PDA

View Full Version : Someone who knows about Jackson King V's

DeadOrAlive
07-20-2005, 06:48 AM
Alright I'm going out for my third guitar, and I've been playing for 8 months now. I'm a bit short on cash, but this is in my range. Tell me whether or not this is a good deal.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/fg=141/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/511563/

Thanks y'all for your time and help!

ThrillsNSpills
07-20-2005, 11:11 AM
I think it is but I like Jacksons.

I would advise you to play them in the store first though because you may find that you prefer a different neck (one that lends itself to playing at the best of your ability)
Of course if you are just starting you may not know yet what you naturally gravitate towards but it's best to try different ones.
(wait are we talking about guitars or girls?) good luck

DeadOrAlive
07-20-2005, 04:20 PM
Haha yeah I know what you mean about necks, because I cant stand the necks on Les Pauls. I prefer necks like those on a Fender Strat. But yeah ofcourse I'm going to buy this thing in person haha you have to play it before you buy it, that's my policy.

Nitro Express
07-20-2005, 07:50 PM
Yeah, play the thing. I always thought the import Jacksons were pretty good for the money and the USA Jacksons are excellent. A guitar is a personal instrument. If you have small hands like me, neck profile is everything. I like a 9" radius neck with a U shaped back. Many people think this is a huge neck but I can play great on one that's narrow width wise. shallow wide necks give me troubles.

I have my necks custom made now. There's nothing off the rack that really fits me as good. I love Les Pauls but I play bastardised Strats mostly now. I can kick them around, they won't break, and they feel and sound so yummy!

DeadOrAlive
07-21-2005, 12:37 AM
Haha sweet thanks dude, that'll do.

Matt White
08-08-2005, 11:53 AM
Never a BIg V fan...Jackson V's are the best though.........