PDA

View Full Version : Tightest songs ever

Golden AWe
03-11-2004, 12:04 PM
I got drunk before our gig and decided to list some of the "tighest" songs ever...it's not all about the speed...anyway, feel free to write down your TIGHTEST favorites

- VH: Romeo Delight, Drop dead legs, ATBL, HFT
- Soundgarden: Superunknown, Jesus christ pose
- Megadeth: Holy Wars
- AIC: Would?
- Black Sabbath: Symptom of the universe, Sabbra cadabra, Supernaut
- Rainbow: Since you've been gone
- Deep Purple: Speed king, Black Night (Live)
- The Queen: We will rock you (the fast live version on "Live Killers"), Now I'm here
- RATM: Sleep now in the fire
- The Doors: Roadhouse blues
- The Beatles: Revolution, Helter Skelter
- Clapton (derekandthedominos): Layla
- Hendrix: Foxy lady
- Kingston Wall: Fire
- LZ: Rock n' roll
- Lenny Kravitz: Always on the run
- Ozzy: I don't know
- DLR: Baby's on fire
- Stone temple pilots: Coma
- The Black Crowes: Twice as hard
- The Who: Won't get fooled again

LooseMenace
03-11-2004, 12:17 PM
"We Were Born To Be Loved" - King's X
"Shakin' The Blues" - Screamin' Cheetah Wheelies
"Parasite" - KISS
"Shyboy" - DLR

Not sure if these qualify by your definition, but they seem awfully tight to me...

Golden AWe
03-11-2004, 12:22 PM
Oh they sure do! I love Shyboy and Parasite...I'm not familiar with these first two you mentioned...I only know SOME King's X...

Mr Badguy
03-11-2004, 12:25 PM
The slide break in "In my time of dying" by Led Zeppelin.

I`m sure I`ll think of more.

What a good idea!

Mr Badguy
03-11-2004, 12:27 PM
"Highway star" by Deep Purple from "Made in Japan"!

Golden AWe
03-11-2004, 12:30 PM
Just the appearance of Mr Badguy reminded me of Iron Maiden...first great song in my mid would be The trooper!!!

"In my time of dying" is my fav LZ-song...yesss it is tight

Metallica has some good "oldies" like "One"...

Mr Badguy
03-11-2004, 12:37 PM
"The number of the Beast"!

Especially the instrumental break.

LooseMenace
03-11-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
Oh they sure do! I love Shyboy and Parasite...I'm not familiar with these first two you mentioned...I only know SOME King's X...

Dude. In the name of all Tightness, find a copy of King's X' "Faith Hope Love," and dig WWBTBL. It may be the tightest of the tight! No kidding, man, it is a tour de force.
As for the Screamin' Cheetah Wheelies...well, suffice to say they are one of those underappreciated rock bands in the vein of the Black Crowes, but SCW rock a little harder. They're from Tennessee or Kentucky, mountain-bred; 'shroomy and wise, ass-stompin' rock. Their live shows are almost legendary. And you may have actually heard them. They had a semi-hit with the song I mentioned, and another with "Boogie King."

"Boogie woogie king from the mountain-top, is what I am."

Ring any bells?

BITEYOASS
03-12-2004, 09:36 AM
"She's White" & "Electric Demons in Love"-Electric Six

Yeah they only had one album out, but they fuckin rock!

Golden AWe
03-12-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by LooseMenace

"Boogie woogie king from the mountain-top, is what I am."

Ring any bells?

Thanks...Nope, I don't think I have heard of this band...gotta check out if my schoolmate, who's from Chicago has any of their cd's...might be that the danish music shops don't have it...

BITEYOASS, we have "Gay bar" in our setlist and it tears down the roof every time...

Mr Grimsdale
03-12-2004, 12:44 PM
i'm gonna take you to a gay bay gay bar gay BAR!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Golden AWe
03-12-2004, 02:01 PM
Thursday evening

Mr Badguy
03-12-2004, 02:18 PM
Jeez, them boilers at the front would turn any bar gay.

Golden AWe
03-12-2004, 02:48 PM
luckily there were a couple of good-looking chicks too...
:p I just don't know how this icelandic guy manage to avoid them with his camera...:D

LooseMenace
03-12-2004, 04:38 PM
Golden AWe, whatever you do, find a Screamin' Cheetah Wheelies CD at your earliest convenience. They have 3: eponymous debut, Big Wheel, and Magnolia.
Guaranteed to smoke you like a cheap joint. If you buy any of them, and don't like them, let me know. I will buy them back from you. The LooseMenace personal money-back-guarantee.
I don't make these kinds of offers lightly. I turned someone here onto Queens of the Stone Age a while back with the same assertion.
Do it! I'll even help you:

http://www.wheelies.com

LooseMenace
03-12-2004, 04:41 PM
Oops. It appears they have a live album out now...and some other thing. So, make that 5 total. But I only know the first three for sure. Yer on yer own for the others. :D

High Life Man
03-12-2004, 05:15 PM
Back on the IM kick: "Aces High."

Golden AWe
03-13-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by LooseMenace
Golden AWe, whatever you do, find a Screamin' Cheetah Wheelies CD at your earliest convenience. They have 3: eponymous debut, Big Wheel, and Magnolia.
Guaranteed to smoke you like a cheap joint. If you buy any of them, and don't like them, let me know. I will buy them back from you. The LooseMenace personal money-back-guarantee.
I don't make these kinds of offers lightly. I turned someone here onto Queens of the Stone Age a while back with the same assertion.
Do it! I'll even help you:

http://www.wheelies.com

Thanks...I visited their site...there was one song, "25 miles" that I could listen to and I dig it!!! Sounded really tight, honest, down-to-earth southern rock with good guitars and a good singer...he sounded like a mix between Chris Robinson and Mark Lanegan...

I have to find one of the cd's soon...btw, have you guys ever heard of Supersuckers?