PDA

View Full Version : Man Killed By London Police Had Nothing To Do With Bombings

blueturk
07-23-2005, 01:04 PM
Damn! Forget about bombers in London...watch out for the cops!

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/Londonattacks/0,,2-10-1854_1742491,00.html

Shot man not connected to London bombings
23/07/2005 18:13 - (SA)

The man shot dead by police in Stockwell, south London, on Friday is not connected to the investigation into the attempted terror attacks in the capital.

Scotland Yard put out a statement saying, "We believe we now know the identity of the man shot at Stockwell Underground station by police, although he is still subject to formal identification.

"We are now satisfied that he was not connected with the incidents of Thursday 21st July 2005.

"For somebody to lose their life in such circumstances is a tragedy and one that the Metropolitan Police Service regrets."

Earlier, Metropolitan Police Commissioner Ian Blair said Friday's shooting was "directly linked to the ongoing and expanding anti-terrorist operation." He said that in confronting terrorism his officers faced "previously unknown threats and great danger."

Police have appealed to anyone at the scene to contact them.

BigBadBrian
07-23-2005, 01:17 PM
As I said in the "Another Explosion in London" thread, the police over there are just scared and just executed the poor bastard. Totally innocent. Such a pity.

UK law enforcement is a disgrace.

:gulp:

fanofdave
07-23-2005, 01:44 PM
lets see, bombers kill over 50 innocents, the police
kill 1 (ONE). yep, we better fear the police.

bottom line, if the police tell you to stop; cooperate!
you live if you cooperate; plain and simple.

blueturk
07-23-2005, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by fanofdave
lets see, bombers kill over 50 innocents, the police
kill 1 (ONE). yep, we better fear the police.

bottom line, if the police tell you to stop; cooperate!
you live if you cooperate; plain and simple.

WTF? I'm glad you weren't a cop around here when I was a teen-ager. I ran away from a cop on foot one time because I had some pot on me. I guess you would have chased me down and wasted my ass.

FORD
07-23-2005, 02:36 PM
Welcome to the Police State, Brits.

We've been there a few years already. :(

fanofdave
07-24-2005, 07:49 PM
lets take a look at your reply, ford.

when you were a young doper running with your nickel bag
in your ass pocket, we weren't on the lookout for any bombing
terrorists; therefore, i would have spared you a bullet when
you took off with your weed.

this other fellow, however, (and it is a tragic mistake that must
be answered for) ran after being asked to stop, after a second
round of bombing attempts in london. the police must and will
answer for their huge error but lets not lose touch with the bigger
issue: some suicidal jackasses killed over 50 people in four
previous bombings and 4 more suicidal idiots tried to add to that
number. in this day and age, if any police, in any country, told me
to halt and put my hands up, you bet your ass i'm staying put and
complying. what good are your rights when you end up dead?
if he thought he'd run to prove the cops were wrong in suspecting
him as a terrorist, then what a fucking waste of life to prove his
innocence by not simply freezing and proving them wrong and then
being able to walk away.

see ya at the bar, mate. your round is up.

Seshmeister
07-24-2005, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
As I said in the "Another Explosion in London" thread, the police over there are just scared and just executed the poor bastard. Totally innocent. Such a pity.

It's funny to see the people who usually swing their dicks around about blowing people away getting all uptight about this.

The basic facts are that the guys address was found beside one of the bombers at the scene. They were following him for 3 miles(I guess to see if he would meet with anyone) and plain clothes guys approached him to make an arrest when he went towards the underground.

He panicked and ran, jumped over the barrier of the underground and ran towards a train ignoring calls to stop. He was wearing a heavy quilted coat in the middle of Summer.

He tripped as he was entering the train and was pushed to the ground where one of the cops fired 5 shots into the back of his head at point blank as had been the instructions given of the only way to stop suicide bombers being able to set off bombs after the London police sent people to Palestine to find out about it earlier in the year.

It's a fuck up and a personal tradgedy but an understandable one. There had been 8 suicide bombs set off in the area in the last two weeks. If that had happened in a US city there would be tanks on the street and half the population in therapy.

How many people were shot by cops in the US last year. We average about 5 or 6? How many in error? We have one every 4 or 5 years.

Cheers!

ODShowtime
07-24-2005, 09:32 PM

Originally posted by Seshmeister
It's funny to see the people who usually swing their dicks around about blowing people away getting all uptight about this.

The basic facts are one of the cops fired 5 shots into the back of his head at point blank as had been the instructions given of the only way to stop suicide bombers being able to set off bombs

I knew this event was triggered by the cold-blooded efficiency of the London Police.

Sorry it had to come to this Shesh. :(

BBB, moronic comment as usual. ;)

Seshmeister
07-24-2005, 10:22 PM
It's not good.

Other people apart from the cop to blame for this are in approximate order

The bombers
Mohammed Atta and pals
The Saudi Government
The US Government
The British Government
The Pakistani Government
The Israeli Government
The PLO
The UK Islamic Community
The Police commander on the ground
The guy that was shot
The Brazilian Government

Cathedral
07-25-2005, 05:08 AM
Cop says, "STOP!", I STOP................end of story!

I was young once too, and on two occasions, running would most likely gotten me shot in the back.

One night in particular, especially since they thought i was someone else, and armed.

You have to put yourself in the cops position, though it doesn't excuse the outcome.
It does however help in understanding how this could happen and with any damn hope at all, take measures to keep it from happening again.

Police Officers have to face the "Unknown" at any given moment of every day on the job.
The man could very well have been a suicide bomber, and if he had been the cops would have been hero's.
But then again, if he would have stopped when told too, he most likely wouldn't be dead.

Hindsight is always 20/20.
But this should never be allowed to happen again.

DrMaddVibe
07-25-2005, 07:34 AM
Here's a clue...if a cop says "Halt!"...stop moving.

Georgevader
07-25-2005, 10:17 AM
Coming from an American!!!:confused:

FORD
07-25-2005, 10:39 AM
Do the names "Rodney King" and "Amadou Diallo" ring any bells?

Let's not forget that cops in this country have done some really stupid shit.

One would hope such incidents are the exception, and not the rule, but let's not pretend they don't happen.

Seshmeister
07-25-2005, 10:42 AM
I heard at least half the LAPD were corrupt for years...

FORD
07-25-2005, 11:09 AM

Probably true. And what's unfortunate about that is that other police departments, including Olympia's actually contracted out to training of local police from either LAPD or the people who trained LAPD.

Since then we've had a few occasions where suspects have died either as a result of chokeholds used to take them down, one from pepper spray, and at least one from a tazer. And I don't believe any of them were suspected of a violent crime.

And before any of our right wingers want to write my statements off as "anti-cop", that's not the case. Hell, I've got a clean record, so nothing's ever happenned to me personally. I have a cousin with the Seattle PD as well. But cops, just like priests or (s)elected politicians are individuals and you shouldn't assume they're always in the right.

fanofdave
07-25-2005, 12:09 PM
FORD, do you have any optimism left in you or do you
always seek the "gloom and despair" in everything?
every time you post something, the glass is half empty,
never half full.

FORD
07-25-2005, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by fanofdave
FORD, do you have any optimism left in you or do you
always seek the "gloom and despair" in everything?
every time you post something, the glass is half empty,
never half full.

I've watched my country die at the hands of criminals for the last 5 years, and people like yourself blissfully ignorant of what's going on. Doesn't exactly inspire the Mary Sunshine outlook.

Mr Grimsdale
07-25-2005, 03:16 PM
Turns out his visa had expired and he thought he was about to be deported.

Last week the government announced there were approximately 280,000 illegal immigrants in UK. Better make that 279,999 now.

BigBadBrian
07-25-2005, 03:17 PM

Heard? Where, from your barstool?

BigBadBrian
07-25-2005, 03:23 PM

It's a fuck up and a personal tradgedy but an understandable one.

Yeah, it's a fuck up alright.

Just admit it.

I guess everyone in the UK that doesn't halt when the police tells them to can not be expected to be assassinated "Mafia style" with a few to the back of the skull, huh?

I guess everyone that doesn't understand English better leave the country, right? Of course, you were against the Muslim "invasion" if I remember correctly anyway.

LoungeMachine
07-25-2005, 03:28 PM
A University of Chicago Study revealed that in 1993 approximately 700,000 police killed 330 innocent individuals, while approximately 250,000,000 private citizens only killed 30 innocent people. Do the math. That's a per capita rate for the police, of almost 4000 times higher than the population in general. OK, that is a little misleading. Let's just include the 80,000,000 gun owning citizens. Now the police are down to only a 1200 times higher accidental shooting rate than the gunowning population in general.

That still sounds high. So let's look at it in a different light. According to a study by Newsweek magazine, only 2% of civilian shootings involve an innocent person being shot (not killed). The error rate for police is 11%. What this means is that you are more than 5 times more likely to be accidentally shot by a policeman than by an armed citizen. But, when you consider that citizens shoot and kill at least twice as many criminals as do police every year, it means that, per capita, you are more than 11 times more likely to be accidentally shot by a policeman than by an armed citizen. That is as low as I can get that number.

This is not meant to be an indictment of the police. In fact, because police often live on the edge, they naturally tend to shoot first and ask questions later. Although they are trained to repress this instinct, it does not always work, as evidenced by the number of innocent people killed by police. Also, since they are generally better marksmen, they tend to kill, rather than wound or totally miss their target. The Kleck study shows that police shoot and kill around 600 criminals each year. Yet the University of Chicago study shows that police killed 330 innocent individuals in 1993. That means that for every two criminals killed by police, one innocent citizen is killed by police.

Mr Grimsdale
07-25-2005, 03:32 PM

I guess everyone that doesn't understand English better leave the country, right?

I think you're onto something there.

Ally_Kat
07-25-2005, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
A University of Chicago Study revealed that in 1993 approximately 700,000 police killed 330 innocent individuals, while approximately 250,000,000 private citizens only killed 30 innocent people. Do the math. That's a per capita rate for the police, of almost 4000 times higher than the population in general. OK, that is a little misleading. Let's just include the 80,000,000 gun owning citizens. Now the police are down to only a 1200 times higher accidental shooting rate than the gunowning population in general.

That still sounds high. So let's look at it in a different light. According to a study by Newsweek magazine, only 2% of civilian shootings involve an innocent person being shot (not killed). The error rate for police is 11%. What this means is that you are more than 5 times more likely to be accidentally shot by a policeman than by an armed citizen. But, when you consider that citizens shoot and kill at least twice as many criminals as do police every year, it means that, per capita, you are more than 11 times more likely to be accidentally shot by a policeman than by an armed citizen. That is as low as I can get that number.

This is not meant to be an indictment of the police. In fact, because police often live on the edge, they naturally tend to shoot first and ask questions later. Although they are trained to repress this instinct, it does not always work, as evidenced by the number of innocent people killed by police. Also, since they are generally better marksmen, they tend to kill, rather than wound or totally miss their target. The Kleck study shows that police shoot and kill around 600 criminals each year. Yet the University of Chicago study shows that police killed 330 innocent individuals in 1993. That means that for every two criminals killed by police, one innocent citizen is killed by police.

two things

1) 12 years old. No newer stats?

2) then tell the ghetto peeps to stop running away from the cops. If they are clean, they can't be booked for anything. Why jet in broad daylight whenever a cop gets out of his car? That just makes you look suspicious. And it doesn't help when you try to fight/harm the cop. That tends to anger them.

scorpioboy33
07-25-2005, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
two things

1) 12 years old. No newer stats?

2) then tell the ghetto peeps to stop running away from the cops. If they are clean, they can't be booked for anything. Why jet in broad daylight whenever a cop gets out of his car? That just makes you look suspicious. And it doesn't help when you try to fight/harm the cop. That tends to anger them.

you're such a racist

Seshmeister
07-25-2005, 09:37 PM
Heard? Where, from your barstool?

You would get a far better education at the bar stool next to me than that adult learning centre you go to.

Ally_Kat
07-25-2005, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by scorpioboy33
you're such a racist

Why? All races, creeds, and backgrounds live in the ghetto. My neighborhood is borderline ghetto and I was talking about random acts I see near me done by white kids. Perhaps you are the racist as you automatically assumed I was talking about any specific minority.

scorpioboy33
07-26-2005, 12:54 AM
perhaps..but nah....you're the racist ;)

Ally_Kat
07-26-2005, 01:18 AM
Funny thing to be saying about someone you don't know, but okay. Whatever you want to assume about me.

LoungeMachine
07-26-2005, 01:31 AM
Ally and Scorp.

Stop throwing the race card at each other and step back for a moment to reflect on why I even posted the [old] study

Seshmeister
07-26-2005, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Stop throwing the race card at each other and step back for a moment to reflect on why I even posted the [old] study

I thought it was just because one of us has to own BBB each day and it was your turn...

LoungeMachine
07-26-2005, 09:13 AM
I thought it was just because one of us has to own BBB each day and it was your turn...

Well, that too;)