PDA

View Full Version : Sammartino steppin in the ring again at 70 ?

frets5150
07-28-2005, 04:50 AM
The wrestling world has been waiting for Bruno Sammartino's response to the challenge of Larry Zbyszko. WrestleReunion promoters Sal Corrente and Rob Russen have been pulling out all stops in an attempt to get Sammartino to step back in the ring for the first time in years. It eventually became clear that, though Bruno would love to shove Zbyszko's arrogance down his throat one more time, he would not be accepting Zbyszko's challenge.
However, in an interesting turn of events, former 3-time WCW Champion Diamond Dallas Page has come forward and asked for and received the blessing of Bruno Sammartino to step in and accept the challenge of Larry Zbyszko on behalf of Sammartino. As everyone knows, DDP grew up in New Jersey and, as a young man, watched the Sammartino-Zbyszko feud first hand. Page idolized Bruno Sammartino for many years and was appalled that Larry had the nerve to challenge a man of seventy years old to step back in the ring.
Larry has accepted DDP's offer on one condition ...that if he beats Page then he gets Bruno Sammartino alone in the ring for five minutes. Bruno has agreed to the stipulation and has also committed to be in DDP'S corner for the match at WrestleReunion2.

http://www.wrestlereunion.com/

:D

Va Beach VH Fan
07-28-2005, 08:46 PM
I saw Bruno on Sportsbeat in P-burgh a couple of months ago (he's a Burgh boy)...

He looks like he's still in great shape, but that's for a 70 year old....

VonHalen
07-28-2005, 09:07 PM
i remember that match, damn im old

frets5150
07-28-2005, 10:14 PM
I was at Shea that night Sammartino kicked the shit out of Zbyszko in the cage match.And yes he can do it again.

frets5150
07-28-2005, 10:32 PM

frets5150
07-28-2005, 10:58 PM
Geeze now i feel old :(