PDA

View Full Version : The Classic Rock Awards

Virgil Caine
07-27-2005, 05:55 PM
sounds interesting...why choose fucking Lemmy as a living legend?

I can think of hundreds of people I would nominate instead of him.

Why does the press...particularly CRM swing from this guys nuts...let's face it, he is pretty talentless.

The nominees on that list are fucked up too.....
I wonder what CRM's definition of "Classic Rock is?

Shaun Ponsonby
07-27-2005, 06:12 PM
What is ANYONE's definition of Classic Rock?

Is it a style?
Is it only old bands?
If that is the cse, when an old band releases a new album, is that classic rock?

BTW, LEAVE LEMMY ALONE.

He is one of the most iconic people in the world of metal. He practically INVENTED thrash, and also invented a new way of playing bass. Not to mention, how kick ass MOTORHEAD are live.

I was watching the Golden God awards on ITV a few weeks ago, and Lemmy received the "Golden God Award" and received the loudest cheer of the night, despite a host of young metal bands that the kids came to see, and the invetors of Heavy Metal, Black Sabbath taking the stage.

Virgil Caine
07-27-2005, 08:44 PM
blah blah blah....Lemmy can suck a fart out of my asshole.

yeah "ace of spades ace of spades, i'm the ace of spades" - that is so inventive and original.

On inventing thrash...I would say Black Sabbath did that first...Take a listen to "symptom of the universe". Also, several songs on Judas Priest's album Stained Class are thrash metal....all of this before Motorhead's time.

How did he invent a new way to play bass...fast, poor, and loud???

For some strange reason Lemmy is the flavor of the month.
The media prop people up...and the sheep fall in line.

diamondsgirl
07-28-2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
What is ANYONE's definition of Classic Rock?

Is it a style?
Is it only old bands?
If that is the cse, when an old band releases a new album, is that classic rock?

I think its rock that is has become classic. As in, still being played 10 years after it came out.

I MUCH prefer the term classic rock over OLDIES. :D

Hardrock69
07-28-2005, 12:35 PM
Classic Rock magazine is THE GREATEST rock mag in the history of mankind.

Incredible and very lengthy interviews and articles on many different rock/metal bands from the past 40 years, usually with lotsa never before published photos and interesting info.

I have learned so much wild stuff I did not know by reading Classic Rock.

They RULE!!!
:cool:

Last_Child
07-28-2005, 01:11 PM
Yes, Classic Rock Rule... But it's so Fucking Expensive here in Norway!
(102Nkr for a Mag!)

So I'm buying it only when it's something Exciting on the front page.

Shaun Ponsonby
07-28-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Virgil Caine

yeah "ace of spades ace of spades, i'm the ace of spades" - that is so inventive and original.

On inventing thrash...I would say Black Sabbath did that first...Take a listen to "symptom of the universe". Also, several songs on Judas Priest's album Stained Class are thrash metal....all of this before Motorhead's time.

He plays bass like a normal rhythm guitarist, with the treble up, and he strums, he doesn't pluck. For example, the beginning of Ace Of Spades is a bass, not a guitar.

Motorhead began in 1975, which I believe was the same year as 'Sabotage' was released, and a number of years before "Stained Class".

The Scatologist
07-28-2005, 03:32 PM
Lemmy For Prime Minister!

IT should be renamed to the Real Rock Awards.

Shaun Ponsonby
07-28-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Virgil Caine

...besides, Sabbath and Priest aren't really considered huge influences on thrash anyways, I've heard several thrash bands say that, although they do like them, they wern't really an influence on their music. Motorhead, on the other hand, were.

Do you know what Bueno Bob calls Lemmy?

I think he used the phrase "a God amongst men". Panamark said, and I quote, "Motorhead Suck". Then, a few minutes later he said "I saw Motorhead, and although I didn't like the show much, I saw Lemmy later on, and he is one of the nicest rockstars in the world."-Well, thats not word for word, but thats the jist of it.

Name the hundreds of people who deserve it more than Lemmy?

BTW, the reason he is the flavour of the month is that it is Motorhead's 30th anniversary this year, and his 60th birthday in December.

Alex Mogilny
07-28-2005, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
...besides, Sabbath and Priest aren't really considered huge influences on thrash anyways, I've heard several thrash bands say that, although they do like them, they wern't really an influence on their music. Motorhead, on the other hand, were.

Do you know what Bueno Bob calls Lemmy?

I think he used the phrase "a God amongst men". Panamark said, and I quote, "Motorhead Suck". Then, a few minutes later he said "I saw Motorhead, and although I didn't like the show much, I saw Lemmy later on, and he is one of the nicest rockstars in the world."-Well, thats not word for word, but thats the jist of it.

Name the hundreds of people who deserve it more than Lemmy?

BTW, the reason he is the flavour of the month is that it is Motorhead's 30th anniversary this year, and his 60th birthday in December.

Shaun...you're an alright guy....I'm not gonna argue the merits of Lemmy and his impact on music.....btw, wasn't Motorhead's first album released in 1979??? 4 years after Sabotoge and 1 year after "stained class"!

FasterPussycat
07-28-2005, 09:50 PM
Wrong Thread...

Content deleted...:D

Matt White
07-29-2005, 03:06 AM
If anybody doesn't like LEMMY....

YOU CAN FUCK RIGHT OFF!!!!:rockit::rockit:

Shaun Ponsonby
08-01-2005, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Alex Mogilny
Shaun...you're an alright guy....I'm not gonna argue the merits of Lemmy and his impact on music.....btw, wasn't Motorhead's first album released in 1979??? 4 years after Sabotoge and 1 year after "stained class"!

Their first major/successful album came out in 1979.

They recorded an album in 1975 (under the Lemmy-Wallis-Fox line up), but it was shelved, and then released in 1980 under the name "On Parole". This was the same year as "Sabotage".

They recorded an identical album in 1977 for another record label (with the Lemmy-Clarke-Taylor line up), this was self-titled. This was a year before "Stained Class"

In 1978 they recorded a single for yet another label, this was a cover of "Louie Louie". This was the year that "Stained Class" was released.

In 1979 they released the "Overkill" and "Bomber" albums.

Dirty Duck
08-26-2005, 02:13 PM
To start off...Im a new recruit and i want to say What's up to the Roth army!!! You guys rule. I feel very special being a part of a great army. Now lets get down to buisness. What the fuck is up with the fact that you cannot find any Classic Van Halen shirts anywhere? Ac dc, zepplin ect. i love those groups ...but christ...whats up? it;s like van halen never exsisted with roth??

Mr. Vengeance
08-26-2005, 02:20 PM
"Who'd win in a fight? God or Lemmy"
"Trick question dickwad-Lemmy IS god."

- From the Movie Airheads

Shaun Ponsonby
08-26-2005, 03:28 PM
Indeed...

Wawazat
08-26-2005, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Dirty Duck
What the fuck is up with the fact that you cannot find any Classic Van Halen shirts anywhere? Ac dc, zepplin ect. i love those groups ...but christ...whats up? it;s like van halen never exsisted with roth??

Buy 1 of DLR´s Shirt :D