PDA

View Full Version : the greatest play you've seen with your own eyes

VHdamaco
07-28-2005, 02:15 AM
since pojo has been doing a bunch of best of lists lately, i'd figure i'd beat him to the punch with this one...

plain and simple, what is the greatest play you have seen with your own eyes (not on highlight reels, either on live tv or in the stands)...

me being younger and not being able to see most of the greatest plays, the only ones that come to my mind that i saw was the monday night packers and vikings game when freeman caught the pass off of his back while he was on the ground in ot and the one last year when the colt (i think it might've been dwight freeny) caught the ball behind his back when he was running forward...

granted i know these don't compare to the true best, but using the stipulation that i set, these are the only ones that would work...

still amazing acts considering how they both needed to be at the right place, right time, etc...

thoughts?...

Va Beach VH Fan
07-28-2005, 08:45 PM
I made a group trip to Orchard Park, NY in about '76 or so...The Bills were playing the BALTIMORE Colts...One of the people in the group were related to one of the D-lineman of the Colts (so long ago I can't remember who it was)....

We had good seats about 10 rows back at about the 10 yard line....

I believe the Bills threw a long pass to one of their receivers, who was horizontal, about 4 feet in the air, and caught it with one hand....

I used to see it on highlight shows all the time, but since it's been almost 30 years now, don't hardly ever see it anymore....

Dave's PA Rental
07-28-2005, 11:07 PM
I was at the Raiders/Pats playoff game in the snow...

Vineteri's 45 yarder in 6 inches of snow to tie the game as regulation expired (Gruden ATE two of his second-half timeouts...what an overrated coach...).

That ball never got more than an inch or two higher than the crossbar...

knuckleboner
07-29-2005, 10:33 AM
one that stands out involves over-the-hill jordan. (yes, i was a bullets fan far before, and after, jordan joined.)

but at one particular game against the bulls, as time wound down, with the bulls up by 1, jordan scores a bucket. nothing spectular. but, it put the wiz ahead with just seconds remaining. arena erupts.

the bulls drive the court and somebody goes up for either a dunk or a layup and from behind, jordan blocks the shot by pinning it directly against the backboard. place exploded.

yes, wizards-MJ was no bulls-MJ; but that one sequence was pretty damn amazing.

VHdamaco
07-29-2005, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
one that stands out involves over-the-hill jordan. (yes, i was a bullets fan far before, and after, jordan joined.)

but at one particular game against the bulls, as time wound down, with the bulls up by 1, jordan scores a bucket. nothing spectular. but, it put the wiz ahead with just seconds remaining. arena erupts.

the bulls drive the court and somebody goes up for either a dunk or a layup and from behind, jordan blocks the shot by pinning it directly against the backboard. place exploded.

yes, wizards-MJ was no bulls-MJ; but that one sequence was pretty damn amazing.

shit... i forgot about that...

that was pretty amazing...