PDA

View Full Version : Bin Laden....The Carlisle Group

scorpioboy33
07-10-2005, 08:41 PM
http://www.wordsasweapons.com/warconnections.htm

I am just learning about the connections between the Bushes, Bin Ladens and the Iraq war.
Thought I would share...pretty scare stuff. enjoy

LoungeMachine
07-10-2005, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by scorpioboy33
http://www.wordsasweapons.com/warconnections.htm

I am just learning about the connections between the Bushes, Bin Ladens and the Iraq war.
Thought I would share...pretty scare stuff. enjoy

Welcome to our world. [such as it is.]

Be afraid.

Be very afraid.

:cool:

academic punk
07-10-2005, 08:58 PM
Required reading:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0452285313/qid=1121043433/sr=8-3/ref=pd_bbs_ur_3/002-1324072-0376813?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Read this and suddenly FORD won't seem entirely crazy after all...

LoungeMachine
07-10-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
Required reading:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0452285313/qid=1121043433/sr=8-3/ref=pd_bbs_ur_3/002-1324072-0376813?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Excellent choice.

Also read House of Bush, House of Saud by Craig Unger

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/074325337X/qid=1121043816/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_ur_1/102-6027945-6286556?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

FORD aint crazy.

scorpioboy33
07-10-2005, 09:10 PM
the thing that gets me is that the media doesn't grab this info and run with it?

academic punk
07-10-2005, 09:12 PM
the thing that gets me is that the media doesn't grab this info and run with it?

Again, read TRUE LIES.

It exposes a lot of truths about Bush (and Clinton), but mainly it's a precis on how the corporate interests have betrayed the responsibilities of those who run our media.

Read it. Yesterday.

academic punk
07-10-2005, 09:13 PM
And while you're at it, start going to other countries web sites, an reading how they dissemanate their news.

www.bbc.co.uk

academic punk
07-10-2005, 09:16 PM
This one is also good, even just as a (sometimes very funny) example of how journalists should behave towards our policy makers and electd officials...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1401301312/ref=pd_sim_b_4/002-1324072-0376813?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance

Nickdfresh
07-10-2005, 10:01 PM
Well, since we're making recommended summer reading lists:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0743260244/104-1245133-9880739?v=glance

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0743260244.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

LoungeMachine
07-10-2005, 10:08 PM
Thanks D

How'd we over look that one?

DrMaddVibe
07-10-2005, 10:21 PM
Don't forget to wear your tinfoil hats too!

At all times!

Be afraid. They're watching YOU!

BOO!

Nickdfresh
07-10-2005, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
Don't forget to wear your tinfoil hats too!

At all times!

Be afraid. They're watching YOU!

BOO!

The guys in IRAQ wear kevlar...

LoungeMachine
07-10-2005, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
The guys in IRAQ wear kevlar...

You think he cares?

He still thinks " Mission Accomplished " :rolleyes:

No need to look for anwswers, he just follows the script.

Another Lemming.

LoungeMachine
07-10-2005, 10:35 PM
http://www.oilempire.us/bushbinladen.html

Check this out

Nickdfresh
07-10-2005, 10:38 PM
I'll put a couple of quotes from CLARK's book up tomorrow, the guy's proved to be dead-on!

Nickdfresh
07-10-2005, 10:45 PM
Writer says allies knew about 9/11 beforehand
By TONY FREEMANTLE

WHY AMERICA SLEPT:
The Failure to Prevent 9/11.
By Gerald Posner.
Random House, $24.95; 256 pp.

Cover
Hindsight, as we well know, is 20/20.

There are few events that, viewed through the prism of time, could not have been prevented or ameliorated if warnings had been heeded, connections established, priorities shifted.

Such is certainly the case with the awful events of Sept. 11, 2001. For years leading up to the suicide attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, numerous opportunities to thwart our enemies, or apprehend them before they could do us harm, were squandered.

Many of these miscues -- some inadvertent, some simply appalling -- are well-known and have been extensively documented in books and news reports in the two years since the attacks. Gerald Posner, a Wall Street lawyer turned investigative writer, provides ample new evidence of them in Why America Slept: The Failure to Prevent 9/11, his latest work.

Ironically Posner, who is best-known for his book debunking the conspiracy theories that stick to the John F. Kennedy assassination like flies, breaks significant new ground in this sad tale by creating a conspiracy theory.

Prominent figures in Saudi Arabia and Pakistan, countries that are nominally our friends, knew beforehand that Osama bin Laden's al-Qaida was planning an attack on important American targets, Posner reveals. They did not know which targets, but they knew the date, and they apparently did not warn us.

Not only that. The Saudis, Posner claims, had a secret deal with bin Laden going back to 1991 and approved by Prince Turki al-Faisal bin Abdul Aziz, the kingdom's intelligence chief, that they would finance his holy war and not extradite him as long as he kept his jihad off Saudi soil.

The Pakistani connection involved a high-ranking air force officer, Mushaf Ali Mir. Posner says that in a 1996 meeting, Mir, who had close ties to Islamic extremists in the Pakistani intelligence agency, promised bin Laden protection, arms and supplies for al-Qaida. This arrangement had been "blessed" by the Saudis, he says.

Posner drops this bombshell in the last chapter of his book. Up to that point, all he has done is add to the bulging dossier of evidence that someone -- the intelligence community, the White House, Congress -- was asleep at the switch in the years leading up to the most coordinated and devastating terrorist attack in history.

What makes this book worth reading begins with the arrest, in the Pakistani city of Faisalabad early on March 28, 2002, of Abu Zubaydah, a close associate of bin Laden and the source on the Pakistan/Saudi Arabia/al-Qaida connections. It is a riveting account of the wounding, arrest and interrogation of Zubaydah, who is believed to have been behind several executed and planned attacks, including the one on the USS Cole in Yemen in 2000.

Gravely injured, Zubaydah was uncooperative, despite the use of "quick-on, quick-off" painkillers. His interrogators hoped that feeding the painkillers into his intravenous drip when he started talking, and stopping it when he stopped talking, would induce the recalcitrant captive to start telling them what he knew.

When that didn't work, the Americans transferred him to a base in Afghanistan where a room was made to look like a Saudi torture chamber. Two Arab-American special forces members posed as Saudi questioners.

"His reaction was not fear, but instead relief," Posner reports. "The prisoner, who had been reluctant even to confirm his identity to his American captors, suddenly started talking animatedly. He was happy to see (the supposed Saudis), he said, because he feared the Americans would torture and then kill him."

Zubaydah told his interrogators to call Prince Ahmed bin Salman bin Abdul Aziz to vouch for him, and he gave them the prince's home number. "He will tell you what to do," Zubaydah said. Prince Ahmed, a nephew of King Fahd, was the head of a Saudi publishing empire and was known in the West as the owner of the Kentucky Derby winner War Emblem.

The telephone number checked out, but the interrogators told the drugged Zubaydah they did not believe him, and in an effort to convince them of his veracity, the captive unleashed a torrent of information about the links among Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and al-Qaida. Posner's source, an unnamed investigator, calls the information "the Rosetta Stone of 9/11."

"He was essentially trying to play his `Get Out of Jail Free' card," the investigator told Posner. "He spoke to them (the fake Saudi interrogators) as if they were the ones in trouble if they did not take him seriously. And he was anxious to have his information confirmed before we (the Americans) returned."

Zubaydah said money was funneled to al-Qaida through channels other than Prince Ahmed. These channels included two other nephews of King Fahd -- Prince Sultan bin Faisal bin Turki al-Saud and Prince Fahd bin Turki bin Saud al-Kabir -- and Zubaydah again supplied their private phone numbers.

And then he dropped his bombshell: Both Mir, the Pakistani officer, and Prince Ahmed knew that the 9/11 attack was "scheduled for American soil for that day."

Shortly after that, Zubaydah learned he had been duped, and he clammed up. He is still in U.S. custody.

Both Saudi Arabia and Pakistan assured the United States that the allegations were "false and malicious," Posner writes. Without clear proof, and with the conflict in Afghanistan and the looming war with Iraq on the American agenda, "creating an international incident" over the matter was "out of the question."

And here comes the conspiracy theory, which Posner concedes could be pure coincidence.

Less than four months after Zubaydah's revelations, Prince Ahmed died at the age of 43 of a heart attack. The next day, Prince Sultan died in a single-car accident while on his way to his cousin's funeral. A week later, Prince Fahd died of thirst, according to the official account, while on a trip to the Saudi province of Ramaah. Prince Turki was dismissed as the Saudi intelligence chief before 9/11 and is currently Saudi ambassador to Great Britain.

And in Pakistan, seven months later, an airplane believed to be in good mechanical order, flying in good weather, crashed in the country's northwest provinces, killing everyone on board, including Mir and a slew of his closest confidants.

"It's interesting that we can't talk to most of the people that Zubaydah named because they all died after he told us about them," Posner's source says. "But it does make a lot of us wonder what these people might have known about 9/11 and failed to tell us."

It makes us wonder, too.

Tony Freemantle is a reporter for the Chronicle. (http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/ae/books/reviews/2094247)

LoungeMachine
07-10-2005, 10:56 PM
Ya know....not to get off subject, but

At first glance, this Thread Title would give one reason to believe Osama has just joined Belinda from The Go Gos on tour.

I'm checking pollstar and ticketmaster now.

Big Train
07-11-2005, 02:56 AM
Bin Laden is "mad about you" Lounge...:)

Here is something to ponder. If all of this shit is true,that Bush and the Sauds have some sort of understanding and what not, why wouldn't the Sauds give up those responsible just to keep the peace, for at least business purposes?

Everyone knows this terrorism shit is bad for business in the long term. Sure it is driving up oil prices and such, but it is also fueling demand for alt energy sources from customers who traditionally would not be inclined to pursue such things. Not to mention the bombs and general gore going on over there.

Tell me why, if they are all in such cahoots, they can't work out a simple deal to keep the peace? Give me a valid reason and I'll buy into this supposed scenario.

Warham
07-11-2005, 07:00 AM
Is there where we post our crazy liberal conspiracy theories?

I'll have to dig some up and post them later.

ashstralia
07-11-2005, 08:17 AM
it's later than you think.

rent my fully stocked bunker in kamatchka.

ashstralia
07-11-2005, 08:43 AM
all jokes aside,

am i alone in thinking that a meeting of the worlds wealthy

industrial/ primary production/ labour chiefs would happen

on a daily basis?

if anything, the bin laden link probably made osama MORE likely to

want to attack. on that day.

i guess it's easy to be an anti-capitalist millionaire.

BigBadBrian
07-11-2005, 10:39 AM

Read this and you'll be talking to Guiness bottles like he does and start spouting "BCE" for everything that's wrong in the world. ;)

academic punk
07-11-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by ashstralia
all jokes aside,

am i alone in thinking that a meeting of the worlds wealthy

industrial/ primary production/ labour chiefs would happen

on a daily basis?

if anything, the bin laden link probably made osama MORE likely to

want to attack. on that day.

i guess it's easy to be an anti-capitalist millionaire.

Well, it's impossible that the attacks could have been organized around that very day.

But I will say this: the fact that George H.W. Bush WAS in Washington that day proves to me that this particuklar element of the conspiracy is false. It would've raised no questions if the guy had been in Kennebunkport, Me on that day...so if the attacks were something that W and Cheney and whatnot wwre in on, don't you think there's no way HW would put himself anywhere NEAR DC, for fear of a) injury or death, and b) such a glaring thing for conspiracy theorists.

That being said: the same way a potential jurist cannot serve on a trial if he knows the defendent or anyone involved, the fact that the Bush famioly has such strong and longstanding ties to these families (the bin Ladens, the House of Saud) does raise major questions. There is definitely a conflict of interest when your strongest business ties and the world's most wanted terrorist are of the same family.

BTW, I assume maddvibe, war, and BBB, you have not read any of these books at all? Before you pass judgement on them, perhaps you should. Thery're not the works of nutters who talk to their beer bottles or wear tin foil. That is, unless you make the mistake of thinking the likes of Richard A Clarke - whose every word re: 9/11 wound up being backed up by the Commission's investigation, and who served for evfery administration since Reagan - merit ridicule.

academic punk
07-11-2005, 02:29 PM
And by the way, I've read a number of very pro_Bush books as well, among them David Frum's and his own A Charge to Keep.

I do try to get as much info from as many sides of the coin as I can. We'd all be well served to attempt the same.

(How I - or anyone else - filters and interprets it is another story)

Warham
07-11-2005, 03:15 PM
I suggest David Icke books to all you who believe in this sort of thing. He suggests that the Bush family are reptoids from another galaxy, hellbent on ruling the Earth.

Nickdfresh
07-11-2005, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Warham
I suggest David Icke books to all you who believe in this sort of thing. He suggests that the Bush family are reptoids from another galaxy, hellbent on ruling the Earth.

Never heard of 'em.

FORD
07-11-2005, 03:28 PM

Ever get a good look at Junior's eyes during one of his pathetic "press conferences"??

The guy's pupils are black.

Remember that alien virus from the "X-Files" that turned someone's eyes black whenever it invaded their body?

Just sayin'...... actually Cheney looks more like the reptile.

Warham
07-11-2005, 03:31 PM
Reptoids are like the grays (the ones that wackos believe met with Franklin Roosevelt in 1934 and crashed at Roswell in '47), only they look like snakes with arms and legs. They can change their appearance to look like humans, and like to drink human blood.

Here's a good one to start with:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0001GOH52.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Total wacko.

academic punk
07-11-2005, 03:35 PM
Lovely.

Reducing Richard A Clarke to John Varley/Robert A Wilson levels?

For Christ's sake.

Nickdfresh
07-11-2005, 03:35 PM
CHENEY is definitely not of this earth...

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=488508

Warham
07-11-2005, 03:42 PM
Lovely.

Reducing Richard A Clarke to John Varley/Robert A Wilson levels?

For Christ's sake.

'Once you start down the wacko path, forever will it dominate your destiny.'

:D

academic punk
07-11-2005, 04:46 PM

you would know...

LoungeMachine
07-11-2005, 05:49 PM

Quoting Prescott Bush now, are we?

DrMaddVibe
07-11-2005, 06:23 PM
Too bad there aren't more Hale-Bopp comet flyovers!

academic punk
07-11-2005, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
Too bad there aren't more Hale-Bopp comet flyovers!

I fail to see the connection between the sworn, and substantiated, testimony of the former head of the NSC, and a putzes like Doh (or however he spelt his name) and his followers, but, hey, if you want to live in a world of willful ignorance, go right on ahead.

Big Train
07-11-2005, 10:39 PM
I'm still waiting for someone to respond to my question..i'm just curious what you think.

ODShowtime
07-12-2005, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Big Train
Tell me why, if they are all in such cahoots, they can't work out a simple deal to keep the peace? Give me a valid reason and I'll buy into this supposed scenario.

Because gw&friends (extended network too) got greedy. Not exactly hard to believe judging by their actions lately.

ashstralia
07-12-2005, 01:07 AM
There is definitely a conflict of interest when your strongest business ties and the world's most wanted terrorist are of the same family.

this is just my point, ap, that an estranged loony has become

very upset with his family's ties to 'the infidels'.

now if osama had, say, 18 months notice that a meeting was scheduled

for that day, would he not have the resources to organize 9/11?

academic punk
07-12-2005, 09:56 PM

very upset with his family's ties to 'the infidels'.

now if osama had, say, 18 months notice that a meeting was scheduled

for that day, would he not have the resources to organize 9/11?

Uh...I would be AMAZED if anyone ever in the history of the world scheduled a meeting 18 months in advance.

Personally, I can't make plans for Friday night before some are referring to it as Saturday morning...

academic punk
07-12-2005, 10:03 PM
I'm still waiting for someone to respond to my question..i'm just curious what you think.

The question why they wouldn't want to keep the peace?

Two reasons: lots of money to be made through defense contracts and oil ties. The Carlyle group (on which HW Bush is a board member, along with members of the bin Laden family) made nearly 300 million dollars after going public, and plus the oil ties with the House of Saud, as well as your Halliburtons and what have you.

The other is that they are taking the long view here. They really beleive that in the future this will be the best tactic for the country, and by extenstion, the world. "You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs" train of thought. The problem with this thinking is that it requires a directness of thought and approach, which some would say tunnel/narrow vision. Variables come into the mix. X factors will always arise.

one of those factors is that maybe the rest of the world isn't interested in this country's model of government. Some find it to be the most imperialistic country that has ever existed, while others believe it to be the most democratic.

I have a downstairs neighbor. What he calls his ceiling is what I call my floor.

Big Train
07-13-2005, 01:51 AM
I kind thought you would respond in that way. My thinking is from the other end of the tube...The Sauds. Blowing up their area of the world causes much more problems for them than it solves or is worth financially. If GW is so in cahoots with them, why could they not just buy him off and grease the wheels? Through kickbacks and construction contracts alone, Halliburton could make just as much if not much more, building mosques or something.

What you are saying makes no sense, in the same sense as the Halliburton argument didn't to me. Why risk so much of yourself personally, when they are other MUCH easier ways to make the same dough?

The damage the Sauds and other royals are enduring for all this politically and financially, that I would have to believe they are 3-4 times worse at business than GW on his worst day.

ashstralia
07-13-2005, 05:00 AM
Uh...I would be AMAZED if anyone ever in the history of the world scheduled a meeting 18 months in advance.

granted, it's a slim chance.

i have mates who schedule business meetings to coincide with major sporting events, etc.

if it's true that there were emergency drills happening on that day, they would have been months in planning.

even something like a 60 man medium sized drug raid takes a long time to organize.

who knows?

ashstralia
07-13-2005, 05:06 AM
What you are saying makes no sense, in the same sense as the Halliburton argument didn't to me. Why risk so much of yourself personally, when they are other MUCH easier ways to make the same dough?

yeah, there's got to be vast untapped oil reserves in the asia pacific!

oops! we already own those.

academic punk
07-13-2005, 12:50 PM
I kind thought you would respond in that way. My thinking is from the other end of the tube...The Sauds. Blowing up their area of the world causes much more problems for them than it solves or is worth financially. If GW is so in cahoots with them, why could they not just buy him off and grease the wheels? Through kickbacks and construction contracts alone, Halliburton could make just as much if not much more, building mosques or something.

The damage the Sauds and other royals are enduring for all this politically and financially, that I would have to believe they are 3-4 times worse at business than GW on his worst day.

Ah, but Saudi Arabia has remained untouched throughout this whole thing.

Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria (soooooon), yes. But not the Sauds. they've been making more money than ever, in fact. Or haven't you noticed gas prices?

FORD
07-13-2005, 02:15 PM

very upset with his family's ties to 'the infidels'

About the only scenario which would make that possible would be if Osama blamed the BCE for the death of his brother Salem, who died in a mysterious small plane crash in Texas.

Salem Bin Laden was the financer of Bush Jr's first oil company, and was by all accounts an excellent pilot who unexplicably decided to take a sharp left turn one day upon take-off and fly directly into high voltage power lines.

He wasn't the first or the last person associated with the BCE to die under those circumstances.

Salem was the older brother whom Osama idolized the most, so if he did blame the BCE for Salem's death, it definitely would be motivation for revenge.

On the BCE themselves though. Osama may be a madman, but he's a religious madman, and I don't see personal revenge against one family as his motivation to attack an entire country.

Angel
07-13-2005, 02:42 PM

The CBC did in October 2003. You have to check out the English station once in awhile Scorp! ;)

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/conspiracytheories/index.html

Keeyth
07-13-2005, 04:09 PM
The question why they wouldn't want to keep the peace?

Two reasons: lots of money to be made through defense contracts and oil ties. The Carlyle group (on which HW Bush is a board member, along with members of the bin Laden family) made nearly 300 million dollars after going public, and plus the oil ties with the House of Saud, as well as your Halliburtons and what have you.

The other is that they are taking the long view here. They really beleive that in the future this will be the best tactic for the country, and by extenstion, the world. "You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs" train of thought. The problem with this thinking is that it requires a directness of thought and approach, which some would say tunnel/narrow vision. Variables come into the mix. X factors will always arise.

one of those factors is that maybe the rest of the world isn't interested in this country's model of government. Some find it to be the most imperialistic country that has ever existed, while others believe it to be the most democratic.

I have a downstairs neighbor. What he calls his ceiling is what I call my floor.

Well put.

There is always more money in war ( the raping and pilaging of a country + the contracts to rebuild it) and this administration is all about the money. Unfortunatley, it's all about their personal money, rather than money for the welfare of this country.

Keeyth
07-13-2005, 04:21 PM
Through kickbacks and construction contracts alone, Halliburton could make just as much if not much more, building mosques or something.

Yeah RIGHT! Are you kidding? #1 there would be an end in sight to building the mosques. With this war crap, they can make the contracts keep coming indefinitely.

Risk? What risk??!?? These guys think they are untouchable, and after all they've gotten away with so far, I can see why. It's unbelieveable that we spent an entire year looking down Clintons pants, and yet no one investigates the blatant criminal activity of this administration and it's chimpresident! F**king Unbelievable!

Huh?? Financial damage?? Gas is about to hit $3.00 a gallon over here pal. Who is that damaging??? Us. You and me.
Oh, and check the facts on business practices and being a businessman. Look at his record of business, and understand why we call him a chimp.
It is a crime in itself that we let someone who has run so many companies into the ground in his past actually be in the position of running this country. GW's worst day is always tomorrow.

ashstralia
07-13-2005, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Osama may be a madman, but he's a religious madman, and I don't see personal revenge against one family as his motivation to attack an entire country.

i think it's more about attacking an ideology than a particular country.

he just chose a spectacular way to make a statement.

Keeyth
07-13-2005, 05:43 PM
If he's even responsible at all...

Big Train
07-14-2005, 10:27 AM
Ah, but Saudi Arabia has remained untouched throughout this whole thing.

Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria (soooooon), yes. But not the Sauds. they've been making more money than ever, in fact. Or haven't you noticed gas prices?

I'm in LA, I've certainly noticied (and find the irony in that I see oil pumps all around me yet my gas is more expensive than most the country).

The Sauds are untouched for the moment, but the alingment with us is ultimately far more dangerous for them. A coup, an overthrow by extremists who want their heads is surely 1000 times more likely after all of this. They are not untouchable.

academic punk
07-14-2005, 10:54 AM

The Sauds are untouched for the moment, but the alingment with us is ultimately far more dangerous for them. A coup, an overthrow by extremists who want their heads is surely 1000 times more likely after all of this. They are not untouchable.

A coup? An overthrow by extremists?
Who want their heads?

Are we talking about the Sauds or the reckless behavior of this country's administration?

Big Train
07-15-2005, 12:53 AM
The Sauds...militant extremists (OBL has already talked about this and Syria can't be far behind) want the Saud Royals blood.

This whole thing is bad for business on all fronts for them. If they are so in bed with the BCE and the BCE is so evil and greedy, logic dictates that the Sauds grease the BCE to ease up all this and let business get back to normal. Oil can stay relatively high, but if all this insanity continues it will be unsustainable, driving the market over the edge for alt. energy sources. Which is REALLY bad for business.