PDA

View Full Version : The MLB All Star Game Thread

vhrocks2005
07-11-2005, 12:36 AM
Do you think baseballs all star game is getting worse as time goes by? Join this thread if you do. Im talkin bad player pics, bad calls, the AL winning 7 outta the last 8 years, and the other stupid shit that goes on during the game.

Bob_R
07-11-2005, 02:24 PM
I think it's total bullshit that the winning league gets home field advantage in the World Series. That is utterly foolish.

Bill Lumbergh
07-11-2005, 03:58 PM
Still my favorite All-Star game(Pro Bowl is a joke, Nba All Star game is even worse, fuck hockey), but I agree it has been going downhill for some time. It all started with Chan HO Park grooving that pitch to Cal Ripken. Oh, and the MVP will be Moises Alou with a walk off bomb.

Warham
07-11-2005, 03:59 PM
Moises Alou hasn't had a good season since last year. ;)

Bill Lumbergh
07-11-2005, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Warham
Moises Alou hasn't had a good season since last year. ;)

Thank god he got out of THAT hell hole! ;)

Warham
07-11-2005, 04:04 PM
Yeah, it's OK.

Derrek Lee is the best player in the National League this year. ;)

Bill Lumbergh
07-11-2005, 04:08 PM
Yeah, it's OK.

Derrek Lee is the best player in the National League this year. ;)

By default.........the REAL best player in the NL is rehabbing in La La land.

Bill Lumbergh
07-11-2005, 04:09 PM
At least we still have Jason Schmidt and his 5 ERA! ;)

Warham
07-11-2005, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
By default.........the REAL best player in the NL is rehabbing in La La land.

LOL.

They seem to move his date of return around more that I can keep up with.

Bill Lumbergh
07-11-2005, 04:16 PM
LOL.

They seem to move his date of return around more that I can keep up with.

His possible return is the ONLY thing us Giants fans have to look forward to the rest of this year. That, and watching Felipe's 9 million pitching changes per game...........

Warham
07-11-2005, 04:18 PM
Felipe Alou is overrated. I think he might have been a better player than he is a manager, and I'm not sure that's saying much.

Bill Lumbergh
07-11-2005, 04:20 PM
Wanna talk overrated? Look no further than the guy sitiing on the Cub's bench. Trust me..........

Warham
07-11-2005, 04:22 PM
Yeah, he is too.

Fuckin' lets his three year old kid run all over the diamond while a game is fuckin' being played. If it wasn't for that Giants player, he would have been implanted into home plate.

Bill Lumbergh
07-11-2005, 04:24 PM
Yeah, he is too.

Fuckin' lets his three year old kid run all over the diamond while a game is fuckin' being played. If it wasn't for that Giants player, he would have been implanted into home plate.

Around here, a lot of fans thought that was cute when JT grabbed his son. Disgusting.

Warham
07-11-2005, 04:27 PM
He was goddamned lucky.

JT was a good guy for doing that. It WAS kind of funny seeing it, but only after realizing the kid was OK.

POJO_Risin
07-11-2005, 05:10 PM
You know what I'd like to see?

You have LaRussa right...best record in the NL...no doubt his team is probably going to either be in the Series...or be a factor in it...

You have Terry Francona for Boston...I don't like the Sox chances this year...but I didn't last year either...but they are a factor...

I'd like to see these two fuckers go into this game like it's a real game...

start a guy...and if he's mowing guys down...fucking leave him in there...

let the starters get their 2 or 3 innings...or fuck it...get rid of the guys that we voted in early...and put in the deserved quickly...and let them play the whole fucking game...

if none of the other starters pitch...fuck them...

if the jackasses that made the game don't get it...fuck them...

I'D FUCKING LOVE IT...

hopefully it happens...

POJO_Risin
07-11-2005, 05:13 PM
That, my friends, would fucking legitimize the all star game. If you are going to make it count...and still allow fans to vote players in...than let the fucking managers run the game the way they see fit.

LaRussa is starting Carpenter tonight...maybe...just maybe...he leaves him on the hill for a bit. If the game counts...this is his spot in the rotation...let him fucking go...

I'd love to see a fucking complete game shutout in an all-star game...

and Carpenter has been fucking dominating this year...for the most part...

check out his K/IP...

vhrocks2005
07-11-2005, 06:00 PM
No shit dusty baker is way too overrated. Im a cubs fan (sad aint it?) and dusty is just too much a pussy to manage a baseball team! Lee Mizilli had balls enough ta sit down sammy sosa. Hes doin better this year than last year, and dusty played him no matter what, which was total bullshit. The homehield advantage is also shit. Its a rip off to who the deserving home team of the World Series. I dunno if ill even watch it this year. No shit Derrek Lee is the best player in the NL, but he plays for one of baseballs worst teams! as a cubs fan fer a long time, ive realized, we suck. Still, im watchin the home run derby, which was another disappointment last year. I wanna see more homers this year than last year, no doubt. As far as the game, you can most likely count me out

Warham
07-11-2005, 06:02 PM
The Cubs are also one of the most injury-plagued teams, so there's your excuse.

POJO_Risin
07-11-2005, 06:17 PM
C'mon...Cubs fans don't really want to win the series...you lovable losers too...

at least you have fans that give a shit...

my team hasn't won since 1948...and the fans could give a shit less...I hate fucking towns that forget about baseball unless the team is fucking 20 games over .500. Not saying Cleveland is the only team that does it...but we sure are good at it...

DlocRoth
07-11-2005, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
You know what I'd like to see?

You have LaRussa right...best record in the NL...no doubt his team is probably going to either be in the Series...or be a factor in it...

You have Terry Francona for Boston...I don't like the Sox chances this year...but I didn't last year either...but they are a factor...

I'd like to see these two fuckers go into this game like it's a real game...

start a guy...and if he's mowing guys down...fucking leave him in there...

let the starters get their 2 or 3 innings...or fuck it...get rid of the guys that we voted in early...and put in the deserved quickly...and let them play the whole fucking game...

if none of the other starters pitch...fuck them...

if the jackasses that made the game don't get it...fuck them...

I'D FUCKING LOVE IT...

hopefully it happens...

See Pete Rose...

Amen

Warham
07-11-2005, 06:25 PM
C'mon...Cubs fans don't really want to win the series...you lovable losers too...

at least you have fans that give a shit...

my team hasn't won since 1948...and the fans could give a shit less...I hate fucking towns that forget about baseball unless the team is fucking 20 games over .500. Not saying Cleveland is the only team that does it...but we sure are good at it...

Even if the world becomes like Mad Max's wasteland someday, Wrigley Field will still have 36,000+ for every game.

POJO_Risin
07-11-2005, 07:45 PM
You know when they wouldn't?

2 years after they won a world series...

Va Beach VH Fan
07-11-2005, 07:53 PM
The All-Star game has lost some of it's luster, no doubt about it...

The fans ridiculous voting was bad enough, but now that it counts for home field advantage, which also is ridiculous, it's a pretty big deal...

And the one thing that I've still liked to see every year, the Home Run Derby, is now in the shitter...

And that's even with the 1st Pirate in the HRD since '92 (Bonds).... I think Jason Bay in the HRD is a bad idea....

I haven't watched a complete All-Star game in a long time....

If you want to watch the ELITE play, catch the '71 ASG from Detroit on ESPN Classic... I believe there were 18 Hall of Famers in that game, with 6 home runs, including Reggie's blast off of the light tower...

POJO_Risin
07-11-2005, 08:01 PM
Wasn't 71 the year Fosse got steamrolled by Rose?

and Va...

lmfao...

you sound more like my Dad every day...

Why is everyone coming off so damn hard on the baseball All-Star game anyways?

Christ...how many people watched the joke known as the Pro Bowl? And the NHL All...wait...didn't happen...

hell...the NBA All-Star Game is the most interesting to watch...but equally forgetful...

WHO CARES...

Selig is the one that fucked up...making them count...

but the loss of luster isn't in the voting...although it's generally crooked...

it's in Selig's mismanagement...it's the overall lack of starpower...

and overall diminishment of not only baseball...but all sports not called the NFL...

POJO_Risin
07-11-2005, 08:01 PM
I can't remember EVER watching a HR Derby...

cept those old black and white ones from the early 60's...

Va Beach VH Fan
07-11-2005, 08:48 PM
Wasn't 71 the year Fosse got steamrolled by Rose?

and Va...

lmfao...

you sound more like my Dad every day...

Why is everyone coming off so damn hard on the baseball All-Star game anyways?

Christ...how many people watched the joke known as the Pro Bowl? And the NHL All...wait...didn't happen...

hell...the NBA All-Star Game is the most interesting to watch...but equally forgetful...

WHO CARES...

Selig is the one that fucked up...making them count...

but the loss of luster isn't in the voting...although it's generally crooked...

it's in Selig's mismanagement...it's the overall lack of starpower...

and overall diminishment of not only baseball...but all sports not called the NFL...

I believe the Rose play was from '70, I could be wrong though...

Where are you seeing me defending any of those other All-Star games ??

Geez, at least disagree with something that I actually say.....

Va Beach VH Fan
07-11-2005, 09:11 PM
Abreu was absolutely IN THE ZONE, 24 homers, including a 517 foot BOMB....

I tell ya, I've done several Home Run Derby's myself, and it's a lot harder than it looks.... Your arms get tired, especially if you don't have the luxury of taking pitches...

And then Bay did as I feared, absolutely stunk up the joint.... He not the prototypical homerun hitter.... Sure, if you're a good ballplayer, and you throw a 90MPH fastball and hit it solid, you're going to get at least 20 homers a year.... But he's got too much of an easy swing to be a homerun hitter in batting practice....

redblkwht
07-11-2005, 09:28 PM
Talk about pressure..
how do you follow bobbys
24 hr start?
I feel for jason bay..
total choke, being on that
stage. I think anyone that
followed Bobby woulda done
the same, what a start!

Troy
07-11-2005, 10:07 PM
I can't believe these dirtbags catching these Balls and not giving them to the kids.

Bill Lumbergh
07-12-2005, 02:14 PM
Did anyone see Mike Piazza up on stage with that shitty band AIR DRUMMING, and Johnny Damon MIMING the song before the event..........HOLY FUCK THAT WAS EMBARRASING........Piazza doesnt even deserve to be at the game, much less acting like a dildo on national television.........

Va Beach VH Fan
07-12-2005, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
Did anyone see Mike Piazza up on stage with that shitty band AIR DRUMMING, and Johnny Damon MIMING the song before the event..........HOLY FUCK THAT WAS EMBARRASING........Piazza doesnt even deserve to be at the game, much less acting like a dildo on national television.........

LOL, I'm glad someone else noticed that crap...

Then tonight, they do the dry ice/sparklers/red carpet bullshit....

What the fuck, is this the NBA game ??