PDA

View Full Version : Did Kid Rock steal from Metallica?

Dave's Bitch
07-16-2005, 09:26 AM
i was listening to my Kid Rock CD the other day and American Badass came on.the riff throughout is basically the riff from Sad But True by Metallica.So i was wondering,did Metallica give him permission to use it,or did Kid Rock just steal it from them.or are they two completely different riff's and its just me?.

Shaun Ponsonby
07-16-2005, 09:35 AM
He would have got permission from whoever owns the publishing rights. Its probably not Metallica, more likely to be the record company.

Dave's Bitch
07-16-2005, 09:37 AM
i would have thought Metallica do own the rights to it lime with enter sandman and some of the others

Shaun Ponsonby
07-16-2005, 09:52 AM
Its usaully the record company who own publishing rights, depends what they signed in their contract.

FORD
07-16-2005, 10:42 AM
Who didn't Kid Rock steal from?

Shaun Ponsonby
07-16-2005, 11:12 AM
Kid Rock

bueno bob
07-16-2005, 11:20 AM
Metallica shouldn't be worried about anybody stealing from them, considering they ripped 90% of their riffs off from somebody else, anyway :)

canadiandlrgirl
07-16-2005, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Metallica shouldn't be worried about anybody stealing from them, considering they ripped 90% of their riffs off from somebody else, anyway :)

I'm glad i'm not the only one who feels that way....:)

Panamark
07-17-2005, 03:16 AM
Dave Mustaine + Budgie + Diamondhead = Metallica

Soul Reaper
07-17-2005, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by Sammy's Bitch
i was listening to my Kid Rock CD the other day and American Badass came on.the riff throughout is basically the riff from Sad But True by Metallica.So i was wondering,did Metallica give him permission to use it,or did Kid Rock just steal it from them.or are they two completely different riff's and its just me?.

simple answer...yes

Soul Reaper
07-17-2005, 05:39 AM
what were you doing with a Kid Rock CD anyway...you heathen??!!

TRAITOR

( :D )

canadiandlrgirl
07-17-2005, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Soul Reaper

TRAITOR

LOL....

NightProwler
07-17-2005, 09:23 AM
It's called "sampling".

you should get out more often.

Golden AWe
07-17-2005, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by NightProwler
It's called "sampling".

you should get out more often.

Well, well, well, what do we have here?

The boring cunt, a pig, attacking a young girl after being owned and getting his ass kicked so many times with the adults of this site.

Leave her alone, Nightfaggot.

Dave's Bitch
07-17-2005, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Soul Reaper

TRAITOR

basically i really like american badass

Dave's Bitch
07-17-2005, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Panamark

LOL

its so true aswell :)

bueno bob
07-17-2005, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Panamark

Yup...

zeronumber
07-18-2005, 12:39 AM
That's how Rap got started anyway, when others would rap over the samples of older songs, and call it their own. Case and point, one of the earliest rap songs "Rappers Delight" by the sugar hill gang, which basically rapped over the break in "Good Times" by Chic. You got to understand, to be a rap star, you most likely have zero talent, and know nothing about music or theory, thus feel the need to rip off somebody else, or have somebody else to create your music for you.

Hence one of the reasons why I personally just don't like rap music.

Shaun Ponsonby
07-18-2005, 10:12 AM
That's true, rappers have no talent.

Lets put it this way, I could listen to a song and talk over the main riff.

The one that really pisses me off is the Puff Daddy one, the one where he rips off 'Every Breath You Take'. He wrote a song in tribute to his friend who died, and he couldn't even write the song himself.

VonHalen
07-20-2005, 05:49 PM
i think lars played drums on the track

Unchainme
07-21-2005, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
That's true, rappers have no talent.

Lets put it this way, I could listen to a song and talk over the main riff.

The one that really pisses me off is the Puff Daddy one, the one where he rips off 'Every Breath You Take'. He wrote a song in tribute to his friend who died, and he couldn't even write the song himself.

How about the time he and Jimmy Page did the rap version of kasmir, I thought I was going to puke.

zeronumber
07-22-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Unchainme
How about the time he and Jimmy Page did the rap version of kasmir, I thought I was going to puke.

I wonder how stoned Jimmy was when he agreed to do that pile of shit.
He probably got a phone call from a guy named "Puff daddy", and thought it was a drug dealer offering him myth if he sampled a song for him. Which, naturally, jimmy agreed to.

Unchainme
07-22-2005, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by zeronumber
I wonder how stoned Jimmy was when he agreed to do that pile of shit.
He probably got a phone call from a guy named "Puff daddy", and thought it was a drug dealer offering him myth if he sampled a song for him. Which, naturally, jimmy agreed to.

LOL, The hillirious part is the only reason Puff diddy daddy had any clue about the song was he was watching TV, and they were running an ad for Led Zep's Greatest Hits and they started playing Kashmir.

Shaun Ponsonby
07-22-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme

Yea, that was fucking AWFUL, but the reason I hate the other one more is that he couldn't even write a tribute himself, he has to use someone elses song. Queen wrote a tribute to Freddie Mercury in 1997 on a song called "No-One But You", is that sampled? NO.

Why can't that PUFF wtire one himself-oh, yea, thats why, he's a (c)rapper.