PDA

View Full Version : Racer X

sammysucks65
07-23-2005, 12:04 PM
i love these guys they really rock they just dont have enough publicity...paul gilbert is one of the best guitarists i have ever heard...he rivals evh, rhoads, vai, man this guys a speed demon

as for the rest of the band they ok i guess..dont know much of their drummer but bass is great this guy can really play fast

theyre fronted by a halford/dickenson esque guy i forget his name but he can wail

best racer x song....cover of godzilla by b.o.c. go listen to it awesome i have their live cd.

yea they are getting old though..but still playing

discuss!

Soul Reaper
07-23-2005, 12:12 PM
I love racer X!!!!

could you send me some mp3s!

sammysucks65
07-23-2005, 12:18 PM
yea heres some clips for you fans and people who never heard them

http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/music/artist/card/0,,482248,00.html

ya might have to copy and paste if it didnt link...the player works fine on my pc...listen to frenzy for people who never heard them before

sammysucks65
07-23-2005, 12:18 PM
shit it only plays a clip of it just check it out

Hardrock69
07-24-2005, 08:22 AM
Scott Travis is their drummer...his full time gig is with Judas Priest....you can tell which gig he enjoys the most...

Their last album they released a couple of years ago (I think they have a new one due...but I could be wrong) was fucking great...with a killer cover of BOC's "Godzilla".

Racer X are not that famous because they are 'musician's musicians", and thus over the head of your average music listener....

I have met both Paul Gilbert and Scott Travis (2wice).

Pretty cool guys...Scott is as tall as I am, and Paul Gilbert only an inch or two shorter...

sammysucks65
07-24-2005, 06:53 PM
cool yea i appreciate racer x's music i listen for their mind blowing guitars (electric and bass) and their frontmans man wow all i can say is he can wail i just listen for there musical ability

the rock

Mr Grimsdale
07-25-2005, 03:09 PM
snakebite is a great track

Soul Reaper
07-26-2005, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Scott Travis is their drummer...his full time gig is with Judas Priest....you can tell which gig he enjoys the most...

Their last album they released a couple of years ago (I think they have a new one due...but I could be wrong) was fucking great...with a killer cover of BOC's "Godzilla".

Racer X are not that famous because they are 'musician's musicians", and thus over the head of your average music listener....

I have met both Paul Gilbert and Scott Travis (2wice).

Pretty cool guys...Scott is as tall as I am, and Paul Gilbert only an inch or two shorter...

you've met paul Gilbert??!! Fuckin' awesome.

I thought he was very tall.

How tall are you?

sammysucks65
07-26-2005, 11:28 AM
hey reaper isnt that from a weird al song..satan eats cheez wiz

hahaha
hes funny

bueno bob
07-26-2005, 12:28 PM
The Racer X discography

"Street Lethal" (1986, Shrapnel)
"Second Heat" (1987, Shrapnel)
"Live Extreme Volume" (1988, Shrapnel)
"Live Extreme Volume II" (1992, Shrapnel)
"Technical Difficulties" (2000, Shrapnel)
"Superheroes" (2002, Shrapnel)
"Snowball of Doom: Live at the Whiskey" (2003, Shrapnel)
"Getting Heavier" (2004, Shrapnel)

The band's best album is without a doubt "Second Heat", the defining moment of Racer X...more complete and well rounded than the debut, however, the albums Technical Difficulties and Superheroes (the one with the B.O.C. Godzilla cover) are both outstanding. Getting Heavier sounds more like a solo Paul Gilbert album than a Racer X album, but it's still decent, just quite different than the norm.

Scott Travis took over the drum seat in 1986, replacing Harry Gshoescher (sp?). They added a second guitarist, Bruce Bouilette, for Second Heat, and he was present on Live Extreme Volume I and II. Due to health problems, he didn't return to the fold for the reunion album in 2000. Bassist Juan (John) Alderete is, in my opinion, probably one of the top five practicing bassists in the world today, and arguably the guy who put the official stamp onto shred music with a bass guitar. He's also a full time performer with the alt rock band Mars Volta, and well worth checking out.

Did I mention I REALLY REALLY LIKE Racer X? :)

sammysucks65
07-26-2005, 02:21 PM
alderete (bass) is like a really short guy who is decked out in red or a mexican wrestlers mask on stage all the time

cool interviews on the live dvd

zeronumber
07-26-2005, 02:24 PM
Sadly, I know nothing of racer x, other than he's secretly Speed racer's older brother.

hollywood5150
07-26-2005, 02:28 PM
Not bad, I was into them back in 88. We knew they were the fasted and baddest guys a round.

So naturally when Paul Gilbert and Billy Sheehan teammed up for "addicted to that rush" was awesome.

Sadly or should i say too bad the rest of their catalogue was disapointing. Compared to Racer X and Talas.