http://www.crooksandliars.com/

it's half way down the page and is called

Press Corp grilling Scotty

scorpioboy33
07-12-2005, 12:46 AM
it just get's funnier each time I listen it

Cathedral
07-12-2005, 12:51 AM
Do you ever listen to Scott talk and not believe a word he says?
Hell, I'm not even sure he believes what he says.

While i was growing up, telling a lie and getting away with it was a lot harder than it is for politicians.

Washington needs a mother to keep it in line.

scorpioboy33
07-12-2005, 12:53 AM
http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000977098

there's more just check out this transcript...it's amazing...

floyd95
07-12-2005, 12:59 AM
that's very interesting, the press is all over that shit, turd blossom aka rove will weasel out of it somehow

Cathedral
07-12-2005, 01:06 AM
They definately ate him alive, that's for sure.

floyd95
07-12-2005, 01:09 AM
it's good to see the white house press exhibiting more balls than they usually do

ODShowtime
07-12-2005, 10:44 AM
They have no credibility left. Anyone who believes anything they say is a moron. Lots of morons running around in here.

Jesus Christ
07-12-2005, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by floyd95
it's good to see the white house press exhibiting more balls than they usually do

Verily....

Where hath these scribes been for the last 5 years?

Nickdfresh
07-12-2005, 01:11 PM
He's getting it handed to him again today...He looks like a sniper is lurking in the press corp for him.

KUDOs to the press for pressing the issue!

FORD
07-12-2005, 01:16 PM
I agree with our Lord and Savior.... great job by Terry Moran, John Roberts, David Gregory and the others (even FAUX's Carl Cameron in a rare moment of journalism) but why the HELL did it take this long for them to find their ballsacks.

Warham
07-12-2005, 03:27 PM
Nothing like asking the same question the whole press conference, eh?

FORD
07-12-2005, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Warham
Nothing like asking the same question the whole press conference, eh?

Nothing like being a little pussy backtracking on an answer he'd already given, now that he knows his guy is guilty as sin.

Warham
07-12-2005, 03:31 PM
He gave them a valid stock answer, the same one that anyone gives during an impending investigation. When it's over, then he can give answers that they are foaming at the mouth for.

Cathedral
07-12-2005, 03:49 PM
Whats wrong with letting the investigation run its course before everyone calls for Roves firing?
I find all sorts of things troubling to me of late, but one of the worst things so far is how action is being called on before all the facts are on the table.

I'm not convinced that he broke any laws yet, so how can anyone else be so sure?
It is starting to look more like a partisan attack than an actual desire to know the truth.
And if the truth is truly what people want, then let the investigation conclude before jumping all over the man.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like Karl Rove at all, but we do have this thing in America called Due Process.

Democrats are always rushing to guilty until proven innocent, why is that?
Itr's crazy to me how they have all these accusations but can never prove anything they claim.

To prosecute someone, you have to prove guilt. Democrats are not exempt from that little detail.

So, that said, How can President Bush fire Rove before the investigation is complete?

If you want Rove gone, you have to play by the rules, folks.

The moment Rove is found to have broken the law i'll stand right beside you and call for his firing.
But without proof there was a crime committed, there is simply no way he'll be let go.

But, anyone who is under investigation for Security Breaches should have their Security Clearance revoked until the investigation has ended. That's just common sense in my opinion.

And if there is no evidence found that he broke the law i don't expect to hear how he "Weasled Out Of It" when the tuth is no more complicated than the accusers and headhunters failed to prove their case.

Warham
07-12-2005, 03:51 PM
You make more sense around here than most. ;)

FORD
07-12-2005, 03:55 PM
Rove's lawyer has already admitted that it was KKKarl who leaked the name, only he did so by saying "Wilson's Wife".

As I mentioned earlier, Wilson is not a Mormon, and therefore only has one wife, therefore getting to his wife's name from that point is not difficult.

Rove didn't get where he was by being stupid. If he said "Wilson's wife" he knew exactly to whom he was referring, and he knew WHY he was referring to her.

The entire plan here was "payback" against Joe Wilson for not going along with the Nigerian "yellowcake" scam.

Cathedral
07-12-2005, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Warham
He gave them a valid stock answer, the same one that anyone gives during an impending investigation. When it's over, then he can give answers that they are foaming at the mouth for.

I agree with this, to a point.
My concern is that nothing should have been said during the investigation at all.

So this current confrontational atmosphere from the Press Corps. is pretty much warranted.

Scott talking to all the party's involved and asking them if they had anything to do with the leak is as effective as asking your wife if she has had an affair.
Like you'll get an admission of guilt?

C'mon, I know we're all smarter than that.

The press has the same problem with it as i do.
You can't comment on something when things seem to be going your way and then claim "No Comment" if the tide shifts.

Had he started a couple of years ago by saying "No Comment", he wouldn't be stuck in the corner he backed himself into.

Cathedral
07-12-2005, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Rove's lawyer has already admitted that it was KKKarl who leaked the name, only he did so by saying "Wilson's Wife".

As I mentioned earlier, Wilson is not a Mormon, and therefore only has one wife, therefore getting to his wife's name from that point is not difficult.

Rove didn't get where he was by being stupid. If he said "Wilson's wife" he knew exactly to whom he was referring, and he knew WHY he was referring to her.

The entire plan here was "payback" against Joe Wilson for not going along with the Nigerian "yellowcake" scam.

But Plame was sitting at a desk, not in the field on covert operations.
That is a big sticky point in all of this.
Problem is, we don't know what her past 5 year agenda was, so if she wasn't in the field in the last 5 years then no crime was committed.

It is also believed by many that her identity was compromised long before this story broke, so her being effective in future operations was pretty much a crap shoot anyway.

Now you claim it was all about "payback", so where is the proof of that conspiracy along with all other un-proven conspiracies to date?

I think the far left has engaged in so many false accusations that at this point they actually believe their own bullshit.
And i don't like the idea of screaming that someone is guilty when the proof has never materialized to back that up.

It doesn't seem to be so much about justice as it does trying to discredit people in the eyes of the voters to gain a foothold on political power.

That tactic doesn't work on me, but unfortunately there are plenty that it does work on.
I trust no man, especially a politician.
But it takes a hell of a lot more than words to change my opinion of someone.

Prove what you claim and you'll have my support in seeking justice.

Otherwise, shut the hell up and write fiction novels.

floyd95
07-12-2005, 05:30 PM
I for one will not miss k.rove when he is finally gone (locked up, dead, forgotten) although I will miss his overall doughy, pastiness.