PDA

View Full Version : Those Wacky, Peace-Loving Mooslims BUTCHER 190 IN MADRID; 1200 Injured.......

Viking
03-11-2004, 04:10 PM
MADRID, Spain (AP) - Ten terrorist bombs tore through trains and stations along a commuter line at the height of Madrid's morning rush hour Thursday, killing 190 people and wounding 1,240 others before this weekend's general elections.

The government initially blamed Basque separatists for the worst terrorist strike in Spanish history. But the interior minister said other lines of investigation were opened after police found a van with detonators and an audiotape of Quranic verses near where the bombed trains originated.

"This is mass murder," said a somber Prime Minister Jose Maria Aznar following an emergency cabinet meeting, vowing to hunt down the attackers.

The bombers used titadine, a kind of compressed dynamite also found in a bomb-laden van intercepted last month as it headed for Madrid, a source at Aznar's office said, speaking on condition of anonymity. Officials blamed the ETA separatist group at that time.

A U.S. intelligence official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said, "It's too early to tell. We're not ruling anything out."

Police found a van with detonators and an Arabic-language tape with Quranic verses in the town of Alcala de Henares, 15 miles east of Madrid, Interior Minister Angel Acebes said Thursday night, saying all lines of investigation were open.

Neighbors tipped police, who found seven detonators and the tape on the front seat of the van, Acebes told a news conference.

He said ETA remained the "main line of investigation" in the blasts.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040311/D818C8700.html

John Ashcroft
03-11-2004, 04:17 PM
I just saw that myself. Interesting to say the least, as Spain was one of our more notable allies in the War on Terror. It'll be hard to say right now, as it very well could be the Basque sepratists (they've been organizing terrorist hits in Spain for years). I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

Either way, this fucking plague called terrorism has got to go. And trying to "understand" where this hatred comes from is exactly what's gonna get more innocent people killed. Fuck them.

Dr. Love
03-11-2004, 04:19 PM
I say we give Spain the help they gave us in handling their terrorist problem.

BigBadBrian
03-11-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
I say we give Spain the help they gave us in handling their terrorist problem.

Sarcasm or truthful? Can't really tell.......

BigBadBrian
03-11-2004, 04:46 PM
Saw a report on Yahoo News that al-Qaeda has claimed responsibility.

knuckleboner
03-11-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
And trying to "understand" where this hatred comes from is exactly what's gonna get more innocent people killed. Fuck them.

nah, trying to understand why is important. it doesn't mean that if we find out WHO before WHY that we should hold off.

going after someone who already committed an act is fine.

but understanding why may (in some cases) help us prevent future ones.

al qaeda didn't pick the U.S. at random. (or spain now, unfortunately.) learning why doesn't mean we have to kowtow to the terrorists and change anything. but at the very least, the better we understand the mind of the enemy, the better we should be at stopping it.

and you know DARPA is working hard on the why.

Viking
03-11-2004, 05:28 PM
Al Queda's now claiming responsibility......

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=37537

Ally_Kat
03-11-2004, 05:45 PM
Bush, come on and give support.

Ally_Kat
03-11-2004, 05:49 PM
stupid question and i don't meant to make light of anything cuz I'm really upset now, but...

what's with them and the 11th?

Viking
03-11-2004, 06:01 PM
Because, my dear, like an obvsessive/compulsive dog that keeps licking his balls, the heathen terrorists are creatures of habit.

Dr. Love
03-11-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Sarcasm or truthful? Can't really tell.......

Truthful. Sorry for not being a little more clear on that.

John Ashcroft
03-12-2004, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
nah, trying to understand why is important. it doesn't mean that if we find out WHO before WHY that we should hold off.

going after someone who already committed an act is fine.

but understanding why may (in some cases) help us prevent future ones.

al qaeda didn't pick the U.S. at random. (or spain now, unfortunately.) learning why doesn't mean we have to kowtow to the terrorists and change anything. but at the very least, the better we understand the mind of the enemy, the better we should be at stopping it.

and you know DARPA is working hard on the why.

What if we already know? I do. The President does. In fact, most people who will be intellectually honest with themselves know exactly why terrorists hate Western people. I'm sure you do to, but are afraid to say it (Don't want to look like you're stereotyping... We're above that, right?) None of which changes the fact that they need to be stepped on like cockroaches. Every last one of them. But, the most necessary part is severing the head(s). Kill the leaders, and you will have one hell of alot less followers to contend with.

Again, Bush understands this. I think even some Dems in our Congress understand this, but don't want Bush to get credit for doing the right thing.

knuckleboner
03-12-2004, 10:16 AM
the WHY is because of america's influence in the middle east. and now, apparently, spain paid the price for standing with us in the war against iraq. (remember the press conference with bush, blair and the spanish president?) i'm not saying spain was wrong to do so.

but that's the why. and yes, i do believe president bush and the congress know the reason. and no, i don't think we should leave the middle east. nor do i think psychoanalizing the terrorists motives should take the place of physically fighting them. take 'em out.

however, i do see some potential danger in certain actions. hamas is fighting for a homeland. a noble goal, in and of itself. a goal for many of the palestinian peoples. but hamas, itself is a bunch of murderous thugs. how they go about trying to accomplish their goal is important and what makes them cockroaches.

but understanding hamas means that we know that their goal, and their focus is on israel right now. if America suddenly starts attacking hamas members (which i'm not against, by the way) then we need to at least recognize that we run the risk of becoming targets of hamas, as well.

al qaeda's already shown its reason for, and willingness to attack us. and our allies. at this point, i'm fine with putting them all down.

steve
03-12-2004, 10:43 AM
As a bleeding heart liberal, I think that Univeral Health Insurance - with a mental health care system built in - could serve as a way to unearth the pains that drive these troubled young men to do commit such unreasonable acts.

Ally_Kat
03-12-2004, 11:10 AM
*raises eyebrow*

How the hell would it do that?

Jesus Christ
03-12-2004, 11:22 AM
Jesus wept :cry2:

John Ashcroft
03-12-2004, 12:32 PM
Britney spears is negatively "influencing" my household and town. So I guess I'd better go blow up her family.

Ally_Kat
03-12-2004, 12:34 PM
before you do, swipe some of her clothes for me - specifically the jeans. She's got some nice clothes.

John Ashcroft
03-12-2004, 12:42 PM
Can I slip them on for you? I warn you, it may take a while...

Ally_Kat
03-12-2004, 01:29 PM
depends if i'm interning in the white house are not. Don't want a Clinton repeat ;)

knuckleboner
03-12-2004, 01:59 PM
Britney spears is negatively "influencing" my household and town. So I guess I'd better go blow up her family.

not QUITE the same thing as America's involvement in the middle east. (and again, i'm not criticizing our involvement.)

the fact is, they want to be the big dogs over there. it boils down to power. who has it? as long as America's involved in the middle east, we'll try to stop extremist muslims from either gaining or maintaining power. (properly so.) we won't let them set up a fundamentalist government in turkey. we won't let them set up a fundamentalist government in place of israel. we stationed troops in mecca (since removed) at the behest of the saudi government and they want to take down that government. (even if the existing saudi government has its own shade of anti-Americanism).

they feel that they could promote their extremist agenda much easier and to a greater extent if the U.S. wasn't in their way. if we went like sweden and sat out of everything, they'd treat us like sweden. but we don't act like sweden. nor should we (well...except maybe for the prevalance of buxom blondes...). so we're in for a fight.

steve
03-12-2004, 02:00 PM

She is negatively influencing my townhouse as well. Every time I see her in a magazine, I am influenced to dump a wad load on her face. The time - which could have been spent feeding the homeless retards - is wasted. She's destroying my subdivision. The hideous disease that is her perfectly shaped little round bubble butt is spreading...spreading like a masterbation cancer to the condiminiums and beyond.

singerman
03-12-2004, 07:46 PM
What i find quite strange.....and i really dont want to piss anyone off when i say this...im just stating facts.....England and Ireland have been under a cloud of terrorism for about 30 years from the IRA...bombs going of on a regular basis...in London and Belfast and various other cities....and over those years they have murdered thousands of people..... the political wing of the IRA is Sein Fein whos leader is Gerry Adams (himself an active member of the IRA in the seventies)....and i dont know how many people know this,but,Gerry Adams in the early 90's decided go to the USA on a fund raising trip for Sein Fein.....the British pleaded with the the US govenment not to issue him with a visa.....but they did! can you believe it!!.....the political party he belongs to, financed, and supported terrorists!, yet he was welcomed with open arms when he arrived at the city with the highest population of Irish Americans......thats right ladies and gentlemen.......New York!!....the scene of the worst act of terrorism the world has seen......i remember seeing him in downtown New York being cheered by a hell of alot of New Yorkers and it made me sick....only a month or so before he was seen on T.V at a funeral for an IRA member,blown up by his own bomb that he was in the process of planting at a British army base!.....i just hope that next time he plans a trip to New York he wont be given such a warm welcome......oh i'd just like to add,that since 9/11 the IRA have ceased their bombing campaign.....which proves that their 30years of terrorism across England and Ireland was totally unjustified......they knew it was wrong.....thats why they stopped.....oh and as for the so called 'British' people that have been allowed back to Britain from Cuba....they have been released without charge!.....one question....if they are inoccent.....what the fuck were they doing in Afganistan with the Taliban??....here we have some people that clearly hate th US and Britain (and by now are even more full of hate for us after being in prison for 2 yrs) and we've given them a little slap on the wrist and set free!.....mmmm.....i wonder what they are upto now they are back?....cos nobody knows where they are....even the newpapers cant find them......in light of whats just happened in Spain.........im fucking scared

Seshmeister
03-12-2004, 08:41 PM
It was nothing to do will Al-Queda or Muslims it was ETA or a subset of ETA.

Cheers!

:gulp:

Seshmeister
03-12-2004, 08:44 PM
It happened 911 days after 9-11 though...

The Nostradamos, Internet geek community will love this...

BigBadBrian
03-12-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by singerman
What i find quite strange.....and i really dont want to piss anyone off when i say this...im just stating facts.....England and Ireland have been under a cloud of terrorism for about 30 years from the IRA...bombs going of on a regular basis...in London and Belfast and various other cities....and over those years they have murdered thousands of people..... the political wing of the IRA is Sein Fein whos leader is Gerry Adams (himself an active member of the IRA in the seventies)....and i dont know how many people know this,but,Gerry Adams in the early 90's decided go to the USA on a fund raising trip for Sein Fein.....

Welcome, dude! :gulp:

Anyway, yeah.........Sinn Fein and the IRA make a hell of a lot of money through "charities" funded out of Irish pubs in NY and Boston. Just proves one mans terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. It's fucked up. I always hoped Gerry Adams would meet with a bullet between the eyes. :gun:

Seshmeister
03-16-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
It was nothing to do will Al-Queda or Muslims it was ETA or a subset of ETA.

Cheers!

:gulp:

Ooops!

The Spanish government suckered me just as they did their own people...

Viking
03-16-2004, 11:33 PM
Who gives a shit who is suckering whom. The body count is now officially 201. Terrorists must be exterminated, no matter who's flag they fly.

John Ashcroft
03-17-2004, 01:33 PM
Dittos Viking.

Unfortunately the voters of Spain just validated whichever entity that carried out this attack. Expect more.

Jesus Christ
03-17-2004, 01:39 PM
Oh my Dad :rolleyes:

Be ye not deceived by Caesar's lies, My children. For what ye hath seen recently shalt be repeated elsewhere :(

Seshmeister
03-17-2004, 02:36 PM
Are you gay?

Jesus Christ
03-17-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Are you gay?

Verily I hath known no man, nor no women.

For it was appointed to the Son of Man to be raised up on the Cross and crucified, and then to rise and ascend to the Father. Doesn't leave a lot of time for marriage and family, My son :(

Ally_Kat
03-17-2004, 04:55 PM
yo JC, what about Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code?

Seshmeister
03-17-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Jesus Christ
Verily I hath known no man, nor no women.

For it was appointed to the Son of Man to be raised up on the Cross and crucified, and then to rise and ascend to the Father. Doesn't leave a lot of time for marriage and family, My son :(

But you didn't start work until you were 30?

That's worse than a postman!

Sarge's Little Helper
03-17-2004, 07:45 PM
But you didn't start work until you were 30?

That's worse than a postman!

<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'rotharmy@localhost' (Using password: YES) in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/admin/dbprefs.php</b> on line <b>52</b><br />