PDA

View Full Version : Santorum blames Church Pedophilia on Liberalism

LoungeMachine
07-13-2005, 02:21 AM
BRIAN MCGRORY
In sanctum Santorum
By Brian McGrory, Globe Columnist | July 12, 2005

Today, I'd like to take a few moments to express profound thanks to Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania, the third-ranking Republican in the US Senate. In fact, all Bostonians should thank him for sharing his incredible wisdom and insight about this city and its depraved ways.

Specifically, here's what Santorum wrote about the church pedophile scandal on a religious website called Catholic Online. ''When the culture is sick, every element in it becomes infected. While it is no excuse for this scandal, it is no surprise that Boston, a seat of academic, political, and cultural liberalism in America, lies at the center of the storm."

So thank you, senator, for setting us straight about the problems with the clergy. Thank you for letting us know that all those pedophilic priests and the church leaders who covered up their crimes are the fault of every Bostonian.

Who knew that the president of Harvard, the people at the Museum of Science, and Mayor Thomas M. Menino were to blame for Cardinal Bernard F. Law's decision to move predatory priests from one parish to another? Here's who knew: Senator Rick Santorum.

Santorum's words about Boston, though written in 2002, weren't highlighted until the last couple of weeks, when a Philadelphia Daily News columnist, John Baer, raised them in print and prompted a running political discourse in the blogosphere. Perhaps so many imbecilic statements flow from Santorum's mouth and pen that this one was initially overlooked.

So I asked a Santorum spokesman whether the senator still believed what he said about Boston. I mean, guilt might be our greatest natural resource, but do we really have to fall on our collective sword over wayward priests?

''It's an open secret that you have Harvard University and MIT that tend to tilt to the left in terms of academic biases," said Robert Traynham, the Santorum aide. ''I think that's what the senator was speaking to."

Of course. The whole thing is MIT's fault. Why didn't we realize this sooner? Maybe the Globe should give its Pulitzer Prize back because it failed to get to the root cause of the scandal: Cambridge-based rocket science professors.

I asked Mitt Romney about this. He's starting to hang out in this crowd, raising money for a conservative political action committee in Washington just last night.

His spokeswoman, Julie Teer, called back and said: ''What happened with the church sex abuse scandal was a tragedy, but it had nothing to do with geography or the culture of Boston. What we know now is that the sex abuse was occurring around the country and around the world. Boston was just the first to find out about it."

Good answer. Then I called Menino, who groaned. ''Typical of the guy who doesn't understand the issue, doesn't understand the Catholicism. He should come up to Boston and see what it's all about. Maybe we'll send a welcome wagon to get him."

Please don't, mayor. Please don't. You're talking about a senator who intruded on Terri Schiavo's deathbed, and, after she died of what an autopsy determined was an atrophied brain that sent her into a permanent vegetative state, said she had been ''executed."

He talked about ''man on dog" sex in once explaining to a reporter his opposition to homosexuality. He told The New York Times that gay marriage ''absolutely" threatens his own marriage.

Poor Orrin Hatch, John McCain, and Chuck Hagel, all thoughtful Republican senators who are tainted by Santorum's mere presence.

What would he find up here, anyway? He'd find one of the most Catholic cities in the country.

He'd find academic institutions that are the intellectual engine of the nation, schools, by the way, that have churned out plenty of Republican leaders, George W. Bush among them.

And he'd find a city that is pretty much the birthplace of civil political discourse, a concept that Santorum essentially violates every time he opens his mouth.

LoungeMachine
07-13-2005, 02:22 AM
I wonder if the fine Senator has been made aware of what his name means in American Slang these days....

FORD
07-13-2005, 11:36 AM
http://www.radiopower.org/rick_santorum_leather.jpg
Good ol' Ricky "Man On Dog" Sanctorum, always good for a laugh.

ODShowtime
07-13-2005, 02:22 PM
Yeah Santorum is an expert on all kinds of perversion.

Seshmeister
07-13-2005, 02:24 PM
What a load of shit. The pedo thing has been institutionalised in the Catholic church for decades.

Nickdfresh
07-13-2005, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
What a load of shit. The pedo thing has been institutionalised in the Catholic church for decades.

That's true, and many of the queerist priests are most pro-life.

Big Train
07-15-2005, 01:06 AM
That's some serious bullshit. I grew up in Boston and have had some people very close to me go through this hell. When he says in his statement, there is no excuse...he should have put a period right there and walked away.

These are sick fucks who really have nothing to do with religion or politics. Neither of them should get involved. It is purely a case of sick fucks using both to cover and promote their sick ways.

Here's a followup I've been thinking about since we got this high-tech "locate-a-perv" system for LA. It tells you where registered sex offenders live.

Do you believe sex offenders can be rehabbed and/or cured? If not, what do you think we should do with them?

My feeling is that if your constantly identifying them and making them tell you they are sex offenders at every turn, are we really incorporating them back into society? I don't want to live next to one and neither do you.

So do we round them up and kill them, put them somewhere together in a colony or just let them be and have their constitutional rights? I don't really have an opinion at this point, curious to hear yours.

flappo
07-15-2005, 01:20 AM
if they let priests fuck women , none of this shit would happen

Cathedral
07-15-2005, 01:48 AM
I blame pedophilia on the person who sticks his wong in a childs face, or sticks his face near a childs wong.

But where are the parents of these kids being abused?

Personally, I'd kill the bastards for even thinking of getting nasty with my child like that.
I'm shocked that the known offenders haven't been hunted down yet.

scorpioboy33
07-15-2005, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by flappo
if they let priests fuck women , none of this shit would happen

I doubt it BIG TIME.

Seshmeister
07-15-2005, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Big Train
That's some serious bullshit. I grew up in Boston and have had some people very close to me go through this hell. When he says in his statement, there is no excuse...he should have put a period right there and walked away.

These are sick fucks who really have nothing to do with religion or politics. Neither of them should get involved. It is purely a case of sick fucks using both to cover and promote their sick ways.

Here's a followup I've been thinking about since we got this high-tech "locate-a-perv" system for LA. It tells you where registered sex offenders live.

Do you believe sex offenders can be rehabbed and/or cured? If not, what do you think we should do with them?

My feeling is that if your constantly identifying them and making them tell you they are sex offenders at every turn, are we really incorporating them back into society? I don't want to live next to one and neither do you.

So do we round them up and kill them, put them somewhere together in a colony or just let them be and have their constitutional rights? I don't really have an opinion at this point, curious to hear yours.

I would enforce chemical castration on them whereby they have to turn up and get a drug that takes away all their sexual drive or else they get locked up again.

Big Train
07-15-2005, 10:50 AM
Id agree...but your gonna get "What about their HUMAN RIGHTS?"

LoungeMachine
07-15-2005, 11:32 AM
Id agree...but your gonna get "What about their HUMAN RIGHTS?"

They're not human

:cool:

FORD
07-15-2005, 11:36 AM

In Washington state we can actually keep them locked up (http://www1.dshs.wa.gov/hrsa/SCC/confinement.htm) after they have served their prison sentence, if they appear to be a serious risk for re-offending. The only flaw in that system is that they have to have a proven mental abnormality, and apparently, fucking children isn't abnormal enough. So at present, this system only keeps the absolute worst of the worst off the streets.

First thing I think you need to do is to legally seperate the hardcore baby raping bastards from lesser offenders who probably would not commit the crime again.

For instance, I know one guy who served time in prison for having sex with a 14 year old, he was in his early 20's at the time. But he met the chick at a bar so it wasn't intentional sex with a minor. There were other factors involved, racism and "small town justice" being two of them, but in the end the guy did prison time for his dumbass mistake and he's now sober. Still not the brightest bulb on the shelf, but the odds of him ever repeating the circumstances again are less than zero.

In no way should this guy have the same legal qualification as a serial baby raper. And wasting resources keeping tabs on those who are not serious risks takes away from the ability to track those who are.

Actually, I'd like to start with asking shrinks how they can consider someone who likes to fuck children as not "abnormal"?? :confused:

Cathedral
07-15-2005, 01:24 PM
I 100% agree with you on that, Ford.

I know of two people who were sent up the river for the very same thing. Neither of which has ever looked at a "known" minor and said, "I'd like to tap that".

These chicks looked like they were of age, they dressed like it, they acted like, and neither of them were virgins to begin with.

But that didn't stop the parents from hanging them out to dry because they had this innaccurate idea of what kind of kids their daughters were.

When i was in highschool it was a big thing for teens to brag about their 30 year old boyfriends.

Seems more like entrapment than anything else.

BigBadBrian
07-15-2005, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
That's true, and many of the queerist priests are most pro-life.

That's just plain silly to relate the two issues.

:gulp: