PDA

View Full Version : Naked Man Busted Trying To Find Forrest Gump's House...

Hardrock69
07-27-2005, 03:17 PM
LITTLEVILLE, Ala. -
A 26-year-old vagrant was charged with indecent exposure after police found him standing naked in a cornfield chewing on a cob near a country club. "He said he wanted to see the house where Forrest Gump lived," said Police Chief William Nale.

Gump is the fictional character in a novel by Alabama author Winston Groom that became a hit movie.

The Littleville police chief declined to release the man's name Tuesday but said his family lives in Michigan and he had been in a California institution earlier this year. After his arrest, the man was taken for a mental evaluation.

He was spotted Monday morning near twin Pines Country Club.

"He was standing in a cornfield, picking the corn and eating it raw," Nale said. "He didn't have anything on, not even his shoes. He was as naked as the day he was born."

Authorities said the man was taken into custody without any trouble.

"I asked him where his clothes were and he said he got hot (Sunday night), took them off and laid them on the railroad tracks and then couldn't remember where they were," Nale said.

The suspect told authorities that he was a homeless drifter following the railroad tracks to south Alabama, where he thought he would find the Gump home.

mewisemagic
07-27-2005, 03:57 PM
Cool Story..

BenJammin
07-27-2005, 08:39 PM
OMG! I'm from near there. I know that police chief! Actually quite familiar with him... he arrested me once too! LMFAO!

(but I wasn't naked in a field, just out of my mind on 'illicit' substances trying to drive my car).

BTW, as far as I know, the area has nothing to do with the fictional rendering of Forrest Gump.

Soul Reaper
07-28-2005, 09:24 AM
Madness...

Hardrock69
07-28-2005, 09:25 AM
ABALAMA!!!!

:D

Soul Reaper
07-28-2005, 09:41 AM
RUN, FORREST, RUN!!!

BenJammin
07-28-2005, 08:33 PM
William Nale used to be a dogcatcher,
then a regular cop in Russellville, AL
then a detective " "

Apparently he took the chief job in Littleville (next town over).

Wow, bet the people back home are having a big laugh about the naked guy.

"...It's is a small world after all " la-la-la

Matt White
08-01-2005, 12:54 AM
Move Ovah Rovah!!!!

thome
08-01-2005, 11:37 PM
Hey' I'm jus tryin to find a ride home !