PDA

View Full Version : Best/Worst Covers Thread

Unchainme
07-22-2005, 03:18 PM
What do you think the best/worst cover you have heard.

Heres Mine:

Best Song CVH covered: You Really Got Me By The Kinks

Best Non CVH song Covered by a band:Guns N' Roses covering Mama Kin by Aerosmith

Best CVH Song Covered By another band: Unchained BY Vocals: Jack Russell (Great White)
Guitars: Dweezil Zappa
Bass: Marco Mendoza (Thin Lizzy, etc.)
Drums: Eric Singer (KISS, Black Sabbath) 2000 Tribute

Worst Song Van Hagar Attempted To cover: There Rendition of Won't Get Fooled Again (Hagar should just never sing Period.)

Worst Non CVH song Covered by a band: Scissor Sisters covering Comfortably Numb By Pink Floyd

Worst CVH Song Cover: Panama By Van Hagar (Felt Like My Ears were going to bleed.)

Shaun Ponsonby
07-22-2005, 03:28 PM
I always liked Queen's version of "Big Spender" on their Xmas Eve show in 1975 (and, subsquently, at Wembley Satdium in 1986). I think it works REALLY well for Freddie.

Spock's Beard did a version of Yes' ''Southside of the Sky'' which was really good.

I think Metalica did justice to The Misfts' ''Last Caress''.

Oh, and Velvet Revolver doing
1) ANY GNR/STP song
2) Surrender by Cheap Trick

Worst?

Lets see...

ANY cover by a boy/girlband
SCISSOR SISTERS doing COMFORTABLY NUMB? WTF was that?

Shaun Ponsonby
07-22-2005, 03:28 PM
Oh, and all of Dave's, of course.

Unchainme
07-22-2005, 03:31 PM
Oh I found another really bad one KitcheN Sync doing More Than A Feeling by Boston.

Unchainme
07-22-2005, 03:32 PM
How about Sheryl Crows Version of Sweet Child O' Mine, :Pukes:

Unchainme
07-22-2005, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
I always liked Queen's version of "Big Spender" on their Xmas Eve show in 1975 (and, subsquently, at Wembley Satdium in 1986). I think it works REALLY well for Freddie.

Spock's Beard did a version of Yes' ''Southside of the Sky'' which was really good.

I think Metalica did justice to The Misfts' ''Last Caress''.

Oh, and Velvet Revolver doing
1) ANY GNR/STP song
2) Surrender by Cheap Trick

Worst?

Lets see...

ANY cover by a boy/girlband
SCISSOR SISTERS doing COMFORTABLY NUMB? WTF was that?

VR cover of Surrender kicks major ass, They did very well with it. Scissor Sisters the reson why I hate is because of the vocalist completley ruined it, he sound like he sucked Helium and then sang the song.

Shaun Ponsonby
07-22-2005, 03:36 PM
Just puke at "Sweet Child O' Fuck Not This One Again" in general.

Oh, I forgot to say that Elton John and Axl Rose doing "Bohemian Rhapsody" at the Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert was fucking awful.

Unchainme
07-22-2005, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
Just puke at "Sweet Child O' Fuck Not This One Again" in general.

Oh, I forgot to say that Elton John and Axl Rose doing "Bohemian Rhapsody" at the Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert was fucking awful.

I don't know I thought The Axl half or it was ok. I mean I've heard Worse Queen covers.I mean have you heard that one sucky emo band My Crappy Chemical Romance cover Under pressure, Truly an Insult to both QUEEN AND DAVID BOWIE!

Shaun Ponsonby
07-22-2005, 03:56 PM
No, I tend not to liten to many Queen covers, because there is only 1 Farook Bulsara (thats for anyone from Zanzinbar out there), but Paul Rodgers is OK.

I just hate SCOM because it is ALWAYS on MTV or whatever, and I'm thinking, play one of their few good songs. Like, Mr Brownstone or Its So Easy, or You're Crazy or Used To Love Her.

Last_Child
07-22-2005, 04:03 PM
Mott The Hoople Covering Velvet Undergrounds Sweet Jane is Veery good.!

The Worst must be L8er Covering Back In Black!
That's A Fucking Boy Band 50/50 with Guys N' Girls..
During The Guitar Solo they fucks everything up...THEY SING THE REFRAIN OVER THE SOLO!!

the next must be Marilyn Manson covering Highway To Hell...
He butchers it...FUCKING TECHNO!

Unchainme
07-22-2005, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Last_Child
Mott The Hoople Covering Velvet Undergrounds Sweet Jane is Veery good.!

The Worst must be L8er Covering Back In Black!
That's A Fucking Boy Band 50/50 with Guys N' Girls..
During The Guitar Solo they fucks everything up...THEY SING THE REFRAIN OVER THE SOLO!!

the next must be Marilyn Manson covering Highway To Hell...
He butchers it...FUCKING TECHNO!

Manson's Version sucks ass, If you want to here a good cover of a 70's Rock song done by a Modern Metal band Cat Scratch Fever By Pantera, God they kicked ass on that song.

Last_Child
07-22-2005, 04:08 PM
Have they done that Song?

ÜberCooL!

Unchainme
07-22-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Last_Child
Have they done that Song?

ÜberCooL!

Yup, They stayed very close to the orignal. I wish they could have covered AC/DC and some CVH, they would have been amazing on it.

Last_Child
07-22-2005, 04:16 PM
Check out Soulfly's Version of Smoke On The Water.

Unchainme
07-22-2005, 04:22 PM
Anyone else heard Maiden's cover of My Generation, They Did pretty well with it.

Unchainme
07-22-2005, 08:15 PM
bump

Unchainme
07-22-2005, 10:29 PM
Anyone Hear Slayer's Cover Of Born To Be Wild, Man it kicks ass.

academic punk
07-22-2005, 10:30 PM
I happen to think Paul Anka's cover of Jump is spot-on. I'm dead serious.

Unchainme
07-22-2005, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
I happen to think Paul Anka's cover of Jump is spot-on. I'm dead serious.

I Think its okay, It would be awesome If Dave did the vocals on it, He would do very well on it.

Unchainme
07-22-2005, 11:13 PM
Bump

Nario Lee Roth
07-23-2005, 08:55 AM
any cover oasis did sucks

Unchainme
07-23-2005, 11:44 AM
I reakky like The Bulletboys cover of For The Love Of Money, Even though the Lead Singer think he is Dave.

Unchainme
07-24-2005, 12:38 AM
Aerosmith's Cover Of Come Together Is Awesome almost rivals the orignal, You can defintly tell they recorded while they were on drugs.

Unchainme
07-25-2005, 01:58 PM
Anyone else seen the Hip-Hop tribute to AC/DC my god did that suck.

VHdamaco
07-28-2005, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Unchainme
I don't know I thought The Axl half or it was ok. I mean I've heard Worse Queen covers.I mean have you heard that one sucky emo band My Crappy Chemical Romance cover Under pressure, Truly an Insult to both QUEEN AND DAVID BOWIE!

i think that cover is one of the best i've heard from the music scene today...

other than that, everything else today (outside of a few songs here and there and the band fall out boy) suck...