PDA

View Full Version : See that scar? Let me tell ya how I got this here scar...

academic punk
07-09-2005, 04:54 PM
Because the weather has been so fuckin' all over the place the past few days, I went to the barber, and asked him to chop it, give me a crew cut.

Usually I like to keep my hair a little longer, especially in the back because I've got two weird scars on the back of my head: one big blobby one from when I got run over by the next door neighbor when I was three, and another that is long and straight linefrom when I needed surgery b/c doctors were concerned that I might have meningytis.

As a result, now I've got people asking, "Hey, did the barber do that? Did you ask him to? Is it supposed to be some sort of symbol?"

Bah.

Got a couple of other scars here and there, and in one of the other threads Panamrk stated that he'd once broke his arm in eight places, so I figure... let's hear about it...

Guitar Shark
07-09-2005, 04:55 PM
Hey AP, when you go to the barber, does he ask you to remove your hairpiece yourself of does he do it for you?

I'm just not sure what the custom is there.

Northern Girl
07-09-2005, 04:56 PM
Where's MAX?

academic punk
07-09-2005, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
Hey AP, when you go to the barber, does he ask you to remove your hairpiece yourself of does he do it for you?

HAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!

Looking to acquire some new scars where your face once was, buddy? :)

the hairline IS beginning to move back...it ain't what it once was, I'm moving into the guy from Fine Young Cannibals territory.

Actually, even worse, my hair is naturally curly, so if I grow it out I wind up looking like a non-moustachio'd John Oates.

It's a lose-lose situation.

Northern Girl
07-09-2005, 05:51 PM
Hmmm....

academic punk
07-09-2005, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Northern Girl
Hmmm....

Hey! That's ME!!!

Northern Girl
07-09-2005, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
Hey! That's ME!!!

Good, now I can quit picturing you as that crazy mo' fo' in your av! :D

MAX
07-09-2005, 06:44 PM
I went to the barber, and asked him to chop it, give me a crew cut.

Geek.

MAX
07-09-2005, 06:45 PM
Hey! That's ME!!!

What, you look like Oates from Hall and Oates?

MAX
07-09-2005, 06:46 PM

Sharky,

You've developed quite the acid tongue as of late.

academic punk
07-09-2005, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by MAX
What, you look like Oates from Hall and Oates?

Yeah, but with a crew cut. (Actually if you know the actor Sal Mineo...I've also heard Michael Keaton and the guy from Law and Order a bunch...what's his name...)(I've also heard Bruce Willis and, especially, the evil husband fella from Titanic (Billy Zane, is that right?)...and if you give it tow seconds thought, you'll relaize that NONE of these guys look like one another, so what the hey?)

Crew cuts are friggin' bitchin'. You get out of the shower, swipe once, and YOU'RE DONE. I love it. It takes a certain face to make it look right: so long as you don't have pale skin or chubby cheeks you're in the clear.

academic punk
07-09-2005, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Sharky,

You've developed quite the acid tongue as of late.

Yeah, makes you wonder who else has been having conjugals with goats...

MAX
07-09-2005, 07:22 PM
Yeah, but with a crew cut. (Actually if you know the actor Sal Mineo...I've also heard Michael Keaton and the guy from Law and Order a bunch...what's his name...)(I've also heard Bruce Willis and, especially, the evil husband fella from Titanic (Billy Zane, is that right?)...and if you give it tow seconds thought, you'll relaize that NONE of these guys look like one another, so what the hey?)

Crew cuts are friggin' bitchin'. You get out of the shower, swipe once, and YOU'RE DONE. I love it. It takes a certain face to make it look right: so long as you don't have pale skin or chubby cheeks you're in the clear.

I'm just flipping you shit dude. I've had buzz' before and quite enjoyed them. I looked stupid though. Besides, my hair grows too fucking fast, so it really doesn't matter what I do cos I have to go in for a trim once a month.

academic punk
07-09-2005, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by MAX
I'm just flipping you shit dude. I've had buzz' before and quite enjoyed them. I looked stupid though. Besides, my hair grows too fucking fast, so it really doesn't matter what I do cos I have to go in for a trim once a month.

Every three weeks minimum for me. And that is the one pain in the ass with crew cuts: if you want to maintain it, it requires more care than ever.

But the rate my hair grows must have something to do with my Mediterranean genes. I'm just waiitng for the day I wake up and have a carpet for a back...

Guitar Shark
07-09-2005, 07:34 PM
I'm just waiitng for the day I wake up and have a carpet for a back...

Stop it, you're making Jesterstar excited.

Hey Maxipad, what's up bro. Been eating the celery lately?

Northern Girl
07-09-2005, 07:35 PM
Receding hairline, hairy back, scarry head...you're sounding more and more attractive by the minute. :p

academic punk
07-09-2005, 07:36 PM
Receding hairline, hairy back, scarry head...you're sounding more and more attractive by the minute. :p

Betrayed! With a kiss no less!

Northern Girl
07-09-2005, 08:11 PM
Betrayed!

Yup, that's me! Haven't you heard? ;)

academic punk
07-09-2005, 08:17 PM
Yup, that's me! Haven't you heard? ;)

All too often, my sweet poison. ;)

MAX
07-09-2005, 08:22 PM
Hey Maxipad, what's up bro. Been eating the celery lately?

Suup Counselor?

What are you doing a hangin' heeya over the weekend? No celery t'day my old friend. Had the testosterone goin' on it's own by sawing down a pine tree with a chainsaw this afternoon. Damn, no scars though. :mad: My little brother and I pulled it off without a scratch. Now I'm havin' a beeya. :)

Dan
07-09-2005, 08:25 PM
AP,any scars from your Chicken-Pox?

Guitar Shark
07-09-2005, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Suup Counselor?

What are you doing a hangin' heeya over the weekend? No celery t'day my old friend. Had the testosterone goin' on it's own by sawing down a pine tree with a chainsaw this afternoon. Damn, no scars though. :mad: My little brother and I pulled it off without a scratch. Now I'm havin' a beeya. :)

Working hard, my friend, in the office today. :(

Or, to be more accurate, hardly working.

But the sun is out and I'm heading home now for some quality time with the wifey. Later bro.

academic punk
07-09-2005, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Dan
AP,any scars from your Chicken-Pox?

Actually, yeah... One on my forehead (which I tore off, b/c when it was a full-blown pock, was giving the worst friggin headaches), and two on my cheek.

They're getting smaller by the day though, and hopefully they'll go away completely or just wind up looking like freckles.

Someone suggested aloe juice or some such shit...anyone ever try that stuff? is it nasty?

MAX
07-09-2005, 08:31 PM
Working hard, my friend, in the office today. :(

Or, to be more accurate, hardly working.

But the sun is out and I'm heading home now for some quality time with the wifey. Later bro.

Take care Sharky, have a great weekend and I'll talk to you next week.

academic punk
07-09-2005, 08:34 PM

But the sun is out and I'm heading home now for some quality naked time with a VHS copy of all of the Seahawks home games last season. Later bro.

MAX
07-09-2005, 08:35 PM
Someone suggested aloe juice or some such shit...anyone ever try that stuff? is it nasty?

Aloe "juice?"

Aloe is really good for healing bro. That's why it is commonly recommended for sunburns or just burns. Never thought of it with scar tissue though?

Remember when I had a rock fly into my cheeck about a month ago? Prolly similar to your pox scars. Anyway, tis' almost completely gone. :) I told you bro, as one gets older, the skin doesn't scar as easily. The bad ones that stay foreva usually happen prior to puberty.

Don't ask me how I know all of this shit? It's just cos I'm vain I guess?

academic punk
07-09-2005, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by MAX
It's just cos I'm vain I guess?

You walked into the party
Like you were walking onto a yacht
Your hat strategically dipped below one eye
Your scarf it was apricot
You had one eye in the mirror
As you watched yourself gavotte
And all the girls dreamed that they'd be your partner
They'd be your partner, and

You're so vain
You probably think this song is about you
You're so vain
I'll bet you think this song is about you
Don't you? Don't you?

You had me several years ago
When I was still quite naive
Well, you said that we made such a pretty pair
And that you would never leave
But you gave away the things you loved
And one of them was me
I had some dreams they were clouds in my coffee
Clouds in my coffee, and

You're so vain
You're so vain
Don't you? Don't you?

I had some dreams they were clouds in my coffee
Clouds in my coffee, and

You're so vain
You're so vain
Don't you? Don't you?

Well, I hear you went up to Saratoga
And your horse naturally won
Then you flew your Lear jet up to Nova Scotia
To see the total eclipse of the sun
Well, you're where you should be all the time
And when you're not, you're with
Some underworld spy or the wife of a close friend
Wife of a close friend, and

You're so vain
You're so vain
Don't you? Don't you?

MAX
07-09-2005, 08:40 PM
Niiice touch AP. :)

Howeva, I've posted my own lyrics to that classic several occasions on this board. ;)

academic punk
07-09-2005, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Niiice touch AP. :)

Howeva, I've posted my own lyrics to that classic several occasions on this board. ;)

whereabouts can a guy find 'em? Any chester references in there?

MAX
07-09-2005, 08:53 PM
whereabouts can a guy find 'em? Any chester references in there?

No "Chester" referrences. Sorry. :(

I've just spouted off both that song and "Nobody Does it Better" when I've been being a bit cocky from time to time over the yeeyas. lol.

Dan
07-10-2005, 01:08 AM
Actually, yeah... One on my forehead (which I tore off, b/c when it was a full-blown pock, was giving the worst friggin headaches), and two on my cheek.

They're getting smaller by the day though, and hopefully they'll go away completely or just wind up looking like freckles.

I got Chicken-Pox when I was 21 and boy I was covered head to toe in them.still have scars.No shaving for two weeks and I looked like a freak.

academic punk
07-10-2005, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Dan
I got Chicken-Pox when I was 21 and boy I was covered head to toe in them.still have scars.No shaving for two weeks and I looked like a freak.

Oh, yeah..I had 16 days of no shaving...

When I finally was able to go back home (they happenbed while I was travelling on business), I made sure to shave before I got on the plane, b/c I have a dark complexion , and that accompanied with a long stringy beard and what looks like a pimple infestation would have screamed to airport secuirty "CAVITY SEARCH".

where are your scars?

Jamocha Joe
07-10-2005, 10:20 AM
Actually, even worse, my hair is naturally curly, so if I grow it out I wind up looking like a non-moustachio'd John Oates.

Could be worse, I look like a moustachio'd Garfunkel

diamondsgirl
07-10-2005, 10:24 AM
I have a scar on my ankle from when I "fell out" of my mom's car when I was 5.

Actually....I was pushed...but no one believes me :(

diamondsgirl
07-10-2005, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by MAX
I've had buzz' before and quite enjoyed them

http://www.fsha.org/theatre/csz/bios/jessica%20jaco.jpg

twonabomber
07-10-2005, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Dan
I got Chicken-Pox when I was 21 and boy I was covered head to toe in them. still have scars.

me, too. i used to lifeguard, and some five-year-old kid at the pool had chicken pox. i never had 'em and ended up catching 'em then. i have a couple scars on top of my head. hair's getting thin up there so they'll be showing soon.

i have a nice scar on the middle finger of my left hand. i got caught in a machine at work right on the last knuckle (closest to the tip) and severed the tendon on my finger. the scar crosses the knuckle, takes a 90-degree turn toward my palm, then at the middle knuckle goes diagonally across my finger. the doctor cut my finger there so my tendon could be reattached, then folded it back over when he was done.

academic punk
07-10-2005, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Jamocha Joe
Could be worse, I look like a moustachio'd Garfunkel

Point taken.

Northern Girl
07-10-2005, 02:39 PM
Doctor recommended.

Northern Girl
07-10-2005, 02:46 PM
This too. :D

MAX
07-10-2005, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
http://www.fsha.org/theatre/csz/bios/jessica%20jaco.jpg

LMAO!!!

I meant when I was a kid. I'd neva do it now.

MAX
07-10-2005, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
I have a scar on my ankle from when I "fell out" of my mom's car when I was 5.

Actually....I was pushed...but no one believes me :(

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/82/994/640/GiRa-Roseanne%2520Roseannadanna.jpg

classicdude
07-11-2005, 09:37 PM
Got a nice scar on the back of my hand from the first weekend after I bought my butterfly knife. Doh! Course, they're illegal around here now....I wonder why? :lol:

Katydid
07-13-2005, 10:14 PM
I have a scar by my left eye from a moped wreck without a helment. Going up a hill and had to get over because cars were lined up. Shoulder was steep, couldn't get the back tire back up on the road. Those little fat mopeds are killers. Threw me head over hills. A concussion, was in hospital 9 days. Broke my cheek bone. They had to scrub the white line off under my nose and on my chin; I was tattoed and glowing in the dark. Was new pavement, and paint.

I have a motorcycle burn on my left leg. Riding behind Ed and stopped at the lake. I let my leg down as he leaned it over, and burned it bad. I ran and jumped in the lake. Took forever to heal; metal burns are rough.

HELLVIS
07-14-2005, 12:39 AM
What we really need here are pictures. I will take some shots of my throat and other scarred parts and post them tomorrow.