PDA

View Full Version : Religious Affiliation.

Rubnose
03-11-2004, 10:22 PM
So where does your faith lay? I'd love to know where the majority of our clan leans.

Lou
03-11-2004, 11:51 PM
Well I just voted and it's the only vote on there, so Rubnose why don't you tell us what you are too :)

Rubnose
03-12-2004, 09:38 PM
Wow, I didn't think everyone would be ashamed to stand up for their faith. Bummer.

BTW Lou. I am a Christian. The non liberal conservative kind.

twonabomber
03-12-2004, 09:55 PM
none.

Ally_Kat
03-12-2004, 10:26 PM
i voted catholic

MAX
03-13-2004, 02:18 AM
I'm a full blown Christian with a lot of myself mixed into it!!!

FORD
03-16-2004, 04:28 PM
I'm a Christian. As in one who lives by the teachings of Jesus Christ. Not Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, or anybody named Bush.

Jesus Christ
03-16-2004, 04:32 PM
Verily, I voted Jewish as I was born and raised in that tradition. But I am also the founder of Christianity, so count a vote there for Me as well. :)

SensibleShoes
03-19-2004, 10:00 AM
Your catagories are a little screwy - Catholics are Christians - and so are Protestants. Many Fundamentalist Protestant Sects call themselves simply "Christians" these days because it is fashionable. But a Christian is anyone who believes in Jesus Christ, no matter their denomination.

And it's probably a typo - but the "Gnostic" category made me laugh. Sounds like it's a menu item at a Jewish Deli.

seenbad
03-19-2004, 12:33 PM
Actually, they're not to screwy. There needs to be those categorizations. While catholics believe in jesus as lord, they also put a lot of emphasis on the mother mary in looking for comfort and don't quite take the direct line to God that other christian faiths take but rather are ministered to by church leaders rather than the bible directly. How about Mormans? They say they believe in Jesus. Would you classify them as christians? Hardly.

Sammy Who??
03-19-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by SensibleShoes
Your catagories are a little screwy - Catholics are Christians - and so are Protestants. Many Fundamentalist Protestant Sects call themselves simply "Christians" these days because it is fashionable. But a Christian is anyone who believes in Jesus Christ, no matter their denomination.

And it's probably a typo - but the "Gnostic" category made me laugh. Sounds like it's a menu item at a Jewish Deli.

do you believe in adultery? because i want to fuck you :sex:

geez SS 569 posts and 409 with the airelle bot.

if you want to talk and fuck play with me

ELVIS
03-19-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by FORD
I'm a Christian. As in one who lives by the teachings of Jesus Christ. Not Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, or anybody named Bush.
Did Jesus teach you to be paranoid ??

ELVIS
03-19-2004, 02:37 PM
I'm a non-paranoid Christian...

Elitest
03-19-2004, 03:31 PM
you are very cute too

SensibleShoes
03-19-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by seenbad
Actually, they're not to screwy. There needs to be those categorizations. While catholics believe in jesus as lord, they also put a lot of emphasis on the mother mary in looking for comfort and don't quite take the direct line to God that other christian faiths take but rather are ministered to by church leaders rather than the bible directly. How about Mormans? They say they believe in Jesus. Would you classify them as christians? Hardly.

Whether or not I think those groups are acting as Christians or not is irrelvant. Technically, they are Christian because they profess a belief in Jesus Christ. It's strictly a dictionary thing.

But I hear your points - I was raised Presbyterian and converted to Catholcism. Thought I could handle it - I can't - and just for the reason you describe. Part of that is the Jesuit education I got!!!! Nothing like a Jesuit to teach you to question EVERYTHING!!!!!!

SensibleShoes
03-19-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Sammy Who??
do you believe in adultery? because i want to fuck you :sex:

geez SS 569 posts and 409 with the airelle bot.

if you want to talk and fuck play with me

Thank you Sammy, I'm taking that as a compliment. And you know I do better with machines!

seenbad
03-19-2004, 05:11 PM
Mormons are not Christian. It's a decieving title.

MAX
03-19-2004, 05:22 PM
seen, you are dead on regarding Mormon's. In their "Book Of Mormon" they completely dismiss many of the most basic Christian beliefs. They are a cult. Nothing more and nothing less.

SensibleShoes
03-19-2004, 05:43 PM
I've read all of the same stuff on the Morman church that you all have - and heard all the horror stories. Even experienced the church's control of the Government in Salt Lake City.

But the fact remains, on paper, they are Christian, even as twisted as their logic is to get there.

I have as many problems with the fundamentalist Christian sects that twist the Bible to their own purposes.

seenbad
03-19-2004, 06:26 PM
No, they are most certainly not by any definition "Christian". A Christian is one who believe that faith in Jesus Christ is the path to heaven. The mormon church does not hold this as a fundemental at all. The book of Mormon does not follow the teachings of Jesus at all. Max has it quite right. They are a modern day cult whose inner church circles revolve around pagan/masonistic rituals. You could look at the inclusion of Jesus's name in their title church of latter day saints as a marketing ploy. They believe that Satan, in the garden of eden was correct and that we most certainly can become as god. That is not christian. lol

Big Troubles
03-19-2004, 06:35 PM
I wake up everyday believing in myself. Its easier that way. No let downs when the end is near. I believe, that people should stop worrying about what might be, and start thinking about what is, and what is all that is right. And to fix the wrong. Is that Christian? Mormon? Gnostic? Hell, for all I know God is a big pretty pink elephant that flys. Sounds rediculous doesn't? So does Jesus Christ to me. I will show you my pretty pink elephant, when you show me your Jesus Christ. Until then. I believe in me.

ELVIS
03-19-2004, 06:42 PM
That is satanism.. Look it up...

Big Troubles
03-19-2004, 06:47 PM
Than that is what i am. Fear the fire mother fuckers. I have the wrath of the horned one! Oooooooooh......Oh so scary.... LOL

Big Troubles
03-19-2004, 06:50 PM
or better yet.....come to the dark side and enjoy the forbidden fruit just one more fucking time!

Big Troubles
03-19-2004, 06:51 PM
no? not good enough? well theres plenty of she bitch devils to share....

ELVIS
03-19-2004, 06:58 PM
I like that last one...

Big Troubles
03-19-2004, 07:04 PM
yeah thats the pose you'd want the devil in, if she were to intice ya no? I mean, shit, I change Gods, taste in music and start wearing Spermmy Hagar sandles if I could get a piece of that evil.

ELVIS
03-19-2004, 07:23 PM
Well..

Anyway dude...

God is real.. Even FORD knows that...

pete
03-19-2004, 07:31 PM
God is a concept
By which we measure
Our pain
I'll say it again
God is a concept
By which we measure
Our pain

I don't believe in magic
I don't believe in I-ching
I don't believe in Bible
I don't believe in tarot
I don't believe in Hitler
I don't believe in Jesus
I don't believe in Kennedy
I don't believe in Buddha
I don't believe in Mantra
I don't believe in Gita
I don't believe in Yoga
I don't believe in kings
I don't believe in Elvis
I don't believe in Zimmerman
I don't believe in Beatles
I just believe in me
Yoko and me
And that's reality

The dream is over
What can I say?
The dream is over
Yesterday
I was the Dreamweaver
But now I'm reborn
I was the Walrus
But now I'm John
And so dear friends
You'll just have to carry on
The dream is over

-LENNON

Bob_R
03-19-2004, 07:37 PM
Thank you Sammy, I'm taking that as a compliment. And you know I do better with machines!

I'm jealous. :(

Satan
03-19-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
yeah thats the pose you'd want the devil in, if she were to intice ya no? I mean, shit, I change Gods, taste in music and start wearing Spermmy Hagar sandles if I could get a piece of that evil.

Would you sell your soul?

Those succubi DO work for me, you know.

Just call me Pimp Daddy Lucifer :cool:

Oh, and I think everyone knows my religious viewpoint...

Satan
03-19-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
That is satanism.. Look it up...

How is it me-ism to believe in flying pink elephants?? :confused:

MAX
03-19-2004, 08:10 PM
I've read all of the same stuff on the Morman church that you all have - and heard all the horror stories. Even experienced the church's control of the Government in Salt Lake City.

But the fact remains, on paper, they are Christian, even as twisted as their logic is to get there.

I'll do one better. Although I was never officially baptized into their occult, I did attend the church for a few years when I was a kid. My dad's entire side of the family are all practicing Mormons. Seen is right, the basic "revelations" that came from their founder Joseph Smith is all from the Masons.

The Book Of Mormon is not affiliated with The Bible at all. Even Mormons will tell you that. What they consider it is a newer extension or a companion of The Bible. They consider the Holy Ghost sacrilege. I've always had a hard time buying their basic concept that a fourteen year old kid went into the forest, God gave his these "Golden Plates" that have never shown their face. And that these "Golden Plates" are transcribed into The Book of Mormon as the new prophecy.

One more thing, their cult has always been filled with so many fallacies that they have to run into the temple and receive a new prophecy from their Heavenly Father every time their beliefs clash with society. polygamy was a major principle of their cult at first but when Utah wouldn't be granted statehood unless they stopped practicing it, Heavenly Father changed his mind and made then dump it. The same goes with Blacks, they were originally viewed as sinners because of their skin. As time went on and the Civil rights movement progressed, Heavenly Father changed his mind again and Blacks were finally allowed Priesthood in 1979.

I could go on and on but we're going to be having dinner shortly and I don't wish to lose my appetite.

Big Troubles
03-19-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by pete
God is a concept
By which we measure
Our pain
I'll say it again
God is a concept
By which we measure
Our pain

I don't believe in magic
I don't believe in I-ching
I don't believe in Bible
I don't believe in tarot
I don't believe in Hitler
I don't believe in Jesus
I don't believe in Kennedy
I don't believe in Buddha
I don't believe in Mantra
I don't believe in Gita
I don't believe in Yoga
I don't believe in kings
I don't believe in Elvis
I don't believe in Zimmerman
I don't believe in Beatles
I just believe in me
Yoko and me
And that's reality

The dream is over
What can I say?
The dream is over
Yesterday
I was the Dreamweaver
But now I'm reborn
I was the Walrus
But now I'm John
And so dear friends
You'll just have to carry on
The dream is over

-LENNON

A-Fucking Men

ELVIS
03-19-2004, 08:53 PM
Where do you think John Lennon is spending eternity ??

pete
03-20-2004, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Where do you think John Lennon is spending eternity ??

it's certainly not some place where milk and honey flow in streams.

I think he is spending eternity in some white, bathed place like you seen in some fucking movie.

I also believe Santa and the Easter Bunny a real.

And lastly, I believe, you make much sense.

Now, all sarcasm aside.

I think John Lennon had a clue. Too believe 1 certain faith, created by some human, is the all encompassing truth is silly. I respect anyone in the pursuit of the truth eternal. But, the likeliehood that 1 man, or a bunch of men's interpretation of 1 man's existance, contains the complete truth..... It's doesn't work.

If god was so vain, he demanded worship. He'd of left a book himself for all to follow.

I would think he created us to marvel, or joy in the potential.

it's silly to think that GOD would be so vain, to say, "I'm lonely, I need to create people to worship me!"

He's not flesh. You are Elvis.

And too much of it.

If it was up to you, spitirituality would equal ignorance.

Igosplut
03-20-2004, 08:11 AM
I hit a church with a car once........

Big Troubles
03-20-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Igosplut
I hit a church with a car once........

Right on...LOL Now please tell me there were no survivors! (except you of course)

pete
03-20-2004, 10:17 AM
I don't have a problem with God.

Just his fans. LOL

Top Jimmy
03-20-2004, 11:19 AM
how bout some respect for the Non's? Agnostic, not Gnostic......

anyway, I am a card-carrying, orthodox atheist.....

Top Jimmy
03-20-2004, 11:23 AM
and BuddHist, not Buddist....good LORD (pun not intended)....take a spell check now and again....

Cult of Roth
03-21-2004, 03:07 AM
Protestant, although I couldn't tell you the last time I've seen the inside of a church outside of a wedding...

Coyote
03-21-2004, 04:36 AM
Christian by birth (Lutherian is what it's called here) but to me it got a bit silly around age 16. So today I believe in fate/karma.

seenbad
03-21-2004, 04:48 AM
by birth? :confused: Lutherans believe you can do that? Not slagging lutherans, just curious.

Switch84
03-21-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by MAX
I'll do one better. Although I was never officially baptized into their occult, I did attend the church for a few years when I was a kid. My dad's entire side of the family are all practicing Mormons. Seen is right, the basic "revelations" that came from their founder Joseph Smith is all from the Masons.

The Book Of Mormon is not affiliated with The Bible at all. Even Mormons will tell you that. What they consider it is a newer extension or a companion of The Bible. They consider the Holy Ghost sacrilege. I've always had a hard time buying their basic concept that a fourteen year old kid went into the forest, God gave his these "Golden Plates" that have never shown their face. And that these "Golden Plates" are transcribed into The Book of Mormon as the new prophecy.

One more thing, their cult has always been filled with so many fallacies that they have to run into the temple and receive a new prophecy from their Heavenly Father every time their beliefs clash with society. polygamy was a major principle of their cult at first but when Utah wouldn't be granted statehood unless they stopped practicing it, Heavenly Father changed his mind and made then dump it. The same goes with Blacks, they were originally viewed as sinners because of their skin. As time went on and the Civil rights movement progressed, Heavenly Father changed his mind again and Blacks were finally allowed Priesthood in 1979.

I could go on and on but we're going to be having dinner shortly and I don't wish to lose my appetite.

:( Wow, it never ceases to amaze me how different sects (religious or otherwise) attempt to pimp God for their own shady intentions and causes. That is truly sickening.

LOL!! Black people were viewed as sinners because of our GOD GIVEN beautiful brown skin? That is the stuff that makes me laugh. Hmm, this sounds like the religious sect Elitest may belong to...she did refer to me (a very intelligent and beautiful BLACK WOMAN) as "The Aberdeen Angus" i.e. a BLACK COW.

Love 4 one another??? Someday soon, I hope.

Ally_Kat
03-21-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by seenbad
by birth? :confused: Lutherans believe you can do that? Not slagging lutherans, just curious.

i think he means that his parents are, so he was born into it.