PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Land Henson

ALinChainz
03-12-2004, 08:00 PM
from www.KFFL.com

Fri, 12 Mar 2004 16:07:00 -0800

SportsLine.com's Jay Glazer after shipping a third-round draft choice to the Houston Texans for QB Drew Henson, the Dallas Cowboys reached an agreement on an eight-year deal with Henson. The deal will void to four years if he plays in 15 percent of the Cowboys' snaps this season. Henson will earn $3.5 million in guaranteed money whether or not the deal voids. If he voids the deal, he'll receive the entire $3.5 million after next season. If he doesn't void the deal, he'll receive the money over eight-years.

POJO_Risin
03-12-2004, 08:40 PM
Well...that's interesting...

So Dallas...has Henson...hmmm...do they really want Carter bringin' this guy along?

POJO_Risin
03-12-2004, 08:51 PM
Well...they freakin' traded a third round pick for him...talk about a gamble paying off for the Texans...

gave up a sixth for a third....not to shabby...

Henson's only 24...probably nearly as old as Carter...

he's got a bright future...no doubt about it...

lmfao...wonder where this leave's freakin' Tim Couch...

ALinChainz
03-12-2004, 11:09 PM
He's a better quarterback than Hutchinson was, in college and now in my opinion. This should be a little different for the Boys tis time around, and it will also be interesting to see how he plays for Parcells.

Lou
03-13-2004, 02:23 AM
My prediction is that he sucks. You can't be out of football that long and then just come right into the NFL and do well. Has he even played a down in the NFL?

ALinChainz
03-13-2004, 07:23 PM
I doubt he'll play this season. And it will be damn hard to come in after not playing for 3 years and doing well at all. But in his last college season, he had 18 TD passes and 4 INTs, and would have been right there with Carr and Harrington in the draft, some say #1.

The Cowboys sent Hutchinson to Europe to play. Might give him some trade value if he does well. Or insurance for Dallas in case Henson flops. Plus, with Parcells as coach, as compared to Campo when they signed Hutchinson, makes you think he'll have a better shot. Not to mention if he stinks, Parcells has no problem benching him.

Troy
03-14-2004, 12:03 AM
Do NFL teams value say 2nd-4th round picks more than fiesrt round picks? Is that where all the diamond in the roughs are? It just seems when I hear about the draft it about who's hanging around in the later rounds.

ALinChainz
03-14-2004, 12:27 AM
I don't know about value more, but I know as the years have moved along, they seem to value them a lot more than ever. They become valuable salary cap spots, as those later round picks are inexpensive compared to the veteran scale.

I guess alot depends on ownership and coaching philosophy too. Terrell Davis was a 6th round pick. Montana a 3rd. Not an exact science for sure. That's why the most interesting pick of the draft to me is Manning. There's the chance that he won't be as good as Peyton, but he might, and what team wants to be known for passing him up. All these wideouts are pushing the QBs down in my opinion, should be an interesting draft.

POJO_Risin
03-14-2004, 12:38 AM
Yeah...this draft has the potential of being one of those drafts that leave everyone scratching their heads...

Manning is the wild card here...

He could be damn good...he obviously didn't play on a team like Tennessee...and still put up some bad ass numbers...

so is he as good as brother?...

will SanDiego take him...trade the pick...

Will the kid from Miami be a player...or overrated because of the lack of qb's...

Is Rivers Marino?...Kosar?...or Couch...

and where will that fucker end up...as a backup...lmfao...