PDA

View Full Version : Computer Help, Spyware/Virus Software + Removal Help

smaz
07-29-2005, 07:25 PM
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/You_Must_Read_This_Before_Posting_A_Hijackthis_Log-t2852.html

I recently got struck by a virus :( Googling the virus, it came up with the above site. I looked around, and they have the above page on help with finding and removing spyware, malware, trojans and viruses. I have anti-virus stuff on this PC, however it slipped past. I downloaded a couple of things from that page, and it picked up several things. I'd recommend downloading the 'ewido' trojan/virus remover, it's very good, picks up objects my other one (McAffee) didn't.

Also, if you've been struck by a virus, they have a piece of software that analyses all the processes being run on your computer, and can stop any of them, meaning you can stop viruses that you can't detect and stop any other way. You can post the logs from it, and the experts there will go through step by step in getting rid of all unwanted processes.

Also, if you've got any other PC/Operating System problems, they can help with that too.

Just thought I'd share, it helped me........... :)

blonddgirl777
08-01-2005, 12:54 AM
Sorry... just trying to get rid of the big ugly thread (by bumping this one)...