PDA

View Full Version : Permits Obtained for September 24!

Steve Savicki
07-11-2005, 10:58 PM
Permits Obtained for September 24!

Tens of Thousands of Impeachment Supporters to Surround White House

Legal permits have now been obtained on both sides of the White House for the mass demonstration on September 24. This will allow tens of thousands of supporters of the impeachment of George W. Bush to join with the antiwar movement and create a sea of protestors to surround the White House.

September 24 will be a day to bring your family, your parents, grandparents and children, and as many neighbors and friends as possible together with thousands of others in the the ImpeachBush movement's most powerful display yet. It will be an opportunity to exercise your First Amendment right to demand that Bush, Cheney and other high officials be held accountable for their criminal conduct.

As we reported last week, recent polls show a dramatic spike in support for impeachment. According to most recent Zogby Poll, 42% of voters - 25% of whom consider themselves Republicans - would support impeachment if Bush lied about Iraq. The tide is clearly turning, but we need to work with ever-greater vigor.

ImpeachBush.org/VoteToImpeach is launching a massive advertising and publicity campaign to promote the September 24 Impeachment contingent at the White House demonstration. We will take out newspaper ads, radio spots, targeted media outreach, and print hundreds of thousands of leaflets, stickers, posters, lawn signs and other outreach materials.

The impeachment campaign will use the information from the Downing Street memos and other known sources that prove the Bush administration engaged in a pattern of lies and deceit to mislead Congress and the people.

We are asking everyone to make a donation to help in the advertising and publicity campaign. This is a huge grassroots effort. We depend on the people who believe in impeachment to fund this historic campaign. To make a contribution, click here (https://secure2.convio.net/pep/site/Donation?ACTION=SHOW_DONATION_OPTIONS&CAMPAIGN_ID=1042&JServSessionIdr006=ixu7t2xe73.app13b) to access the online donation form and the secure server, where you can also get information to write a check.

More than 500,000 people have voted to impeach at the web site www.VoteToImpeach.org. This has been a remarkable exercise in grassroots democracy. Let’s double that number in the months ahead. We can do it. Each day brings a larger section of the population to the same conclusion: the Bush administration lied. Each day more and more people become outraged at the spiraling death toll in Iraq. Each day, angry and outraged people demand that the elected officials of this country uphold the constitution and use the mechanism of impeachment to hold high officials accountable for their High Crimes and Misdemeanors. We can’t wait for the politicians - the people must act now to create a firestorm of support for impeachment. If you know someone or a few people who would also vote to impeach, encourage them to visit www.VoteToImpeach.org to cast their ballot.

-- All of us at ImpeachBush/VoteToImpeach.org

LoungeMachine
07-11-2005, 11:48 PM
Wonder where the "free speech zone" will be......

Thanks for the thread Steve, and the links.

Chimpeachment Now, dammit.

DLR'sCock
07-11-2005, 11:52 PM
Tick Tock Tick Tock...

Steve Savicki
07-12-2005, 07:29 AM
I just wonder why the 25% of the pollees were Repubs. I guess the polls were taken in the red states.

Warham
07-12-2005, 07:36 AM
I'm sure a few hundred will show up...

LoungeMachine
07-12-2005, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Warham
I'm sure a few hundred will show up...

Care to wager?

I'll let you set the over/under.

This is going to be bigger than you think:cool:

BigBadBrian
07-12-2005, 09:12 AM
Thanks for about a hundredth thread on impeachment of Bush, Steve.

I'm now going to go start a "full on" assault on Howard Dean like has never been seen in these parts. ;) :D

LoungeMachine
07-12-2005, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian

I'm now going to go start a "full on" assault on Howard Dean like has never been seen in these parts. ;) :D

Knock yourself out.;)

I don't think he'll be Chimpeached either, I just like watching the right cry and whine about it.:D

Howard Dean kills babies, hates his mother, and doesn't recycle, you know.

:cool: Get on it. :cool:

Unchainme
07-12-2005, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
Permits Obtained for September 24!

Tens of Thousands of Impeachment Supporters to Surround White House

Legal permits have now been obtained on both sides of the White House for the mass demonstration on September 24. This will allow tens of thousands of supporters of the impeachment of George W. Bush to join with the antiwar movement and create a sea of protestors to surround the White House.

September 24 will be a day to bring your family, your parents, grandparents and children, and as many neighbors and friends as possible together with thousands of others in the the ImpeachBush movement's most powerful display yet. It will be an opportunity to exercise your First Amendment right to demand that Bush, Cheney and other high officials be held accountable for their criminal conduct.

As we reported last week, recent polls show a dramatic spike in support for impeachment. According to most recent Zogby Poll, 42% of voters - 25% of whom consider themselves Republicans - would support impeachment if Bush lied about Iraq. The tide is clearly turning, but we need to work with ever-greater vigor.

ImpeachBush.org/VoteToImpeach is launching a massive advertising and publicity campaign to promote the September 24 Impeachment contingent at the White House demonstration. We will take out newspaper ads, radio spots, targeted media outreach, and print hundreds of thousands of leaflets, stickers, posters, lawn signs and other outreach materials.

The impeachment campaign will use the information from the Downing Street memos and other known sources that prove the Bush administration engaged in a pattern of lies and deceit to mislead Congress and the people.

We are asking everyone to make a donation to help in the advertising and publicity campaign. This is a huge grassroots effort. We depend on the people who believe in impeachment to fund this historic campaign. To make a contribution, click here (https://secure2.convio.net/pep/site/Donation?ACTION=SHOW_DONATION_OPTIONS&CAMPAIGN_ID=1042&JServSessionIdr006=ixu7t2xe73.app13b) to access the online donation form and the secure server, where you can also get information to write a check.

More than 500,000 people have voted to impeach at the web site www.VoteToImpeach.org. This has been a remarkable exercise in grassroots democracy. Let’s double that number in the months ahead. We can do it. Each day brings a larger section of the population to the same conclusion: the Bush administration lied. Each day more and more people become outraged at the spiraling death toll in Iraq. Each day, angry and outraged people demand that the elected officials of this country uphold the constitution and use the mechanism of impeachment to hold high officials accountable for their High Crimes and Misdemeanors. We can’t wait for the politicians - the people must act now to create a firestorm of support for impeachment. If you know someone or a few people who would also vote to impeach, encourage them to visit www.VoteToImpeach.org to cast their ballot.

-- All of us at ImpeachBush/VoteToImpeach.org

Ok you go do that. Yes and i'm usre your going to have a good time trying to recreate the 60's, The only thing the protest songs are goin g to be done by a bunch of Emo bands instead of Jefferson Airplane, CCR and such. When are you guys going to learn, He simply doesn;t care about your little protests. Its hillarious watching you guys dress up in your bush is hitler shirts, and theis other crap, and be expected to treated as intellgient people. Good look trying to get their attention because they truly don't give a fuck!!!

Oh and by the way you can't impeach bush without controll of the sentate and last time I checked we still got the senate!

HA-HA!

Unchainme
07-12-2005, 12:30 PM
Oh and BTW

Commie Liberals=OWNED

FORD
07-12-2005, 12:40 PM

As soon as Howard Dean lies us into a war, you can go right ahead.

Unchainme
07-12-2005, 01:01 PM
Howard Dean=Greatest Thing To happen To The Republican Party =)

academic punk
07-12-2005, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

Back off! Even Cheney grants that Dean's mother loves him!!!

FORD
07-12-2005, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme

If by that, you mean the eventual destruction of the BCE machine, and the re-emergence of the party of Abe Lincoln, you might actually be correct.

Unchainme
07-12-2005, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by FORD
If by that, you mean the eventual destruction of the BCE machine, and the re-emergence of the party of Abe Lincoln, you might actually be correct.

Here we go again with the Bush Corporate Empire

FORD
07-12-2005, 02:55 PM
Here we go again with the Bush Corporate Empire

That's Bush Criminal Empire, actually.

Steve Savicki
07-12-2005, 03:05 PM
I don't think he'll be Chimpeached either, I just like watching the right cry and whine about it.:D
Me too. Brian admitted that if the chimp gets chimpeached, Mr. Halliburton gets the job.
So hence my avatar, either way, we're... again.

Angel
07-12-2005, 03:08 PM
Only time in my life I wish I was American... I sure hope y'all give him shit now, eh?

Warham
07-12-2005, 03:16 PM
Knock yourself out.;)

Who's whining? You guys just look foolish bringing it up. We just sit back with the popcorn at laugh our asses off as you guys get all excited talking about impeachment and Karl Rove getting fired.

Warham
07-12-2005, 03:17 PM

Howard Dean doesn't even deserve a footnote in the history of the Democratic Party. We just get a few laughs out of him while he fills space in the DNC chair position.

Guitar Shark
07-12-2005, 03:18 PM
Who's whining? You guys just look foolish bringing it up. We just sit back with the popcorn at laugh our asses off as you guys get all excited talking about impeachment and Karl Rove getting fired.

I agree the impeachment stuff is foolish. But Karl Rove should be fired and it's not foolish at all to demand that.

Steve Savicki
07-12-2005, 03:19 PM
Care to wager?

I'll let you set the over/under.

This is going to be bigger than you think:cool:
Like the Flash Bastard/Tomballin issue over donating here, I'm interested if this bet would actually take off.

Warham
07-12-2005, 03:21 PM
Karl Rove should not be fired until the investigation is over and they've determined he was responsible for the leak. But somehow I don't believe that's going to happen, even though the press is foaming at the mouth and attacking Scott McClellan like a bunch of rabid dogs on a daily basis. Doesn't anybody here realize that maybe Rove is up to his 'dirty tricks' again? He's only made the Democrats look foolish umpteen times.

Guitar Shark
07-12-2005, 03:25 PM
It has already been determined that he was the leak. His own lawyer admits it. Rove's only defense is that he didn't leak her "name," he only referred to her as "Wilson's wife."

BigBadBrian
07-12-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
Me too. Brian admitted that if the chimp gets chimpeached, Mr. Halliburton gets the job.
So hence my avatar, either way, we're... again.

TripleB™ hypothetically said that. It will never happen, of course.

:gulp:

BigBadBrian
07-12-2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Angel
Only time in my life I wish I was American... I sure hope y'all give him shit now, eh?

Your hatred to the land that protects you is abominable.

You should be grateful to us.

ODShowtime
07-12-2005, 04:51 PM
We just sit back with the popcorn at laugh our asses off as you guys get all excited talking about impeachment and Karl Rove getting fired.

Boy, lying to the public and treason sure are funny! Helping nuclear proliferation is especially amusing! God damn I'm laughing my ass off right now thinking about it!

Warham
07-12-2005, 05:33 PM
You should laugh your ass off at the far left's desperation. We have been for the last few years!

:D

ODShowtime
07-12-2005, 05:36 PM
Screw the far left. There's plenty of people who are through with this administration's nonsense that are not commie liberals. More and more are made every day. I was just an early bloomer.

Warham
07-12-2005, 05:38 PM
Yeah, you bought into the Halliburton stuff far too early.

Cathedral
07-12-2005, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
It has already been determined that he was the leak. His own lawyer admits it. Rove's only defense is that he didn't leak her "name," he only referred to her as "Wilson's wife."

Catch 22, because the fact that he didn't mention her by name does take away from the criminal charges.
There are also other things to be considered by the letter of the law here.

So to fire Rove before the investigation is complete would be like some chick you don't know storming into your work place screaming you raped her, and then you being fired before any court preceedings or conviction takes place.

Ford called it "payback", but if you look at it from the other side of the fence you could also say the same about Wilson.
Rove has kicked his ass in every campaign they have ever been in.
So there is motivation for a witch-hunt to bring Rove down.

It's too complex to judge from one perspective without being biased.
One needs to examine the Big Picture.

As for Bush, I have no confidence in the man and have seen too many shifts in opinion since operations began in Iraq to support him any further.

Warham
07-12-2005, 05:43 PM
Don't give up yet, Cat. ;)

thome
07-12-2005, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Catch 22, because the fact that he didn't mention her by name does take away from the criminal charges.
There are also other things to be considered by the letter of the law here.

So to fire Rove before the investigation is complete would be like some chick you don't know storming into your work place screaming you raped her, and then you being fired before any court preceedings or conviction takes place.

Ford called it "payback", but if you look at it from the other side of the fence you could also say the same about Wilson.
Rove has kicked his ass in every campaign they have ever been in.
So there is motivation for a witch-hunt to bring Rove down.

It's too complex to judge from one perspective without being biased.
One needs to examine the Big Picture.

As for Bush, I have no confidence in the man and have seen too many shifts in opinion since operations began in Iraq to support him any further.
I think you are on target all we have is bush and the great chess
game the they play he will make the correct decisions.

Cathedral
07-12-2005, 06:05 PM
I'm not giving up, I am getting fed up with the whole political scene.
The division in our country is devastating to our National Security and instead of seeing this, most people only see the power they are grabbing for.

That is not good for us, the people, and THAT must change, yesterday.

I have friends that are Democrats that i can't even talk to anymore without it turning into a brawl.
There is no acceptance of my point of view on their part. If you don't fall in line with them then you are wrong.

The rage is a little scary at times.

A few months ago i was going to go out to dinner with a friend and his wife. But once she discovered i had voted for Bush twice, she asked me to leave her home and not come back, lol.

What the hell is up with that shit?
Is that the message the Democrats are leading to?
The "It's my way, there is no highway option" (the pacifier was cool) mind set?

It all boils down to the fact that people are generally stupid.
The idea that one party of government is better than the other and represents the people in any fashion above and beyond the other is a pipe dream.
They represent themselves and their own fucked up agendas, period.

The people need to clean house and stop settling for leaders that aren't fit to lead an ant colony across a lawn.

ODShowtime
07-12-2005, 06:16 PM
Yeah, you bought into the Halliburton stuff far too early.

Halliburton is just a small piece of the puzzle.

Warham
07-12-2005, 06:19 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot the 'Bush is waging the war for oil profits', and the 'Dubya is getting revenge for Poppy' parts.

What else did I miss?

thome
07-12-2005, 06:35 PM
I feel that every country in the whole world has the rite to do
whatever they want.. Be a communist,, Be socailist ,Be a republic
but what if they are under the influence of some one like
Saddam ,how long did we wait for Hitler to make his move
the whole world knew what he was up to.People come up with these
great revelations .We knew they were going to bomb pearl harbor
they new 911 was going to happen

These fuck%n fu%k heads Can call the Chiefs game on Monday
morning to Farenhieght 911 suck you suk suk

They blame the USA for Sadam well here is how i feel

They are WRONG on every point of dicussion it is! Good against Evil!
every day we walk down the Street .

And I say Fuk that bastard Sadam in the ass and his people
for not standing UP to The Opressor Goddamn sick fuk and
his childrens children.

Arrest the son of a dog free his people destroy the remnants
of his thought pattern

Then watch and see if the future of Irak wants to play on the
GLOBAL STAGE in Peace.( this is not directed at anyone )

Angel
07-12-2005, 06:36 PM
Your hatred to the land that protects you is abominable.

You should be grateful to us.

What a fuckin' joke! By the way, you're secretary treasurer was up here kissing ass in a major way last week.

He was taken on a tour of Ft. McMoney (McMurray), and when he realized how huge the oil sands are, he said he couldn't wait to tell the President and Vice-President about this incredible resource, and that Canada and the US were great allies.

Yeah, bitch at us for not going to Iraq, and now we're best allies because we have the biggest fucking oil patch in the world.

Again, you don't protect us from shit. (Only one nation has ever attempted to attack Canada - you didn't succeed, did you?)

Guitar Shark
07-12-2005, 06:41 PM
We have a secretary treasurer?

Warham
07-12-2005, 06:41 PM
LMAO!

academic punk
07-12-2005, 06:45 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot the 'Bush is waging the war for oil profits', and the 'Dubya is getting revenge for Poppy' parts.

What else did I miss?

I'm sure FORD would be happy to fill this request.

But get a pizza and a comfortable chair...it'll be a looooooong night....

thome
07-12-2005, 06:50 PM
One More thing off subject this country of ours holds the key
to the future of the whole world.We are possesed of the
Best this world has to offer to achieve peace.And we are taking a few
lumps .

Any other countries want to STAND UP...... No..thats whats wrong
w/ the world .

Cathedral
07-12-2005, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Angel
What a fuckin' joke! By the way, you're secretary treasurer was up here kissing ass in a major way last week.

He was taken on a tour of Ft. McMoney (McMurray), and when he realized how huge the oil sands are, he said he couldn't wait to tell the President and Vice-President about this incredible resource, and that Canada and the US were great allies.

Yeah, bitch at us for not going to Iraq, and now we're best allies because we have the biggest fucking oil patch in the world.

Again, you don't protect us from shit. (Only one nation has ever attempted to attack Canada - you didn't succeed, did you?)

I always thought Canada and the US were friends.
One hand washes the other as far as import/export goes.

Both countries would lose greatly if that friendship were to turn to shit.

The only area of conflict i see between the citizens of both countries is based on pride.
We're all proud of our respective countries, who can kick whose ass in a war between the two is just a silly argument.

Cathedral
07-12-2005, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by thome
One More thing off subject this country of ours holds the key
to the future of the whole world.We are possesed of the
Best this world has to offer to achieve peace.And we are taking a few
lumps .

Any other countries want to STAND UP...... No..thats whats wrong
w/ the world .

That was true a few decades ago, when we still owned our country.
But we have sold out damn near everything that made this Nation great.

As for other nations standing up, there is no profit in that, so they won't until they become a target themselves.
And they will be sooner than later.

And other Nations never will because they have taken the high road since day 1, and have nothing to gain or lose by sticking their noses into it.

I do however worry that our level of arrogance is an issue when we start talking about "Liberating The World In The Name Of Freedom".

This is the key point that made me first look at Bush through different eyes.
I don't think it is up to us to pick and choose countries to liberate and spread "Democracy" if they haven't asked for assistance in removing their oppressive regimes.

Iraqi's expected help in Gulf War 1, then we let them get slaughtered for their efforts. That is one main reason i support our troops work in Iraq and hope they can finish the job ASAP, then come home.

I blame Bush for not having viable strategies to protect the lives of our soldiers and Iraqi civilians after the fall of Baghdad.
Planning to win a war with no plan on how to win the peace was a phenominal mistake in my opinion.

We are no longer the flagship of all that is good in the world, and that took many years to destroy, and it came from both Democrat and Republican Leadership.

It can change, but it starts with us, the voters.............

thome
07-12-2005, 08:25 PM
That was true a few decades ago, when we still owned our country.
But we have sold out damn near everything that made this Nation great.

As for other nations standing up, there is no profit in that, so they won't until they become a target themselves.
And they will be sooner than later.

And other Nations never will because they have taken the high road since day 1, and have nothing to gain or lose by sticking their noses into it.

I do however worry that our level of arrogance is an issue when we start talking about "Liberating The World In The Name Of Freedom".

This is the key point that made me first look at Bush through different eyes.
I don't think it is up to us to pick and choose countries to liberate and spread "Democracy" if they haven't asked for assistance in removing their oppressive regimes.

Iraqi's expected help in Gulf War 1, then we let them get slaughtered for their efforts. That is one main reason i support our troops work in Iraq and hope they can finish the job ASAP, then come home.

I blame Bush for not having viable strategies to protect the lives of our soldiers and Iraqi civilians after the fall of Baghdad.
Planning to win a war with no plan on how to win the peace was a phenominal mistake in my opinion.

We are no longer the flagship of all that is good in the world, and that took many years to destroy, and it came from both Democrat and Republican Leadership.

It can change, but it starts with us, the voters.............

You seem a noble sort the iraqui people had no voice i think its
different than a global dom thing china plays ball 80% of the world does saddam was sick
we are not going to opress the world w freedom.he was a sty in
the worlds eye not just ours i see your points .

Cathedral
07-12-2005, 11:54 PM
Freedom never oppresses anyone, that's a given.
I just have a problem with us making the decision for people.

We knew the Iraqi's wanted their freedom, so many of them died in Gulf War I for that very reason, and they died because Poppy Bush played politics and left Saddam in power.

I wanted to see Iraq liberated, in other countries i would like to see some regime changes.
But we don't have any right to proceed in other countries the way we have in IRAQ.

Enter the Nuclear Desires of some countries.
They want these weapons why?
Mostly so they can blow our ass off the face of the earth. ignoring them would be a fatal mistake.

That said, I think any country that wants Nukes should be free to persue those weapons.
But we need to be building some new stuff of our own as well.

Then we say to the world, "Ok, build your missiles, but understand that the moment any one of them gets launched at a target, you'll have 5 times that raining down on your head also".

We are not strong enough alone to keep other countries from building them or using them, that just isn't a realistic goal.
But we can make it perfectly clear that if we die, they do too, period.

Unchainme
07-13-2005, 12:34 AM
The main reason I'm excited for the protest, Is because I get to see a whole bunch of hippies wearing stupid costumes and such. I mean thats Grade-A entertainment right there, Sure you guys constantly bash us for Being either very stupid Rich people or very stupid Red Necks, But at least we don't make ourselve LOOK like idiots when debating an issue.

Unchainme
07-13-2005, 12:36 AM
http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=Bush+Protesters/v=2/SID=e/l=IVI/SIG=11v071dsh/EXP=1121315654/*-http%3A//www.ananova.com/images/web/76281.jpg

Here Are some examples,

Wow masks and fake guns your really getting your point across.

:rolleyes: :lol:

Unchainme
07-13-2005, 12:40 AM
http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=Bush+Protesters/v=2/SID=e/l=IVI/SIG=131tuicdl/EXP=1121315929/*-http%3A//www.npr.org/politics/images/2004/aug/reuters/billionaire140.040830.jpg

But I thought He was the party of Religous Red Necks, Did I miss a meeting or something

Unchainme
07-13-2005, 12:45 AM
http://arizona.indymedia.org/uploads/bush_protest_n25_las_vegasb4phoenix.jpg

Ahhh, just like the 60's except all the music sucks. Yes and nothing gets your point across better than a bush mask and American Swastika.

Unchainme
07-13-2005, 12:48 AM
http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=Bush+Protesters/v=2/SID=e/l=IVI/SIG=12f0cc331/EXP=1121316409/*-http%3A//www.aljazeera.com/cgi-bin/news_service/pics/3324.jpg

Damn Straight :LOL:

BTW, Could this guy look any more gay, I mean seriously, I ain't being homophobic or anything but he looks like hes batting on the other team.

Unchainme
07-13-2005, 12:51 AM
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2004-12/02/xin_2512010209026691930210.jpg

yes again with the swastikas. Yeah we get the point.

Unchainme
07-13-2005, 12:54 AM
http://www.greatdreams.com/political/bush-protesters.jpg

Worst Prez Ever?, Isn't that what you said about Reagan?

See I think you guys love to recycle all sorts of things not just trash.

Unchainme
07-13-2005, 12:56 AM
http://aarons.cc/i/i4a/anti-bush-protesters-nyc2.jpg

Awwww, I can see it now DEMOCRATS:THE PARTY FOR CROSS DRESSERS

You guys should get Toni Montana to join.

Unchainme
07-13-2005, 12:57 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
http://www.38ludlow.com/lemonblog/archives/no_bush_girl.jpg

These just keep getting more hilarious by every pic.

Is The Democrat party like the Party For Freaks or something.

Unchainme
07-13-2005, 01:01 AM
http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/9222.jpg

Cathedral
07-13-2005, 01:02 AM
LMMFAO, yeah, nothing says I love my country better than a Nazi/American Flag.

Way to support our troops, folks!

Call the man a liar, that's one thing.
But to suggest our troops are pulling SS duty on his watch, that's something quite different.

Hitler was nothing without his army, it's the same thing with Bush.

So, how are you showing support for our fighting men and women again?

Nickdfresh
07-13-2005, 01:03 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
http://www.38ludlow.com/lemonblog/archives/no_bush_girl.jpg

These just keep getting more hilarious by every pic.

Is The Democrat party like the Party For Freaks or something.

Uh, dude, this guys a "real" man conservative Republican...

The Republicans just use the macho image and homophobia to mask their inner-gayness...

http://www.pamspaulding.com/graphics/gannongay.jpg ;) This guy loves BUSH, and not the kind around a clam.:p

Unchainme
07-13-2005, 01:03 AM
http://images.indymedia.org/imc/twincities/image/2/16214_05%20Billionaires%20for%20Bush.jpg

Again No representations for the Rednecks, Do us a favor at your next little get together make sure the rednecks are represented, They have feelings to ya know.:D LOL

Nickdfresh
07-13-2005, 01:05 AM
http://images.indymedia.org/imc/twincities/image/2/16214_05%20Billionaires%20for%20Bush.jpg

Again No representations for the Rednecks, Do us a favor at your next little get together make sure the rednecks are represented, They have feelings to ya know.:D LOL

Dude, are you going to spam this forum by posting pics of demonstrators you're getting from some website?

Unchainme
07-13-2005, 01:07 AM
http://dustmybroom.com/photodump/bushcanprot.jpg

Where'd this guy get a missle. I WANT A MISSLE!!!!:D

Unchainme
07-13-2005, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Dude, are you going to spam this forum by posting pics of demonstrators you're getting from some website?

Nope I'm done but It was pretty funny looking at the protesters though admit it. :D

Nickdfresh
07-13-2005, 01:13 AM
Nope I'm done but It was pretty funny looking at the protesters though admit it. :D

It's also pretty funny wading through bullshit:

Friday, May 6, 2005

Gay sex scandal rocks Spokane
Mayor denies he abused boys in 1970s or misused his office

By CHRIS McGANN AND KATHY MULADY
SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER REPORTERS

Spokane Mayor Jim West, who championed an anti-gay agenda during his tenure as one of the most powerful Republicans in the Legislature, yesterday admitted to using the trappings of his current office to entice what he thought was a young adult man but denied allegations that he molested two young boys more than 20 years ago.

West confirmed to The Spokesman-Review of Spokane that he offered gifts, favors and a City Hall internship during Internet chats with a man he believed was 18. The online pen pal was actually a forensic computer expert working for the newspaper. After the story hit the newsstands yesterday, West sent city staffers a remorseful e-mail.

"I want to sincerely apologize to you personally for the shame I have brought to the Mayor's office and the city," West wrote. "I stumbled and let you down."

The accusations of child molestation stem from The Spokesman-Review's three-year investigation and interviews with two felons who said West fondled them and forced them to perform sexual acts on him when they were Boy Scouts.

The accounts have not been confirmed or dismissed by law enforcement officials, and no investigations are planned.

Nonetheless, West's tacit acknowledgement of gay sex sent political shock waves across the state.

In more than 20 years in the Legislature, West had initiated legislation to outlaw sexual contact between consenting teenagers; supported a bill that would have barred gays and lesbians from working for schools, day care centers and some state agencies; voted to define marriage as a union between a man and a woman; and, as Senate majority leader, allowed a bill that would ban discrimination against gays and lesbians to die in committee without a hearing.

As Spokane mayor, West threatened to veto a measure extending benefits to domestic partners of city employees.

"It's a pretty egregious case of hypocrisy," Washington State University political scientist Lance LeLoup told The Associated Press.

Sen. Jim Honeyford, R-Sunnyside, said from what he's read, "it's a pretty sad situation for Jim ... It will be very difficult for him, if these allegations are true."

Honeyford, a Republican leader in Olympia, said he and his party oppose issues such as gay marriage because, he said, homosexuality is immoral.

He said West "must have kept his personal life separate from his political life." If West is gay, Honeyford said, he would be at odds with GOP values.

"For the Republican mainstream I would say, yes, probably it would be incompatible."

The Spokesman-Review story included detailed accounts and photographs of two men who allege West molested them when they were in the Boy Scouts.

Both men have criminal records related to drug problems.

Asked about the claims, West told the newspaper: "I didn't abuse them. I don't know these people. I didn't abuse anybody, and I didn't have sex with anybody under 18 -- ever -- woman or man."

In a statement yesterday, West elaborated.

"Allegations about my private life were twofold. I categorically deny allegations about incidents that supposedly occurred 24 years ago as alleged by two convicted felons and about which I have no knowledge," West said. "The newspaper also reported that I have visited a gay chat line on the Internet and had relations with adult men. I don't deny that."

During a brief news conference yesterday, West said he was a law-abiding citizen.

West did not return calls from the Post-Intelligencer for comment yesterday.

West resigned from his post on the board of directors for the Inland Northwest Council of the Boy Scouts of America yesterday morning.

He didn't give a reason, but he knew that anytime someone in a similar position is accused of abuse, the Boy Scouts remove the person from the position until the accusations are resolved, said scout executive Tim McCandless.

West, 54, said he intended to serve out the 1,150 days left in his mayoral term.

West's days in power are numbered even if he doesn't resign, said LeLoup, the Washington State University political scientist.

"He was probably one of the most influential Eastern Washington politicians," LeLoup said. "I believe his political career is over. Plenty of politicians overcome scandals, but I don't see how it's possible in this case."

Some employees at Spokane City Hall were shocked by the accusations, others were trying to understand the implications. City Council members were inundated with phone calls.

"At this point, they are all allegations. Until they become provable with facts, I am treating them just as allegations," said Spokane Councilman Al French. "If the allegations are true, I don't condone it."

He said a number of callers told him they believe that an elected official's private life should be private.

Councilman Bob Apple said he had heard the rumors about West since the 1970s, but the details yesterday "fell on all of us like a ton of bricks."

"I am very cautious about believing them. None have ever held up. His responses today do disturb me. He admits going on the Internet chat rooms and admits having physical relationships with other guys."

Apple is among those bothered by the timing of the story.

"These allegations have been around for 30 years. Why are they coming up now? It really gives me concern that there are some puppet strings being pulled, that there were some people who knew about this and used that clout."

Apple said it is interesting that the allegations surfaced just as the council is considering a domestic partners ordinance in the city.

Apple also mentioned the settlement the city reached last week in connection with the River Park Square parking garage, wrapping up a controversy that has divided the city for nearly a decade. The garage serves a downtown mall. The mall owners also have an ownership interest in the company that publishes The Spokesman-Review.

As the Spokane council members said, West's sexuality had been the subject of rumors across the state for years but hadn't been publicized until yesterday's newspaper stories.

Concerning his sexual orientation, West told the Spokane paper, "I wouldn't characterize me as 'gay,' " but didn't distance himself from the term "bisexual."

During a Feb. 26 online conversation published in the Spokesman-Review, West wrote to someone posing as a teenager.

"Remember, Im very closeted. No one knows I like guys. Except the few guys Ive been with and highly trusted," West wrote.

"Its just that the openly gay guys are a little over the top for me. I dont really like the in-your-face attitude some guys have. And the massive political agenda either. I say live and let live. Most gay guys turn me off, too."

The Spokesman-Review said the person posing as the teenager initially indicated he was 17 when the online conversations began and later told West he turned 18 in March.

During his time in the Legislature, West gained a reputation as an effective, fierce parliamentary strategist.

He was also controversial. In 1998, he left a threatening message for a lobbyist after becoming enraged by a newspaper ad a building industry group took out.

In response, he left a message on the answering machine of a leader in that group that said, "You son of a bitch, you better get me, 'cause if you don't, you're dead."

West said he was only being metaphorical, threatening that the group would not receive the support and access it had always enjoyed with West if it didn't lay off.

West was charged with two misdemeanors, received a $250 fine and was put on probation. He also had to donate $500 to charity, pay court costs and apologize.

State Republican Party Chairman Chris Vance said the current scandal would not harm the GOP.

Despite West's own aspirations to run for governor, Vance said that he had not been discussed as a possible contender in 2004 and would not be for the 2008 election.

WHAT THEY'RE SAYING

The Spokesman-Review newspaper published a report yesterday detailing accusations that Spokane Mayor Jim West had molested two boys decades ago and had more recently used his position to try to attract young men on a gay Web site.

Here's what people were saying about the allegations:

"This is not a story about sexual orientation. This is a story about alleged sexual abuse of children and misuse of power and authority."

-- Steven Smith, editor of The Spokesman-Review, in a note to readers in yesterday's newspaper

"That's clearly a misuse of power. The best thing Jim West could do for Spokane and for himself is resign."

-- Lance LeLoup, Washington State University political science professor

"This is between Jim West and the people of Spokane. ... What happens to individuals doesn't reflect the party as a whole."

-- Chris Vance, state Republican Party chairman

"The public's trust is eroded when what elected officials advocate is different from how they conduct their own life."

-- State Senate Majority Leader Lisa Brown, D-Spokane

"The allegations are disturbing, and that's putting it lightly. I can't say I ever saw anything personally to conclude that any of it was true."

-- Sen. Brad Benson, R-Spokane

"It's unfortunate, but I'm glad it's finally out."

-- Kevan Gardner of the Pride Foundation, which supports gays and lesbians

"He was a very strong state senator and a very powerful state senator. ... If indeed he is gay, it's kind of anomalous that he would be so aggressively antagonistic to (gay) civil rights legislation."

-- Phil Talmadge, former Democratic state legislator who served with West in the Senate

"Some people have had some hints about it and some people are very shocked. ... Jim West is a cutthroat politician. He likes power over people -- and over young people."

-- Sen. Pam Roach, R-Auburn, who clashed with West in the Senate

"I don't comment on members' personal lives."

-- Rep. Ed Murray, D-Seattle, one of four openly gay Washington state legislators

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/223201_west06.html

P-I reporter Angela Galloway and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Unchainme
07-13-2005, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
It's also pretty funny wading through bullshit:

Friday, May 6, 2005

Gay sex scandal rocks Spokane
Mayor denies he abused boys in 1970s or misused his office

By CHRIS McGANN AND KATHY MULADY
SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER REPORTERS

Spokane Mayor Jim West, who championed an anti-gay agenda during his tenure as one of the most powerful Republicans in the Legislature, yesterday admitted to using the trappings of his current office to entice what he thought was a young adult man but denied allegations that he molested two young boys more than 20 years ago.

West confirmed to The Spokesman-Review of Spokane that he offered gifts, favors and a City Hall internship during Internet chats with a man he believed was 18. The online pen pal was actually a forensic computer expert working for the newspaper. After the story hit the newsstands yesterday, West sent city staffers a remorseful e-mail.

"I want to sincerely apologize to you personally for the shame I have brought to the Mayor's office and the city," West wrote. "I stumbled and let you down."

The accusations of child molestation stem from The Spokesman-Review's three-year investigation and interviews with two felons who said West fondled them and forced them to perform sexual acts on him when they were Boy Scouts.

The accounts have not been confirmed or dismissed by law enforcement officials, and no investigations are planned.

Nonetheless, West's tacit acknowledgement of gay sex sent political shock waves across the state.

In more than 20 years in the Legislature, West had initiated legislation to outlaw sexual contact between consenting teenagers; supported a bill that would have barred gays and lesbians from working for schools, day care centers and some state agencies; voted to define marriage as a union between a man and a woman; and, as Senate majority leader, allowed a bill that would ban discrimination against gays and lesbians to die in committee without a hearing.

As Spokane mayor, West threatened to veto a measure extending benefits to domestic partners of city employees.

"It's a pretty egregious case of hypocrisy," Washington State University political scientist Lance LeLoup told The Associated Press.

Sen. Jim Honeyford, R-Sunnyside, said from what he's read, "it's a pretty sad situation for Jim ... It will be very difficult for him, if these allegations are true."

Honeyford, a Republican leader in Olympia, said he and his party oppose issues such as gay marriage because, he said, homosexuality is immoral.

He said West "must have kept his personal life separate from his political life." If West is gay, Honeyford said, he would be at odds with GOP values.

"For the Republican mainstream I would say, yes, probably it would be incompatible."

The Spokesman-Review story included detailed accounts and photographs of two men who allege West molested them when they were in the Boy Scouts.

Both men have criminal records related to drug problems.

Asked about the claims, West told the newspaper: "I didn't abuse them. I don't know these people. I didn't abuse anybody, and I didn't have sex with anybody under 18 -- ever -- woman or man."

In a statement yesterday, West elaborated.

"Allegations about my private life were twofold. I categorically deny allegations about incidents that supposedly occurred 24 years ago as alleged by two convicted felons and about which I have no knowledge," West said. "The newspaper also reported that I have visited a gay chat line on the Internet and had relations with adult men. I don't deny that."

During a brief news conference yesterday, West said he was a law-abiding citizen.

West did not return calls from the Post-Intelligencer for comment yesterday.

West resigned from his post on the board of directors for the Inland Northwest Council of the Boy Scouts of America yesterday morning.

He didn't give a reason, but he knew that anytime someone in a similar position is accused of abuse, the Boy Scouts remove the person from the position until the accusations are resolved, said scout executive Tim McCandless.

West, 54, said he intended to serve out the 1,150 days left in his mayoral term.

West's days in power are numbered even if he doesn't resign, said LeLoup, the Washington State University political scientist.

"He was probably one of the most influential Eastern Washington politicians," LeLoup said. "I believe his political career is over. Plenty of politicians overcome scandals, but I don't see how it's possible in this case."

Some employees at Spokane City Hall were shocked by the accusations, others were trying to understand the implications. City Council members were inundated with phone calls.

"At this point, they are all allegations. Until they become provable with facts, I am treating them just as allegations," said Spokane Councilman Al French. "If the allegations are true, I don't condone it."

He said a number of callers told him they believe that an elected official's private life should be private.

Councilman Bob Apple said he had heard the rumors about West since the 1970s, but the details yesterday "fell on all of us like a ton of bricks."

"I am very cautious about believing them. None have ever held up. His responses today do disturb me. He admits going on the Internet chat rooms and admits having physical relationships with other guys."

Apple is among those bothered by the timing of the story.

"These allegations have been around for 30 years. Why are they coming up now? It really gives me concern that there are some puppet strings being pulled, that there were some people who knew about this and used that clout."

Apple said it is interesting that the allegations surfaced just as the council is considering a domestic partners ordinance in the city.

Apple also mentioned the settlement the city reached last week in connection with the River Park Square parking garage, wrapping up a controversy that has divided the city for nearly a decade. The garage serves a downtown mall. The mall owners also have an ownership interest in the company that publishes The Spokesman-Review.

As the Spokane council members said, West's sexuality had been the subject of rumors across the state for years but hadn't been publicized until yesterday's newspaper stories.

Concerning his sexual orientation, West told the Spokane paper, "I wouldn't characterize me as 'gay,' " but didn't distance himself from the term "bisexual."

During a Feb. 26 online conversation published in the Spokesman-Review, West wrote to someone posing as a teenager.

"Remember, Im very closeted. No one knows I like guys. Except the few guys Ive been with and highly trusted," West wrote.

"Its just that the openly gay guys are a little over the top for me. I dont really like the in-your-face attitude some guys have. And the massive political agenda either. I say live and let live. Most gay guys turn me off, too."

The Spokesman-Review said the person posing as the teenager initially indicated he was 17 when the online conversations began and later told West he turned 18 in March.

During his time in the Legislature, West gained a reputation as an effective, fierce parliamentary strategist.

He was also controversial. In 1998, he left a threatening message for a lobbyist after becoming enraged by a newspaper ad a building industry group took out.

In response, he left a message on the answering machine of a leader in that group that said, "You son of a bitch, you better get me, 'cause if you don't, you're dead."

West said he was only being metaphorical, threatening that the group would not receive the support and access it had always enjoyed with West if it didn't lay off.

West was charged with two misdemeanors, received a $250 fine and was put on probation. He also had to donate $500 to charity, pay court costs and apologize.

State Republican Party Chairman Chris Vance said the current scandal would not harm the GOP.

Despite West's own aspirations to run for governor, Vance said that he had not been discussed as a possible contender in 2004 and would not be for the 2008 election.

WHAT THEY'RE SAYING

The Spokesman-Review newspaper published a report yesterday detailing accusations that Spokane Mayor Jim West had molested two boys decades ago and had more recently used his position to try to attract young men on a gay Web site.

Here's what people were saying about the allegations:

"This is not a story about sexual orientation. This is a story about alleged sexual abuse of children and misuse of power and authority."

-- Steven Smith, editor of The Spokesman-Review, in a note to readers in yesterday's newspaper

"That's clearly a misuse of power. The best thing Jim West could do for Spokane and for himself is resign."

-- Lance LeLoup, Washington State University political science professor

"This is between Jim West and the people of Spokane. ... What happens to individuals doesn't reflect the party as a whole."

-- Chris Vance, state Republican Party chairman

"The public's trust is eroded when what elected officials advocate is different from how they conduct their own life."

-- State Senate Majority Leader Lisa Brown, D-Spokane

"The allegations are disturbing, and that's putting it lightly. I can't say I ever saw anything personally to conclude that any of it was true."

-- Sen. Brad Benson, R-Spokane

"It's unfortunate, but I'm glad it's finally out."

-- Kevan Gardner of the Pride Foundation, which supports gays and lesbians

"He was a very strong state senator and a very powerful state senator. ... If indeed he is gay, it's kind of anomalous that he would be so aggressively antagonistic to (gay) civil rights legislation."

-- Phil Talmadge, former Democratic state legislator who served with West in the Senate

"Some people have had some hints about it and some people are very shocked. ... Jim West is a cutthroat politician. He likes power over people -- and over young people."

-- Sen. Pam Roach, R-Auburn, who clashed with West in the Senate

"I don't comment on members' personal lives."

-- Rep. Ed Murray, D-Seattle, one of four openly gay Washington state legislators

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/223201_west06.html

P-I reporter Angela Galloway and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

God I hate when people are Hypocritical, Democrats or Republicans.

Steve Savicki
07-13-2005, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral The "It's my way, there is no highway option"
Politics are ugly no matter which way you look at it. Isn't that why we're all here LOL?

Angel
07-13-2005, 02:50 PM
I always thought Canada and the US were friends.
One hand washes the other as far as import/export goes.

Both countries would lose greatly if that friendship were to turn to shit.

It has been turning into shit for a long time. Ever since an idiotic Prime Minister practically sold us out to Reagan. One hand washes the other? You should read up on the softwood lumber dispute, or the Cattle border closing, just too name a couple. Free Trade benefitted only one North American country, and it wasn't Canada or Mexico.