PDA

View Full Version : CHEF MAXIMUS' KITCHEN or THE OFFICIAL ROTHARMY COOKBOOK

Pages : [1] 2

MAX
07-11-2005, 02:54 AM
Hey,

I'm sure we've prolly had one of these before but let's make this one a keepa. The reason that I thought of this is cos number one, I fucking love to cook. Number two, things are a bit slow in Non at the moment. Number three tis' that over the yeeyas I've both given and received so many stellar recipes from fellow posters and it's been stellar.

In fact, I just made a stellar dessert today that another fellow poster sent me and it would be killer to share such culinary skills from around the globe.

Seriously, I'll also be happy to answer anyone's questions as well. I'm not a chef (although I play one on tv. lol) but I cook everything from homemade soups from scratch, BBQ'ing the perfect Lobster tail, doctoring up a grilled cheese sammich, using the right beeya to pre-cook brats prior to grilling and peparing a five star dinna for snotty company. Also, include any drink recipes as well.

Again, I'll love this thread cos I can start saving my recipes in it and not have to look all ova the computer, print them from local news, etc.

I'll start posting recipes tomorrow and I hope that many of y'all will as well.

Muchas Gracias.

MAX
07-11-2005, 02:59 AM
Oh, I put it in blue cos it will be easier for me to find when scrolling through old threads. lol. Seriously, this will help me so much cos I'm going to post a ton of recipes in here. lmao. Then, I'll neve fuckin' lose them.

Rikk
07-11-2005, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Oh, I put it in blue cos it will be easier for me to find when scrolling through old threads. lol. Seriously, this will help me so much cos I'm going to post a ton of recipes in here. lmao. Then, I'll neve fuckin' lose them.

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=447504

MAX
07-11-2005, 03:22 AM
Hahahaha!!!

I KNEW you'd be the first one to make fun of my domestic bliss. lol.

Be good bro and I'll walk you through the steps and show you how to make a bowl of cereal if you're nice.

canadiandlrgirl
07-11-2005, 03:38 AM
I think it is cool that a guy loves to cook :)

MAX
07-11-2005, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by canadiandlrgirl
I think it is cool that a guy loves to cook :)

Thanks CG. :)

Rikk
07-11-2005, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Be good bro and I'll walk you through the steps and show you how to make a bowl of cereal if you're nice.

You have to know how to cook with all those wives to feed.

canadiandlrgirl
07-11-2005, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Thanks CG. :)

:)

Carmine
07-11-2005, 09:13 AM
Nice thread, Max!

If anyone didnt know, I'm Italian and having a passion for cooking is inborn.

I'll take the first step here and give you all, RAGU's pasta sauce recipe.( and it is NOT that shit you buy in a jar!!)

Ingredients:

9-12 fresh, ripe tomatos
3 jars tomato paste
3 cloves of fresh garlic (chopped)
extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup red wine (burgundy, prefered)
1 red onion-chopped
1 green pepper-chopped
2 portabella mushrooms- chopped

Now...the secret to a great tasting sauce is...MEAT! I like to put as much in the sauce as the pot will take.

Meatballs, Itailan sausage, pork and VEAL. Veal shanks are what give it the flavor. USE THEM...

start with enough Olive Oil to coat the sauce pan...fry up the chopped garlic...add the wine...the sugar...onions, peppers and mushrooms.

dump in your tomato's and tomato paste, STIR IT...and keep stirring it!! Bring it to a boil...STILL STIRRING...shove in all your meatballs, sausage, pork and veal. KEEP STIRRING...if the sauce sticks, your fucked...it'll taste like shit.

When I make sauce its an all day affair...throw a little Frank or Dino on the stereo, drink the wine that you didnt use in the sauce...

let the sauce cook for at least 3 hours, longer if you can!

...and thats my trick.

canadiandlrgirl
07-11-2005, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Carmine Raguzza.
Nice thread, Max!

I'll take the first step here and give you all, RAGU's pasta sauce recipe.( and it is NOT that shit you buy in a jar!!)

Ingredients:

9-12 fresh, ripe tomatos
3 jars tomato paste
extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup sugar
1 red onion-chopped
1 green pepper-chopped

Now...the secret to a great tasting sauce is...MEAT! I like to put as much in the sauce as the pot will take.

Meatballs, Itailan sausage, pork and VEAL. Veal shanks are what give it the flavor. USE THEM...

start with enough Olive Oil to coat the sauce pan...fry up the chopped garlic...add the wine...the sugar...onions, peppers and mushrooms.

dump in your tomato's and tomato paste, STIR IT...and keep stirring it!! Bring it to a boil...STILL STIRRING...shove in all your meatballs, sausage, pork and veal. KEEP STIRRING...if the sauce sticks, your fucked...it'll taste like shit.

When I make sauce its an all day affair...throw a little Frank or Dino on the stereo, drink the wine that you didnt use in the sauce...

...and thats my trick.

like i said....i love a man who knows how to cook;)

Carmine
07-11-2005, 09:20 AM
like i said....i love a man who knows how to cook;)

...and "COOK" I can...but you knew that already.:D

canadiandlrgirl
07-11-2005, 09:39 AM
...and "COOK" I can...but you knew that already.:D

of course......;)

Golden AWe
07-11-2005, 09:51 AM
Count me in!

it's been funny to travel around, seeing all my south european student friends who are so impressed that a male cooks well, but also does the laundry, makes his bed etc...men don't do that in every country!

I'll be back with some recipes...btw, Carmine's pasta sauce made me hungry!

Carmine
07-11-2005, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Golden AWe

...btw, Carmine's pasta sauce made me hungry!

LOL...enjoy it, AWe.

blonddgirl777
07-11-2005, 11:52 AM
Hey Max (or anyonelse...),

I always marinate the salmon and chicken breasts in some vinaigrette (from the srore) but it always end-up being dry, when I BarB.Q. it...

Any tricks to make sure those meats don't dry up?

Carmine
07-11-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by blonddgirl777

I always marinate the salmon and chicken breasts in some vinaigrette (from the srore) but it always end-up being dry, when I BarB.Q. it...

sear the meat BEFORE you put it in the marinate.

blonddgirl777
07-11-2005, 11:55 AM
Also, I have tried to re-create that Peanut sauce they make in the Thai. restaurants... but the texture is never right!

Anyone has that receipe?

blonddgirl777
07-11-2005, 11:58 AM
sear the meat BEFORE you put it in the marinate.

Thanks,
Will do...

I beat the shit out of steak but I didn't know you could sear chicken and fish?

blonddgirl777
07-11-2005, 12:15 PM
Because you HAVE TO eat your green veggies...

"GREEN SOUP"

Throw in some home made (or already made) broth;
- 1 Broccoli,
- 1 Stalk of Rappini,
- 1 Package of Spinach,
- 2 small Zuchinis,
Boil until everything is tender...
(no need to chopp everything in very small peices).

Then ,add;
- 1 Stalk of Italian Parsley,
- 1 Stalk of Basil,
- 1 Stalk of Oregano,
- freshly crushed Garlic, and ground Pepper (to taste)...
Boil for another 10 minutes, cool down.
Pass everything in the blender and re-mix in a big bowl.

You can freeze in small jars and re-heat as you need...

The secret is in the broth you chose...
That is what will give it the taste you need to forget yu're eating "just greens"!

N.B.: Celery would be excellent for your health, but eaven if blended for a long time, it leaves some "threads".

blonddgirl777
07-11-2005, 12:25 PM

...I'll take the first step here and give you all, RAGU's pasta sauce recipe...

I will sure try that!
The sugar probably takes away the acidity from the tomatoes...

But It seems like a huge quantity.
About how many people can you feed on 1 receipe?

Carmine
07-11-2005, 12:27 PM
Thanks,
Will do...

I beat the shit out of steak but I didn't know you could sear chicken and fish?

Just a scratchin to allow the marinate to get in there.

Carmine
07-11-2005, 12:35 PM
I will sure try that!
The sugar probably takes away the acidity from the tomatoes...

But It seems like a huge quantity.
About how many people can you feed on 1 receipe?

10 -12 good sized Italians, depending on how much pasta you make too, AND how much of the sauce is eatin during the cooking process on the end of a peice of Italian bread.

yes, the sugar does take away the acidity from the tomato's.
:D

Carmine
07-11-2005, 03:06 PM
BG, just 1/3 everything and you'll make only enough for 3-4 people.

guwapo_rocker
07-11-2005, 03:38 PM
Nice thread, Max!

Ingredients:

9-12 fresh, ripe tomatos
3 jars tomato paste
extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup sugar
1 red onion-chopped
1 green pepper-chopped

...and thats my trick.

I going to try this on Sunday if I survive Sarnia.

Ragu, what size tomato paste jars/cans?

Carmine
07-11-2005, 03:58 PM
3 small ones or 1 big one.

12-16 oz...either way if your making enough for 10.

guwapo_rocker
07-11-2005, 04:00 PM
Cool.

I have 17 Tomato plants going strong:D

Bill Lumbergh
07-11-2005, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Hey,

I'm sure we've prolly had one of these before but let's make this one a keepa. The reason that I thought of this is cos number one, I fucking love to cook. Number two, things are a bit slow in Non at the moment. Number three tis' that over the yeeyas I've both given and received so many stellar recipes from fellow posters and it's been stellar.

In fact, I just made a stellar dessert today that another fellow poster sent me and it would be killer to share such culinary skills from around the globe.

Seriously, I'll also be happy to answer anyone's questions as well. I'm not a chef (although I play one on tv. lol) but I cook everything from homemade soups from scratch, BBQ'ing the perfect Lobster tail, doctoring up a grilled cheese sammich, using the right beeya to pre-cook brats prior to grilling and peparing a five star dinna for snotty company. Also, include any drink recipes as well.

Again, I'll love this thread cos I can start saving my recipes in it and not have to look all ova the computer, print them from local news, etc.

Muchas Gracias.

Recipes???!!!!! A DUDE started this thread?! Oh, Max did, THAT explains it!

Carmine
07-11-2005, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
Cool.

I have 17 Tomato plants going strong:D

Nice!! Take em fresh from the garden, chop em in half and throw em in...

guwapo_rocker
07-11-2005, 04:06 PM
Looking forward to it.

Hey where's Buck been?

Nickdfresh
07-11-2005, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
Recipes???!!!!! A DUDE started this thread?! Oh, Max did, THAT explains it!
:DI thought his wives did the cooking.

Carmine
07-11-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
Looking forward to it.

Hey where's Buck been?

WORK.

Bill Lumbergh
07-11-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
:DI thought his wives did the cooking.

I wonder if he has one wife to cook breakfast, one for lunch, dinner, midnight snack, drinks........hmmmmmm, wonder what the OTHER 7 remaining do while the others are cooking?! :D

MAX
07-11-2005, 08:57 PM

Another key is to get your grill EXTREMELY hot before you throw on the meat. Also, how often do you flip or press down on the meats while cooking? Pressing down is a major no-no cos you squeeze all of the natural juices out. Flipping should only be done ONCE while grilling. You wanna cook both sides evenly and no more or hence, your dry salmon or chicken. Salmon tis' so easy anyway and so full of natural oils that it doesn't need to be marinaded very long. As for chicken, marinades are great and very easy. Chicken is great cos it doesn't take too long to cook on the grill plus it changes color to let you know when it's fully cooked. The key is to once again have a very hot grill and keep the lid covered while cooking. That way it will help bake the inside of the meat while you are cooking both sides evenly.

SweetSecrets
07-11-2005, 10:55 PM
Oh my God Max! This is a great thread...

You won't believe it, but I'm probably the only southern belle who can't cook.

I have to learn!!! I am going to be feeding Marky Man.

I think he is going to be the one who ends up teaching me.

I'm an embarrassment to all the many generations of my southern cookin Mississippi Mamas.

Phil theStalker
07-11-2005, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Hey, I'm sure we've prolly had one of these before but let's make this one a keepa. The reason that I thought of this is cos number one, I fucking love to cook. Number two, things are a bit slow in Non at the moment. Number three tis' that over the yeeyas I've both given and received so many stellar recipes from fellow posters and it's been stellar...
I can mmake soup..

:spank:

MAX
07-12-2005, 12:29 AM
Nice thread, Max!

Thank you Carmine. :cool:

Tis' funny cos my sauce is extremely similar to yours. Howeva, I fuckin' made it up so I don't have the precise amounts and ingredients down. Next time I cook a batch, I'll have to write it down. Anyway, my method of madness is very similar to yours so if anyone wants to monkey with my version, I'll post the ingredients and the way I cook it. Tis' very basic but oh so yummy. :)

BASIC MARINARA BOLOGNESE SAUCE ala MAXIMUS

I use:

1 lb Ground Beef

1 lb Ground Pork Sausage

1/2 lb Ground Veal

2 Green Bell Peppers (diced)

1 Large Yellow Onion (finely chopped)

Kosher Salt

Freshly Ground Black Pepper

Both the salt and pepper use according to taste and your own seasoning preferences.

1 Entire Bulb of Garlic (Finely Chopped). Screw how many cloves cos I end up using the entire thing. lol

Fresh Basil (Finely Chopped) ***

Fresh Oregano (Finely Chopped) ***

*** I take both the basil and the oregano, remove the stems and chop them in a mini cuisinart along with a drizzle of the olive oil. Saves time from chopping them individually. So, call that a bit of a "cheat sheet" if you will. lol.

1 tb Sugie

1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Could be more or less, I just wing it?

Mushrooms Again, I have no idea as to how many I throw in but I do slice a shitload cos they cook down so much. Soooo, I'll guesstimate prolly about 30 fresh shrooms with the stems removed and sliced.

1 can (28 0z) can Tomato Sauce

1 - 6 oz can Hunt's Tomato Paste Basil, Garlic and Oregano

1 can (28 oz) Hunt's Hunt's Whole Tomatoes (In the summer I use fresh blanched tomatoes from my garden.

1 cup Red Wine - Merlot, Cab or whateva you have around the house.

A few dashes of Tabasco or your favorite hot sauce.

Ok, first off I take a huge skillet and heat it up to about Med/High with the olive oil. I then cook a handful of garlic and the entire onion. Then add all of the ground beef, sausage and veal and brown it. Brown it to about a "medium cos you'll simmer the meat for a cupla hours in the sauce and you don't want it cooked like a motherfucker right off the bat. Season with salt and pepper. Once that's all cooked, I drain the fat and oil and dump into a separate and big pot.

Alright, now add the tomato paste to the meat, onion and garlic. Once that's all mixed I add the tomato sauce and can whole tomatoes. Keep it on low heat cos you're going to simmer the fucker for a cupla hours.

Then just start adding all of the other stuff. Put it all in, bring it to a boil and then simmer for a cupla hours so the sauce can incorporate all of the flavors. Also, be sure to taste repeatedly while cooking so you know what to add seasoning wise i.e. salt, pepper and garlic. Also and this is always a golden rule when cooking anything, remember to go easy on the seasoning at first cos you can always add more as you go. Howeva, you cannot take shit out.

Pretty basic but is delicious. Like I've stated. I just learned how to make basic sauce many miles back and I now just have it down. Hopefully you get the jist of it? It's very easy.

canadiandlrgirl
07-12-2005, 12:40 AM
LOL....

MAX
07-12-2005, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by SweetSecrets
Oh my God Max! This is a great thread...

Thanks Mary and I truly hope that people will fully utilize this thread. I'm going to post a ton of my stuff just so I have it on hand. Also, I'd just love for people to post killer family recipes etc. Like I stated earlier, I've swapped recipes with a few people on these sites ova the yeeyas and have learned to make some great stuff.

MAX
07-12-2005, 12:41 AM
LOL....

What's so funny about my sauce? :confused:

Dan
07-12-2005, 01:00 AM
I Love Hair Pie.lol

MAX
07-12-2005, 01:49 AM
GARLIC BREAD and believe me, it tis' fucking GARLIC bread. Your breath will reek. lol.

Easy and another one I made up to go along with either my stellar sauce or your can of pasghetti-o's. lol.

1 Loaf French or Sourdough Bread sliced lengthwise

1 bulb Garlic (finely Chopped) and leave a few cloves separate cos we'll roast them on top of the bread when we bake the fucker.

Fresh Parsley (Finely Chopped)

2 cups butter (softened)

Kosher salt

Fresh Ground Pepper

Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Mozzarella, Provolone or Freshly shredded Parmesan Cheese (Optional)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F along with a cookie sheet.

Aiiight, in a bowl take your butta, dashes of salt and garlic. Mince and mash garlic to a paste with salt using rounded end of a heavy knife. Stir together the butter, oil, and garlic paste in a bowl until smooth, then stir in parsley.

Then spread it all over the bread. Add several cloves of the unchopped garlic all over the bread. Put the loaves on the heated cookie sheet and bake for approx 10 minutes. Once again, I just made this up so I'm wingin' it in type. Just keep checking until the butter is melted and the bread is golden brown on the edges.

Now for the cheese part (fully optional)

Once the bread tis' pretty much done, put whatever cheese you want on top and broil it until it melts. Now that part you'll just have to eye it for yourself and just don't burn down the house. lol.

The bread can be spread with garlic butter 8 hours ahead and chilled, wrapped in foil. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before baking it. Anyway, when you're all done, just slice it up and serve along with whateva main dish.

Phil theStalker
07-12-2005, 02:04 AM
I can mmake Pop-Tarts..

FRESHLY TOAStitED

MAX
07-12-2005, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Phil theStalker
I can mmake Pop-Tarts..

FRESHLY TOAStitED

That will work and Dump recipes are always a stellar welcome. :)

Phil theStalker
07-12-2005, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by MAX
That will work and Dump recipes are always a stellar welcome. :)
Dump Recipes

dat's a goode name f4or mmy booke..

i'll begin t2omorrow..

thnxx

canadiandlrgirl
07-12-2005, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by MAX
What's so funny about my sauce? :confused:

lol...i'm sorry Max i wasn't laughing at your sauce :o
i was laughing at Bill and Nick....
i happen to think your sauce sounds very yummy :p
and by the way did i mention this is an awesome thread :)

Phil theStalker
07-12-2005, 02:39 AM
lol...i'm sorry Max i wasn't laughing at your sauce :o
i was laughing at Bill and Nick....
i happen to think your sauce sounds very yummy :p
and by the way did i mention this is an awesome thread :)
i can mmake sauce t2oo..

aff da hormonal flavour..

tit should neva bee served cold..

and aff tit tastes t2oo hot go see a doctor immediately f4or a penicillin shot, ok

canadiandlrgirl
07-12-2005, 02:44 AM
i can mmake sauce t2oo..

aff da hormonal flavour..

tit should neva bee served cold..

and aff tit tastes t2oo hot go see a doctor immediately f4or a penicillin shot, ok

:confused:

Phil theStalker
07-12-2005, 02:48 AM
:confused:
splooge sauce, babee..

goode on a taco and goode f4or repairing loose wallpaper..

yoo mmust bee 18+ yeers or older t2o discuss livestock sauce, ok..

canadiandlrgirl
07-12-2005, 02:55 AM
splooge sauce, babee..

goode on a taco and goode f4or repairing loose wallpaper..

yoo mmust bee 18+ yeers or older t2o discuss livestock sauce, ok..

LOL....sure ok
and i'm way over 18 hun

Phil theStalker
07-12-2005, 03:00 AM
LOL....sure ok
and i'm way over 18 hun
sum peeps think da sauce is all aboot heat..

butt tit's all aboot flavor:)

canadiandlrgirl
07-12-2005, 03:02 AM
sum peeps think da sauce is all aboot heat..

butt tit's all aboot flavor:)

oh really...i bet your sauce is very yummy too :)

Bill Lumbergh
07-12-2005, 02:17 PM
Top Ramen.........boil water.........throw noodles in for 3 minutes.........add flavor packets........stir...........wait for the VERY IMPRESSED female to remove her panties.

thome
07-12-2005, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
Top Ramen.........boil water.........throw noodles in for 3 minutes.........add flavor packets........stir...........wait for the VERY IMPRESSED female to remove her panties.

Fast Easy Filling... I Love It. Ill try it on the dog first!

Bill Lumbergh
07-12-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by thome
Fast Easy Filling... I Love It. Ill try it on the dog first!

5 stars for knowing GREAT cuisine when you see it! :D

Carmine
07-12-2005, 02:28 PM
Ill try it on the dog first!

Uhh, which part? :D

I was gonna put up my stuffed mushroom filling recipe, but I need to know this first.:D

thome
07-12-2005, 02:36 PM
Uhh, which part? :D

I was gonna put up my stuffed mushroom filling recipe, but I need to know this first.:D

Well. the bitch bit me three times while i tried to get the panties
on her .We both loved the noodles .

Carmine
07-12-2005, 02:39 PM
Well. the bitch bit me three times while i tried to get the panties
on her .We both loved the noodles .

Panties OFF, thome...panties OFF!

glad you liked the noodles though...:D

thome
07-12-2005, 02:44 PM
Panties OFF, thome...panties OFF!

glad you liked the noodles though...:D

I had to get them on first Dirty Slut never wears panties!! :D

Carmine
07-12-2005, 02:56 PM
I had to get them on first Dirty Slut never wears panties!! :D

NICE!!!!

You Da' MAN!!!!

...has she got a sister? Mom even?

Carmine
07-12-2005, 03:08 PM
Stuffed Mushroom filling---

As with Max's sauce this one is done by bing and bam. I just do it.

A pile of bread crumbs- enough for the amount of shrooms you have
couple of eggs
scallops
baby shrimp
crumbled bacon
roasted red peppers
Olive oil

Mozzarella cheese- fresh

Combine and finely dice, shrimp, scallops, bacon and peppers.

Crack eggs into your bread crumb pile and mix.

Work the diced filling into the bread crumb pile, drizzle with Olive oil, spoon filling into mushrooms and bake for about 10 -15 minutes at 325.

cover each shroom with Mozzarella, bake another few minutes...EAT!!

thome
07-12-2005, 03:11 PM
Heres my Easy middle of the week fare:

Salmon Croketts w Creamed Peas

2 cans salmon deboned place in large bowl

1/2 med yellow onion
1/2 green pepper
1 celery stalk
Chop finely saute'in butter let cool
2 eggs
20 Saltine crackers not 21 or 19
1 tsp lemmon pepper
1 lemmons worth of juice lil zest if ya wanna

Mix well in large bowl w salmon
form hamburger style paties not to thick
fry in vegetable oil till golden brown

Onions
Warm 3/4 stick of butter in skillet
slowly add flour stir to peanut butter consistancy
pull from heat stir in milk to creamy consistancy
add 1 box thawed frozen peas
add1/4 tsp or 1/2 sea salt
pepper to taste

YUMMY
hope you Enjoy!!

thome
07-12-2005, 05:34 PM
Carmine got your recip im going to try it dont know if anyone
likes salmon crokettes its simple. most of my others are to long to type today get some out soon

MAX
07-12-2005, 08:01 PM
Here's my fucking recipe gor the day...

1 Six Pack Red Stripe Lager

1 Perkacet

Swallow pain killa with tall, ice cold beeya and forget about it Dave...

thome
07-12-2005, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by MAX

1 Perkacet

Desert:
2 vicodan 2 wodka scewdrivers ( Stoli) 16 hr nap Happy Man!
:rolleyes:

Carmine
07-12-2005, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by MAX

1 Perkacet

NICE!

Jack and darvon is good too!

thome
07-12-2005, 08:31 PM
You must be prepared for the inevitable

Oh they are so special over at Roth Army they trade recipes
get your come backs formed you are gonna need em.

Everyone loves good food and i like to cook it so im ready.

MAX
07-12-2005, 08:36 PM
NICE!

What's "Darvon?"

I still have a shitload of perc's from spraining my foot and it's fucking sore t'day. Beeyas are a given after work anyway. :)

academic punk
07-12-2005, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by MAX
What's "Darvon?"

I still have a shitload of perc's from spraining my foot and it's fucking sore t'day. Beeyas are a given after work anyway. :)

You sprained your foot?????!!??

When?

Before or after the busted ribs?

Before or after the pebble flying in your face while mowing the lawn?

Was it the dog's fault again?

Or...was it Chester's???

blonddgirl777
07-12-2005, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by MAX
GARLIC BREAD and believe me, it tis' fucking GARLIC bread. Your breath will reek. lol.

YESSSSssss!!!...
I can't wait to try that and to say HHHHello in everybody's face...L.O.L.

I see you're using 2 cups of butter along with everything else so it is a big receipe...
For how long can you refregirate the remaining portion?
Or can you freeze it?

canadiandlrgirl
07-12-2005, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by MAX

1 Perkacet

that sounds like my kind of recipe :D

canadiandlrgirl
07-12-2005, 09:27 PM
Desert:
2 vicodan 2 wodka scewdrivers ( Stoli) 16 hr nap Happy Man!
:rolleyes:

that sounds like my kinda desert :D :D

canadiandlrgirl
07-12-2005, 09:32 PM
NICE!

and what's that the late nite snack ;) :D

Katydid
07-12-2005, 10:35 PM
As you might remember I had Moe's Diner in Roth Army Wall for a about a year. And I posted "OLD" recipes, and I mean old...
I actually have a package that are yellow with age and falling apart that has been handed down thru many years.

Here is one that was hot back in those days way back when...

Fruit Cocktail Cake
2 cups sifted flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
2tsp. soda
pinch of salt
2 eggs
2 cups of fruit cocktail (or one can)
1/2 cup of coconut

Mix it all up and pour it into a long pan. sprinkle with 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup pecans over batter. Bake 40 minutes at 325*

over...I'm sorry, it had a smudge took a minute to make it out...

Topping
1 cube oleo (that's margarine for the newbies)
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup Milnot or Carnation (that's condensed milk in a can)

Boil 5 minutes (I cook the topping longer until it thickens a little)

Remove from heat, and add 1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup coconut and 1/2 cup pecans

Remove cake from oven and spread topping on it while cake is still hot.

Use a toothpick or clean broom straw to stick in and see if it's done. Cake will be moist...

This cake was a staple growing up. It stays moist forever...

Gosh, may just have to go make one...

Katydid
07-12-2005, 10:59 PM
Here is one from Ed's Grandma Mary Johnson Turnbow...She was so old she went to the youngest Younger brother's funeral. He was related in some way...

Apple Coffee Cake or STRUEDEL

1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup flour
pinch of salt
1 tsp. soda
1/2 '' '' sorry that means ditto...or tsp. of baking powder
2/3 C cooking oil
2 cups chopped raw apples
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup or 1 cup nuts chopped

Bake in well oiled floured pan until done.

Bake at 350* She has the small 0 for with a line under it and a 1 surely not an hr? I'd say till golden brown

If it's smoking it's cooking, when it's black it's done...who said that??

Wonder if she knew Dwayne Johnson? he is a wrestler who likes to makes STRUEDEL

Katydid
07-12-2005, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
Count me in!

it's been funny to travel around, seeing all my south european student friends who are so impressed that a male cooks well, but also does the laundry, makes his bed etc...men don't do that in every country!

I'll be back with some recipes...btw, Carmine's pasta sauce made me hungry!

Golden Awe, this is serious cooking, not a way to meet girls. We don't need to hear all your qualifications.

And you don't look like a rock star, someone lied. You look like Benny Hill.

Katydid
07-12-2005, 11:10 PM
Heres my Easy middle of the week fare:

Salmon Croketts w Creamed Peas

2 cans salmon deboned place in large bowl

1/2 med yellow onion
1/2 green pepper
1 celery stalk
Chop finely saute'in butter let cool
2 eggs
20 Saltine crackers not 21 or 19
1 tsp lemmon pepper
1 lemmons worth of juice lil zest if ya wanna

Mix well in large bowl w salmon
form hamburger style paties not to thick
fry in vegetable oil till golden brown

Onions
Warm 3/4 stick of butter in skillet
slowly add flour stir to peanut butter consistancy
pull from heat stir in milk to creamy consistancy
add 1 box thawed frozen peas
add1/4 tsp or 1/2 sea salt
pepper to taste

YUMMY
hope you Enjoy!!

THIS IS NOT MARK FROM CHOIR IS IT?

Nickdfresh
07-12-2005, 11:40 PM
You really attracted the riff raff with this thread MAX. What happened to all my grate threads?:mad:

ALinChainz
07-12-2005, 11:58 PM
No one kills a thread like Katy.

No one.

Funny how someone pushing her Christian sites is here amongst the sinners ... where she's hated anyway.

MAX
07-13-2005, 05:00 AM
YESSSSssss!!!...
I can't wait to try that and to say HHHHello in everybody's face...L.O.L.

Hahahaha!!!

Why is it that garlic tastes sooooo good yet the aftermath of the smell is just UGHHHHHH?????

Fuck, I'm such a spaz that I even wear gloves when I chop it cos I don't like it stinkin' up my hands and the same goes with onions.

I see you're using 2 cups of butter along with everything else so it is a big receipe...
For how long can you refregirate the remaining portion?
Or can you freeze it?

Yup, lotsa butta cos you have to spread it thick over an entire loaf. Hey, no one said this recipe was low-cal. lmao.

You can definitely freeze it fo sho...

Also, refrigeration is fine. Just treat it like a normal bread. Common sense will tell you how long it will last and the mold will tell you when it's ripe. :)

MAX
07-13-2005, 05:01 AM
You really attracted the riff raff with this thread MAX. What happened to all my grate threads?:mad:

This thread will live. Tis' no fuckin' Pen but I plan on spamming it with recipes when I have time.

Carmine
07-13-2005, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by MAX
What's "Darvon?"

Another painkiller/muscle relaxer.

Take 2 Darvon's...add 3 parts Jack Daniels...Mix well....Hallucinate!:D

blonddgirl777
07-13-2005, 08:48 AM
I just loooove garlic...

Anyone here from Gilroy Ca.?
They have the "Garlic Festival" there every years, and apparently you can eat EVERYTHING made with garlic...
eaven Ice Cream!!!

I wonder if my local I Scream Man has this flavor???
:p

MAX
07-13-2005, 03:43 PM
I just loooove garlic...

Anyone here from Gilroy Ca.?
They have the "Garlic Festival" there every years, and apparently you can eat EVERYTHING made with garlic...
eaven Ice Cream!!!

I've seen a special on Food Network about that festival and I also saw the garlic ice cream. Sounds funky.

MAX
07-13-2005, 03:46 PM
Another painkiller/muscle relaxer.

Take 2 Darvon's...add 3 parts Jack Daniels...Mix well....Hallucinate!:D

Sounds well........... Relaxing. http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/happy/twist.gif

flappo
07-15-2005, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by Katydid

hahah , you deluded old windbag

canadiandlrgirl
07-15-2005, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by flappo
hahah , you deluded old windbag

LOL....

Carmine
07-15-2005, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Sounds well........... Relaxing. http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/happy/twist.gif

Indeed!

thome
07-15-2005, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Katydid

No, I used to sing in a choir but i got singing so queer they no longer
required it.

diamondsgirl
07-15-2005, 10:57 PM
I call this recipe "PMS FOOD"

1 pkg instant chocolate pudding
2 C Milk
1 bag of pretzels*

make pudding
toss in pretzels
eat

*potato sticks or fritos can be used as substitutions

canadiandlrgirl
07-16-2005, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl

2 C Milk
1 bag of pretzels*

make pudding
toss in pretzels
eat

LMAO @ PMS FOOD...:D

classicdude
07-16-2005, 09:42 AM
Kewl thread! I'm boiling eggs right now. Gotta bring a dish to pass for a card party tonight (:bottle: :smoke2: :gulp: :bananna: ) so I'm gonna whip up some deviled eggs.

I think the best recipes are the ones you come up with on the fly. Just start pulling out the herbs and spices you have on hand and mix it all together...that's how I usually make my marinades.

The last 'experiment' I had in the kitchen wasn't too bad...I had the idea to take some cooked angel hair, some spaghetti sauce + mini meatballs, some fresh ground cheeses and wrap them in large tortillas, then brown them in a skillet. Think I served them with a little extra spaghetti sauce and more cheese on top. Kinda different, but tasted alright.

Last_Child
07-16-2005, 02:42 PM
Sandcakes anyone?

Sand + Water.

May add snow or Grass.

MAX
07-17-2005, 09:40 PM

2 C Milk
1 bag of pretzels*

make pudding
toss in pretzels
eat

With a boxing gloves chaser...

*runs and hides*

You so crazy. :p

Why don't you post a recipe in heeya cos I happen to know that you are a stellar cook? ;)

Ally_Kat
07-17-2005, 09:53 PM
stuffed tomatoes!

You take some rather big tomatoes and core 'e, like you do to peppers for stuffed peppers.

Make some couscous and then mix it with a package of spinach, some diced mushrooms, and shredded chedder cheese(not too much). Put in over at 350 for about 15-20 min. Take out and season with some parmesan cheese, a lil basil, and a touch of salt.

Easy and delicious.

MAX
07-17-2005, 10:42 PM
Nice call Ally. :)

That reminds me of a very simple snack.

Take a slice of sourdough bread, lightly toast it. Put a slice of fresh tomato on top (only ones from my garden suffice 4 me. lol) a sprig of fresh basil, a slice of mozzarella or provolone on top. Salt and pepper, then throw it under the broiler in the oven until the cheese is melted.

Drizzle with olive oil and eat. Sooooo fucking good, easy and quick. Just like a 42nd Street chick. :o

Just as gooey too. lol.

canadiandlrgirl
07-17-2005, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Last_Child
Sandcakes anyone?

Sand + Water.

May add snow or Grass.

sounds yummy....:p

Ally_Kat
07-18-2005, 12:43 AM
mom picked up pickled tomatoes. Can't say they are my fave but she loves them.

Matt White
07-18-2005, 12:50 AM
I'll have to dig up my Bros's VENISON JERKY recipe 'MIllian!!!

ROCKIN'!!!:rockit2:

MAX
07-18-2005, 01:17 AM
That sounds stellar Taeo.

I love venison when done properly. My Grandmother used to make a killer venison chili. It was sooooo good. I have another recipe that is authentic Native American called "Mockahetti's" I will soon post within this thread. To make it excactly like the original recipe, it calls for venison. Howeva, it's very similar to taco-meat so we all use ground beef, which tis' how I will post it a little lata.

Matt White
07-18-2005, 01:20 AM
Right on! We use Venison in Chilli as well!!!

VENISON steaks for the jerky!!!:D

MAX
07-18-2005, 01:27 AM
Yup, venison is awesome. Heck, my Dad's side of the family resides in extremely rural Utah. I spent summers on the farm. I'm positive I've shared this a million times prior. Anyway, they HAD to utilize the annual deer hunt for food. Again, venison is great. Ever had elk Taeo?

Asking that brings me to another question. In fact, I once started a thread about it a few yeeyas back on Brett's site. What really "weird" stuff have you eaten in your time? Fuck, I've had deep fried rattlesnake and it honestly tasted like fuckin' chicken!!! lmao... I've also had BBQ'ed Aligator skewers, eel, buffalo burgers and other stuff. I'll think of more, that I am sure of.

Matt White
07-18-2005, 01:31 AM
Hmmm. no elk.

Buffalo, Alligator,.........not much myself.

Need to try rabbit....I've heard nothing but good things.

MAX
07-18-2005, 01:39 AM
I can't eat rabbit bro. They're just too fuckin' cute. :(

Ally_Kat
07-18-2005, 02:39 AM
My man's family tried to pull a fast one on the city girl and fed me venison stew without telling me. I've had it before and I also knew my guy and his dad had gone hunting not too long ago (he had venison steaks in his fridge I was going to cook up for dinner), plus I could taste it. So afterwards his dad laughs and informs me of what I jsut ate and I went, "yeah, I've had that before." It was so classic. They were so disappointed.

Now, if it were squirrel...

Last_Child
07-18-2005, 12:54 PM
sounds yummy....:p

It is..!

flappo
07-19-2005, 06:14 AM
grate thread !

Carmine
07-19-2005, 11:30 AM
Jack Daniels/ Garlic/ Italian sausage hoagie on da Grill.

This ones real easy!

Hoagie rolls
Jack Daniels whiskey
Green, yellow, red and banana peppers
Red Onions
Mushrooms
Your favorite cheese
Garlic butter spread (Props to MAX, use his recipe)
Hot Italian Sausage

Slice all the sausage, peppers, mushrooms and onions and soak overnight in straight JD.

Prepare your bbq by lining a section with tin-foil for your toppings. Just take em right from your marinate bag and toss them on to the foil about 20 minutes after you start the sausage.

When your sausage is just about done...slice your hoagie rolls and coat with your garlic spread and place. garlic butter side down on the "coolest" portion of your grill.

Remove rolls, layer inside with your cheese. place back on grill until cheese melts...

remove toppings...line the roll with the goop...grab a sauseege.

Eat.

Fagghetit!

Seshmeister
07-19-2005, 11:58 AM

Being bought jewelry and plenty of foreplay...

Phil theStalker
07-19-2005, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by flappo
grate thread !

They don't give a flying fakk aboot us..

WHERE'D YOU GET THE GUN?
Hell's Kitchen

blonddgirl777
07-20-2005, 10:18 PM
P.M.S. food???
1 Bag of "Doritos"!
:matrix: :gun: :wow2:

blonddgirl777
07-20-2005, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Being bought jewelry and plenty of foreplay...

L.M.F.A.O...
:lol: :spank:

diamondsgirl
07-21-2005, 11:45 AM
OK, a friend just gave me a bunch of moose meat. I have it frozen in my fridge...any suggestions???

diamondsgirl
07-21-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by MAX
I can't eat rabbit bro. They're just too fuckin' cute. :(

you're too fuckin' cute....:)

Phil theStalker
07-21-2005, 02:06 PM
OK, a friend just gave me a bunch of moose meat. I have it frozen in my fridge...any suggestions???
Yoo can doo dis..

www.bowhunting.net/susieq/moose.html

diamondsgirl
07-21-2005, 04:32 PM
Yoo can doo dis..

www.bowhunting.net/susieq/moose.html

mmmm...Moose Sukiyaki

has anyone ever tasted moose meat? :D

rustoffa
07-21-2005, 11:02 PM
This is a pretty easy one, expecially if you just bake the pork tenderloin instead of grilling/smoking it (it'll be better if you grill/smoke it).

rustoffa's BBQ Boboli.

If you're not in a hurry, smoke or CHARCOAL grill a pork tenderloin. You can bake it in the oven, but that shit's for kermudgins with cakes in boxes.

When your tenderloin is given the go-ahead, slice it up...don't chip it. Try to imagine pork tenderloin as short Mickie Dees fries.

Grab the Boboli package, and free the said Boboli.

Give the high dollar, half baked pizza thingy a LIGHT coat of PHILADELPHIA cream cheese. I have to stress the focus on LIGHT, and PHILADELPHIA brand. The Kroger/Publix/Albertson's/Feldi/whatever fucking generic brand cream cheese is sucky. Motherfuckers that obsess about cheesecakes will kick your fucking ass for even mentioning that shit. Don't forget to not go overboard with it...just a light coating.

Once you've lightly coated the half baked thing with the CC, apply a layer of your favorite BBQ sauce. KRAFT "HOT" never varies.

The next step is grating some pepperjack on it. That's right, GRATING. The pre-grated shit in ziplock bags is shite. Think Cabot.

All that's left is laying that tenderloin all over the thing like your playing OPERATION. If you like onions, go for the sweet variety.

Bake (I know, just for the sake of the boboli) that motherfucker directly on the top rack...according to the Boboli package directions. Don't use a pan, a stone, anything. Put the sonofabitch directly on the filthy fucking oven rack.

Let it cool off for a few minutes and go-to-town.

MAX
07-22-2005, 01:44 AM
you're too fuckin' cute....:)

Hello's and halos. http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/happy/angel.gif

And a little something for you...

diamondsgirl
07-22-2005, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Hello's and halos. http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/happy/angel.gif

And a little something for you...

damn...I gotta see that woman while she is still out and about

she is such a major talent!!!

how was the show???

(kind of off the food topic...but...hey...its Etta James!!!)

I'm putting her CD on right now!

MAX
07-22-2005, 03:38 PM
damn...I gotta see that woman while she is still out and about

she is such a major talent!!!

how was the show???

(kind of off the food topic...but...hey...its Etta James!!!)

I'm putting her CD on right now!

She said the show was great. I just scanned the ticket before they went so you could see it. I guess two of her sons play in her band?

blonddgirl777
07-26-2005, 11:18 PM
Max.,
I tried this garlic bread on saturday...
Very VERY good, but I am still digesting it!

Uff...

MAX
07-27-2005, 12:24 AM
Max.,
I tried this garlic bread on saturday...
Very VERY good, but I am still digesting it!

Uff...

Thanks. :)

It is was huh?

However, there is an infamous garlic burger in SLC that is absolutely stellar but the aftermath is much worse.

There is this old tavern at the mouth of one of our canyons called "The Cotton Bottom" and it's been there since the 40's. Anyway, they win every friggin' "Best Burger in Utah" poll and have done so for many years.

I promised Rustoffa if he ever goes skiing with me here that I'm treating him to one of those burgers and a few pitures of beeya.

Fuck, I just babbled. lol.

I swear, they must marinate the ground beef in garlic juice and then put a dry rub of garlic powder on them prior to cooking. lmao. They are the best but the burps that come from eating those things are bad enough to end a marriage. lol.

MAX
07-27-2005, 12:29 AM
Fuck, I love these greaseball burgers so much I had to do a Google on them.

Reviews and a pic of the beast (http://utah.citysearch.com/review/10397182)

Phil theStalker
07-27-2005, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Fuck, I love these greaseball burgers so much I had to do a Google on them.

Reviews and a pic of the beast (http://utah.citysearch.com/review/10397182)
i've got sum cherry ice cream and sum cherry pie..

who wants t2o bet they don't end up t2ogether?;)

YOU'VE GOT T2O HAVE VISION
Aff You Want T2o Eat Wit Precision

MAX
07-27-2005, 12:42 AM
While I'm in this thread and it's on my mind, does anyone have a really good New England Clam Chowder recipe? I'm talkin' a stellar one that blows people away?

I have a few good one's but none that I've ever gone completely apeshit over and have kept as an institution.

Thanks. :)

MAX
07-27-2005, 12:43 AM
i've got sum cherry ice cream and sum cherry pie..

who wants t2o bet they don't end up t2ogether?;)

YOU'VE GOT T2O HAVE VISION
Aff You Want T2o Eat Wit Precision

lmao... :D

twerp. :p

Phil theStalker
07-27-2005, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by MAX
lmao... :D

twerp. :p
i have sum goode pot, t2oo..

i've got cherries..

tit's pouring rain and thunder outside..

i've got munchies..

i'm strokin':)

dat's wot's GRATE aboot dis country..

HOMEGROWN

MAX
07-27-2005, 12:55 AM
Sounds grate Phil. :)

Any recipes to cook with it?

Phil theStalker
07-27-2005, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Sounds grate Phil. :)

Any recipes to cook with it?
Pot in recipes?

Dat should be a whole new thread!

Good idea..

excellent idea..

as soon as i'm not stoned anymo' i'll start a Pot Recipe thread:)

MAX
07-27-2005, 01:04 AM
Pot in recipes?

Dat should be a whole new thread!

Good idea..

excellent idea..

as soon as i'm not stoned anymo' i'll start a Pot Recipe thread:)

You do that but post recipes that actually have reefer as an ingredient. Not what you chow after partaking with the herb. ;)

Phil theStalker
07-27-2005, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by MAX
You do that but post recipes that actually have reefer as an ingredient. Not what you chow after partaking with the herb. ;)
dat's da whole idea..

Tit'll be a very slow evolving thread..

uh uh uh uh uh u hu hu h

i'll have a lot t2o catch up on.. hahahaa:)

CULINARY MIND SKILLS

MAX
07-27-2005, 01:20 AM
pot brownies or pasghetti with 'shroom sauce would be betta. ;)

Phil theStalker
07-27-2005, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by MAX
pot brownies or pasghetti with 'shroom sauce would be betta. ;) should we have a psychedelics recipe thread or separate threads f4or pot, mushrooms, etc.?

talk t2o mme.. huh

INDOOR HERB GARDEN

MAX
07-27-2005, 01:59 AM
Phil,

That's ALL yours?

Holy smokes and pun intended. lol.

I'm not a "smoker" but that's quite impressive.

mewisemagic
07-30-2005, 02:25 PM
Max,Thanks in advance for the spaghetti sauce recipe...Im fixing to cook it up right now....tried Carmines last Sunday and it was excellent,Just regret drinking so much Budweiser while i was cooking it!

MAX
07-30-2005, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by mewisemagic
Max,Thanks in advance for the spaghetti sauce recipe...Im fixing to cook it up right now....tried Carmines last Sunday and it was excellent,Just regret drinking so much Budweiser while i was cooking it!

Thanks dude. :cool:

MAX
07-31-2005, 11:55 PM
BUMP

Anything to put that fucking pic down. :mad:

blonddgirl777
08-01-2005, 12:32 AM
Sorry... just trying to get rid of the big ugly thread...

There you go!

diamondsgirl
08-28-2005, 12:38 AM
Max asked me for my New England Clam Chowda recipe, so I figured I'd post it here in case anyone else might like it. :)

3 cups water
1 cup white wine
8 pounds of clams
1/4 pound sliced bacon
3 medium onions, chopped
2 pounds of potatoes (or about 3-4 medium sized), peeled and diced
2 cups of heavy cream
thyme
bayleaf
parsley

In a large pot, bring water and wine to a simmer. Add the clams, cover, and cook until the clams have opened (10-15 min) Remove the clams from the pot, remove the clams from the shells and set aside. Strain the liquid and set aside.

In the large pot, cook the bacon until crispy, remove bacon from pot, cut into peices, and set aside. Add the chopped onion to the bacon fat over low heat, and cook the onions until they are soft. (appx. 15-20 min). Pour in the clam cooking liquid, add the potatoes, thyme, bayleaf and parsley, and simmer gently until the potatoes are cooked (appx. 20 min.)

Add the clams, bacon and cream to the soup. Simmer for at least 5 min. Longer is OK. Season with ground pepper before serving.

MAX
08-28-2005, 01:39 AM
Max asked me for my New England Clam Chowda recipe, so I figured I'd post it here in case anyone else might like it. :)

Thanks DG. :)

Antman
08-28-2005, 02:03 PM

Whenever I grill fish (and its almost always salmon) I never put it directly on the grill. Wrap it in aluminum foil. Use vegetable spray or Pam on the foil first. If you have a top rack, put it on that one. Fish is tough to marinate. If you do it too long, the marinade can actually cook the fish, which is probably why it's drying out.

blonddgirl777
08-28-2005, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Antman
Whenever I grill fish (and its almost always salmon) I never put it directly on the grill. Wrap it in aluminum foil. Use vegetable spray or Pam on the foil first. If you have a top rack, put it on that one. Fish is tough to marinate. If you do it too long, the marinade can actually cook the fish, which is probably why it's drying out.

Thanks!
Will try...

larbo
08-30-2005, 02:05 AM
heres a couple down home recipes

Spaghetti Casserole
3 t. shortening, 8oz. vermicelli spaghetti, 1 lb. ground beef, 1 1/2 tsp. garlic salt, 2 small onions chopped, 1 green pepper chopped, 4 stalks celery, thinly sliced, 1 large can of mushrooms, 1 can whole kernel corn, 2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper, 2 tsp. chili powder, 1 qt. tomatoes, 3/4 cup of water, 1 (16-oz.) pkg. mozzarella cheese(save til last)

melt shortening in a large skillet. brown spaghetti and ground beef. drain. add remaining ingredients and simmer for 25 minutes. add cheese and let melt.

DEER JERKY
4 pounds deer meat sliced thin, mix 3/4 cup soy sauce, 3/4 cup worcestershire sauce, 2 tsp. onion powder, 2 tsp. garlic powder, 2 tsp. season salt, 3 tsp. liquid smoke, 1 tsp. black pepper
optional:
1 to 2 tsp. ground red pepper, 1 tsp, red pepper flakes, a dash of franks red hot sauce

freeze meat until firm enough to slice thin. place in a large mixing bowl with lid. mix ingredients and pour the marinade over meat and set in refrigerator for at least 12 hours. place marinated meat in single layers in dehydrator 4 to 6 hours or until dry. store tightly in sealed ziploc bags.

what the hell, I'll even add a desert!

MOUNTAIN DEW CAKE
1 box orange cake mix, 1 (3-oz.) box instant coconut pie filling, 1 cup of oil, 4 eggs, 1 (12 oz.) mountain dew
TOPPING: 1 large can crushed pineapple, 1 1/2 cups of sugar, 1/2 cup of butter, 1 (3 oz.) can coconut, 3 tsp. self rising flour

cake: mix all together in a large bowl. beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. pour cake mixture into 9 x 13-inch greased pan. bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes. cool.
topping: mix sugar, pineapple, butter and flour together and bring to a boil. add coconut and stir. cool 15 to 20 minutes before putting topping on cake.
enjoy!!

Nickdfresh
08-30-2005, 02:11 AM

3 cups water
1 cup white wine
8 pounds of clams
1/4 pound sliced bacon
3 medium onions, chopped
2 pounds of potatoes (or about 3-4 medium sized), peeled and diced
2 cups of heavy cream
thyme
bayleaf
parsley

In a large pot, bring water and wine to a simmer. Add the clams, cover, and cook until the clams have opened (10-15 min) Remove the clams from the pot, remove the clams from the shells and set aside. Strain the liquid and set aside.

In the large pot, cook the bacon until crispy, remove bacon from pot, cut into peices, and set aside. Add the chopped onion to the bacon fat over low heat, and cook the onions until they are soft. (appx. 15-20 min). Pour in the clam cooking liquid, add the potatoes, thyme, bayleaf and parsley, and simmer gently until the potatoes are cooked (appx. 20 min.)

Add the clams, bacon and cream to the soup. Simmer for at least 5 min. Longer is OK. Season with ground pepper before serving.

I have to try that!

This has been my clam chowder recipe:

http://www.homegrocer.com/images/products/chunky-ne-clam-chowder.jpg

And this is one of my favorite places to go in the whole wide world:

(Located in ESSEX, MA)
http://www.hollyeats.com/images/woodman-1.jpg

Little Texan
09-02-2005, 08:19 PM
Here's one that I made last Sunday that was nothing short of awesome!

Mexican Lasagna

1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 large onion -- chopped
1 can refried beans
16 lasagna noodles -- cooked and drained
2 teaspoons oregano
1 teaspoon ground cumin
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 1/2 cups salsa
1 cup Monterey jack cheese -- shredded
1 cup cheddar cheese -- shredded

2 cups sour cream
3/4 cup sliced green onions
1 small can black olives -- sliced

Brown ground beef and drain well. Add onion and continue to cook until
onion is translucent. Remove from heat. Stir in beans, oregano, cumin and
garlic powder. Place 4 noodles in the bottom of a 13x9x2 inch baking pan
coated with non stick spray or lightly greased. Spread 1/3 meat mixture
over noodles, top with 1/3 cup Monterey Jack cheese and 1/3 cup cheddar
cheese. Continue layering. Cover pan with foil and bake at 350 degrees for
1 hour. Remove from oven and top with sour cream, sliced green onions,
sliced black olives and Monterey Jack cheese. Return to oven without
covering for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : For the topping; combine sour cream, onions and olives together
then top lasagna.

diamondsgirl
09-02-2005, 08:24 PM
I have to try that!

This has been my clam chowder recipe:

http://www.homegrocer.com/images/products/chunky-ne-clam-chowder.jpg

And this is one of my favorite places to go in the whole wide world:

(Located in ESSEX, MA)
http://www.hollyeats.com/images/woodman-1.jpg

Ive never been to Woodmans but they ARE well known for their clambakes and their chowda.

Little Texan
09-02-2005, 08:25 PM
This recipe, and many more can be found at www.recipesource.com There haven't been many recipes from this site that I tried that turned out bad, and I've tried quite a few! ;)

diamondsgirl
09-02-2005, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Little Texan
Here's one that I made last Sunday that was nothing short of awesome!

Mexican Lasagna

1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 large onion -- chopped
1 can refried beans
16 lasagna noodles -- cooked and drained
2 teaspoons oregano
1 teaspoon ground cumin
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 1/2 cups salsa
1 cup cheddar cheese -- shredded

2 cups sour cream
3/4 cup sliced green onions
1 small can black olives -- sliced

Brown ground beef and drain well. Add onion and continue to cook until
onion is translucent. Remove from heat. Stir in beans, oregano, cumin and
garlic powder. Place 4 noodles in the bottom of a 13x9x2 inch baking pan
coated with non stick spray or lightly greased. Spread 1/3 meat mixture
over noodles, top with 1/3 cup Monterey Jack cheese and 1/3 cup cheddar
cheese. Continue layering. Cover pan with foil and bake at 350 degrees for
1 hour. Remove from oven and top with sour cream, sliced green onions,
sliced black olives and Monterey Jack cheese. Return to oven without
covering for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : For the topping; combine sour cream, onions and olives together
then top lasagna.

sounds real good...I've been havin' a hankerin' for some Mexican lately

Little Texan
09-02-2005, 08:30 PM
Another great recipe...

Greek Spaghetti

1 Garlic clove, minced
2 tb Olive oil
2 cn (14 1/2-ounce) diced
-tomatoes with basil,
-garlic, and oregano
1/2 c Sliced green onions
1/4 c Chopped fresh parsley
3 tb Lemon juice
7 oz Thin spaghetti, cooked
1 c Crumbled feta cheese
1 cn (4-ounce) sliced ripe olives
-(optional)
Garnishes: lemon slices,
-green onions, fresh parsley
-sprigs

Saute garlic in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet until tender. Add
tomatoes and next 3 ingredients; saute 2 minutes or until thoroughly
heated. Toss together tomato mixture, pasta, cheese, and, if desired,
olives. Serve immediately. Garnish, if desired.

Easy, and delicious!

Little Texan
09-02-2005, 09:43 PM
I propose stickying this thread.

Little Texan
09-10-2005, 01:14 AM
This one came out of an old church cookbook.

Spinach Enchilada Casserole

2 lb ground chuck
1 large onion, chopped
1 pkg frozen spinach
1 (1 lb) can tomatoes
1 can mushroom soup
1 (8 oz) carton sour cream (or 8 oz cottage cheese, blended)
1/4 c milk
3 garlic cloves, minced
16 fresh or frozen tortillas
1/4 c melted butter
2 (4 oz) cans chopped green chilies
1/2 lb Longhorn cheese, grated

Brown meat and drain. Stir in onions, tomatoes, spinach (cooked and drained). Combine soup, sour cream, milk, garlic, chilies and mix well. Dip 8 tortillas in melted butter and arrange on bottom and sides of large casserole. Spoon half above ingredients on tortillas and add a layer of cheese. Arrange the other 8 tortillas, dipped in butter, and put remaining ingredients on top. Add remainder of cheese. Bake 35 minutes in 325 degree oven. Serves 12. Freezes well.

Phew! Typed that word for word out of the book for you folks. A couple of notes...it doesn't indicate what type of tortillas to use, but I assumed they meant corn tortillas, so I used them and it turned out great. Also, it doesn't say this, but you might want to salt and pepper the ground meat while you're cooking it, as well. Not too much, but enough to spice the meat a little.

EbDawson
11-04-2005, 09:25 AM
Max, couldn't find that thread where we talked about the wings. I found this thread, neat one.

Anyway, does it matter what oil I use to fry the wings? Canola, vegetable, corn, Quaker State? I think I may break out the deep fryer for Monday's Pats vs. Colts. I'd also like to cut up some chicken breasts, bread 'em and fry those bastards. Maybe some mushrooms too while I'm at it.

MAX
11-05-2005, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by EbDawson
Max, couldn't find that thread where we talked about the wings. I found this thread, neat one.

Anyway, does it matter what oil I use to fry the wings? Canola, vegetable, corn, Quaker State? I think I may break out the deep fryer for Monday's Pats vs. Colts. I'd also like to cut up some chicken breasts, bread 'em and fry those bastards. Maybe some mushrooms too while I'm at it.

I just use basic vegetable oil when using a deep fryer. It works just fine. :)

EbDawson
11-05-2005, 05:51 AM
Thanks, will do.

MAX
11-05-2005, 10:10 PM
Let me know bro, I always like hearing how stuff turns out. :cool:

larbo
11-06-2005, 12:34 PM
There is a plant we have that grows up in the hills in the spring called a ramp. city peeps call them leeks I think. It's kinda like a cross between garlic and a green onion. I'm surprized chefs have'nt used these. we have ramp festivals and you can taste many different recipes. my god they're sooo good. theres nothing like them. But the after effects are'nt too good. they stay on your breath for about two days but it's well worth it.

diamondsgirl
11-06-2005, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by larbo
There is a plant we have that grows up in the hills in the spring called a ramp. city peeps call them leeks I think. It's kinda like a cross between garlic and a green onion. I'm surprized chefs have'nt used these. we have ramp festivals and you can taste many different recipes. my god they're sooo good. theres nothing like them. But the after effects are'nt too good. they stay on your breath for about two days but it's well worth it.

how are things in West Vagina? :D

LOL...

MAX
11-06-2005, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by larbo

Leeks are commonly used in a lot of recipes. I always use them instead of onion in boullabaise or cioppino.

Millermoos
11-07-2005, 05:41 AM
I love cooking. I will post some recepies I use regularly at home.
Cool thread.
Milllermoos

bb64
11-07-2005, 06:48 PM
Mom's Banana Nut Bread
Melt 1 stick of butter
stir in 1 cup of sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 2 beaten eggs until smooth.
stir in 3 small or 2 large ripe bananas that have been mashed up.
stir in 1 and 1/4 cups flour mixed with 1 teaspoon baking soda and mix until flour is incorporated
add 1/2 cup walnuts.
pour into a greased 9 by 5 loaf pan
bake at 300 degrees for about an hour
or until the top springs back when pressed
enjoy :)

Julius
11-07-2005, 10:04 PM
Sticky this fucking thread!

Thanks Max and Carmine for the excellent sauce recipes.

I now know what I've been doing wrong. My last batch of tomato sauce tasted like a bucket of ass drippings.

And that ain't right.

Julius
11-07-2005, 10:11 PM
Sorry I said 'ass drippings' in a food-related thread.

larbo
11-08-2005, 12:42 PM
how are things in West Vagina? :D

LOL...

Nice & wet!;)

EbDawson
11-10-2005, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Let me know bro, I always like hearing how stuff turns out. :cool:

Max,wings turned out pretty good. I marinated 'em a couple of hours in some lime juice and lemon pepper. Fried 'em and tossed them in some Bar-B-que sauce, worchester and Frank's hot sauce. Very good, meat falling off the bone quality. My breaded chicken turned out really good considering it was the first time I've done that. I sliced up some breasts and breaded them using an egg wash. Turned out great, IMO.

mewisemagic
12-22-2005, 10:09 AM
Should have nominated this one!!

diamondsgirl
12-22-2005, 01:25 PM
Should have nominated this one!!

for Thread of the Year?

you're right! :cool:

mewisemagic
12-22-2005, 01:38 PM
for Thread of the Year?

you're right! :cool: Nope..Try again

MAX
12-23-2005, 04:30 AM
Thanks for bumping this thread cos I'd forgotten about it. :)

Heck, you are useful for something at this site after all.

Hey, if any of us have time over the next cupla days, please post some of your own stellar and unique family holiday stuff.

I'll share couple right off the bat.

My grandmother always did mint peas as a side dish for Christmas dinner. Sounds weird, I know but tasted yummy. Just frozen peas steamed with butter, salt, pepper and a cupla drops of peppermint extract. Tastes yummy with the turkey and stuff. :)

Also, my uncle does this wicked spinoff of the regular cranberry sauce. He does it with cranberries, vodka and horseraddish. 'Tis fucking stellar and gives both the turkey and gravy an extra "kick."

What else do y'all got besides green bean casserole?

blonddgirl777
12-23-2005, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by MAX
... Also, my uncle does this wicked spinoff of the regular cranberry sauce. He does it with cranberries, vodka and horseraddish. 'Tis fucking stellar and gives both the turkey and gravy an extra "kick."...

Me, VODKA (and cranberries) fan!!!
Will try and let you know...

Thanks!

diamondsgirl
12-23-2005, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Thanks for bumping this thread cos I'd forgotten about it. :)

Heck, you are useful for something at this site after all.

Hey, if any of us have time over the next cupla days, please post some of your own stellar and unique family holiday stuff.

I'll share couple right off the bat.

My grandmother always did mint peas as a side dish for Christmas dinner. Sounds weird, I know but tasted yummy. Just frozen peas steamed with butter, salt, pepper and a cupla drops of peppermint extract. Tastes yummy with the turkey and stuff. :)

Also, my uncle does this wicked spinoff of the regular cranberry sauce. He does it with cranberries, vodka and horseraddish. 'Tis fucking stellar and gives both the turkey and gravy an extra "kick."

What else do y'all got besides green bean casserole?

I like putting all kinds of fruit in my cranberry sauce

apples, pears, BANANAS, RAISINS....lol

want some Maximus??? :D :p

mewisemagic
12-23-2005, 09:41 PM

want some Maximus??? :D :p Get a room :D

blonddgirl777
12-24-2005, 01:33 AM
Get a room :D

... WITH a waterbed! :D

MAX
12-24-2005, 05:11 AM
Get a room :D

Get a clue. :rolleyes:

You ain't scorin' ANY points with that stupid title of yours either. Sucking fatass to a self proclaimed Un-Dave fan. 'Tis pathetic and you should be ashamed even showing your alias ridden mug around heeya.

And you call yourself a Rothfan? :mad:

MAX
12-24-2005, 05:16 AM

want some Maximus??? :D :p

*Doing my best fag or gay lisp imitation*

I love bananathhhhh coconuthhhh and grapethhhhh...

That'thhhhhh why they call me "Tarthhhan of the apethhhhhh..."

So queeya it belongs alongside some eggnog coffee circle jerk, no? lol :D

Yes, lots of raisins, bananas, avocados, and hard boiled eggs please.

And I'll make you a mushy and raw tomato sandwich. :p

I know you'd really WANna eat that. ;)

MAX
12-24-2005, 05:24 AM
Me, VODKA (and cranberries) fan!!!
Will try and let you know...

Thanks!

Wish I could tell you how to make it. :(

I know it's cranberries, creamed horseradish and stoli all pureed together. It has the consistancy of the creamed horseradish that 'tis traditionally served with prime rib. However, it's pink. I'll post the recipe if I can but I'm sure it's not too hard to figure out?

You prolly just mix the three ingredients together, throw 'em in a cuisinart and voila?

The same uncle of mine makes yams with bourbon that everyone gloats about. Can't say if they're any good or not cos I fuckin' hate yams and have never tried them.

MAX
12-24-2005, 05:25 AM
... WITH a waterbed! :D

I'd sail the high seas with Captain Diamondsgirl anyday. :)

MAX
12-24-2005, 05:32 AM
Heeyas another while I'm up recouperrating from coughing up my lungs, medicated and cannot sleep for a minute. :(

My mother's side of the family has also and always served sauerkraut as a side dish on both Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Either my Mom, Aunt or late Grandmother would/does cook up sauerkraut with diced up granny smith apples in them. 'Tis a delicious side dish and served hot.

I guess the recipe isn't too weird either cos I remember talking about putting the mixture on bratwurst to BigBadBrian (a Wisconsin native) a few years ago and he told me that it's a common German recipe.

blonddgirl777
12-27-2005, 12:33 PM
I only SPOKE about the cranberry/vodka sauce but was strongly warned NOT to add any horseradish to the cran. sauce etc...

So I thought... N'ha...
I'll just make a "Bay Breeze" and drink it up!

MAX
02-03-2006, 08:16 AM
*bump* errrrrrr... *burp*

There's this waaay old "market/deli" right by my crib (I've mentioned it many times before) where I sometimes stop for lunch, if I'm going home for the hour, etc. I live in an old neighborhood of SLC and this market has been there since the forties. 'Tis very "yuppie" now but the quality has always remained in tact.

'Tis a spendy place but they have the BEST products. I mean a BEYOND fresh fruit, veggie, salad "bar" and their meats, cheeses and breads are nothing but the best. An example of how stellar this market is; When you order a turkey sand, you don't get the pressed shit. It's real turkey meat and baked in house. Thick, just like after Thanksgiving. About ten bucks for most sandwiches but well worth it. Another example; They have this "Bayou Burger" which 'tis a blackened (cajun thingy that makes meat literally black) hamburger patty, tons of melted cheese, four cajun spiced, grilled shrimp with a spicy cajun mayo. The burger 'tis like twelve bucks but OMG!!!

Like I said, extremely pricey but I've never been into fast food and I'm careful about what goes into my body, so I don't mind spendin' cash for a healthy lunch on days when I don't make my own.

Anyhoo, they've started doing this cheapie "leftover lunch sandwich special" which I think 'tis totally cool and completely original. Plus, they don't waste whatever entree specials from the day prior. For instance, if they do say "Southern Fried Chicken" on Wednesday, don't sell it all, instead of throwing it away 'tis the next day's "Leftover Lunch Special." They take the fried chicken, strip both the meat and the breading off, put it on a sandwich with, mayo and coleslaw and sell it for lunch. 'Tis stellar.

Where am I going with this? Dunno? lol Anyway, yesterday I went in there to grab a bay shrimp salad (un-fucking-believable sandwich!!!) sand, pickle speeya and an apple for lunch but saw the leftover special and bought it.

It was a "Lasagna" sandwich. Fuckin' stellar!!! A heaping mound of homemade sagnee scrunched between thick sliced garlic bread, tons of melted mozzerella cheese and served hot. Isn't that cool? It was so fuckin' huge that I could only eat half of it for lunch and it was only five bucks. I also bought a cup their soup of the day (also homemade) cream of artichoke with crab. I'll post their soups some other time.

Anyway, didn't know where else to post this so I thought this thread would work?

diamondsgirl
02-03-2006, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by MAX
pickle speeya

ROTFLMAO :D

EbDawson
03-13-2006, 06:15 AM
Bump.

Anyone have any rib BBQ'ing REcipes to share. I have a contest to go to in Texas, early May and I ought to have a few run-throughs before then. Me and my brother/bro.-in-law have gone the past 2 years but for the most part we only succeeded in killing a few cases of Beer. :bottle:

We've always cooked pretty good stuff IMO but the competition is real stiff, people take their BBQ real seriously over there.

Anyway any stories/tips will probably be appreciated.

Millermoos
03-13-2006, 08:36 AM
Barbecued Chicken with an Apricot Glaze

– New recipe
This is a sauce that's suitable for all meats but particularly chicken drumsticks. One important point is that drumsticks need pre-baking in a pre-heated oven for 15 minutes just before glazing and barbecuing.

Serves 6

Ingredients
18 small-to-medium chicken drumsticks

one glass of white wine

For the apricot barbecue glaze:

2 large fresh apricots

2 rounded tablespoons dark soft brown sugar

2 fl oz (55 ml) Worcestershire sauce

2 fl oz (55 ml) light soy sauce

1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger

1 rounded teaspoon ground ginger

a few drops of Tabasco sauce

2 tablespoons tomato purée

1 clove garlic

freshly milled black pepper
Barbecued Chicken with an Apricot Glaze

– New recipe
This is a sauce that's suitable for all meats but particularly chicken drumsticks. One important point is that drumsticks need pre-baking in a pre-heated oven for 15 minutes just before glazing and barbecuing.

Serves 6
Ingredients
18 small-to-medium chicken drumsticks

a glass of white wine

For the apricot barbecue glaze:

2 large fresh apricots

2 rounded tablespoons dark soft brown sugar

2 fl oz (55 ml) Worcestershire sauce

2 fl oz (55 ml) light soy sauce

1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger

1 rounded teaspoon ground ginger

a few drops of Tabasco sauce

2 tablespoons tomato purée

1 clove garlic

freshly milled black pepper
M.

Millermoos
03-13-2006, 08:39 AM
These are best of all barbecued, but still taste very good grilled and they provide a special supper dish in moments. Loin chops can be cooked in the same way but need approximately 10 minutes each side.

Serves 4

Ingredients
8 British lamb cutlets (trim off most of the fat)

2 tablespoons made-up mustard (English or Dijon)

3 rounded tablespoons demerara sugar

salt and freshly milled black pepper

Pre-heat the grill to a high setting.

Click here for Donald Russell meat

Wipe the cutlets first with some absorbent kitchen paper to dry them, season them with salt and pepper, then spread both sides of each cutlet with mustard.

Now dip them in sugar, making sure they get an even coating, and grill them for about 5 minutes on each side – or more or less, depending on their thickness.

This recipe is taken from Delia Smith’s Complete Cookery Course and Delia Smith’s Complete Illustrated Cookery Course.

Sorry if it print twice I am having problems with my computer.
M.

blonddgirl777
03-13-2006, 05:23 PM
BlonddGirl's Everyday Smoothie
(Fuel for working out);

3/4 Cups of Frozen Fruits,
1/2 Banana,
1/2 Cup Plain Yogurt,
1 Whole Egg or 2 Tble Spoons of Egg Whites
(The egg can be replaced with Protein Powder)
1 Tble Spoon of Grinded Flax Seeds
2 Tble Spoons of Granola or Oatmeal
Liquify as you like, with 2% Milk...

Blend and Enjoy!
(Must be consumed immidiately because of the egg)...

Little Texan
07-06-2006, 12:27 AM
Little Texan's Mean Greens

4 bunches Turnip Greens
9 cans Beef Broth
1 pkg Hickory Smoked Bacon, cut into pieces
3-4 Turnips, diced
2 cups Water
Salt and Pepper

Pour beef broth and water into large pot, and put on low heat. Dump bacon pieces into broth and let cook for about 10-15 minutes. Put turnips in the pot, salt and pepper well, and turn up heat slightly. Let cook until turnips are nearly tender, then begin putting chopped greens into pot, little by little, until wilted down. Stir greens, salt and pepper to taste, and let cook for about 15 minutes, or until greens are fully cooked. Important Step Let greens sit in refrigerator overnight, then heat up next day and serve.

Guaranteed best greens you've ever had!

Loons The Great
07-11-2006, 10:45 AM
Shake it slow...do that ol' bump an' grind-ah...

Seshmeister
07-11-2006, 11:56 AM
A Sesh Special

1/4 Bottle Havana Club Blanco Rum
10 Ice Cubes
Diet Coke With Lime
1 Lime

Method

Take a pint glass and fill it halfway to the top with ice. Pour in rum, then fill to top with diet coke. Cut lime lengthwise. Squeeze one half into drink and drop the other half in the pint tumbler.

Drink.

Repeat.

Little Texan
07-13-2006, 10:54 PM
Fresh Tomato Salsa

1 1/2 pounds ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 medium red onion, chopped
1 large clove garlic, chopped
3 green onions, chopped
1 to 2 large fresh jalapeno peppers, chopped
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
1 to 3 cans of green chiles, depending upon taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons tomato juice

Combine onion, garlic, jalapeno and cilantro in blender or food processor. Pulse until finely chopped, but not pureed.

Add tomatoes, canned chiles, oil, lime juice, salt, cumin, vinegar and tomato juice. Pulse until just chopped, not too smooth.

Correct seasonings, if necessary. Cover and refrigerate for about an hour before serving. Makes about four cups.

Little Texan
07-23-2006, 09:55 PM
On the previous recipe, I use a 28 and 14 ounce can of tomatoes, each, and they work fine, no hint of a canned taste. I also double the amount of salt and cumin it calls for. Also, I use the tomato juice from the canned tomatoes rather than buy extra cans of it. I've been making the shit out of this the past couple of weeks! You can can this, but I suggest using pint jars and processing for 20 minutes in a boiling water canner, as it doesn't can well in large jars.

Little Texan
07-23-2006, 09:57 PM
Trying my best to keep this thread going!

blonddgirl777
07-26-2006, 11:01 PM
Fresh Tomato Salsa

1 1/2 pounds ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 medium red onion, chopped
1 large clove garlic, chopped
3 green onions, chopped
1 to 2 large fresh jalapeno peppers, chopped
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
1 to 3 cans of green chiles, depending upon taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons tomato juice

Combine onion, garlic, jalapeno and cilantro in blender or food processor. Pulse until finely chopped, but not pureed.

Add tomatoes, canned chiles, oil, lime juice, salt, cumin, vinegar and tomato juice. Pulse until just chopped, not too smooth.

Correct seasonings, if necessary. Cover and refrigerate for about an hour before serving. Makes about four cups.

Hey,
Do you own a "Magic Bullet"?
:p

I love Salsa...
Thanks!

MAX
07-27-2006, 01:19 AM
Trying my best to keep this thread going!

Bro, you're a stud for firin' up this pup again. :)

I'll help and post some more recipes over the weekend.

MAX
07-27-2006, 01:48 AM
I've gotta couple that I've completely made up. So, I'll type how I do them but unfortunately, I have no specific amounts of ingredients or for how many people, etc. Those of you who cook will have to figure that out on your own. lol

Ok, I made up these "Fajita-Type" grilled chicken sands for the bbq.

Take one packet of Lawry's Brand Fajita Seasoning Mix, some canned green enchilada sauce, the juice of one whole lime (dunno why but it works and adds a killer flavor?) and combine with the water amount the fajita mix says to use. I also add a little more fresh cracked pepper, garlic and hot sauce but that's just me cos I like the shit spicy.

Ok, combine all of that and marinate boneless chicken breasts in them for at least half a day. Overnight is even better.

Then just bbq the breasts. While grilling them and on the last turn, I put a thick slice of pepperjack or colby/jack on them to melt along with bacon and Ortega Brand mild green chilis, the canned whole ones. Actually, put the pepper slice underneath the cheese before you melt it for a better result, IMO.

For the buns, there's a "trick" my grandmother always used to "toast" them. Just spread mayo over the buns, put them face down and grill them. Might sound weird and/or gross but believe me, it flavors the fuck outa the buns and toasts them perfectly.

In this case, I make a "special" mayo for the sands. I just combine regular mayo with Chef Paul Prudhomme's Magic Seasoning Blends ~ Blackened Redfish Magic. Season and mix to taste. It makes a great and spicy "Southwesternish" mayo.

I also like to top these sands with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sliced black olives and sour cream. Y'all get the idea, I hope?

They're a great and EASY alternative for bbq chicken sands on the grill. Fuck, you could put whatever you want on them like grilled peppers, corn, etc...

Dan
07-27-2006, 01:49 AM
Easy One for everybody.

Dozen fresh Green Muscles.
Curry powder
1 fry pan
Oil/butter
mix together for 10 minutes and eat.

MAX
07-27-2006, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Dan
Easy One for everybody.

Dozen fresh Green Muscles.
Curry powder
1 fry pan
Oil/butter
mix together for 10 minutes and eat.

Do you mean Green Lip MUSSELS? lol :p

Cool idea. I like clams or NEW ZEALAND COCKLES the best. ;)

However, I use garlic, shallots, white wine and butter. Fuck, cockles are SERIOUSLY one of my FAVORITES EVA!!!

Are you familliar with Cockles Dan? The place where I buy them say they come from your land? Love them cos they're sweeter and little "baby" clams. Fuck, I'm drooling just thinking about them.

Dan
07-27-2006, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Do you mean Green Lip MUSSELS? lol :p

Cool idea. I like clams or NEW ZEALAND COCKLES the best. ;)

However, I use garlic, shallots, white wine and butter. Fuck, cockles are SERIOUSLY one of my FAVORITES EVA!!!

Are you familliar with Cockles Dan? The place where I buy them say they come from your land? Love them cos they're sweeter and little "baby" clams. Fuck, I'm drooling just thinking about them.

Hello Max.

Yes,Green Lip Mussels are The Best to use.Garlic Mussels are nice too.

Max,seafood is all-round our Great Country.

Seafood is great to build up your Muscles.:)

Cockles are like wild around here Max,you are allowed betwwen 20 to 40 per person when going out to get them off the beach.

MAX
07-27-2006, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by Dan
Hello Max.

Yes,Green Lip Mussels are The Best to use.Garlic Mussels are nice too.

Max,seafood is all-round our Great Country.

Seafood is great to build up your Muscles.:)

Cockles are like wild around here Max,you are allowed betwwen 20 to 40 per person when going out to get them off the beach.

What 'tis it with all of the names? :eek:

Don't tell me that ALL of them come from New Zealand?

Think about it?

COCKles. Mussels and the John Dory fish? lmao!!!

Seriously though, I fucking love cockles. I'm jealous. Gosh, I have to buy them for like 20 dollars a pound.

Dan
07-27-2006, 02:22 AM
Yes all from N.Z.:)

About the names,The Maori people were here first so We went with what the called them.:)

Max,You will have to come down here one day and enjoy our seafood for yourself.

I boil a pot of water and then put the cockles in until they are opened, then I make a sauce for them.

MAX
07-27-2006, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Dan
Yes all from N.Z.:)

About the names,The Maori people were here first so We went with what the called them.:)

Max,You will have to come down here one day and enjoy our seafood for yourself.

I boil a pot of water and then put the cockles in until they are opened, then I make a sauce for them.

It's a date. :)

You and me, cockles, muscles, stripping down to our bras and panties and having a ticklefight... :p

OOF!!! I think I've gone too far? :o lmao

Dan
07-27-2006, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by MAX
It's a date. :)

You and me, cockles, muscles, stripping down to our bras and panties and having a ticklefight... :p

OOF!!! I think I've gone too far? :o lmao

Bring plenty of SunScreen for the beach.:)

Bring your Togs and it's a date.:)

BBQ on The Beach,fine looking kiwi Ladies and a Keg or two of Beer to wash down the seafood.

Panamark
07-27-2006, 06:02 AM
Hairy Bearded Clams, with Kiwi white sauce, DAN THE MAN STYLE !!

ORRRIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHTTTTTTTTTTTTTT !!!!

Panamark
07-27-2006, 06:03 AM
Must heat them first, until they open up !!

You sneaky devil, Dan.. these are good tips, Im writing
this shit down !!!

(Are we talking about cooking ??)

Dan
07-27-2006, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
Must heat them first, until they open up !!

You sneaky devil, Dan.. these are good tips, Im writing
this shit down !!!

(Are we talking about cooking ??)

LOL

Yes the cooking.:)

blonddgirl777
07-28-2006, 09:32 AM
I might have written that one before but since I think it's a real good one for the majority here...

Beer Chicken;

Cut in cubes, some chicken breasts and boil them in beer until cooked right but not to much.
Serve with white rice.

Seriously!

I've never been that great of a cook but my husband saw me as a real chef, the first time I pulled that one.

diamondsgirl
07-28-2006, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Dan
Hello Max.

Yes,Green Lip Mussels are The Best

Max prefers green lipstick...actually aquamarine is his fav...and it looks great with his eyes...:D

Little Texan
07-31-2006, 10:23 PM
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Anaheims

Original Recipe

10 or more fresh anaheim peppers
8 oz. pkg Mexican cheese blend
1 pkg thick sliced bacon
2-3 small jalapeno peppers, sliced
1 pkg Philadelphia cream cheese
1/2 stick real butter
vegetable oil
toothpicks

Roast peppers in pan under broiler until skin is blackened and ready to peel. Peel skin from peppers, cut stem end off and remove seeds. Set aside. In a skillet melt butter, add jalapeno slices, and saute until soft, about 3-4 minutes. Drain butter from jalapenos and set aside. In a bowl, place cream cheese, a few handfuls of the cheese blend, and the sauteed jalapenos. Stir and blend well. With a spoon, scoop the cheese mixture and stuff the anaheims. Wrap each anaheim with a slice of bacon, and place toothpicks through peppers to hold bacon on. Close open ends with toothpicks. Heat oil in skillet and fry stuffed peppers until bacon is nearly crispy. Remove from oil, remove toothpicks, and serve. Delicious!

Seshmeister
07-31-2006, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by MAX
For the buns, there's a "trick" my grandmother always used to "toast" them. Just spread mayo over the buns, put them face down and grill them. Might sound weird and/or gross but believe me, it flavors the fuck outa the buns and toasts them perfectly.

It does sound weird. I might give it a go though.

When I do fajitas I never use the sauces you are meant to. I think a lot of the commercial sun dried tomato you get here at least are pretty shit. If you are short of time much better to use a tomato and garlic pasta sauce and tart it up with lime and fresh coriander.

I never have any time these days.

I was cooking for 7 at the weekend and did great fajitas in 15 minutes.

Got pre diced chicken breast, pre chopped onions. Threw some tumeric over the chicken, fried it. Chucked in the onions, some green peppars and mushrooms. Squeezed 2 limes cut length ways for the juice. Handful of fresh coriander. I then let it reduce with a jar of tomato and garlic pasta sauce and a little water.

Served it with pre grated cheese, tortillas, salsa and creme freche. Everyone seemed to think it was great and as I said 15 minutes in the kitchen so no wasted drinking time.

I used to spend 4 hours cooking shit when people came around, nowadays I can't be bothered. Best option is just to cheat. If it tastes good it's good.

Cheers!

:gulp:

Seshmeister
08-01-2006, 12:03 AM
Jesus I'm getting gayer by the minute but if you are going to use mayo remember that you can get the low fat stuff which is 1/10th the fat and tastes pretty much the same. Sour cream has the same amount of fat as full cream so use reduced fat creme freche. It tastes the same especially if you are drinking.

Don't waste calories on non alcoholic products...:)

Seshmeister
08-01-2006, 12:09 AM
I've got a few of these.

I should write a book.

15 minute tasty recipes that allow you to drink like fuck without becoming a fat bastard.

Anyone know a publisher?:)

Seshmeister
08-01-2006, 12:16 AM
I might have written that one before but since I think it's a real good one for the majority here...

Beer Chicken;

Cut in cubes, some chicken breasts and boil them in beer until cooked right but not to much.
Serve with white rice.

Seriously!

I've never been that great of a cook but my husband saw me as a real chef, the first time I pulled that one.

Sounds too good to be true.

Boiled chicken and white rice? Prison food...? Maybe he's just being polite.

Hmm...

Dan
08-01-2006, 01:32 AM
Max prefers green lipstick...actually aquamarine is his fav...and it looks great with his eyes...:D

LOL.:D

blonddgirl777
08-01-2006, 06:42 AM
Sounds too good to be true.

Boiled chicken and white rice? Prison food...? Maybe he's just being polite.

Hmm...

Prison food? L.O.L.
I really do, feel in prison when I have to cook meat (I'm a vegetarian).
So he better be polite!

No, it's not boiled... I meant in the oven but still...
Haaaa... he didn't marry me for my coocking talents for sure.
I suck at it! :(

Seshmeister
08-01-2006, 11:59 AM
Haaaa... he didn't marry me for my coocking talents for sure.
I suck at it! :(

LOL! Freudian slip!

blonddgirl777
08-01-2006, 12:28 PM
LOL! Freudian slip!

L.O.L.
One has to compensate! :p

Little Texan
08-03-2006, 03:27 PM
One of my favorites, easy and delicious!

Crab Bisque

1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of asparagus soup
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup half and half
1/2 pound lump crab meat
1/4 cup sherry

Using a heavy saucepan, combine all of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.

Little Texan
08-03-2006, 10:21 PM
Best Guacamole

2 avocados
1/2 lemon, juiced
2 tablespoons chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil

Cut the avocados into halves. Remove the seeds, and scoop out the pulp into a small bowl. Use a fork to mash the avocado. Stir in lemon juice, onion, salt, and olive oil. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.

Notes: I wouldn't use the amount of salt called for, but salt to taste. Also, a tablespoon of olive oil works fine, as 2 tablespoons is overkill and makes the guacamole too oily.

Little Texan
08-17-2006, 12:00 AM
Bump

blonddgirl777
08-17-2006, 12:01 AM
Try this for an orgasmic smile

Mr. Blonddgirl's French Crêpe (or thin pancakes):

In a blender, put;
1 cup Flour
1 1/2 Cup Milk
2 or 3 Eggs
1 Tea spoon Salt
2 Table spoons Melted Butter
2-3 drops Vanilla (optional)

Blend at low speed until smooth and let sit in the frig. for about 1 hour.
In a very hot big frying pan, brush a little bit of butter and spread a THIN layer of that batter... flip until golden.

Spread some "Nutella", put one scoop of ice cream, fold the whole thing, let it melt and... :rolleyes: ...!

rustoffa
08-17-2006, 11:37 PM
CHEESY BAKED HOMINY GRITS

4 c. boiling water
1 c. hominy grits
1 stick butter
1 8 oz. pkg sharp cheddar cheese
3 eggs
1 tsp. salt (opt.)
1 tbsp. Lawry's seasoned salt

Stir grits into boiling water and cook 5 minutes after mixture returns to boil. Turn off heat, do not remove pan from burner. Add cheese, butter, seasoned salt. Stir until well blended, remove pan from burner. Separate eggs. Beat yolks well, beat whites until very foamy. Stir yolks into hot grits. Fold whites into grits. Place in a lightly greased 9"x12" baking pan. Bake 30 to 40 minutes at 350 degrees.

MAX
08-18-2006, 06:27 AM
One of my favorites, easy and delicious!

Crab Bisque

1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of asparagus soup
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup half and half
1/2 pound lump crab meat
1/4 cup sherry

Using a heavy saucepan, combine all of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.

I'm sorry bro but I think I have you beaten wid this one...

Garlic Lobster/Crab/Shrimp or Whatever the Fuck You Wanna Use Bisque

6 tablespoons olive oil
Pinch red pepper flakes
1 1/2 cups sliced onions
1/3 cup peeled garlic cloves (about 12 to 14)
3 bay leaves
2 1/2 teaspoon salt - If you can find it, This shit is THE BEST and for EVERYTHING!!! (http://www.realsalt.com/)
7 turns freshly ground black pepper
2 quarts chicken stock/broth (I just use the Swanson Boxed or Canned stuff)
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon freshly chopped basil leaves
1 teaspoon freshly chopped thyme leaves
3 cups diced day-old French or Italian bread
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup coarsely grated fresh Parmesan

Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a soup pot over high heat. Add the red pepper flakes, onions, garlic cloves, bay leaves, salt, and pepper. Stir well and saute until the onions are caramelized, for about 7 minutes. (Don't let the onions get too dark; they should be sweet-tasting and a rich golden-brown color.)

Stir in the stock, minced garlic, basil, and thyme, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 40 minutes.
While the soup is simmering, toss in the cubed day old bread. After the soup has cooked for about 40 minutes, increase the heat to high and whisk in the remaining 2 cups of the bread and the cream, and continue whisking until the bread has disintegrated into the soup, about 10 minutes. Whisk in the Parmesan and remove from the heat. Puree the soup with an immersion blender. http://images.fingerhut.com/H5/200/H5360_200.JPG

That's for the basic soup. If you want it a bit "sweeter" like a normal bisque, by all means, toss in a bit 'o sherry, cognac or whatever. However, with all of the sweet garlic and carmelized onion flava, I really don't see the point?

Now for the seafood. If you're good enough to make the basic soup/bisque then you're prolly already there regarding the shellfish of your choice.

I will usually steam about 3 or 4 10 oz. Lobster tails, cool them, dice them up and toss in (just to heat up) prior to serving. Same goes with shrimp. Shelled King Crab also works well but that's 99.9% cooked when you buy it so just use common sense.

For added color or festiveness (lol) I've diced red, green and yellow bell pepper before. I've also put corn in it. Again, it's whatever floats your collective boat and being creative never hurts.

This shit is extremely rich and very hearty. However, it's a nice yum yum for a cold fall or winters day.

Little Texan
08-18-2006, 05:31 PM
No doubt there are better crab bisque recipes, but I like mine since I'm a lazy cook and it's easy! I'll try yours, though.

Little Texan
08-18-2006, 06:21 PM
This is really good...

Beef Mexican Casserole

2 lbs. ground beef
1 pkg. corn tortillas (approx. 12) (use fresh if possible)
1 lg. can ranch-style beans
1 lb. grated cheddar cheese (i use mexican cheese blend)
1 can Ro-Tel tomatoes
1 sm. can green chile peppers
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. salt and pepper
1 TB. minced onion flakes
2 TB. chili powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder

Brown the ground beef and season with minced onion, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Spread 1/2 of tortillas over the bottom of a greased 9x12 inch dish. Layer the meat, beans, cheese, and then put the rest of the tortillas on top of this. Next, add the Ro-Tel tomatoes (chopped) and half of the green chiles (over all of this with the cream of mushroom soup and remaining green chiles). Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

Little Texan
08-18-2006, 10:09 PM
I just made this this evening...it's easy to make and very good!

Hominy Casserole

2 lg. cans hominy, drained
1 can green chiles, chopped
1 can mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
10 oz. sharp cheese, grated

Mix in order given. Pour into buttered casserole and bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.

MAX
08-18-2006, 10:31 PM
This is really good...

Beef Mexican Casserole

That sounds awesome!!! I'll have to make it. I make something similar, it's like a Mexican Lasagna except I use tortillas for layering instead of noodles. I made it up so I don't have a recipe written down. I'll post it one of these days.

Flash Bastard
08-19-2006, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by MAX
That sounds awesome!!! I'll have to make it. I make something similar, it's like a Mexican Lasagna except I use tortillas for layering instead of noodles. I made it up so I don't have a recipe written down. I'll post it one of these days.

A perfect recipe... all the grate elements are there.

MAX
09-19-2006, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by Flash Bastard
A perfect recipe... all the grate elements are there.

Thank you my friend and the same applies with you as a human being.

A perfect recipe... all of the grate elements are there.

I love you man and am honored to know you and have you as my friend.

God bless you and shine on forever...

diamondsgirl
09-19-2006, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Thank you my friend and the same applies with you as a human being.

A perfect recipe... all of the grate elements are there.

I love you man and am honored to know you and have you as my friend.

God bless you and shine on forever...

http://www.googleearthhacks.com/forums/images/smilies/crysmilie.gif

tjvhou812
09-19-2006, 09:56 PM
this shit is good.....

White Clam Sauce

Ingredients:
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
10 oz whole Baby Clams
16 oz minced Clams
2 Garlic cloves, minced
1/4 tsp Salt
1/3 cup dry White Wine
3 Tbsp chopped Parsley
4 tsp all-purpose Flour

Directions:
Drain and reserve juice in the cans of minced and whole baby clams. In a medium sauce pan heat oil. Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in flour. Add reserved clam juices, wine, red pepper flakes and salt. Bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Add minced clams, baby clams and parsley. Return to boil, then keep warm while preparing linguine. When linguine is done, pour white clam sauce over top and toss gently and serve. Makes enough for 6 servings.

New England Style

Little Texan
09-22-2006, 09:01 PM
Here's recipe I came up with on the fly today at lunch. You might not get to try it for a while because I used some bagged spinach that I bought a few weeks ago to make this! Don't worry, I cooked it pretty thoroughly, so I don't think I'll get sick if it's tainted.

Cheesy Spinach and Mushrooms

1/3 stick butter
1 pkg Baby Spinach
4 oz. Baby Portobello Mushrooms (white will work, also)
1 cup Cheddar Cheese
Salt and Pepper

Melt butter and stirfry spinach and mushrooms until spinach is wilted and mushrooms are soft. Salt and pepper to taste. Remove from skillet and place on a plate. Sprinkle cheese on top and microwave until cheese is melted.

Call me a dumbass or a risktaker, but I hate to see things go to waste! If I get sick, I'm really going to feel like an idiot!

Little Texan
09-22-2006, 09:03 PM
Cheesy Spinach and Mushrooms aka E. Coli Delight! :D

Little Texan
09-22-2006, 10:10 PM
I don't know if it would be near as good, but you could try sauteing the mushrooms in butter, then add some canned spinach after thoroughly draining it and squeezing all the water out.

Little Texan
09-22-2006, 10:38 PM
I did some experimenting in the kitchen earlier with some canned green beans, and the results were awesome! Take a couple of cans of green beans and drain them. Put them in a seive or a collander and rinse them under some running water for about a minute, and dump them in a pan. Pour in a couple of cans of chicken broth. Turn the burner on high, then while it's heating up, dice up a couple of strips of bacon and dump in there. You can skip this, but I took a can of diced potatoes and rinsed them like the green beans and dumped those in. Heat it to a boil, and put a good bit of salt and some pepper in there, but don't overdo it on the salt. After a few minutes boiling, turn the heat down and simmer it, covered, for several minutes, until the bacon is cooked. Canned green beans are so much better this way!

EbDawson
01-20-2007, 08:37 AM
Super Bowl's getting close, time to fire up the grill. Here's one thing I'm gonna do, tried it a few weeks ago and it turned out pretty good, got it off a cooking show here.

Salmon fillets

buy those cedar wood cooking planks, you can get em at most stores and even at Bed, B. and B.

You can cook this in the stove too but I do it on the grill. Soak the plank(s) in water for 1/2 hour, or an hour or so so they don't flare up. Then drizzle a little olive oil on the middle of the planks where the fillets will go.

You can marinate the fillets for a couple of hours if you want but it's not necessary. I use the pre-cut fillets instead of the whole fish deal because I can cram on more meat that way. Salt and pepper on the fillets, generously. Drizzle some olive oil on the top of the fillet. Then take brown sugar and pack it down on top of the fillets, very generously. I know it sounds weird, trust me it's not gonna taste like a piece of candy, it'll taste great. Place those babies on the grill and cook 'em for 30-40 minutes, medium to medium-high heat til the sugar is pretty much all melted away. I did one plank with sliced lemons and herb seasonings and one plank with the brown sugar deal. The Brown sugar one was better. There ya go.

BottomLine65
01-21-2007, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by MAX

1 Perkacet

Can you sub vikes for percs?

diamondsgirl
01-21-2007, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by BottomLine65
Can you sub vikes for percs?

you won't even notice the difference... :D

diamondsgirl
01-21-2007, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by EbDawson
Super Bowl's getting close, time to fire up the grill. Here's one thing I'm gonna do, tried it a few weeks ago and it turned out pretty good, got it off a cooking show here.

Salmon fillets

buy those cedar wood cooking planks, you can get em at most stores and even at Bed, B. and B.

You can cook this in the stove too but I do it on the grill. Soak the plank(s) in water for 1/2 hour, or an hour or so so they don't flare up. Then drizzle a little olive oil on the middle of the planks where the fillets will go.

You can marinate the fillets for a couple of hours if you want but it's not necessary. I use the pre-cut fillets instead of the whole fish deal because I can cram on more meat that way. Salt and pepper on the fillets, generously. Drizzle some olive oil on the top of the fillet. Then take brown sugar and pack it down on top of the fillets, very generously. I know it sounds weird, trust me it's not gonna taste like a piece of candy, it'll taste great. Place those babies on the grill and cook 'em for 30-40 minutes, medium to medium-high heat til the sugar is pretty much all melted away. I did one plank with sliced lemons and herb seasonings and one plank with the brown sugar deal. The Brown sugar one was better. There ya go.

This sounds yummy! I am going to try this as well. :D

I have been mixing dijon mustard with a little mayo and spreading it on the fillets and then sprinkling lemon over them. Its pretty gooood. ;)

blonddgirl777
01-21-2007, 02:29 PM
This sounds yummy! I am going to try this as well. :D

I have been mixing dijon mustard with a little mayo and spreading it on the fillets and then sprinkling lemon over them. Its pretty gooood. ;)

The planks and this... seems very good... I will certainly try it!

Now try this;

Marinate your salmon in 1/2 part soy sauce, 1/2 part maple syrup with sesame seeds,
Then cook it in the oven (with the same marinade)...
Fast and delicious!

Or;

Marinate the salmon filets in Italian (non-creamy) vinaigrette,
Throw the vinaigrette away after marinating,
Place salmon on oiled pan,
Make a mixture;
- Grated Cheddar cheese
- Sour Creme
- Green Onions
- Salt, pepper and your favorite herbs...
Put that mixture on the filets
Oven cook...
Very good too!

BottomLine65
01-21-2007, 09:23 PM
you won't even notice the difference... :D

Just being funny...

BottomLine65
01-21-2007, 09:34 PM
Jersey Shore Pain-Relief Recipe

1) 20-24 oz. glass or cup
Fill it with ice
Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum (you be the judge of how much, half pint will do it!).
Regular or Diet Dr. Pepper
Stir gentlly, not too much.
Take one or one and a half #5 perc or vike (depending on tolerance).
Very relaxing and will result in a good 2-4 hour nap.
Great for the Summer time.

BottomLine65
01-21-2007, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Hey,

Muchas Gracias.

Too Max and all:
Great fucking post and recipes!
Thank you...

Little Texan
01-28-2007, 11:49 PM
Anyone have any good recipes for Buffalo/Hot Chicken Wings, and any good Super Bowl recipes? We're having a Super Bowl party next Sunday at my mom's, and I need some food ideas.

diamondsgirl
01-30-2007, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by BottomLine65
Just being funny...

me too :D

Little Texan
02-02-2007, 02:34 AM
Anyone have any good recipes for Buffalo/Hot Chicken Wings, and any good Super Bowl recipes? We're having a Super Bowl party next Sunday at my mom's, and I need some food ideas.

WELL?

Little Texan
02-09-2007, 02:40 PM
Thanks for all the great Super Bowl recipes, everyone. :rolleyes:

EbDawson
02-09-2007, 04:17 PM
Thanks for all the great Super Bowl recipes, everyone. :rolleyes:

Everyone was busy, I guess. :D

Summer's coming tho . . . who needs the super bowl.

MAX
03-03-2007, 08:14 AM
For DG,

Check out this one and we were right about the gooey/num nummy stuff. :)

6 tablespoons butter
1 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped celery
6 tablespoons flour
2 cups chicken stock
1 cup half and half
1 cup diced carrots, blanched
1 cup sweet corn
1 cup sweet peas
2 cups shredded chicken breast, cooked
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
1 recipe Basic Savory Crust (recipe follows)
Salt and pepper

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 9 by 9 by 2-inch square baking pan.
In a large saute pan, melt the butter. Add the onions and celery and saute for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the flour and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes for a blond roux. Stir in the chicken stock and bring the liquid up to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and continue to cook for 4 to 6 minutes, or until the sauce starts to thicken. Stir in the half and half and continue to cook for 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the carrots, peas, corn and chicken. Mix the filling thoroughly. Line the baking pan with one of the crusts. Pour the filling into the prepared pan. Place the top crust on top of the filling. Carefully tuck the overlapping crust into the pan, forming a thick edge. Crimp the edges of the pan and place on a baking sheet. Place the sheet in the oven and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and crispy.

Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes before serving.

Basic Savory Pie Crust
3 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups cold lard or solid vegetable shortening
4 to 5 tablespoons ice water

Combine the flour and salt in a bowl. Add the lard and work it in with your hands until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the water, 1 tablespoon at a time, working it in with your hands. Add only as much as you need to make a smooth ball of dough. Wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and place it on a lightly floured surface. For 2 crusts, cut the dough in two and put the second half back in the refrigerator. For each crust, roll the dough out on the floured surface into a square about 14 inches in diameter and 1/8-inch thick. Gently fold the square of dough in half and then in half again so that you can lift it without tearing it, and unfold into a square baking pan. Fill and proceed as directed in the recipe.

Yield: 2 pie crusts

MAX
03-03-2007, 08:26 AM
Heeyas an even easier and quicker one. Sort of like a dime store pot pie whore version. :p

DERGREDIENTS:
2 frozen pie shells
1-10 3/4 oz cream of chicken soup
1/2 C. milk
1 bag frozen mixed vegetables
2 C. cooked chopped chicken
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 small onion
Coarse ground black pepper, to taste

PREPARATION:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Take pie shells out of freezer, separate, lay one pie shell flat, leaving the other in the pie pan, and thaw for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, defrost frozen veggies in microwave; chop and sautee onion. Mix chicken, defrosted veggies, sauteed onion, garlic, soup and milk in large mixing bowl. Pour into pie shell; top with flattened pie shell. Pinch edges together and poke holes in top crust. Bake for about 30-40 minutes or until crusts are done.

VOILA!!! :cool:

MAX
03-08-2007, 04:29 AM
My aunt told me about this awesome recipe idea and since it has peanut butter in it, I had to dermember it by posting it for DG in this thread. Bein' how she's The Army's resident peanut butter fanatic. lol

Anyway, it was a take on french toast. It also has bernanas in it but I'm going to exclude them cos I hate them. This way I can make the toast for the Deej and if she happens to give me a bite, I won't make my yucky face. lol

So DG, this is for you. :D

First off

Just make a typical batter for french toast.

I usually use milk, whisked eggs, bernilly (that's vanilla for everyone else) and pinches of both salt and double pinches of sugar.

K, so make your batter.

Now here's where the peanut butter comes in as DG drools...

Just like doing a grilled cheese, well, the way I do 'em anyway. You coat your bread with peanut butter on all sides. Then thinly slice up some strawberries. Take TWO slices of the bread (again, the same way you'd do a grilled cheese) put the thinly slices strawberries and some white chocolate chips in what would be the center with a little extra peanut butter.

Smoosh the slices together cos we don't care how it looks at this point.

Then soak, dunk and drench them in your milk/egg/bernilly batter.

Now and just as you'd normally do french toast, heat up a frying pan. I always use butter. Hey, when one's making something such as this, fuck calories, fat or whatever cos this is yum yum time. :D

Now for the even funner part!!! Once you've drenched the fuck outa your french toast sand in the batter, dip it in a bowl of rice crispies!!! I'm not kidding!!! Coat the sand up really good.

Melt the butter, put your peanut butter/strawberry filled center, batter endrecnched/rice crispy coated "sammich" into the melted buvter/frying pan and do it just like you'd do a grilled cheese.

Get it good and golden brown on both sides.

Here's another touch. You know those plastic squeeze dispenser thingies with the tips on 'em that you find in diners for catsup or mustard?

These things: http://www.bigtray.com/smskuimg/HAL1102_s.jpg

They're only like a buck or two and come in handy if you cook a lot. So buy one for this.

Anyhoo, microwave or heat up some of your favority jam, preserves or jelly. With this recipe, I'd go with strawberry. So, heat it up and put it into the aforementioned dispenser.

Squirt a generous portion on the plate for decoration.

Also, when you remove the french toast sammich from the pan, inject the tip of the jelly filled dispenser into the sammich and blow a generous load of the jelly into the sammich.

Then cut the sand in half.

What you'll then have is this crispy motherfucker with hot, gooey strawberry/melted white chocolate jizz and PB & J oozing out of the middle.

Set the french toast sand atop the jelly decorated plate.

Then put whatever it is you'd normally put on your french toast.

For this, I suggest some buvter, powdered sugar and strawberry syrup.

I'd also atop the beast with either bacon or some sausage. Depending on what they'd like as you surprise them with this feast as brekkie in bed or whatever the occasion.

Sounds good doesn't it?

Enjoy!!!

MAX
03-08-2007, 04:46 AM
K,

I dunno if I've yet to share this secret that my grandmother always used for hamburger buns in this thread prior? Regardless and since I'm in this thread, here it is and I PROMISE that once you try this, you'll forever do your buns like this.

It works both when doing indoors or outside on the grill.

Granny's Hamburger Buns

It's easy...

All you do is spread a coat of mayo on the face down side of the buns and brown/toast them on low heat.

That's it!!!

When doing it indoors, use PAM or any other non-stick spray, get the pan pre-heated then put the mayo buns face down, fry them on low to medium heat to preferred doneness. They'll have a nice toast and epic flavor cos the mayo cooks into the bun.

Same goes on the BBQ. Just set them face down, keep an eye so not to burn them and cook them up.

Again, it's not a big deal but both anyone and everyone of whom I've ever shown how to do this loves them and never does burgers without them.

Anyhoo, a fun tip I wanted to share and thanks Granny, God rest your soul. :)

MAX
05-26-2007, 06:19 AM
Here's a new one that I just dervented just a cupla weeks ago and boy, oh boy is it fucking good. Not for dieters at all.

I can't decide whether it's some sort of quiche, scrambled egg pie, crustless breakfast pizza or what the fuck? Dergardless, it's soooo fucking yummy that I've since made two more, my friends and brothers have also done their own variations as well. That's the good thing about it is you can put whatever the fuck you want in it. lol

Ok, I'll give you my step by step, then y'all can modify it to whatever you want etc.

K, first off I take a deep dish, non-stick, skillet-type cooking pan cos I own all of the kitchen hardware. Preheat the oven to 375.

In the pan, I took about six strips of thick-cut bacon, fried them up, removed them just as if we were just making bacon.

I set the bacon aside and chopped it up.

I kept the pan going though with all of that yum-yum pork fat/bacon grease. I then melted a generous helping of REAL FUCKING BUTTER!!!

I then take one yellow onion (finely chopped) along with some garlic (sliced it razor thin like in Goodfellas) and chopped up both a red and green bell pepper and got them going.

Next, I add a pound of ground pork sausage broken up into pieces. So far, I've found the Jimmy Dean HOT brand to work the best.

Gook all that together until the sausage browns. Season with a little salt and freshly ground pepper. Next, I add about half a bottle of chunky salsa and stir that all in.

In a separate bowl I take a dozen eggs, ground cumin, Berdasco sauce (Tabasco for the rest of you (lol) whole milk, salt and pepper and I beat the fuck out of it until there's an enormous ammount of froth to make the egg mixture BEYOND light and fluffy. I use what Everil calls a "boat motor" mine's made by BraUn and looks like this:

http://buyrite-electronics.com/images/braunimg.jpg

Anyhoo, I scramble the eggs like a motherfucker.

K, once you get the eggs beated to a pulp, pour the mixture in with the sausage/onion/pepper combo. On low heat, stir ut up so the sides start looking like an omlette. I then add the chopped bacon that I mentioned prior, sliced green olives and at least a pound of shredded cheddar and mozzerella cheese. I've also used mushrooms before as well. Seriously and as you can see, anything goes.

K, stir all of the shit in, remove from the stove and stick it in the oven. I dunno, for maybe like 15 to 20 minutes? Just keep checking. The thing rises like a soufle. You'll know it's done when the top is all golden brown (alonf with the sides and the cheese is bubbling.

Remove and let sit for about ten minutes. What you'll end up with is this fluffy pie that's soooooo fucking good. Slice it like pie wedges and serve with salsa or whatever.

Again, anything will work. My buddy's on a diet and he's substituted egg whites, turkey sausage and what have you. Also and what makes it so cool is the cheese kind of crusts it up so you get crispiness around the edges.

Anyhoo, that's a newy that I just made up.

Give it a try and tell me how it workks out. :D

MAX
05-29-2007, 03:30 AM
Ally, Coyote or whomever stickied this,

That was awfully nice and thank you. :)

I've got a ton more recipes to add and especially with summer now being here. Lots of good grillin' ideas.

Anyhoo, this might me off topic but it does pertain to cooking shows and what have you.

Anyone watch Rachel Ray on FoodNetwork? I know she's some Oprah hotshot now but I still have the urge to make fun of her. lol

Now and don't get me wrong cos she seems like a nice person but I watch her "$40 A Day" show cos it's usually on right as I get home from work. K and this bugs the fuck out of me. lol

Evety-single-fucking-time she tastes whatever food she's just purchased in her travels she puts on some onscreen production like she's going for The Oscar for best portrayal of an orgasm!!! I mean food is good but geezus!!! Watched her take a bite out of a friggin' BBQ sandwich tonight and she acted like a submarine had just exploded in her port 'o call. Que the next segment where she takes a bite out of some homemade oreo and same effect. I mean, it's like her segments are almost becoming XXX Rated!!! It wouldn't be so annoying if she'd grab and utilize either a bananna or a zucchini but those squeals and sighs over some cheap meatloaf she just scored in at The Honeymoon Haven Motel in Bumblefuck, Iowa have got to go.

Why does this bother me? I dunno? Dergardless, is it just me or has this broad become sooooooo friggin' annoying that she needs to be banned?