PDA

View Full Version : Outta Love Again: WTF was they thinkin'?



rustoffa
07-10-2005, 02:09 AM
IMO, this is a prime example of the VH dynamics that dynamically set 'em apart.

Hard rock afficiandos just THOUGHT they were flipped out by the first record.....unbelievable....the fucked-up break.....goodnite Irene.

Listen to it agayn.....critics had big-ol' question marks in their noggins.

Big Troubles
07-11-2005, 12:29 AM
awesome song. very hard to play. drum work was great, ed was seriously flying on this one. I dont give a fak about Mike and Dave was his usual great self. second solo is remarkable.

Terry
07-11-2005, 01:46 PM
Really dig what Alex did on the second album. Much more so than what he did on the first one. Guy is a numbnut, but he turned in some good stuff on Van Halen 2.

Rikk
07-11-2005, 05:49 PM
This song is just another reason why I consider the second album highly superior to the debut. Everyone puts the debut on a pedestal. But for quality of playing and interesting hard rock composition, VH II beats it hands down.

Big Troubles
07-11-2005, 06:12 PM
Agreed. The only fault to VH2 is the quantity.

Big Troubles
07-11-2005, 06:13 PM
and how the FAK did you end up with 192 votes? You're giving BJ's for votes again aren't you? :D

Rikk
07-11-2005, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
and how the FAK did you end up with 192 votes? You're giving BJ's for votes again aren't you? :D

:D

How do I have 192 votes?? Partly because I'm so great (:p) but also because of other "friends" tagging votes on to me time to time.

Ah, the notoreity!:D

Big Troubles
07-11-2005, 06:33 PM
well whatever you do... DONT start a goodbye thread. Career killer. ;)

Rikk
07-11-2005, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
well whatever you do... DONT start a goodbye thread. Career killer. ;)

Ah, it made for pleasant entertainment.;)

If I leave here, it will be in the dead of night with only the company purse under my arm and a fake passport...

tjvhou812
07-11-2005, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
well whatever you do... DONT start a goodbye thread. Career killer. ;)

lmao

Big Fat Sammy
07-15-2005, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa
IMO, this is a prime example of the VH dynamics that dynamically set 'em apart.

Hard rock afficiandos just THOUGHT they were flipped out by the first record.....unbelievable....the fucked-up break.....goodnite Irene.

Listen to it agayn.....critics had big-ol' question marks in their noggins.

Best AVH album by far IMO

...and the drums make this song. :)

ben halen
07-15-2005, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
Agreed. The only fault to VH2 is the quantity.
I used to think that too, but I love the fact that there is no filler and the songs are quick and to the point. Album rocks from start to finish.

Loons The Great
05-29-2006, 03:43 PM
This a here tune puts the funk in funky nah yez...well well...oohh well well...Yez Yeah...:D