X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kentuckyklira
    Veteran
    • Sep 2004

The USA and free trade!

As if we didn´t know this already, the Bush fraudministration is once again saying "fuck you" to international treaties and agreements. This time those of the WTO.

So, after the EU and Canada (hear hear) Japan is going to apply extra tolls on certain US products.

Once again the US administration expects everyone else except the USA to stick to the rules!
    http://images.zeit.de/gesellschaft/z...ie-540x304.jpg
  • Angel
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by kentuckyklira
    Once again the US administration expects everyone else except the USA to stick to the rules!
    They've broken WTO rules numerous times when it comes to our softwood lumber. We are getting smarter though. We are now building our own slaughter houses so that we don't have to rely on US to slaughter our cattle, and plans for an oil pipeline to Illinois are now on hold. They're thinking they might be better off to build the pipeline to the West coast, so that they can ship the oil overseas.
    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Phil theStalker
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Re: The USA and free trade!

Originally posted by kentuckyklira
      As if we didn´t know this already, the Bush fraudministration is once again saying "fuck you" to international treaties and agreements. This time those of the WTO.

So, after the EU and Canada (hear hear) Japan is going to apply extra tolls on certain US products.

My focus is how can a free market nation have free trade with any communist nation such as communist Red China.

Yeh, they're still RED China and still properly called Red China, but not in your scum bag newpapers and media - and governments. Nope.

It's later than you... it's too-oo-oo late.

Add to Ignore list

Comment

• kentuckyklira
        Veteran
        • Sep 2004

Re: Re: The USA and free trade!

Originally posted by Phil theStalker
        My focus is how can a free market nation have free trade with any communist nation such as communist Red China.

Yeh, they're still RED China and still properly called Red China, but not in your scum bag newpapers and media - and governments. Nope.

It's later than you... it's too-oo-oo late.

It´s all a question of convenience. Let the Chinese do the dirty work, now that US manufacturing workers have such things as "rights" and "unions". Gone are the times national guardsmen could shoot the odd dozen striking workers at places like the Pullman factory a hundred years ago, so gone are the jobs to China!
        http://images.zeit.de/gesellschaft/z...ie-540x304.jpg

Comment

• Angel
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

China is Canada's second largest trading partner after the USA. I'm hoping they become our largest real soon!
          "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• BigBadBrian
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Angel
            China is Canada's second largest trading partner after the USA. I'm hoping they become our largest real soon!

They probably will after you keep ordering that Kung Pao Shrimp and puffing up like a Guernsey Cow.

“If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Angel
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
              They probably will after you keep ordering that Kung Pao Shrimp and puffing up like a Guernsey Cow.

I HATE seafood. Give me some hot & spicy Ginger Beef or Hot & Sour soup anyday!! (Spicy foods speed up the metabolism, BBB - you should try it sometime.) With the amount of time you spend on your ass, I'm guessing your metabolism needs all the help it can get.

Where's JA these days? I miss his intelligence....

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Angel
                I HATE seafood. Give me some hot & spicy Ginger Beef or Hot & Sour soup anyday!! (Spicy foods speed up the metabolism, BBB - you should try it sometime.) With the amount of time you spend on your ass, I'm guessing your metabolism needs all the help it can get.

Where's JA these days? I miss his intelligence....

You're missing ANY kind of intelligence.

Keep trying, dear.

“If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Angel
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                  You're missing ANY kind of intelligence.
                  Reading your posts? Yes, intelligence is lacking around here!

Always nice to have you around during PMS week though Brian, keeps my marriage together if I take it out on you instead.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                    Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Like the USA breaking the rules is even news anymore! Try telling me when they DON'T break the rules for their own benefit, and I'll pay attention.
                    Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Yeah the US as the bastion of free trade and a model of free capitalism is one of the biggest myths going.

America and the EU(mainly France) indirectly cause the starvation of millions in the third world every year by not allowing them to trade fairly. It's bizarre that it's thought that the protecting the welfare of 5% of our population that make up the agricultural sector is worth keeping millions of the poorest people in the world in abject poverty.

Plus as taxpayers we not only have to subsidise farmers we then have to send aid to the people damaged by those subsidies.

Yet it's absolutely fine to lose our manufacturing if it's uneconomical.

As I said totally fucking bizarre...

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                        Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        Yeah the US as the bastion of free trade and a model of free capitalism is one of the biggest myths going.

America and the EU(mainly France) indirectly cause the starvation of millions in the third world every year by not allowing them to trade fairly. It's bizarre that it's thought that the protecting the welfare of 5% of our population that make up the agricultural sector is worth keeping millions of the poorest people in the world in abject poverty.

Plus as taxpayers we not only have to subsidise farmers we then have to send aid to the people damaged by those subsidies.

Yet it's absolutely fine to lose our manufacturing if it's uneconomical.

As I said totally fucking bizarre...
                        Well said!
                        Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

Working...