PDA

View Full Version : London bomb suspects: key facts

Seshmeister
07-12-2005, 02:57 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41296000/gif/_41296795_blast_evidence2_map416.gif

The police have revealed important new developments in the hunt for those responsible for the London bomb attacks.

All four suspects are British nationals. Three of the four are from West Yorkshire

All four were captured on CCTV at King's Cross station, wearing rucksacks, shortly before 0830 BST on the morning of the attacks. The footage was found on Monday night

One suspect was reported missing by his family. Some of his belongings were found on the No 30 bus in Tavistock Square

Property linked to a second man was found at the scene of the Aldgate/Liverpool Street bomb

Items belonging to a third suspect were found at the site of the Aldgate/Liverpool Street and Edgware Road bombs

It is very likely the three men whose belongings were found at the bomb scenes are dead, police sources say

Questions remain over the identity of the fourth bomber. Police do not know if he was killed at King's Cross or has fled

One person has been arrested in West Yorkshire and is being questioned in London. He or she is related to one of the suspected bombers

Police have searched the homes of three of the four suspects in West Yorkshire

Six search warrants were executed in the Leeds area on Tuesday. A controlled explosion has been carried out in the Burley area

A significant amount of explosive material has been found at an address in Leeds

The men boarded a Thameslink train from Luton to King's Cross. A car in Luton, which has been the subject of three controlled explosions, is connected to the inquiry

It is not yet clear how the three suspects from West Yorkshire made their way to Luton

More than 1,000 calls have been made by the public to an anti-terrorist hotline. Police have studied 2,500 CCTV tapes

Seshmeister
07-12-2005, 02:58 PM
So basically a home grown cell of British Muslim suicide bombers.

Angel
07-12-2005, 03:02 PM
So for those who want to blow up the middle east - Are you going to blow up England too? ;)

Thanks Sesh!

Nickdfresh
07-12-2005, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister

And if three-of-four are dead, sounds like they were very incompetent ones. They "scored a goal in their own net" as they say.

Guitar Shark
07-12-2005, 03:07 PM
But I thought the BCE was behind this?

;)

BigBadBrian
07-12-2005, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
And if three-of-four are dead, sounds like they were very incompetent ones. They "scored a goal in their own net" as they say.

Actually, I would say they were very successful. Suicide bombers....three of four did the deed.

:eek:

BigBadBrian
07-12-2005, 04:03 PM

Good reporting Sesh. :)

BigBadBrian
07-12-2005, 04:05 PM
BOMBER DIED IN TUBE BLAST

It is "highly likely" one of the Tube attackers died in the strikes on the Underground network - but Sky News has been told all the men were probably suicide bombers.

Sky News correspondent Martin Brunt said senior anti-terror police were working on the assumption the men were suicide bombers and had died in the explosions - and were probably British nationals.

The suspected bombers travelled down from West Yorkshire and met at Kings Cross station shortly before the attacks were launched on Thursday morning, police said at a press conference.

Their images were captured by CCTV cameras.

In other another key development, explosives have been found in an abandoned car at Luton railway station which is thought to be linked to the terror attacks.

Personal documents have been found at all four bomb scenes and although the four attackers are thought to have died police were careful not to say whether Britain had suffered its first suicide bomb strike.

Police said there was forensic evidence that meant it was "very likely" the bomber responsible for the train explosion at Aldgate died there.

One of the four men had been reported missing by his family on the day of the attacks and his property was found at the bus blast scene.

The second man's property was found at the scene of the Aldgate blast and the third man's property at both the Aldgate and Edgware Road blasts.

One man has been arrested in west Yorkshire in connection with the attacks and will be questioned in London.

Deputy Assistant Commissioner Peter Clarke, head of Scotland's Yard anti-terrorist branch, said: "The investigation quite early led us to have concerns about the movement and activities of four men, three of whom came from the West Yorkshire area.

Forensic teams examine suspect's home

"We are trying to establish their movements in the run-up to last week's attack and specifically to establish whether they all died in the explosions. We executed six warrants under the Terrorism Act at premises in the West Yorkshire area.

"These included the home addresses of three of the four men. A detailed forensic examination will now follow and this is likely to take time to complete."

He continued: "We know that all four of these arrived in London by train on the morning. We have identified CCTV footage showing the four men at King's Cross Station shortly before 8.30am on that morning, July 7.

"One of them who had set out from West Yorkshire was reported missing by his family to the casualty bureau on July 7. We have been able to establish that he was joined on his journey to London by three other men. We have since found personal documents bearing the names of three of those four men close to the seats of three of the explosions.

"As regards to the man who is missing, some of his property was found on the route 30 bus in Tavistock Square. Property of a second man was found at the scene of the Aldgate bomb and in relation to a third man property with his name was found at the Aldgate and Edgware Road bombs.

"We have strong forensic evidence that it is very likely that one of the men from West Yorkshire died at the explosion at Aldgate."

Sky News terror expert Steve Park said the documents may have been deliberately planted to "send police the wrong way".

Meanwhile, police have raided the homes of three of the four men in West Yorkshire along with three other houses in Leeds.

Link (http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-13385127,00.html)

FORD
07-12-2005, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark

;)

Have you read the Top 10 Conservative Idiots this week?

Start with #5 ;)

Warham
07-12-2005, 04:07 PM

;)

I like your sense of humor, GS. ;)

Keeyth
07-12-2005, 04:13 PM

;)

Look deeper and you will probably find they are. Who benefited??

:matrix:

Guitar Shark
07-12-2005, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Keeyth

I asked that question yesterday and nobody responded. Where is the transcript of that statement?

thome
07-12-2005, 04:17 PM
Muslim ? how about F'in nut cases

BigBadBrian
07-12-2005, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Keeyth

Keeyth, it has already been determined you are a fucking moron.

Keep the fuck out of my thread in which I'm trying to have a civilized discourse with Sesh or I will come through this Internet connection and shit down your neck! :mad:

Guitar Shark
07-12-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Keep the fuck out of my thread in which I'm trying to have a civilized discourse with Sesh or I will come through this Internet connection and shit down your neck! :mad:

Gives new meaning to the word "broadband"...

BigBadBrian
07-12-2005, 04:20 PM
Gives new meaning to the word "broadband"...

:D

Yeah, I was a little harsh, huh?

OK, Keeyth, you're off the hook...for now.

You're on "dumbass liberal" probabation. :D

Welcome back...hope you had a good trip.

Warham
07-12-2005, 04:22 PM
There's a conspiracy nut born every minute.

Guitar Shark
07-12-2005, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Warham
There's a conspiracy nut born every minute.

Who was behind the death of Vince Foster, again? ;)

BigBadBrian
07-12-2005, 04:26 PM

Oh boy don't get me started! :D

Warham
07-12-2005, 04:27 PM

I'm not sure, but it wasn't the BCE as far as I know.

Angel
07-12-2005, 06:44 PM

;)

Of course they were! Live 8 put the emphasis on Africa, so George got his buddy Osama to have London bombed so that the emphasis could be on the war of terra at the G8 conference. ;)

FORD
07-12-2005, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Angel
Of course they were! Live 8 put the emphasis on Africa, so George got his buddy Osama to have London bombed so that the emphasis could be on the war of terra at the G8 conference. ;)

That's pretty much what Mossad agent Brian Kilmeade of FAUX News said.

Warham
07-12-2005, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by FORD

LMAO! Is there no end to this madness?

You've gotta get help, FORD! ;) I hear there's a 12 step program for liberals.

academic punk
07-12-2005, 06:47 PM

The latest rumor is that Katydid sat on his face.

(sorry vince)

Nickdfresh
07-12-2005, 06:58 PM

Oh boy don't get me started! :D

And there is a hypowit born everyminute too.

Warham
07-12-2005, 07:00 PM
Vince Foster...the name rings a small bell.

Did Clinton have him killed off? I can't remember, since there's so many people the former Commander-in-Heat had terminated before, during, and after his two terms in the Oral Office.

Keeyth
07-12-2005, 08:10 PM
Keeyth, it has already been determined you are a fucking moron.

Whoa BOY! It's a good thing I read your second post down first before I read this one or we'd be off to the races!:D

Keeyth
07-12-2005, 08:12 PM

Yeah, I was a little harsh, huh?

OK, Keeyth, you're off the hook...for now.

You're on "dumbass liberal" probabation. :D

Welcome back...hope you had a good trip.

Oh and thanks, I did have a good trip...

...you big fuzzy neo-con shitbag you! ;)

Angel
07-13-2005, 02:53 PM

That's it! I want royalties! ;)

ODShowtime
07-13-2005, 09:56 PM
http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/afp/20050713/capt.sge.ltv94.130705233840.photo00.photo.default-280x363.jpg?x=180&y=233&sig=vP5IjtLSxkgSYzKmnq.f5w--

LONDON (AFP) - British police have identified the man thought to be the mastermind behind last week's bombings in London in which at least 52 people died, a report said.

The British-born man in his 30s, of Pakistani origin, arrived at a British port last month and left the country again the day before Thursday's attacks, The Times newspaper reported.

The four suspected suicide bombers, three of whom have been identified by newspapers, were also Britons of Pakistani origin.

According to The Times, security sources believe the mastermind was involved in previous terror operations and has links with followers of
Osama bin Laden's Al-Qaeda extremist group in the United States.

He is thought to have visited the bombers in their home city of Leeds, northern England, and identified targets on the London Underground rail subway system where three of the four bombs exploded, the paper said.

Security sources also said he was likely to have trained the recruits in how to trigger their rucksack-carried bombs, three of which went off almost simultaneously at around 8:50 am (0750 GMT), at the peak of last Thursday's morning rush hour.

Police have reportedly switched their investigation towards seeking the mastermind of the bombings since learning that the four bombers killed themselves in the attacks.

Home Secretary Charles Clarke said earlier Wednesday that the aim was now "to attack the people who are driving, organizing and manipulating" bombers.

According to The Times newspaper on Thursday, police are also seeking a possible fifth member of the bombers' terror cell, who was also seen at Luton station, north of London, from where the attackers travelled into the capital.

The man, also believed to be of Pakistani origin, could still be at large in London, the paper said.

Police additionally want to interview an Egyptian-born university lecturer who was teaching in Leeds until a few weeks ago.

According to The Sun newspaper, the man, who it named as 33-year-old Magdi El-Nashar, was studying for a biochemistry doctorate at Leeds University and disappeared just before the attacks, it is thought to Egypt.

At least two of the bombers had links to his rented flat, which is one of six addresses in and around Leeds raided by police on Tuesday morning, the report added.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20050713/wl_uk_afp/britainattacks_050713233940;_ylt=Ai_kYNtRje0h50cQi jxHx4m9Q5gv;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

ODShowtime
07-13-2005, 09:59 PM
I think it was foolish of Al-Qeada or whoever to fuck with England. This can only bring them more in line with gw&friends. I don't think this attack was sanctioned by OBL. That is if you buy in to the whole dog and pony show to begin with.

BigBadBrian
07-13-2005, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
I think it was foolish of Al-Qeada or whoever to fuck with England. This can only bring them more in line with gw&friends. I don't think this attack was sanctioned by OBL. That is if you buy in to the whole dog and pony show to begin with.

I know! I'll bet it was the BCE in an attempt to throw media attention off of the Karl Rove controversy! :rolleyes:

ODShowtime
07-13-2005, 10:10 PM
I know! I'll bet it was the BCE in an attempt to throw media attention off of the Karl Rove controversy! :rolleyes:

I really haven't decided yet. I've made some allusions to that, but my mind isn't made up. Either way, gw&friends is to blame, the question is whether they provoked it or perpetrated it.

9-11 is so much more than just 3000+ dead people. It's a rallying cry to the poverty-stricken muslims. It has surely achieved it's goal, no matter who's responsible.

The reality is that these days anyone can perform attacks like this, if you're careful and smart.

I said a long time ago in this forum that it was in Al-Qeada's strategic interest to not attack Great Britian. To quote Brian Kilmeade, this does work to our advantage.

BigBadBrian
07-13-2005, 10:14 PM
I really haven't decided yet. I've made some allusions to that, but my mind isn't made up. Either way, gw&friends is to blame, the question is whether they provoked it or perpetrated it.

So Bush & Company bombed London huh? Brilliant!

Tin Foil Beanie Time. :rolleyes:

ODShowtime
07-13-2005, 10:17 PM
So Bush & Company bombed London huh? Brilliant!

Tin Foil Beanie Time. :rolleyes:

I try so hard with you. :(

Seshmeister
07-14-2005, 01:09 AM
Al-Qaeda don't even exist to any important extent any more.

People like to believe the politician spin like Bin Laden is some Bond villain living in a hollowed out volcano in Bora Bora because it's easy and it gives hope that one day all the baddies in the jumpsuits will be killed by special forces.

They even dress them in the Bond film orange boiler suit costumes at Guantanamo to reinforce the bullshit.

We're fighting an idea not an organisation...

BigBadBrian
07-14-2005, 10:40 AM
I try so hard with you. :(

I can tell. :)

BigBadBrian
07-14-2005, 10:42 AM
Al-Qaeda don't even exist to any important extent any more.

People like to believe the politician spin like Bin Laden is some Bond villain living in a hollowed out volcano in Bora Bora because it's easy and it gives hope that one day all the baddies in the jumpsuits will be killed by special forces.

They even dress them in the Bond film orange boiler suit costumes at Guantanamo to reinforce the bullshit.

We're fighting an idea not an organisation...

We're fighting both...

To say "Al-Qaeda don't even exist to any important extent any more" is simply ludicrous.

:gulp:

ODShowtime
07-14-2005, 10:48 AM
I can tell. :)

Don't feel priviledged. It's only because you're pretty much the only conservative left who isn't embarrased to support gw&friends.

BigBadBrian
07-14-2005, 10:49 AM
Don't feel priviledged. It's only because you're pretty much the only conservative left who isn't embarrased to support gw&friends.

Get your head out of the sand.

FORD
07-14-2005, 10:53 AM

To say "Al-Qaeda don't even exist to any important extent any more" is simply ludicrous.

To say it ever DID exist to the extent that the BCE & their compliant whore media claim it did is simply ludicrous.

There is no such thing as a "world wide terrorist organization". Except for the CIA and Mossad, of course.

Keeyth
07-14-2005, 11:15 AM
To say it ever DID exist to the extent that the BCE & their compliant whore media claim it did is simply ludicrous.

There is no such thing as a "world wide terrorist organization". Except for the CIA and Mossad, of course.

Finally, someone said it. The BCE is making fools out of all of us, and ruling by fear tactics.

Seshmeister
07-14-2005, 11:34 AM
We're fighting both...

PLEASE PLEASE download and watch the Power of Nightmares documentary!

I've found it online it's a must see for everyone on this board!

http://marc.perkel.com/archives/000753.html

Three 70MB downloads.

If you only watch one watch episode 3 and it will completely explain why I keep saying Al Qaeda don't really exist any more.

[CUT TO DIAGRAM OF HIDDEN CAVE HEADQUARTERS MARKED ''SOURCE: THE TIMES OF LONDON'', DEPICTING A MULTI-STORY UNDERGROUND COMMAND POST]

RUSSERT:
This is it. This is a fortress.

RUMSFELD:
Yes.

RUSSERT:
A complex. Multi-tiered. [READING, AS LABELS ARE DISPLAYED ON DIAGRAM] ''Bedrooms and Offices'' on the top, as you can see. ''Secret Exits'' on the side, and on the bottom. ''Cut Deep to Avoid Thermal Detection.'' A ventilation system, to allow people to breathe and to carry on. The entrances, large enough to drive trucks and even tanks. Even computer systems and telephone systems. It's a very sophisticated operation.

[CUT TO STUDIO]

RUMSFELD:
Oh, you bet. This -- this is serious business. And -- and there's not one of those; there are many of those.

[CUT TO TORA BORA, AFGHANISTAN: B-52S BOMBING MOUNTAINS]

VOICE OVER:
For days, the Americans bombed the mountains of Tora Bora with the most powerful weapons they had. The Northern Alliance had been paid more than a million dollars for their help and information, and now their fighters set off up the mountains to storm bin Laden's fortress and bring back the Al Qaeda terrorists and their leader.

[NORTHERN ALLIANCE SOLDIERS SEARCHING CAVE OPENINGS]

VOICE OVER:
But all they found were a few small caves, which were either empty or had been used to store ammunition. There was no underground bunker system, no secret tunnels: the fortress didn't exist. The Northern Alliance did produce some prisoners they claimed were Al Qaeda fighters, but there was no proof of this, and one rumor was that the Northern Alliance was simply kidnapping anyone who looked remotely like an Arab and selling them to the Americans for yet more money.

[FADE TO AMERICAN FORCES IN TORA BORA]

VOICE OVER:
The Americans now began to search all the caves in all the mountains in eastern Afghanistan for the hidden Al Qaeda network.

AMERICAN SOLDIER, SPEAKING INTO RADIO:

We found a cave. The rest of it is open. Break.

[CUT TO INTERIOR, COMMAND POST]

AMERICAN ARMY SERGEANT:
If nobody went up to look into that cave, people could've been hiding up there for days and watching everything that we did.

[CUT TO VIEW OF MISSILE STRIKING CAVE OPENING, SOLDIERS INSPECT DAMAGE]

VOICE OVER:

But wherever they looked, there was nothing there. Al Qaeda seemed to have completely disappeared.

[FADE TO VIEW OF HELICOPTERS FLYING OVER AFGHANISTAN MOUNTAIN RANGE]

VOICE OVER:
But then, the British arrived to help. They were convinced they could hunt down Al Qaeda because of what they said was their unique experience in fighting terrorism in Northern Ireland. They could succeed where others had failed.

[CLOSE UP ON BRIGADIER ROGER LANE, COMMANDER, BRITISH FORCES, ADDRESSING AN OFF-CAMERA AUDIENCE]

BRIGADIER LANE:

The hunt for Al Qaeda Taliban goes on, and we stand shoulder to shoulder with the United States and our other coalition allies in the global war on terrorism.

[TITLE: FIVE WEEKS LATER]

INTERVIEWER:
But how many Al Qaeda have you captured?

LANE:
We haven't, uh, captured any Al Qaeda, but…

INTERVIEWER:
And how many have you actually managed to kill here in south-east Afghanistan?

LANE:
We haven't killed any.

Cheers!

Nickdfresh
07-16-2005, 06:00 AM
Sources: Explosive found in biochemist's flat
Leeds shop owner: Three suspected bombers met often

Friday, July 15, 2005; Posted: 11:45 p.m. EDT (03:45 GMT)

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/WORLD/europe/07/15/london.attacks/vert.leeds.ap.jpg
A forensic officer hauls away bags of computer equipment from a property in Leeds, England Friday.

(CNN (http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/07/15/london.attacks/index.html)) -- The explosive TATP was found in connection with the investigation of the London bombings, three knowledgeable sources have told CNN.

One of the sources said that investigators found the TATP in the Leeds apartment rented by Magdy el-Nashar, an Egyptian biochemist detained for questioning Thursday in connection with the London attacks.

At least 54 people died in the bombings of three subways and a double-decker bus last week. Seven-hundred people were wounded.

Of the dead, 41 have been identified, said the Identity Commission Friday. It released the names of 31 victims and some of their ages. (Victims identified)

TATP, which stands for triacetone triperoxide, has been used in the past by terrorists, including Richard Reid, who packed his shoes with it in an unsuccessful attempt to blow up a U.S.-bound American Airlines flight in December 2001.

It was not immediately clear whether the same explosive found in el-Nashar's apartment was used in the London terrorist attacks.

Experts have said TATP requires someone knowledgeable about the chemical to make an explosive device.

El-Nashar earned a doctorate in biochemistry from Leeds University this year; the school says he has not been seen on campus since the beginning of July.

Two of the four suspected bombers in the London attacks -- Hasib Hussain and Shahzad Tanweer -- were also from Leeds, 200 miles (320 km) north of London.

The Guardian newspaper reported Friday that several kilos of "potentially dangerous" chemicals were found at el-Nashar's apartment Wednesday night after army explosives experts blew open the front door.

The report also said the apartment was located near a suspected bomb factory in Leeds, where authorities have been focusing much of their efforts.
Trio of suspects spotted together

In recent months 18-year-old Hussain and 22-year-old Tanweer often met 30-year-old Mohammad Sadique Khan, of Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, at the Hamara Islamic community center in Leeds, said a nearby shop owner.

The merchant, who did not want to be identified, said the three bombing suspects used to wait for each other before going into the center, which has a gym. Once inside, he said, they would post a sign on the door that read, "Gone for lunch."

Khan also used to go to a gym just a few blocks away, where he served as a youth worker, said Leeds City Councilman Mohammad Iqbal.

Police are trying to determine what brought together the three men -- along with a fourth suspect, Germain Morris Lindsay. Investigators are looking into who, if anybody, may have financed the operation.

Police have seized computers from the center.

FBI agents are following leads and possible links in the United States to last week's attacks.

Khan telephoned New York City not long before the explosions, knowledgeable sources told CNN. Police are investigating the significance of that communication.

Also, Lindsay's mother once lived in Cleveland, Ohio, and he visited her in 1994 and 2000 or 2001, said sources familiar with the investigation. The sources said his last visit was for only three or four days. Sources said Lindsay's mother hasn't lived in the Midwestern city for at least a year, and officials are trying to locate her.
Officials: El-Nashar's name surfaces

El-Nashar was arrested at Cairo International Airport at the request of London authorities, said Egyptian security sources, who spoke only on condition of anonymity.

Scotland Yard issued a statement acknowledging his arrest but saying it was "not prepared to discuss who we may or may not wish to interview in connection with this investigation."

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Ian Blair told reporters: "We will be monitoring the development in Egypt very carefully, and if it's necessary we will send officers there, or we will seek extradition or whatever other processes are necessary."

El-Nashar's name surfaced during a search of a property near London, one official said. Another official said a number found in a cell phone recovered in a search led investigators to pursue el-Nashar.

It was not clear whose number was found in the phone.

El-Nashar's home is one of several searched in Leeds. At one point investigators sent in a bomb squad.

The 33-year-old has "denied any relationship to what happened recently in London," the Egyptian Interior Ministry said in a written statement.

The ministry's statement said he has lived in Britain since 2000 and that his family lives in the Cairo neighborhood of Basatin.

The statement identified him as Magdy Mahmoud Mustapha el-Nashar, born on May 27, 1972.

The statement went on to say he left Britain on a study break, planned to return to continue his studies, and quoted el-Nashar as saying all his possessions were still in his apartment in Britain.

Meanwhile, the FBI has begun looking investigation his background while studying chemical engineering at North Carolina State University in Raleigh, U.S. law enforcement officials told CNN.

School records indicate he enrolled there during the spring semester of 2000.(Full story)
'Clear al Qaeda link'

Earlier Friday, Ian Blair said he expected the investigation to uncover a "clear al Qaeda link" and warned again of the "very strong possibility" of further terrorist attacks.

He acknowledged that a man on a watch list had entered the country shortly before the attacks but was not put under surveillance because he was not considered a high enough priority.

The man reportedly flew out of the country just before the bombers struck, the UK's Press Association said.

"With this particular man there is nothing at the moment that links him directly, but what we expect to find at some stage is that there is a clear al Qaeda link," Blair told the BBC.

He said police were concentrating on finding the handlers and bomb makers who organized the attacks.

"We have got to find ... who encouraged them, who trained them, who is the chemist. Those are the things in which we are now so interested."
Suspect's family issues statement

Hussain's family said Friday they had "no knowledge of his activities," and that if they had, "we would have done everything in our power to stop him."

"We, the family of Hasib Mir Hussain, are devastated over the events of the past few days," read their statement, which was issued by the West Yorkshire police.

"Our thoughts are with all the bereaved families, and we have to live ourselves with the loss of our son in these difficult circumstances."

The family urged people with knowledge about the attacks to fully cooperate with authorities.

On Thursday, police released a closed-circuit TV image of the teenager with a rucksack on his back, as he made his way through Luton railway station at 7:20 a.m. en route to London, more than two hours before the attacks there. (Full story)

Deputy Assistant Commissioner Peter Clarke, head of Scotland Yard's antiterror branch, has confirmed that Hussain has been identified as the person responsible for the bus attack. Clarke has also confirmed that Tanweer was believed to be behind the attack on the subway train between the Liverpool Street and Aldgate stations.

Police sources said documents belonging to the men were found at the respective sites.

Officials familiar with the investigation have identified Khan and Lindsay as the third and fourth man suspected in the bombings.

Khan visited Britain's Houses of Parliament in July of last year as a guest of a minister of parliament, the Labor Party told the British Press Association Friday.

The report said he was serving at the time as a mentor at the Hillside Primary School in Leeds.

Parliament member Jon Trickett's wife Sarah also teaches there, and the two men met during the visit.

CNN's Nic Robertson, Kelli Arena, Marylynn Ryan, Kevin Bohn, Pam Benson and Henry Schuster contributed to this report