PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh Blasts RNC Chairman For Olive Branch To Blacks

scorpioboy33
07-26-2005, 10:46 PM
http://www.themoderatevoice.com/posts/chain_1121405490.shtml

Once upon a time there was a Republican National Committee. It wanted to defuse tensions with a group called the NAACP, and offer this as a kind of olive branch to black Americans. But then a big, bad broadcaster opposed this overture — this overture that was clearly a (rare) sign of an effort to combat at least a small bit of a monster called polarization that had taken hold of a country called the United States. And since this broadcaster had so many loyal listeners who would immediately adjust their very thinking to whatever he said, his opposition could be expected to make things more difficult to officially ease these longstanding tensions.

Who is this broadcaster seemingly standing in the schoolhouse door as the GOP leadership attempts to enter and start a dialogue with black Americans? Rush Limbaugh, of course:
Nationally syndicated radio host Rush Limbaugh blasted Republican National Committee (RNC) chairman Ken Mehlman's plans to apologize for his party's notorious Southern Strategy at the annual convention of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP). Responding to Mehlman's planned renunciation of the race-based electoral strategy, Limbaugh accused Republicans of planning "to go bend over and grab the ankles."

Though President Bush has refused to speak to the NAACP throughout his presidency, Mehlman's July 14 speech to the NAACP renounced Republican efforts to capitalize politically on white Southerners' backlash against civil rights-era legislation. In his prepared remarks, Mehlman said, "Some Republicans gave up on winning the African-American vote, looking the other way or trying to benefit politically from racial polarization. I am here today as the Republican chairman to tell you we were wrong."

In discussing the topic, Limbaugh — whom Bush described as a "good friend" in an August 2004 appearance on Limbaugh's show — referred repeatedly to the group as the "NAALCP," which he has explained stands for the "National Association for the Advancement of Liberal Colored People."
It's truly sad what has happened to Rush Limbaugh over the years.

He became a national smash hit when the first President Bush was on the scene. Limbaugh had screechingly funny song satires, a playful joy for the outrageous and the un-PC and unmatched broadcast sarcastic political schtick. No, he didn't blast both sides, but there was no one like him on the radio. And he blasted the first President Bush — until Mr. Bush was smart enough to invite Limbaugh to sleep over in the Lincoln bedroom. This (former) listener and others noted the BIG change in his show after that.

Suddenly, Rush became Mr. GOP Establishment Talking Points — the most powerful GOP operative in the country and very much aware of his vital status. His power seemingly increased with each GOP issue and electoral victory, solidifying his status as one of the most powerful (and in terms of broadcast ability talented) broadcasters in American history.

But for many who are NOT partisans — and even to some partisans, from what these GOPers tell us — he is now unlistenable due to his predictability. He needs a new schtick.

Hopefully this isn't it. Forgetting for a moment who'd politically benefit, anything the GOP could do to defuse even a tiny part of the cancer called polarization infecting this country is laudable. And while it is 100 percent within Limbaugh's right to urge the GOP bigwigs who bow down to and woo him not to conceed anything to the NAACP at all, in terms of NATIONAL political interest Limbaugh's comments don't do any more than again illustrate that he isn't the wave of the radio or political future.

It's all a pity because the original Rush Limbaugh — hated then by liberals as he is hated now — did do often unpredictable satire and didn't take himself too seriously. The old Rush would probably make a joke out of the GOP's peace feeler, using irony. Perhaps this inability to chill out and look at the bigger picture is why Limbaugh's ratings, though still still MEGA, reportedly aren't trending well as well as in the past. And he is clearly no longer considered the talker on the ascent

Unchainme
07-26-2005, 11:57 PM
Well The NAACP, did they not endorse Kerry?, Of course like every other story this was clearly tooken out of context, I listened to the whole show that day, (Thursday I believe). Clearly if you think about it a group protecting a race, such as the NAACP shouldn't endorse a political canidate. He was saying That Republicans should not aim for it because The dems already have a hold of it and that they are never going to get it. That doesn't mean that Republcans are racists and should start being racist, Its not racist, but it is true 89% of African Americans voted democrats. it very hard to explain something like that without being labled a Racist, which Is just about to happen to me Alright Ford, Lounge Take your first shot,

scorpioboy33
07-27-2005, 12:05 AM
I can KINDA see your point but why do you think that 89% of blacks are liberal. Maybe that could change. Oh well I just think that the republicans should reach out to them in fairness and to have a more opened minded approach.

Nickdfresh
07-27-2005, 12:07 AM
Most African-Americans were Republicans until around 1932. (remember LINCOLN).

Unchainme
07-27-2005, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by scorpioboy33
I can KINDA see your point but why do you think that 89% of blacks are liberal. Maybe that could change. Oh well I just think that the republicans should reach out to them in fairness and to have a more opened minded approach.

I agree that the republican party should be open minded, But will be pretty unlikely that a change will be made in getting in the black vote in the near future, maybe eventually but not right now. I really do we can work towards it though.

Loki
07-27-2005, 12:51 AM
haw haw. the storm crow hath chirped a fowl stance. again. haw haw.

tobinentinc
07-27-2005, 01:52 AM
Its just bs. The left has done nothing for the past 40 some odd years but accuse Republicans and conserveratives of being racist. When in actuality the left is more racist than the Republcan party has been. The idea that blacks and other minorities "need affirimative action" which means they are useless on their own. But the blacks and minorities have leaders telling them this.

Unchainme
07-27-2005, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by tobinentinc
Its just bs. The left has done nothing for the past 40 some odd years but accuse Republicans and conserveratives of being racist. When in actuality the left is more racist than the Republcan party has been. The idea that blacks and other minorities "need affirimative action" which means they are useless on their own. But the blacks and minorities have leaders telling them this.

Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, is the complete opposite of what Martin Luther King wanted. I don't think he wanted Civil Rights to be a Polotical issue (GOP, DEMS.), And thats what They have made it into.

Redballjets88
07-27-2005, 02:12 AM
jackson and sharpton piss me off... anytime a black person trips they run and cry racism its bs...

FORD
07-27-2005, 10:23 AM
As if this was the first racist thing Mush ever said?

Uh, Donovan McNabb, anyone?

FORD
07-27-2005, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by tobinentinc

So what have we learned on FAUX News this week...

"FDR fucked up the country"

"Liberals are racists"

"Republicans are never wrong"

Ladies and gentlemen, this is exactly what is wrong with this country. Repitition of COMPLETE AND UTTER BULLSHIT by those without the brains to question it, nor the knowledge to realize it's CRAP.

Redballjets88
07-27-2005, 10:34 AM
you are exactly the same but you say Conservatives are racist and liberals are never wrong...especially if they go by ford or dean

academic punk
07-27-2005, 10:37 AM
And how many times has Bush met with the NAACP in the five years he's been President?

What was one of the tools employed to win Florida back in 2000?

How did Bush manage to beat McCain in the 2000 primaries?

FORD
07-27-2005, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
you are exactly the same but you say Conservatives are racist and liberals are never wrong...especially if they go by ford or dean

I've never said Conservatives are racists. If someone is a racist, I'll name them specifically. Mush Limpdick is a racist. Trent Lott is a racist. Jesse Helms is a racist. That doesn't mean they all are, though many of them support racist policies without thinking about it.

As for the rest of your statement, it's a fact that Liberals are rarely wrong. Especially if they listen to FORD and Howard Dean :cool:

Redballjets88
07-27-2005, 10:46 AM
most are pussies

DUNN28
07-27-2005, 10:56 AM
Rush Limbaugh that jack ass is still around he should get off his soap box.
what a joke that dude has become!!!!

Hardrock69
07-27-2005, 11:05 AM
Fatass Limbaugh is definitely a racist asshole cocksucker.

As is GW Bush (aka chimpzilla).

Fuck those motherfuckers.
I sincerely hope that when they go to Hell they are forced to suck Long Dong Silver off for all eternity while getting fucked in the ass by his big brother.

DUNN28
07-27-2005, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Fatass Limbaugh is definitely a racist asshole cocksucker.

sounds like your not going to tune into his show today

Unchainme
07-27-2005, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by FORD
I've never said Conservatives are racists. If someone is a racist, I'll name them specifically. Mush Limpdick is a racist. Trent Lott is a racist. Jesse Helms is a racist. That doesn't mean they all are, though many of them support racist policies without thinking about it.

As for the rest of your statement, it's a fact that Liberals are rarely wrong. Especially if they listen to FORD and Howard Dean :cool:

He's not a racist, His words were taken out of context agian, nobody truly analyzed his comments all that the Dems heards were blah, blah blah blah, blah Black Quarterback. The argument he did make was a good point, Donovan McNabb had never made it The Super Bowl, and the left wanted him to succeed. Maybe not the best argument but far from racist, He also has African American guest host who fills in for him. And Also isn't there a certain Democratic Senetor from WV who used to be in the Klan?

Bluto Blutarsky
07-27-2005, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
He's not a racist, His words were taken out of context agian, nobody truly analyzed his comments all that the Dems heards were blah, blah blah blah, blah Black Quarterback. The argument he did make was a good point, Donovan McNabb had never made it The Super Bowl, and the left wanted him to succeed. Maybe not the best argument but far from racist, He also has African American guest host who fills in for him. And Also isn't there a certain Democratic Senetor from WV who used to be in the Klan?

The fact that he made an issue regarding the color of his skin shows he was a bit on the bigoted side. It fell out of his mouth after his ingesting of many painkillers.

Exactly who represented the "left" that wanted him to be successful? Did Rush ever comment about any overrated white quarterbacks or did he say the NFL just wants more white wide receivers so they could better market the game to white kids? Did he ever mention the legion of black coaches passed over for head-coaching positions? It only seems to be an issue when the player in question is black. I don't think the only thing that makes one racist is shouting the "N"-word or wearing a white hood. There are other forms of passive racism, Rush probably doesn't hate black people especially, but I sure he stays very far away from them as a whole.