PDA

View Full Version : Mean Street vs. Unchained

Bob_R
07-09-2005, 10:11 PM
Which of these two classics do you prefer?

I'll call it a tie! :D

canadiandlrgirl
07-09-2005, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
Which of these two classics do you prefer?

I'll call it a tie! :D

depends on what mood i'm in :D

NAHTAN
07-09-2005, 10:41 PM
I agree it's a tie. These may be the twobest songs ever written by Van Halen. Imagine hearing either one live today, with Dave on vocals?! That would sell a few tickets...maybe with Dave taking over for Howard Stern Eddie and Al will succumb to the pressure to reunite..

diamondsgirl
07-09-2005, 11:57 PM
Mr. Fanatic...this is the toughest call I have had to make in one of these threads.

I love Unchained when I am running or driving. I love Mean Street when I am pissed off and I feel like hitting something. Or when I am lifting.

I call it a tie too

DavidLeeNatra
07-10-2005, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
Mr. Fanatic...this is the toughest call I have had to make in one of these threads.

I love Unchained when I am running or driving. I love Mean Street when I am pissed off and I feel like hitting something. Or when I am lifting.

I call it a tie too

I'm with you but "unchained" was the first thing I ever heard from van halen and made my jaw drop...so it will be my all time favorite song for ever...

nosuchluck
07-10-2005, 01:21 PM
tie

probably my 2 fav VH songs...

POJO_Risin
07-10-2005, 02:02 PM
No tie...

Mean Street is THE best VH song...bar none...

not taking away from Unchained...which is certainly one of my favorite tunes...

but Mean Street...just outstanding...

PenguinsKID1986
07-10-2005, 02:07 PM
Thought you'd never miss me till I got a fat city address, none stop talker what a rocker blue eyed murder in a size five dress. Cool line so I got to with Unchained

academic punk
07-10-2005, 02:07 PM
Two totally different vibes.

If I want to kick some motherfucker's face in, nothing in the cannon tops Mean Streets.

If I want to party and celebrate (after kicking said motherfucker's face in), nothing beats "Unchained".

It's the difference between demanding "Daaance, baby!" and offering someone "One break....Coooooooooomin' uuuup!!!!"

Loons The Great
05-26-2006, 01:48 PM
Mean Street

binnie
05-26-2006, 01:53 PM
Mean Street

Out of this world....

trueblue
05-27-2006, 07:38 AM
hey guys, i didn't know that " a tie" was even allowed and so graciously accepted by the rest of us on these song match-ups....i hate to let Unchained down for the second time, but lemme confess that Mean Street mirrors the side of classic Van Halen that i often love best---razor-sharp, mean, aggressive, in-your-face swagger of DLR's lyrics n delivery and Eddie's firestorm guitar heroics....So Mean Street wins by TKO in my card..what a fantastic way of kick-starting CVH's flagship record...