PDA

View Full Version : Nirvana's Cobain Considered Quitting Before Suicide

Sarge
03-12-2004, 02:04 PM
Nirvana's Cobain Considered Quitting Before Suicide
Fri Mar 12,10:58 AM ET Add Entertainment - Reuters to My Yahoo!

LONDON (Reuters) - In the months before he shot himself, American rock legend Kurt Cobain was considering quitting his band Nirvana to work with his wife, singer Courtney Love (news), according to a previously unpublished interview.

AP Photo

Nirvana's tragic frontman said he had a stronger musical affinity with Love's own band, Hole, than he had found with any other musicians, according to Britain's "Uncut" magazine, which will publish the interview next Monday ahead of the 10th anniversary of his death.

"I'd like to (collaborate with Love)," he said in the interview eight months before his suicide. "But to tell you the truth, I would rather just quit my band and join Hole.

"When I have played music with them, there's a level of connection that's a little bit higher than with anyone else I ever played with," he added.

Nirvana's surviving founders, Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic (news), have had a turbulent relationship with Cobain's widow, clashing with her in court over the band's musical legacy.

Cobain, 27, killed himself with a shotgun in April 1994 in his Seattle home, where he was recovering from a drug and alcohol overdose.

With punk-influenced music and angst-ridden lyrics, Nirvana led the grunge movement that emerged from Seattle to become one of the most powerful forces in 1990s rock.

Cobain said in the interview, originally intended for French television, that he was thinking of moving away from his grunge roots toward acoustic music.

"It might be nice to start playing acoustic guitar and be thought of as a singer and a songwriter, rather than a grunge rocker," he said. "I could sit down on a chair and play acoustic guitar like Johnny Cash (news) or something, and it won't be a big joke."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=638&ncid=762&e=1&u=/nm/20040312/en_nm/people_cobain_dc

Golden AWe
03-12-2004, 02:17 PM
He did have the ability to write some decent tunes but as a person he was just a sad, boring drug addict...

Jesus Christ
03-12-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
He did have the ability to write some decent tunes but as a person he was just a sad, boring drug addict...

Judge not, lest ye be judged, My son. For the decent songs that he wrote came from the life he experienced. I only wish he had called on Me to deliver him from his pain :(

singerman
03-12-2004, 08:21 PM
i heard he was thinking of quitting Nirvana...after he committed suicide...

PHOENIX
03-13-2004, 11:40 AM
THE BITCH HAD HIM KILLED!

Golden AWe
03-13-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Jesus Christ
Judge not, lest ye be judged, My son. For the decent songs that he wrote came from the life he experienced. I only wish he had called on Me to deliver him from his pain :(

I only judge actions, not people...

I base my opinion on his book and the interviews about his life off-stage...

SilvioDante
03-13-2004, 12:14 PM
Too bad he didn't quit Nirvana before they made an album!

Wayne L.
03-13-2004, 02:51 PM
Kurt Cobain is the most overrrated artist in the history of rock & roll along with his grunge band Nirvana because he is NOT in the same league as the late, great John Lennon while Nirvana wasn't as important & influential as the Beatles.

SilvioDante
03-13-2004, 07:27 PM
Holy shit, I totally agree with Wayne L.!!!!

I remember the day he killed himself, David Fricke said his death was like Gen X losing it's John Lennon. BULLSHIT!!! He sucked. Three chord wonder!!! John Lennon had talent, all Kobain had was a pissy attitude.

Panamark
03-14-2004, 06:45 AM
And I swear that I dont have a gun !

BigBadBrian
03-14-2004, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
And I swear that I dont have a gun !

Yeah, that line busts me up everytime I hear that song on the radio. :D

Roy Munson
03-18-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Wayne L.
Kurt Cobain is the most overrrated artist in the history of rock & roll along with his grunge band Nirvana because he is NOT in the same league as the late, great John Lennon while Nirvana wasn't as important & influential as the Beatles.

Go fuck yourself with a satellite dish. The Beatles are overrated if you ask me.

Roy Munson
03-18-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by SilvioDante
Holy shit, I totally agree with Wayne L.!!!!

I remember the day he killed himself, David Fricke said his death was like Gen X losing it's John Lennon. BULLSHIT!!! He sucked. Three chord wonder!!! John Lennon had talent, all Kobain had was a pissy attitude.

You stupid fuck. Do you realize how many of Lennon's songs only had three chords in 'em?

Fuckin' numbnuts...:rolleyes:

SilvioDante
03-18-2004, 09:27 PM
I may be a numbnuts, but I am an alive numbnuts ulike that pussy Kobain. What a hack he was.

And as far a the Beatles being overrated. We will just see if in 20 years who's songs are still being played on the radio. Or being sold for that matter.

NE169
03-18-2004, 11:29 PM
Too bad Cobain didn't make it a murder/suicide by taking Courtney with him!! :mad:

And at least Francis Bean wouldn't be a fucked up psychologically as she has to be with her mom now!!

Stevie Ray Vaughan's death was a real tragedy!

Suicide is the coward's way out!!!

faddam234
03-19-2004, 01:41 AM
If you look into it their is some evidence that he didnt shoot himself. I know that sounds like something a huge fan of nirvana would say who just couldnt let the fact go ( I found nirvana annoying regardless), But ive looked into a couple things (out of interest) and found some of the things very interesting. Check out the site if u ever get bored out of your mind.

www.justiceforkurt.com

Eyes of the Night
03-19-2004, 04:35 AM
What is done is done ...

The peeps that are retarded enough to know I guess can't see that Nirvana changed music around and dominated everything in such a short span ...

That is godly enough ...

RIP KC ...

I saw this vid by english investigators and they concluded that love hired a dude 50 grand to kill kurt ... then was thrown into some train tracks to cover it all up ...

and if you really look into it, there were no fingerprints on the trigger of that gun ... he wasn't wearing any gloves at the time either ...

:gulp:

Cool link faddam ...

SilvioDante
03-19-2004, 07:50 AM
Changed music???

Don't you mean nearly ruined???

You are most correct NE169, Kobain was a pussy... SRV, that was tragic!!

faddam234
03-19-2004, 04:37 PM
I can respect some of Kurts music but he just wasnt for me. I think the reason is that his music wasnt just rock music. It had alot of feeling in it. I respect kurt no matter what anyone says. I dont like the music that much but I respect the hell out of him. I could care less if he was an addict. Im not gonna judge someone cuz they had their own demons to take care of. The fact is that he changed the music industry in a huge way (good or bad) and anyone who can do that deserves some credit.