PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one surprised that Pedro Martinez is back to the Old Pedro?

POJO_Risin
07-24-2005, 11:43 AM
I thought the guy was done...but motherfuck if the guy hasn't come back...

wins his 12th yesterday...for a crappy team...that's scrapping together wins around him...

2.79 ERA...a shitload of K's...and throwing well over 100 pitches a game again...

anyone remember when he couldn't get to the 6th?

Interesting stuff if you ask me...because it looks like the Sox should have gambled...

Va Beach VH Fan
07-24-2005, 01:14 PM
Surprising to say the least....

Bet the other teams that didn't sign him are double guessing themselves....

Brett
07-24-2005, 02:27 PM
He was pretty shaky against a terrible Dodger team yesterday. I didn't think he looked very good honestly. But I haven't been watching otherwise.

POJO_Risin
07-24-2005, 07:15 PM
He's not nearly as dominant as he was...when he was essentially capable of a no-hitter every night...

but he's 12-3...and an ERA of under 3...and for the Mets...so that's sayin' something...

he's probably top 5 right now...

Dave's PA Rental
07-24-2005, 08:06 PM
Im not surprised...and I wanted to keep Pedro.

The Red Sox were more concerned with what he does in years 3 and 4 of the proposed contract...

And Pedro's agent was NEVER going to sign with the Red Sox. The Red Sox went to Pedro's agent, asked him what it would take to sign Pedro. He gave them a list of demands...supposedly the Red Sox said OK.

Cuza then went to the Mets and said, "hey, look what the Red Sox will do...can you top it?" Cuza knew that Minaya and the Mets were desperate to sign the Dominican Pedro. The Mets said "Sure, we can top it...have a 4th year..."

Cuza went back to the Red Sox, tried to get the Sox to match the 4th year, and got turned down.

It's something that any good agent would do, but dont think that the Sox didnt want him back...