will be a good one though...

we'll just have to see...

as far as Roeth goes...I'll say this...5-0 is impressive...but I won't be sold on the kid until he performs in the playoffs...;)...

I've seen to much excellence in the regular season...only to have it explode in the playoffs...

although last week was as close as you get...

redblkwht
11-03-2004, 02:39 AM
Ben Lee Roethlisberger is the shit, im sorry i doubted this cat..
he is for real, what maddux wish he was, you have found
an incredible talent congrats, for years to come WOW.

Rikk
11-03-2004, 03:55 AM
Sunday was incredible. And hopefully this Sunday will be too. But win or lose, this Sunday will not decide the season or anything remotely like it.

But man, I'd love to see them make the most of their momentum like they ALMOST did in 2002.

Va Beach VH Fan
11-03-2004, 07:57 PM
Philly's a 1.5 point favorite....

I think T.O. is NOT going to be the key factor in the game, unless you're referring to a negative factor.... Sure, he'll get his 5-6 catches, maybe 60-70 yards, but he won't light them up like he did last year in Frisco....

I think the Stillers will be able to double team him, due to Westbrook still being banged up, Pinkston being banged up, and the Stillers just fucking mugging people against the run....

And once again, Duce is going a big factor.... He is going to be one pumped up motherfucker going against his former team....

And then there's ROeTH...

Nothing this guy does surprises me anymore....

I think Philly's pass defense is quite overrated, and when Philly puts 8 in the box just to stop Duce, Ben is going to pick them apart....

STILLERS 31, PHILLY 13 !!!!!!!

Snoo
11-04-2004, 11:14 AM
This, so far, has easily been the best-coached Steelers team since Cowher took over. Lebeau is still a genius. Whisenhunt knows how to win and not just think up crazy plays that work 30% of the time.

fenway5150
11-04-2004, 08:45 PM
It's the first since I've been a fan (1980) where I feel totally confident every time the quarterback steps back to pass, how 'bout you guys?

POJO_Risin
11-05-2004, 07:21 PM
Wow...a big win predicted by Va...

I will make no predictions...

I don't agree with his assessment...I think it will be closer...but we'll see...

I CAN see TO torching them....doubles or not...he gets doubled every week...by better corners...and if you think Pinkston is a reason to double him more...lmfao...then you must not have been watching Pinkston very much...

I think the Steeler O will be fine...

We'll see...

Va Beach VH Fan
11-05-2004, 07:37 PM
You don't agree with me just to spite me, dammit.... ;)

redblkwht
11-05-2004, 07:50 PM
Ill predict a steeler win, if they play like last week..
TO is the only thing you have to worry about.

POJO_Risin
11-05-2004, 11:53 PM
No Va...this time it's not that I DON'T AGREE with you...

I'm just staying quiet...for now...;)

redblkwht
11-06-2004, 12:46 AM
No Va...this time it's not that I DON'T AGREE with you...

I'm just staying quiet...for now...;) Im assuming your not gonna rock the charma boat bro..lol ;)
they will win, 1 weapon..westbrook is hurt, their gonna pound him in
the 1st quarter.

THE STEEL CURTAIN IS BACK!!!!!!

Va Beach VH Fan
11-06-2004, 08:43 AM
Westbrook is gonna play banged up, just like Pinkston....

A half-assed Westbrook will be damn lucky to get 50 yards rushing against that run defense....

POJO_Risin
11-06-2004, 02:57 PM
The Steel Curtain was always there...they just weren't coached appropriately...

Va Beach VH Fan
11-06-2004, 09:27 PM
Just saw that Duce has been downgraded to Questionable after he tweeked his hammy in practice Friday....

That may tweek the gameplan alright...

POJO_Risin
11-06-2004, 09:29 PM
You think they'll tweek the gameplan if their starting running back isn't playing?

No way...;)

Va Beach VH Fan
11-07-2004, 08:47 AM
Dammit... This could be a HUGE key....

'Cause Jerome is fine from the 1 yd. line, but he won't stack up well the entire game against their run defense....

But, at the same time, questionable means 50-50.... Maybe they're erring on the side of caution....

Va Beach VH Fan
11-07-2004, 11:56 AM
Duce is inactive....

Bettis will start, with Haynes getting a bunch of carries....

Let's just hope that Haynes gets the majority....

Lou
11-07-2004, 01:02 PM
Alright bring it on mofo's.

Lou
11-07-2004, 01:08 PM

Snoo
11-07-2004, 01:33 PM
Did they switch Dante Brown's number to 36? That can't be Jerome Bettis out there...

POJO_Risin
11-07-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Lou
Alright bring it on mofo's.

Huh?

What?

Man...I'm still wondering...are we gonna get the over on the 5 1/2?

Hmmmm....

Not even a game...

not even worth talking about...

any team that gives up 100 yards to Bettis...isn't even a contender...

POJO_Risin
11-07-2004, 05:30 PM
And you have to love the harmony on the sidelines...TO giving McNabb the business...

and this is only 1 loss....

bwahahhahahahahaha...

Pittsburgh is for real...sorry Lou...

Va Beach VH Fan
11-07-2004, 05:42 PM
How IS that prediction doing Lou ???

** cricket **

** cricket **

Va Beach VH Fan
11-07-2004, 05:48 PM
I am one bad MOFO....

I think T.O. is NOT going to be the key factor in the game, unless you're referring to a negative factor.... Sure, he'll get his 5-6 catches, maybe 60-70 yards, but he won't light them up like he did last year in Frisco...

7 catches, 53 yards, AND NO DANCING !!!!

I think Philly's pass defense is quite overrated, and when Philly puts 8 in the box just to stop Duce, Ben is going to pick them apart....

STILLERS 31, PHILLY 13 !!!!!!!

STILLERS 27, PHILLY 3 !!!!!

And could have been MUCH worse.....

POJO_Risin
11-07-2004, 05:52 PM
They scored 3...hmmm...didn't know that...lmfao...

Did you see Ward mocking TO?

lmfao...

Lou
11-07-2004, 07:43 PM
Well I didn't know that Maddox would be injured...boy are you SOOO lucky he did. I can't emphasize how lucky you are that Maddox got injured.

Anyway I would have rather lost to Dallas or the Giants than the Stillers but such is life. I will continue to root against you guys, don't worry.

POJO_Risin
11-07-2004, 07:50 PM
Feel free...

Know that TO will be rooting against you guys as well...of course...unless he's getting the damn ball...

it's good to have the new guy hammering the hell out of the QB...real good...quality stuff...

luck has nothing to do with it...

Roeth would have been starting by now...I said as much...he's just that damn good...

Va Beach VH Fan
11-07-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Lou
Well I didn't know that Maddox would be injured...boy are you SOOO lucky he did. I can't emphasize how lucky you are that Maddox got injured.

LOL, I'd prefer to use the phrase "A blessing in disguise"..... ;)

Lou
11-07-2004, 08:27 PM
I'm not denying that Roeth looks like one hell of a player, I just think Cowher would have been hard-headed and insisted on Maddox being in there. Let's say your team was 4-4 under Maddox...I bet he'd still be the starter.

HELLVIS
11-07-2004, 08:34 PM
They scored 3...hmmm...didn't know that...lmfao...

Did you see Ward mocking TO?

lmfao...

LMARTFO!!!!!
It's a beautiful thing!:D

HELLVIS
11-07-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Lou

Anyway I would have rather lost to Dallas or the Giants than the Stillers but such is life. I will continue to root against you guys, don't worry.

You must not have seen Big Ben at Oxford. He was a machine. He is a machine. AND, he'll just keep getting better. Oh, and poise with brains.
They knew Maddox's days were numbered, and had every intention of playing Ben. Remember, this isn't the first time he has beaten philly this year.:D

redblkwht
11-07-2004, 10:12 PM
Great game, great outcome..phuck TO & his big mouth.
Im glad they stopped his ass, he was indeed the only weapon
& i called it, never expected only 3 pts on philly..lol:)

fenway5150
11-08-2004, 05:07 PM
Wow....unbelievable. It just gets better with every week. First team ever to drop two 6-0 teams back to back and they did it in convincing fashion. I'm pleasantly shocked by this season so far.

Va Beach VH Fan
11-08-2004, 07:47 PM
The danger that they have to avoid now is reading their own press clippings, i.e., they're the best team in the NFL, etc.....

Not that I'm saying they're not, they're definitely among the top 3....

But the fact of the matter is that if they're not ready to play Sunday at Cleveland, they WILL lose to the Brownies....

And there is NOTHING that they would love more to do than to knock off Pittsburgh.....

fenway5150
11-08-2004, 09:27 PM
No doubt. That is, to me, the thing for them to focus on. If they do that, I can't see anything stopping them at this point.

Va Beach VH Fan
11-11-2004, 08:47 AM
The RB injuries are a concern now as well...

Although honestly, I'm not TOO concerned....

Even if Duce is inactive again, the Bus is good to go....

The Browns do have a better run defense though....

Haynes has a turf toe, and he's doubtful.... That opens the door for Willie Parker, who I think can fill in without a hitch....

But like I said, this is Cleveland-Pittsburgh, the records go out the window....

Dave's PA Rental
11-11-2004, 01:33 PM
I must say that I am very impressed by this Steeler team. Good defense, good O-line...Roth-Burger needs to get it done all year long before we crown him the next Tom Brady, though...;)

POJO_Risin
11-12-2004, 06:23 PM
Tom Brady is a product of the system...

Roeth may be a product of fantastic receivers...we'll see...

I like Willie Parker a lot...he may end up the starter at some point...he has the props...

I'm more worried about the game this week...then the games the past two...to be honest...

Va Beach VH Fan
11-12-2004, 07:08 PM
Aaah, leave it up to the stupidity of the Brownies to fire up the Steelers this week...

Hey Gerard, way to make sure the Steelers won't have a letdown !!!!

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7880766

Browns' Warren risks suspension after threat of roughness

When Cleveland Browns defensive tackle Gerard Warren told reporters he'd risk a fine to land a blow on Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's head Sunday the league office not only listened; it fired back with a warning.

Warren risks more than fine, it said. He risks a suspension, too.

According to a league spokesman, Art Shell, the league's senior vice president for football operations and development, notified Warren and the Browns on Friday that if Warren commits a flagrant foul -- especially after having said he might aim at Roethlisberger's head -- "it may be a decisive factor" supporting his suspension, "depending on the entire set of circumstances."

Cleveland and Pittsburgh play Sunday in Cleveland.

Warren, who didn't play when the Browns and Steelers met last month, said Thursday that the best way to stop Pittsburgh was to stop its quarterback and that the best way to stop Roethlisberger was with a forearm to the side of the head. Then he demonstrated by smashing his left forearm into the palm of his right hand.

"Kill the head, and the body's dead," he said. "You have to get to him and rattle him."

Warren is something of an authority on the subject. In the third game of his rookie season in 2001 he knocked former Jacksonville quarterback Mark Brunell out of a game with a shoulder to the chin. The hit on the Jaguars' quarterback, made after Brunell threw an interception, did not draw a penalty, but it did provoke the league to respond with a $35,000 fine.

Told he could incur a penalty again, perhaps as high as $50,000, Warren seemed unconcerned.

"It would be well worth it going across a quarterback's head," he said. "They're already overprotected in this league."

Stay tuned. The league office is.

POJO_Risin
11-12-2004, 07:33 PM
Nobody ever confused Warren with being smart...

let him go after Ben...

1. I think he can handle himself...

2. I wouldn't want to piss off the Steeler D for one...they actually have the guys to back up a statement like that...

3. I also wouldn't want to do anything around Roeth with freakin Faneca roaming around...he's a fucking monster...

Va Beach VH Fan
11-12-2004, 07:39 PM
Fucking idiot...

Now not only is P-Burgh not going to have a letdown, they're gonna punish those shittalkers....

Methinks Joey Porter is looking forward to this game....

Va Beach VH Fan
11-14-2004, 08:18 PM
Methinks Joey Porter is looking forward to this game....

So much for that prediction.... 99 percent of these pregame scrums are nothing but a bunch of shoving, but I guess in this series, all that goes out the window.... Supposedly Green tried to headbutt Porter and the spit was flying, so who the fuck knows....

As for the game itself, afterwards it kinda reminded me of a NJ Devils hockey game.... Boring as hell, stifling defense, doing just enough of what it takes to win the game.... Wait until they make a mistake, i.e. Garcia's fumble, and then take it home for the TD....

Yeah, it wasn't pretty, but I did like the fact that for the most part they didn't play down to the Browns....

So, it's 8-1 now and onto Cincy, where another potential "letdown game" will present itself.....

POJO_Risin
11-14-2004, 09:26 PM
No...I think your prediction was dead on...really fucking dead on...lmfao...

Cincy is playing well...and they have a good history against us...

I say no way though...

but we'll see...I'm cautiously optimistic...

aesop
11-22-2004, 03:02 AM
Good call, POJO. It looks like it may all come down to Dec 26th against the Ravens. God I hate those chumps.

Va Beach VH Fan
11-22-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by aesop
Good call, POJO. It looks like it may all come down to Dec 26th against the Ravens. God I hate those chumps.

And I will be there !!!!!

Gonna take my youngest boy to his 1st Stiller game while I'm up north for the holidays....

The tickets will be a pain in the ass, but I'm sure I'll be able to grab a couple for a decent price.....

aesop
11-25-2004, 09:49 PM
Good, we need the Steeler Nation well represented at ALL away games. I'm sure you'll be suprised at how many peeps will be there in Black and Gold!

Va Beach VH Fan
11-26-2004, 09:04 AM
It's a home game bro, I'm headed to PA for XMAS.... :D

But I know B'more has a big Steeler contingent as well....

aesop
11-26-2004, 09:21 AM
It's a home game bro, I'm headed to PA for XMAS.... :D

But I know B'more has a big Steeler contingent as well....

Opps, my bad. At home, eh? All the better. I'll be watching the game in Sharon, PA at the world famous Quaker Steak and Lube :bottle:

POJO_Risin
11-26-2004, 09:33 AM
Yo Aesop...I went to Slippery Rock my brother...spend many a day at that very Quaker Steak and Lube...

and the new one that they built in Erie as well...

POJO_Risin
11-26-2004, 09:35 AM
Staley is starting on Sunday...I'm curious to see how they shift both back to keep them fresh...

will they go back to the Staley for everything?

Or will Staley get two sets...Bettis one?

Or every other?

Should be interesting...I know Bettis is most effective when he gets the ball rolling...

Va Beach VH Fan
11-26-2004, 10:24 AM
I think Bettis will get a bit more than he was getting, pre-hammy injury....

Also depends on the game of course... If they're up a couple of TD's, I can see the Bus doing a lot more, to be on the safe side....

POJO_Risin
11-26-2004, 10:32 AM
So the question would be...who would Cowher try and save?

Staley...Bettis or both?

Do you think Bettis would come in with a lead?...or do you think that Haynes would come in saving both...

My guess here is that Cowher is going to do everything possible to make sure that both are healthy...

POJO_Risin
11-26-2004, 10:34 AM
Damn...Burress' stock is really rising...I was reading articles yesterday that Burress...right now...is higher than Harrison on many teams radars...including the Colts...

Va Beach VH Fan
11-26-2004, 10:38 AM
I think most definitely he would protect Staley's hammy.... Bettis' knee is just a nagging injury, not serious at all.... So yeah, if they get a decent lead, I'd look for Bettis/Haynes to share the load, and Staley to put on his baseball hat....

I can't see Burress being about Harrison.... Harrison is just too steady, too consistent.... He doesn't have those games like Burress does every so often, where he drops a couple of balls and spaces out....

POJO_Risin
11-26-2004, 10:45 AM
No Va...but he has proven under the right circumstances...and more importantly...with the right QB...he can be a gamebreaker...

and Va...he has one thing that Harrison doesn't...youth...

If Pittsburgh doesn't sign him now...he's a goner...

and say what you want about him...but Plax's deep threat makes a lot of that offense more successful...

I think they should have dealt him in the offseason...but...they didn't...and you don't mess with success...

Randal El is a great slot guy...but he's not the presence that Burress OR Ward is...

Pittsburgh is in a world of hurt...

Burress, Ward, Bell (although that might be a non-issue) and Vincent all free agents...

that's a lot of cash right there...

Va Beach VH Fan
11-26-2004, 10:55 AM
Ward's not a free agent until after next year, they've already said he's top priority going into the offseason....

I agree that Burress is starting to concern me, although I think they can sign both WR's....

Let's not forget, they can make Burress the franchise player and sign him for a year... They just would have to pay him the average of the top 5 WR's next year.... I think he'd get that money anyway via free agency....

I think Hartings will be gone, he makes a pretty penny....

I think the same is true for Scott (good riddance).....

I also think that Bell can be resigned at a substantial discount now that he's a walking pulled muscle....

And, even though he's proven a lot of people wrong this year, I think this is it for Bettis....

POJO_Risin
11-26-2004, 10:56 AM
Well...maybe a sign of the future this weekend...with Burress on the bench...

POJO_Risin
11-26-2004, 11:00 AM
Here's the thing...yeah...you can franchise Burress...and I suspect they might...

but to sign the guy longterm...you're looking at signing bonuses up to 10 million clams...

and you know WARD is looking for the same thing...and there's no way you can give 2 guys a 10 million dollar bonus without shafting your cap space for years...

Va Beach VH Fan
11-26-2004, 11:03 AM
Stranger things have happened....

You know how they shuffle contracts in the offseason to get under the cap....

POJO_Risin
11-26-2004, 11:03 AM
I think Burress...off of this season...would easily get that money...

IF the rumors are true...and the Colts are looking at him instead of Harrison (although this would be a good Plax ploy to run up the #'s)...then he'll be making some cash...no doubt about it...

Hartings is the kind of guy you love to have...but with some good scouting...can be replaced for half the cost...the Steelers are good at doing it...although I'm sick of them playing with the line...

We agree on Scott...and I think so does Pittsburgh...

Bell/Discount...well...we'll see...

I don't mind Bettis on the bench...obviously he's done...but he may want to stay at a significant discount...unless someone calls and says...you can start...and I just can't see that happening...

Va Beach VH Fan
11-26-2004, 11:06 AM
Bettis already took a big discount this year....

After his performance this year, I don't see him doing it again....

Harrison isn't that much older than Burress, is he ??

POJO_Risin
11-26-2004, 11:14 AM
I think he's been around longer than Burress...

Burress is in his fifth year...

I've gotta thing that Harrison is 30 years old...at least...

POJO_Risin
11-26-2004, 11:15 AM
kinda funny when you look at Rice...

POJO_Risin
11-26-2004, 11:16 AM
Harrison's 32...Plax has to be at least 6 years younger than him...

aesop
11-26-2004, 11:18 AM
Jerome's been loyal to Pittsburgh in his career to a level seldome seen in pro-sports anymore. He'll never forget that they gave him an opportunity after the Rams thought he was done. Unbeleivable. The only other sports figure that comes to mind is Super Mario, another Pittsburgher, as far as players being loyal beyond what is typical.

No matter what happens after this year, just remember, we couldn't have gone to the Super Bowl this year without him. Another Steeler headed for Canton OH. Gotta love it!

POJO_Risin
11-26-2004, 11:27 AM
It's amazing when you think about it...Bettis for the Rams...and he had one subpar year...ie...one year where he was being underutilized...

to get a 27 year old running back...who'd been to the probowl many 3 times...who had 1 bad year...for what...a 2nd or 3rd rounder...

amazing...a perfect fit for Pittsburgh...

similar to when they signed Ernest Jackson many years ago...for a 2nd rounder...I think from the Eagles...or the Chargers...

aesop
11-26-2004, 11:35 AM
It's amazing when you think about it...Bettis for the Rams...and he had one subpar year...ie...one year where he was being underutilized...

to get a 27 year old running back...who'd been to the probowl many 3 times...who had 1 bad year...for what...a 2nd or 3rd rounder...

amazing...a perfect fit for Pittsburgh...

similar to when they signed Ernest Jackson many years ago...for a 2nd rounder...I think from the Eagles...or the Chargers...

And similar to Duce. The Rooneys know how to pick up other's scraps better than anyone in the leauge.

Ben will be the same way. Getting him at 11 instead of panicking and giving away the farm to trade up: Brilliant! :gulp:

POJO_Risin
11-26-2004, 11:44 AM
Well...I don't think Pittsburgh even had Roethlisberger on their radar...he was the number 1 rated QB in the draft...before the name of Manning took over...

then the question came to the number 2 QB...

and San Diego's pick...

they had no interest in Roethlisberger...or Manning...Shott coached the Senior Bowl last year...and fell in love with Rivers...

now Cowher also coveted Rivers...but I really only think because they thought Roethlisberger would be off the board...

Ben's only downfall going in was he'd only started 4 years...

he has a good arm...great size...decent movement...a good release...just not the experience...

Well...now he's 8-0 as a starter...so I'd say he's got the experience now...

Va Beach VH Fan
11-26-2004, 05:03 PM
Have to agree with that....

They would have taken Rivers had he been there....

And they preferred him as well....

POJO_Risin
11-26-2004, 05:09 PM
Honest to christ though Va...aside from the obvious NC State deal...

I don't think they thought in a million years Roeth would be there...not even part of the equation...

The Rivers bonanza began with about a week to go before the draft...

then I thought Pittsburgh did some scramblin' to see if Roeth was the real deal...

Va Beach VH Fan
12-05-2004, 10:40 AM
The Jags game scares the hell out of me....

Pumped up crowd in Fla., national TV, realistically the Jags last chance for a playoff berth....

Plax is gonna be a gametime decision.... I believe that he WON'T play, Cowher nearly downgraded him to doubtful on Friday, but didn't....

Duce is definitely starting, and they'll need him, to get to the outside on their good D-line.....

4 former Steelers in the Jags lineup.... Dwayne (burnt toast) Washington, Troy (stone hands) Edwards, Jason (lost a couple of steps) Gildon, and Fuuuuuuuuuuuu......

POJO_Risin
12-05-2004, 02:19 PM
And of course...the interesting stat...

The Jags are 3-0 in prime time games against the Steelers...

and this Jags team is good...inconsistent...but good...

and...

FUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

aesop
12-05-2004, 03:13 PM
Who's calling the game? It's always interesting listening to people butchering Fu's name.

"Fua....Fuammma...Mallaffico...Oh Fuck it! That long-haired Simoan..."

POJO_Risin
12-05-2004, 04:21 PM
What the hell is it...

Fuamata Ma'afala?

Or some shit like that...lmfao...

I still don't know if Cope knows it...lmfao...

MAX
12-05-2004, 11:43 PM
Man Oh man Pojo,

Did your boys just squeak out of that one!!!!

That Jax kicker almost made it!!!

WHEW!!!

Congrats man!!!

aesop
12-05-2004, 11:44 PM
Holy hell...Are you kidding me?!? What a friggin' football game. Ben IS THE REAL DEAL!!!!! What a game. NFL Smackdown. Man there will be some bruised individuals tomorrow...

Hopefully that was Pittsburgh's 'lucky' game for season...It could've went either way.

MAX
12-05-2004, 11:55 PM
It was one hell of a football game. No fucking doubt about it.

Rikk
12-06-2004, 12:17 AM
And of course another one I couldn't watch in Toronto. Fuckin' hell.

Just knowing the score and seeing the highlights isn't always enough, though it's good to know they won.

POJO_Risin
12-06-2004, 12:43 AM
It was a bruising game hombre...to say the least...

that 60 yard attempt was damn fucking close...but what can you say...

Pittsburgh beats a good Jax team...for the first time in prime time...

a good win...

I was expecting exactly what they got...Jax always gets up for them...

old division rivals...

Rikk
12-06-2004, 12:45 AM
So, is that it? Are they statistical definites now?

POJO_Risin
12-06-2004, 12:48 AM
statistical Definites?

lmfao...wtf are you talking about?

Rikk
12-06-2004, 12:50 AM
statistical Definites?

lmfao...wtf are you talking about?

Just for argument's sake, there is no way they miss playoffs now?

POJO_Risin
12-06-2004, 12:56 AM
Ahhh...

I'm relatively sure it's a lock now...haven't looked...but...Baltimore is 7-5...so if they win out...puts them at 11-5....

Pittsburgh can still finish 11-5...so Balt can still win the division...but the next Pitts win...or Balt loss...locks the division...

as for the rest...I'm sure this game locked a playoff slot...not 100%...but pretty close...

MAX
12-06-2004, 01:21 AM
as for the rest...I'm sure this game locked a playoff slot...not 100%...but pretty close...

You guys are there Poj. :)

Now it's battling for positions in the playoffs but barring a major catastrophe, both you and the Pats are there.

Va Beach VH Fan
12-06-2004, 08:46 PM
It was a bruising game hombre...to say the least...

that 60 yard attempt was damn fucking close...but what can you say...

Pittsburgh beats a good Jax team...for the first time in prime time...

a good win...

I was expecting exactly what they got...Jax always gets up for them...

old division rivals...

Just another game chalked up under the "We would have lost this game last year" category....

Last year, we would have been 7-5 or so....

We would've lost the Dallas game, the Jags game, the Cincy game, and maybe even the Miami game...

Hey, that rookie QB is not bad, eh ??? ;)

Was that like the most effortless 2 minute drill ever ??? Christ, he could've driven them into the endzone with a couple more plays, but they took the "safe" route...

Reed still scares the hell out of me though....

That was one brutal game though, physically.....

Bring on the J E T S....

POJO_Risin
12-07-2004, 07:50 PM
The Jets...damn...a scary game every week...

Va Beach VH Fan
12-07-2004, 08:41 PM
Well, losing Abraham is big for the Jets.... 9 1/2 sacks....

I don't see Martin going off too much....

Pennington may still have some rust.... He obviously still isn't 100 percent.... One sack may get him out of there....

Actually, not to look ahead, but I'm REALLY looking forward to the Giants game....

I think Ben is going to have a hard-on going against Eli.....

Eli looks so rattled back there, he may get killed against the Steelers defense...

POJO_Risin
12-07-2004, 09:33 PM
I'm not looking ahead at all...

I've seen teams...to many times...rebound after a big player goes down...

I expect the Jets to come ready to play...

but...I also see Pennington getting knocked around...which will take care of the rest...

Va Beach VH Fan
12-08-2004, 08:40 PM
Yes, I do as well...

Pennington is actually talking a little shit in the NY papers...

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/ny-spjets074070647dec07,0,1362606.story?coll=ny-jets-print

Chad Pennington did his share of bristling yesterday, too.

Asked on his weekly radio spot about the challenge posed by the Steelers, Pennington said, "We're not so worried about who we're playing because you know what? They have to play the Jets, too. We're a pretty good football team, so they have to worry about us just like we have to worry about them."

Chad, Chad..... You're gonna be a sore MOFO Monday morning for that one.... ;)

POJO_Risin
12-09-2004, 10:37 PM
LMFAO...if Joey Porter doesn't get thrown out of the game first...lmfao...for trying to rip Pennington's fucking head off...

aesop
12-10-2004, 04:23 PM
LMFAO...if Joey Porter doesn't get thrown out of the game first...lmfao...for trying to rip Pennington's fucking head off...

What's the line in Vegas on the Chadster actually finishing the game?

POJO_Risin
12-10-2004, 06:40 PM
250 to 1...

he doesn't make it through to the half...

I'd take that bet...lmfao...

Va Beach VH Fan
12-10-2004, 07:52 PM
Asked on his weekly radio spot about the challenge posed by the Steelers, Pennington said, "We're not so worried about who we're playing because you know what? They have to play the Jets, too. We're a pretty good football team, so they have to worry about us just like we have to worry about them."

Why is the first "Iron Eagle" movie popping in my head now ??

"You're gonna have to contend with Doug Masters"...... ;)

POJO_Risin
12-10-2004, 08:08 PM
Jesus...talk about a fucking reference from hell...lmfao...

Doug Masters...jesus H. christ...

if you mention Fried Chicken...I'm going to make you the mod of the dump...

Va Beach VH Fan
12-11-2004, 08:52 AM
From a military prospective, it's fucking hilarious....All those kids grabbing classifed info like that from their parents offices....And him just waltzing into a F-16, funny as hell...

But I digress...

Plax is definitely out again this week....

They're really playing cautious with these hammy injuries, and I think it's the best way to go about it...

The weather for Sunday in the 'Burgh is snow, so that damn field will even be shittier....

Ya know, for all that money they used to mix that grass with the synthetic shit, it looks terrible....

The problem is that they allow all 4 WPIAL finals to be played in Heinz Field in one day, along with Pitt and the Steelers at the same time....

But, for those who would say to stop that practice, the rationale NOT to do that is that stadium is mostly funded with public money....

POJO_Risin
12-11-2004, 02:04 PM
Yeah...but we're talking Steelers football here...

I agree...the fact that one of the flagship teams in the NFL have one of the worse fields is embarrassing...

someone will end up getting hurt...and they'll figure out how to fix it...

You'd figure state of the art would also mean good...

Va Beach VH Fan
12-11-2004, 03:42 PM
Well, on the other fields that the mix is in there, like Denver and I believe Cleveland, it looks good...

Of course, they don't allow other teams to play on their fields either....

If they were to make them play the WPIAL finals elsewhere, it would be a PR nightmare....

POJO_Risin
12-11-2004, 03:55 PM
Va...a PR nightmare for who?

The Steelers?

Perhaps the politicians...but who gives a fuck about them...

but bro...it's not like people in Pittsburgh are going to say..."FUCK THE STEELERS...WE WON'T GO!"

Lmfao...I mean christ...Pittsburgh isn't Philadelphia...they actually support their team...

Va Beach VH Fan
12-11-2004, 04:01 PM
Of course, the tickets will still get sold....

I mean face it, they've got 30,000 people on their waiting list....

But you'd agree, that would not make the Steelers look good at all...

The Pirates did the same thing the 1st year that PNC was open, they didn't let them play the WPIAL championships on that field, and the fans didn't like it....

[[ No Pirates jokes, please.... ]]

WARF
12-11-2004, 08:43 PM
Jets are gonna win sunday!!!!!

POJO_Risin
12-11-2004, 09:21 PM
Well...I don't know who it would look bad for at this point...

it's a general understanding that the Steelers field is shit...and the more games that are played there, the worse off it gets...

Would they look like St. Nick?...no...

but I think there would be a general understanding...

that being said...Rooney will never stop the local games from playing there...that's part of what makes him a great coach...

Oh...and WARF...dream on...

ALinChainz
12-11-2004, 11:21 PM
The bad field doesn't hurt the Steelers as much as would other teams, being the pwer running team it is anyway, hell probably helps some.

POJO_Risin
12-11-2004, 11:24 PM
I kind of agree with that...although a sloppy field leads to spinning wheels...which can slow down a power running game...

not to mention the fact that their receiving corp is one of the best in the game...the field neutralizes that a bit...

ALinChainz
12-11-2004, 11:28 PM
Is that with Burress or without ...

POJO_Risin
12-11-2004, 11:42 PM
With...although Randal El is a good one in his own right...

but at 6-5...and with his speed (albeit a 10 cent head) and catching ability...to go along with a possession guy as tenacious as WARD...and you are talking mammoth problems...

Doesn't Ford Field have one of those hybrid fields as well?

I seem to recall hearing something about ground tires at the base of the field...because whenever a cut or hit is made...a big black could of tire shavings come up...

what the fuck is up with that?