PDA

View Full Version : Ozzfest 2005 by Lesfunk

lesfunk
07-18-2005, 03:35 PM
After getting thoroughly soaked in the parking lot outside the venue, I made my way to my seat Just in time to catch Black label society. They were my favarite main stage band besides Maiden and the Sabs.
I'll skip over over Shadows fall and Mudvayne because I didn't like them. It's funny that the chubby, tattooed Goth chick sitting next to me said that she was leaving after Mudvayne cuz she hated Maiden and Sabbath! Some people don't know shit from shoe polish I guess!
A word about the Meadows in Hartford; It is a sucky venue to see a show and I would recommend to go to the Tweeter Center in MA for a more laid back concert experience.
The Meadows is not fan friendly and is practically run like a gulag compared to the Tweeter Ctr.
So anyway, Maiden come on stage blazing with "wrathchild" but Wait! There's no P.A. !
The sound is only Stage volume and monitors. People got irritated very quickly and made their displeasure known. The sound came on during the next tune to thunderous applause and Maiden proceeded to absolutely Kick ass! They really were the stars of Ozzfest 2005 and Deservedly so!
My favorite part of the set was when Bruce dickinson dressed down a fan for smoking reefer.
" if you want to be a fucking hippie, go see Dave Matthews! " He then referred to dave Mathews as a " Jerkoff" HA HA!I loved it!
Also, Maiden only played songs from the first four albums. A real treat for an old fart like me!

Next comes The Sabs.
I must say that They gave a vastly improved show over Ozzfest 2004.
They played gems like The Wizard, After Forever, and Sleeping Village ( a real surprise)
Ozzy looked and sounded very good to me. That clean living must agree with him. I could have done without seeing his winker though!
As far as the rest of the band, what can I say? It was Black sabbath! tony was excellent and did more extended soloing than other times it seemed. Geezers bass was Loud , clear, and heavy. His Sea Foam Green Jazz bass was probably the "least" metal instrument of the day! Bill ward was on top of his game as well; his kick drum being especially thunderous. They also played a longer set ( or so it seemed) than last year, which was nice.
A great set by a great band equals a great time was had by all

guwapo_rocker
07-18-2005, 03:39 PM
Cool!...Glad you had a good time.

Hardrock69
07-18-2005, 04:50 PM
Man, Bruce used to say stuff that vaguely sounded like he supported marijuana.

He is now turning into an old conservative asshole, and he needs to shut his fucking piehole and stick to singing.
:rolleyes:

WACF
07-18-2005, 09:47 PM
Classic Maiden...awsome...

Would love to see Ozzfest...but they don't come here.

Sounds like a great line-up.

sammysucks65
07-18-2005, 10:25 PM
i heard maiden got replaced by velvet revolver....this year

yea they rock.....bruce is a gentleman...hehe