PDA

View Full Version : The Left doesn't support the troops and should admit it

BigBadBrian
07-12-2005, 09:15 AM
The Left doesn't support the troops and should admit it
Dennis Prager

July 12, 2005

Liberals, Democrats and others on the Left frequently state that they "support the troops." For most of them, whether they realize it or not, this is not true. They feel they must say this because the majority of Americans would find any other position unacceptable. Indeed, for most liberals, the thought that they really do not support the troops is unacceptable even to them.

Lest this argument be dismissed as an attack on leftist Americans' patriotism, let it be clear that leftists' patriotism is not the issue here. Their honesty is.

In order to understand this, we need to first have a working definition of the term "support the troops." Presumably it means that one supports what the troops are doing and rooting for them to succeed. What else could "support the troops" mean? If you say, for example, that you support the Yankees or the Dodgers, we assume it means you want them to win.

But most of the Left does not want the troops to win in Iraq. The Left's message is this: "You troops may think you are winning; you may think you are doing good and moral things in Iraq; you may believe you are fighting the worst human beings of our age and protecting us against the scourge of Islamic terror. But we on the Left believe none of that. We believe this war is being fought for oil and for Halliburton and other corporations; we believe you are waging a war that is both illegal and immoral; we believe you have invaded a country for no good reason and have killed a hundred thousand Iraqis [the Left's generally mentioned number] for no good reason; but, hey, we sure do support you."

Honest people on the Left need to understand that the two positions are not reconcilable. A German citizen during World War II could not have argued: "The Nazi regime's army is engaged in an evil war of aggression and is slaughtering millions of innocent people, and I therefore completely oppose this war, but I sure do support the Nazi troops."

One example is the claim made by Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry and almost all other Democrats and liberals that the war in Iraq is "the wrong war in the wrong place at the wrong time." How does one support troops that are fighting a wrong war in the wrong place at the wrong time? A few leftist writers have been honest enough to say, "Nothing personal, guys, but I sure don't support you." But the vast majority of the Left and all Democratic politicians have not been honest on this matter.

A second example is the oft-repeated line, found on liberal bumper stickers, "War is not the answer." Aside from the idiocy of this claim -- war has solved slavery, ended the Holocaust, destroyed Japanese Fascism, preserved half the Korean peninsula from near-genocide, and saved Israel from extinction, among other noble achievements -- the claim offers no support to those who do engage in war.

How could one believe that "war is not the answer" and also claim to "support the troops," the very people waging what is "not the answer"? The answer is, by being dishonest.

A third example is the Left's opposition to military recruitment on most of the elite and many other college campuses. So deep is leftist disdain for troops that most on the Left regard the mere presence of military personnel on a university campus as a form of contamination. Yet, the Left claims to "support the troops."

Many on the Left express far more contempt than support for the troops.

A Democratic senator compares our interrogators to the Nazis and Communist torturers; the head of Amnesty International in America defends likening Guantanamo Bay to the Gulag; and liberals routinely speak of troops as coming from the lowest socio-economic rungs of society (maybe that's one reason they oppose recruiters on campuses, lest the best educated actually join the military). But, hey, the Left supports the troops.

An honest leftist would say: "Because I view this war as immoral, I cannot support our troops." What is not honest is their saying, "Support the troops -- bring them home." Supporting people who wish to fight entails supporting their fight; and if that fight is opposed, those waging it are also opposed.

Many on the Left angrily accuse the Right of disparaging their patriotism. That charge, too, is false. I have never heard a mainstream conservative impugn the patriotism of liberals. But as regards their attitude toward our troops, the patriotism of those on the Left is not the issue. The issue is their honesty.

Link (http://www.townhall.com/columnists/dennisprager/dp20050712.shtml)

LoungeMachine
07-12-2005, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian

But most of the Left does not want the troops to win in Iraq. The Left's message is this: "You troops may think you are winning; you may think you are doing good and moral things in Iraq; you may believe you are fighting the worst human beings of our age and protecting us against the scourge of Islamic terror. But we on the Left believe none of that. We believe this war is being fought for oil and for Halliburton and other corporations; we believe you are waging a war that is both illegal and immoral; we believe you have invaded a country for no good reason and have killed a hundred thousand Iraqis [the Left's generally mentioned number] for no good reason; but, hey, we sure do support you."

Yeah.

Why must this be mutually exclusive?

I wholeheartedly wish them success, and a safe speedy return, AND I think they are there for oil and profits....not by THEIR choice.

I can only speak for myself though. I dont wish them failure, however I do wish the demise of the people who sent them there under false pretenses.

I support the troops, just not the administration, nor it's corporate profieers.

Having said that, I also don't feel they CAN "win" this thing. They COULD have if they had planned it right perhaps, but we've now put our troops in a situation where "winning" is almost impossible. The "insurgents" are recruiting and importing faster than we can kill and/or incarcerate.

:cool:

LoungeMachine
07-12-2005, 09:25 AM

Many on the Left angrily accuse the Right of disparaging their patriotism. That charge, too, is false. I have never heard a mainstream conservative impugn the patriotism of liberals.

BULLSHIT.

Ann The Man, Rush, Hannity, they have ALL impugned the patriotism of the "Left"

What a crock of shit:mad:

Nickdfresh
07-12-2005, 10:45 AM
I support the troops by not wanting them to die in a stupid oil war...

Now here's a Neo CON asshole who doesn't support the troops...
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/Nickdfresh/Rumsfeld.jpg

thome
07-12-2005, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Yeah.

Why must this be mutually exclusive?

I wholeheartedly wish them success, and a safe speedy return, AND I think they are there for oil and profits....not by THEIR choice.

I can only speak for myself though. I dont wish them failure, however I do wish the demise of the people who sent them there under false pretenses.

I support the troops, just not the administration, nor it's corporate profieers.

Having said that, I also don't feel they CAN "win" this thing. They COULD have if they had planned it right perhaps, but we've now put our troops in a situation where "winning" is almost impossible. The "insurgents" are recruiting and importing faster than we can kill and/or incarcerate.

There are noble causes to Fight for i believe this action is. My OP

You are mature enough to know nothing takes place anywhere in
THIS WORLD with out Money (in the hugest way you can think of) completely dominating all scenarios.
So you are correct yet somewhat nieve to the justification .My OP

ODShowtime
07-12-2005, 10:51 AM

BBB is one person who should understand that it's the politicians' fault for starting the war, and for conducting it in an incompetent manner. Given our firepower, it was obvious we could destroy the Iraqi Army. But we let them melt back into society. Whose fault was that? Not the soldiers' fault. And anyone with common sense knows that. We never even trained these guys for anti-insurgency! Hell, Marines were patrolling for the first year. That's retarded!

These are my favorite kind of articles you post. Where some idoit tries to pidgeon hole anyone who isn't in lockstep with The Party. It's bullshit as usual. And I'm sure you don't have anything worthwhile to say about it.

knuckleboner
07-12-2005, 12:04 PM
i definitely don't find it hard to support the troops and oppose the war.

here's how it goes:

i respect the all volunteer army. these are men and women that have volunarially taken jobs that place their own lives at risk so that they can protect me. that alone deserves my unqualified support.

i understand, and agree with the principal that we don't let the military personnel make the decisions about which actions they should partake in and which they don't want to. there is a civilian command structure, accountable to the electorate, that makes the decisions.

i can choose to disagree with the decision that the command structure makes, without openly opposing the troops.

do i wish the troops didn't invade iraq? yes. do i hope they are "beaten" by the insurgants? of course not. i hope every single one of our troops makes it back here safely.

for the vietnam war, people opposed the war and opposed the troops. called them names. spat on them; gave them absolutely no respect.

my mom was a navy intensive care nurse in the states. she got the now-maimed teenagers coming back. she was told by her superiors NOT to wear her uniform to work, because of the general discord towards the military.

today, most people, liberals and conservatives alike, look admiringly at the troops. any sporting event that recognizes military personnel gets resounding standing ovations.

we may not all agree that particular sacrifices were necessary. yet most of us (from both sides of the aisle) understand how lucky America is to have people willing to sign up for a job that may require that sacrifice.

UGS
07-12-2005, 08:47 PM
Supporting the troops as human beings is much different from supporting their mission. Only a complete moron is unable to distinguish the two.

It's like that old saying "I love my country, not my government"

academic punk
07-12-2005, 08:58 PM
This theory is built on a false premise. Right here:

In order to understand this, we need to first have a working definition of the term "support the troops." Presumably it means that one supports what the troops are doing and rooting for them to succeed. What else could "support the troops" mean? If you say, for example, that you support the Yankees or the Dodgers, we assume it means you want them to win.

Link (http://www.townhall.com/columnists/dennisprager/dp20050712.shtml)

The presumption is wrong (or, if not wrong, built on a matter of opinion on what "success" means).

What else could "support the troops" mean? It could mean that they are ordered to fight in and for noble causes, that they uphold the best standards emerging from our political appointees, that they are led by able and a caring secretary of defense who will equip them with the best armor, and the safest ammunition that won't wind up getting them sick upon their return (google "depleted uranium").

The very next sentence compares the reponsibilities of our troops to baseball teams. That to me SCREAMS that the writer of this op-ed is the one who has a fundamental flaw in their understanding of what is happening half the world away. This is not a game. There is no next season for our troops who die. This is not about winning the World Series and having a big fucking parade for the champions.

It's about realizing that these are human lives, and appreciating that even for the survivors, their lives will forever be altered from their experieinces fighting for a war that had its intelligence designed and built aftre the fact.

LoungeMachine
07-12-2005, 09:07 PM
Let me paint a picture for you.

Brian saw this piece, KNEW it was neo-con bullshit, and sat back with a wide ass grin.

"God", sad Brain to himself, "this will have Lounge, A/P, Nick, and the rest of 'em frothing at the mouth"

He posted this to push our buttons for HIS amusement.

And as always, we took the bait.

Well Done, Bri.

academic punk
07-12-2005, 09:18 PM
I don't feel like I took the bait. I rejected it.

It was a lousy piece written by some Hannity-wanna-be. I don't go for "worms". Bait me with a valid premise and argument, and I'll appreciate the challenge, as well as maybe learn of a valid new perspective.

Va Beach VH Fan
07-12-2005, 09:18 PM
Once again, there's a difference between supporting the troops and disagreeing with the policy....

LoungeMachine
07-12-2005, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
Once again, there's a difference between supporting the troops and disagreeing with the policy....

THIS from a VET:cool:

Thanks VA.

It's nice to know some of us Libs aren't painted with the same brush.

Serling
07-12-2005, 09:22 PM
A well spun piece of Propaganda.

Wouldn't "supporting" the troops include:

A.) Seeing that they have the proper armaments & protection.

B.) Making sure the brave Men & Women of the armed services get the best possible medical care and insurance coverage possible, especially those maimed &/or disabled in service to their country.

Now, who's "really" not supporting the troops?

LoungeMachine
07-12-2005, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by academic punk

I don't go for "worms". Bait me with a valid premise and argument, and I'll appreciate the challenge,

We all know what "bait" you go for:rolleyes:

Anything with a hardshell over 90 years old :cool:

LoungeMachine
07-12-2005, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Serling

Wouldn't "supporting" the troops include:

A.) Seeing that they have the proper armaments & protection.

B.) Making sure the brave Men & Women of the armed services get the best possible medical care and insurance coverage possible, especially those maimed &/or disabled in service to their country.

Now, who's "really" not supporting the troops?

Proud to be your first 5 star vote, whoever you are. :cool:

academic punk
07-12-2005, 09:27 PM
We all know what "bait" you go for:rolleyes:

Anything with a hardshell over 90 years old :cool:

Shit. I walked into that one...

Serling
07-12-2005, 09:29 PM
And maybe those same service Men & Women would like to see some benefit back home, say perhaps REASONABLE gas prices.

Wasn't it CANDIDATE Bush, back in 1999, that railed against the CLINTON administration for the $1.25 price of gasoline?

Hindsight is such a beautiful thing.

Serling
07-12-2005, 09:38 PM
Proud to be your first 5 star vote, whoever you are. :cool:

Much obliged, and here's yours.

George W. Bush "The French have no word for "entrepreneur"."

If that doesn't inspire confidence, what would?

Warham
07-12-2005, 09:44 PM
You libs should take the Who song 'Won't Get Fooled Again' to heart.

Serling
07-12-2005, 09:46 PM
After the Nixon Administration you'd think it would be part of the Republican Party bylaws.

Warham
07-12-2005, 09:47 PM
And maybe those same service Men & Women would like to see some benefit back home, say perhaps REASONABLE gas prices.

Wasn't it CANDIDATE Bush, back in 1999, that railed against the CLINTON administration for the $1.25 price of gasoline?

Hindsight is such a beautiful thing.

The men and women in the service would like to see certain senators over here stop referring to them Nazis. Gas prices can be put in the que after that.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/eibessential/illustrating_absurdity/clubgitmoeast.Par.0001.ImageFile.jpg

Here's a picture of some servicemen in Iraq proudly wearing their Club G'itmo shirts, courtesy of Limbaugh's website ;)

LoungeMachine
07-12-2005, 09:48 PM
Won't Get Fooled Again

We'll be fighting in the streets
With our children at our feet
And the morals that they worship will be gone
And the men who spurred us on
Sit in judgment of all wrong
They decide and the shotgun sings the song

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again

The change, it had to come
We knew it all along
We were liberated from the fold, that's all
And the world looks just the same
And history ain't changed
'Cause the banners, they are flown in the next war

Just like yesterday
No, no

I'll move myself and my family aside
If we happen to be left half alive
I'll get all my papers and smile at the sky
Though I know that the hypnotized never lie
Do ya?

There's nothing in the streets
Looks any different to me
And the slogans are replaced, by-the-bye
And the parting on the left
Are now parting on the right
And the beards have all grown longer overnight

Just like yesterday
Don't get fooled again
No, no

Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss

Serling
07-12-2005, 09:49 PM
Men & Women in the service would like to think that they are making a difference in the War of terror, not simply settling old scores.
Those same service people would also like to think that their Representatives wouldn't arm a foreign nation to the teeth, only to send U.S service people off to die in the name of the Oil lobbyist.

Warham
07-12-2005, 09:50 PM
Excellent tune.

LoungeMachine
07-12-2005, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Warham
The men and women in the service would like to see certain senators over here stop referring to them Nazis. Gas prices can be put in the que after that.

:rolleyes:

They'd also like kevlar vests that HAVE'NT been recalled by the mfg, as well as food that is NOT 1 year past date.

Some armored vehicles would be niceoo, if it's not too much trouble:cool:

" Sometimes you go to war with the Army you have, not the Army you want" - Donald Rumsfeld

[ suppose they are just FINE with that statement ] :rolleyes:

Serling
07-12-2005, 09:53 PM
Here's a picture of some servicemen in Iraq proudly wearing their Club G'itmo shirts, courtesy of Limbaugh's website ;)

How many of those same servicemen, would you guess, have the same growth on their spine that prevented Rash from serving his country?
He's a patriot that one. At least he didn't get 5 deferments. I'd rather either one had just been honest as a young man and been a "conscientious objector".

Serling
07-12-2005, 09:57 PM
"A President ALWAYS fights a war with the former administrations military. In 1991, the first thing we did was call President Reagan and said "Thank you Sir.""

Would you suppose President Clinton has recieved that call yet?

thome
07-12-2005, 10:04 PM
:rolleyes:

They'd also like kevlar vests that HAVE'NT been recalled by the mfg, as well as food that is NOT 1 year past date.

Some armored vehicles would be niceoo, if it's not too much trouble:cool:

" Sometimes you go to war with the Army you have, not the Army you want" - Donald Rumsfeld

[ suppose they are just FINE with that statement ] :rolleyes:
I asume you are speaking of the light infantry transport vehicle
called Hummer.Its not a tank, not to be used as a tank.
Rumsfeld really did let himself be backed in a corner on that one.
He did sound stupid .
You know your comment is off base also dont you?
:)

Warham
07-12-2005, 10:09 PM

http://home.comcast.net/~smilewbrian/durbin.jpg

Serling
07-12-2005, 10:12 PM

thome
07-12-2005, 10:19 PM
I think Clintons whole deal was he didnt do anything.
THINGS were the same (untouched) or worse after his term.
Is'nt that what this is all about?

Serling
07-12-2005, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by thome
I think Clintons whole deal was he didnt do anything.
THINGS were the same (untouched) or worse after his term.
Is'nt that what this is all about?

No. Try reading before responding. Don't be typical.

Warham
07-12-2005, 10:24 PM
"A President ALWAYS fights a war with the former administrations military. In 1991, the first thing we did was call President Reagan and said "Thank you Sir.""

Why do you think Clinton's been hanging out with Poppy all this time? I'm sure Dubya stopped by for tea during one of Clinton's romps up to Maine.

Serling
07-12-2005, 10:27 PM
Their out of office. They can afford to drop the rhetoric and laugh at the "commoners" together.

Maybe they'll build some low-income housing next week. Naw, that's Carter's gig.

Warham
07-12-2005, 10:28 PM
Carter's done more since he left office than he ever did when he was in office.

thome
07-12-2005, 10:31 PM
No. Try reading before responding. Don't be typical.

No. Stop reading, comprehend.Before responding.Don't be so
ego opinionatedly self absorbed.

Serling
07-12-2005, 10:32 PM
Right. Maybe he's trading hostages for timber these days.

Sorry, wrong President.

Nickdfresh
07-12-2005, 10:36 PM

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/eibessential/illustrating_absurdity/clubgitmoeast.Par.0001.ImageFile.jpg

Hmmm..Their HUMMVEE looks unarmored, can't be sure.

Warham
07-12-2005, 10:37 PM
I need to buy some of those Club G'itmo shirts and send them to some of our liberal friends here at the Army.

Serling
07-12-2005, 10:38 PM
I can always use a new rag to wash my car with.

Or wipe up oil spills in the garage.

thome
07-12-2005, 10:39 PM
Lets bitch about the armor on the 4 runner now ?

BigBadBrian
07-12-2005, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Hmmm..Their HUMMVEE looks unarmored, can't be sure.

Those comments fucking get me every time. Morons. :rolleyes:

Serling
07-12-2005, 10:42 PM
Support those troops! Send them t-shirts, not protective armor.
Saving money one dead serviceman at a time.

Nickdfresh
07-12-2005, 10:45 PM
Those comments fucking get me every time. Morons. :rolleyes:

Sorry BBB, didn't mean to make you feel so guilty and moronic...;)

Warham
07-12-2005, 10:52 PM
Nick couldn't find anything else to say, Brian.

Nickdfresh
07-12-2005, 10:54 PM

Neither can BRIAN.;)

LoungeMachine
07-12-2005, 10:55 PM

But this post is surely your finest hour :cool:

Cathedral
07-12-2005, 10:56 PM
I find the article to be right on judging from the Liberal Democrats i encounter now and then in real life.

The difference is in the way you protest.
You can protest and object to the policy of the current government, you have that right.
But some of the things said do not seperate the troops from what you are attacking.

The Nazi references towards Bush for instance.
Anytime you attack Bush by calling him Hitler instantly makes our troops out as today's SS equivelent.
How do we all view the SS from WWII?

Well, that is exactly what Nazi comments make people around the world look down on our soldiers like.

You have to understand the mentality of the people in other countries, they don't see things like we do, nor do they think like we do.
They hinge all their beliefs on what they are told because they don't know any better, especially people who have spent their lives in oppression.

They believe damn near everything they are told, so if one of our Senators stands in front of a camera saying "We can't win, Bush is Hitler II, He lied to go to war etc.
That shit hurts the troops and in some cases those who attack Bush with silly rants and comparisons instead of attacking the policy itself, do everything but support the troops.

I understand that there is a difference between supporting the troops and protesting policy. The problem is that i don't see that support by the way some people protest that policy.
When a news story breaks about bad shit going down, those articles get posted here with a "See, I told you so" kind of arrogance.

The latching onto all bad things while ignoring the good to make a political point just disgusts me from the media that reports only the bad things, to the people who make comparisons to evil people from the past thinking they are protesting the policy, but they aren't, and their concern is political instead of humane.

It isn't as much un-patriotic as it is irresponsible use of freedoms people throughout history gave their lives to provide for us.

Hitler was nothing without his army, same goes for Bush or any President for that matter.
But when the man is called Hitler, the troops take it as meaning they are America's SS.....Do you understand at all what i'm saying here?

It's not the protesting that is the problem, it's the careless use of dangerous terms meant for Bush that miss the target and hit the soldiers.

The only people that so far have understood what i'm getting at here are Republicans and Moderates.
Liberal Democrat's take it as an insult and hear only what they want to hear.
I'm not trying to attack anyone, just trying to create some awareness to how and what people do to protest Bush.

Speak your mind, but do it as an adult and not some grade schooler who learned a new insult to use to press buttons.

Just be responsible about it, that's all.

Warham
07-12-2005, 10:57 PM
'In My Darkest Hour' by Megadeth...

DrMaddVibe
07-12-2005, 11:08 PM
Like remora fish on a Great White's underside...clinging for Life. Feeding off of the leftovers and unable to go it alone...the Left sucks up with their mantra "I Support The Troops"!

We see through you.

Serling
07-13-2005, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by thome
No. Stop reading, comprehend.Before responding.Don't be so
ego opinionatedly self absorbed.

I'll remember to bring my chalk board and flash cards for you next time slugger. You seem to have a hard time "conceptualizing".

Remember, "A mind is a terrible thing to waste."

Nickdfresh
07-13-2005, 08:57 AM
Let me go support the troops like the typical right-winger does; I'll put a big yellow bow on my car, say nice pro-American things that are just hollow and meaningless speech, and go about my daily life forgetting them by-and-large.

Yeah, support your troops by enabling a shit Administration and an illegal, stupid, counter-productive war. We'll all just vote for an Administration that cuts their benefits as more and more wounded come streaming back from IRAQ, poorly plans a war so that a massive insurgency is allowed to fester because too few troops were sent in, and cut corners by sending them into battle under-prepared...
http://www.elitedesignweb.com/IMAGES/yel-SUPPORT-lg.jpg

Warham
07-13-2005, 09:07 AM
Glad to see you come around, Nick.

4moreyears
07-13-2005, 09:59 AM
You will not see this on the news!!! (http://www.wtv-zone.com/Mary/THISWILLMAKEYOUPROUD.HTML)

thome
07-13-2005, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by 4moreyears
You will not see this on the news!!! (http://www.wtv-zone.com/Mary/THISWILLMAKEYOUPROUD.HTML)

Interesting find seems like all the American public knows
is our boys stand around by intersections and get blown up.

Thanks

Keeyth
07-13-2005, 12:56 PM

Honest people on the Left need to understand that the two positions are not reconcilable. A German citizen during World War II could not have argued: "The Nazi regime's army is engaged in an evil war of aggression and is slaughtering millions of innocent people, and I therefore completely oppose this war, but I sure do support the Nazi troops."

[/URL]

Bullshit, you brainless neo-con shitbag! ( I just love that title for him, Lounge, thanks)
If that person was a German with a conscience who hated what Adolph Hitler was doing, but at the same time had a son who was drafted into the Nazi regime, of course he would be supporting the troops but not the war.
You just didn't have the freedom to say that kind of thing in Germany back then.

Nice whacko right wing websites you frequent. No wonder you're so confused...:rolleyes:

LoungeMachine
07-13-2005, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Keeyth
Bullshit, you brainless neo-con shitbag! ( I just love that title for him, Lounge, thanks)

Thanks K, but lets get it right;)

You added the "brainless" part, and that ruins the whole thing. Make no mistake, with all of their flaws and crazy leanings, these guys like Brian are FAR from brainless. They may be shit-bags, but for the most part they are very bright, well read, and articulate [ other than thome]

Carry on, comrade. You're doing fine work yourself:D

Nickdfresh
07-13-2005, 01:33 PM

You added the "brainless" part, and that ruins the whole thing. Make no mistake, with all of their flaws and crazy leanings, these guys like Brian are FAR from brainless. They may be shit-bags, but for the most part they are very bright, well read, and articulate [ other than thome]

Carry on, comrade. You're doing fine work yourself:D

I prefer "Brainwashed"
myself.:p

I'll say this for BRIAN, he does have "game."

LoungeMachine
07-13-2005, 01:46 PM
I prefer "Brainwashed"
myself.:p

I'll say this for BRIAN, he does have "game."

Kool-Ade soaked Brains:D

Warham
07-13-2005, 02:00 PM
Hmmmm...

FORD
07-13-2005, 02:23 PM
http://www.dubyasworld.com/support-troops.jpg

http://www.anthonycimino.com/images/combat-pay-web-size.jpg

Keeyth
07-13-2005, 02:42 PM

You added the "brainless" part, and that ruins the whole thing.

True. My bad Brian. While I think it is wired a little bit funky, I have to admit, your brain shows you are an intelligent...

...neo-con shitbag! :D

BigBadBrian
07-13-2005, 06:30 PM
Let me paint a picture for you.

Brian saw this piece, KNEW it was neo-con bullshit, and sat back with a wide ass grin.

"God", sad Brain to himself, "this will have Lounge, A/P, Nick, and the rest of 'em frothing at the mouth"

He posted this to push our buttons for HIS amusement.

And as always, we took the bait.

Well Done, Bri.

OK, the jig is up.

Lounge wins the booby prize for this thread.

I read the title to this article and couldn't resist! The title alone was worth the price of admission, right folks? :D

Look at the stupid posts from the Left I got ...mainly from Keeyth and Serling. Others were good however, I must admit...you know who you are.

Anyhow, the biggest Dumbass Statement of the Thread goes to Academic Punk who said: I don't feel like I took the bait. I rejected it.:rolleyes: :D

Now is that fucking priceless or what? :D

Serling
07-13-2005, 06:47 PM

"A rose, by any other name............................."

Warham
07-13-2005, 07:04 PM
It was good enough to rile you up.

Nickdfresh
07-13-2005, 07:08 PM
I've decided to voluntarily watch "TOP GUN" for the first time in about ten years at least...Is that supporting the troops? Or is that just being really gay?:D

Keeyth
07-13-2005, 07:09 PM
OK, the jig is up.

Lounge wins the booby prize for this thread.

I read the title to this article and couldn't resist! The title alone was worth the price of admission, right folks? :D

Look at the stupid posts from the Left I got ...mainly from Keeyth and Serling. Others were good however, I must admit...you know who you are.

Anyhow, the biggest Dumbass Statement of the Thread goes to Academic Punk who said: I don't feel like I took the bait. I rejected it.:rolleyes: :D

Now is that fucking priceless or what? :D

O.K. you got me. I should've known...:D

Va Beach VH Fan
07-13-2005, 07:15 PM
I've decided to voluntarily watch "TOP GUN" for the first time in about ten years at least...Is that supporting the troops? Or is that just being really gay?:D

Probably the best recruitment movie in our generation....

Warham

Are you watching it for Tom Cruise, or the action sequences?

:D

ODShowtime
OK, the jig is up.

What jig? Anyone who's been around for a week knows you post retarded articles for us to reply to. To tell truth I've come to enjoy it. I don't have all day to search the 'net looking for most ill-informed, jingoistic pieces of right-wing bs to rip apart.

But you do your part, day in and day out, much like a dung beetle rolls up balls of shit for some reason. It is the way of the Frontline.

Warham
07-13-2005, 07:16 PM
Yeah, we've all ripped yours to shreds months ago. Time to move onto other targets...

Nickdfresh
07-13-2005, 07:18 PM
Are you watching it for Tom Cruise, or the action sequences?

I'm gonna see when my "E-meter" reading rises.:D

I'm just in the mood for 80's cheese.

Warham
07-13-2005, 07:20 PM
What channel is it on? I should tune in for some laughs when they do that off-key rendition of 'You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin''.

Nickdfresh
07-13-2005, 07:24 PM
What channel is it on? I should tune in for some laughs when they do that off-key rendition of 'You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin''.

HBO3, and they're doing it now.

Man, Kelly McGILLIS...How she get into this film?

Warham
07-13-2005, 07:27 PM
I've got HBO. I'll have to tune in.

I never did like her...

Nickdfresh
07-13-2005, 08:10 PM
I forgot MEG RYAN is this film, damn, it has been a long time. GOOSE just died. **sigh**

Cathedral
07-13-2005, 08:13 PM
What one can do that wasn't allowed to wear a uniform is go and show support for our soldiers by visiting the families of the soldiers who have been killed in action.

I attended a benefit 3 days ago to help comfort an old high school friend who's 20 year old son was killed in Iraq this past May.

It was easily one of the hardest things to do in my life. the last time i saw either parent, this kid was in the womb about to be born.

But i learned so much about what a great kid he was. he was awesome to everyone that knew him and would have done anything he could to help anyone in need.

Show your support for their sacrifice by giving to the families of the fallen to ease their financial burdon and show them that you appreciate the ultimate sacrifice our soldiers are faced with every day.

Do something besides stick a damn magnet on your car, or talk to people who have nothing invested in the war about how much you support the troops.
Don't sit around throwing words and insults to those who disagree with your position on the war.
Don't make politics the subject of the day, but rather be proactive in bringing comfort to those most affected by where their loved one is in Iraq, or the families of the fallen.

Have benefits to raise money for those families who's bread winner is in Iraq serving his country.

Ford posted a nice pic of support, but he overlooks one thing, we can't pull out right now so dude, you need to find another way to support the reality of whats going on.
This isn't about politics, this is about standing face to face with someone who is personally invested in this mess.

If they could come home today that would be great, but that ain't reality.

If you can do any of these things and not walk away changed, there is something wrong with you.
And if everyone could stop using statements that indirectly insults the work our troops are doing and SPEAK supportively in their honor, just don't say anything.

But if all you can do is spout off about the political aspects, at least have the respect to make sure you hit the target without a shock factor that taints the reputation of our armed forces.

If you don't like Bush policy, and I don't, then attack that policy.
if you can't do that without demeaning our soldiers in the process, you don't support the troops.

Bring specifics to the table about that policy and then disect it like a responsible adult.
Attend the march in Sept. to voice your opinions and call for Impeachment, just take into account how what we say can be used to bolster the enemy that our troops face right now.

Damn, is it really so hard to take their safety into account before opening the mouth?

But like my last post in here, it's again falling on blind eyes.

All the attacks in the world against Bush are not going to bring the troops home until the job is finished.
But the words you do choose will have an effect on our troops in battle.
All i ask is that everyone thinks real hard about that.

Take Care!

Serling
07-13-2005, 09:10 PM
It was good enough to rile you up.

Tired, empty rhetoric tends to do that. Mission accomplished.

Serling
07-13-2005, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
What one can do that wasn't allowed to wear a uniform is go and show support for our soldiers by visiting the families of the soldiers who have been killed in action.

I attended a benefit 3 days ago to help comfort an old high school friend who's 20 year old son was killed in Iraq this past May.

It was easily one of the hardest things to do in my life. the last time i saw either parent, this kid was in the womb about to be born.

But i learned so much about what a great kid he was. he was awesome to everyone that knew him and would have done anything he could to help anyone in need.

Show your support for their sacrifice by giving to the families of the fallen to ease their financial burdon and show them that you appreciate the ultimate sacrifice our soldiers are faced with every day.

Do something besides stick a damn magnet on your car, or talk to people who have nothing invested in the war about how much you support the troops.
Don't sit around throwing words and insults to those who disagree with your position on the war.
Don't make politics the subject of the day, but rather be proactive in bringing comfort to those most affected by where their loved one is in Iraq, or the families of the fallen.

Have benefits to raise money for those families who's bread winner is in Iraq serving his country.

Ford posted a nice pic of support, but he overlooks one thing, we can't pull out right now so dude, you need to find another way to support the reality of whats going on.
This isn't about politics, this is about standing face to face with someone who is personally invested in this mess.

If they could come home today that would be great, but that ain't reality.

If you can do any of these things and not walk away changed, there is something wrong with you.
And if everyone could stop using statements that indirectly insults the work our troops are doing and SPEAK supportively in their honor, just don't say anything.

But if all you can do is spout off about the political aspects, at least have the respect to make sure you hit the target without a shock factor that taints the reputation of our armed forces.

If you don't like Bush policy, and I don't, then attack that policy.
if you can't do that without demeaning our soldiers in the process, you don't support the troops.

Bring specifics to the table about that policy and then disect it like a responsible adult.
Attend the march in Sept. to voice your opinions and call for Impeachment, just take into account how what we say can be used to bolster the enemy that our troops face right now.

Damn, is it really so hard to take their safety into account before opening the mouth?

But like my last post in here, it's again falling on blind eyes.

All the attacks in the world against Bush are not going to bring the troops home until the job is finished.
But the words you do choose will have an effect on our troops in battle.
All i ask is that everyone thinks real hard about that.

Take Care!

BRAVO! A true American Patriot.

Donating ones time & care to those who sacrificed everything is not only rewarding, it is also a moral responsibility.

BigBadBrian
07-13-2005, 09:47 PM

Donating ones time & care to those who sacrificed everything is not only rewarding, it is also a moral responsibility.

Indeed. We agree...for once. ;) :D

LoungeMachine
07-13-2005, 09:51 PM

I'm just in the mood for 80's cheese.

You're an asshole D :cool:

ya know, it wasn't all cheese.

LoungeMachine
07-13-2005, 09:53 PM

Catherdral is that, and more.

Well done, Catheter :cool:

FORD
07-13-2005, 11:19 PM

If it had a Kenny Loggins theme song, it was ;)

But I'll admit to owning the DVD (and I still have the original VHS somewhere)

Cathedral
07-14-2005, 01:39 AM

Thanks for saying that, I'm not worthy of course but i appreciate the kind words of support.

You too, Lounge!
That is the nicest thing you have ever said to me, just before calling me a piss bag, lmmfao.

That memorial hit home for me.
I have two close friends that served in Iraq, one served in Afghanistan prior to being sent there but he's in Special Forces and is always on the move. but they came home so the mood from that was a more carefree and celebratory attitude.

The pain a parent has to endure to lay a child to rest is something i wish nobody ever had to experience, and they should not have to do it alone.

There are no words to describe that feeling, and it doesn't fade, there is no getting over that no matter what you do.
It sticks with you, even though you push it down deep into the mind, it surfaces when you least expect it and can be triggered by anything that reminds you of them.

Warham
07-14-2005, 07:14 AM
Cat's the most clear thinker around here, next to me of course.

;)

ODShowtime
07-14-2005, 10:21 AM
Cat's the most clear thinker around here, next to me of course.

;)

that's easy when you only have one topic on your mind at all times :)

LoungeMachine
07-14-2005, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by FORD
If it had a Kenny Loggins theme song, it was ;)

Umm, hello?

Caddyshack ?????

Keeyth
07-14-2005, 11:27 AM
Uh, that's not cheese. That's a Baby Ruth bar! :D

Nickdfresh
07-14-2005, 11:41 AM

Never said all 80's stuff was cheese, and I like cheese sometimes. Except for the HAGAR Velveeta, that shit sucks to bad to be even a guilty pleasure.