PDA

View Full Version : The USA and free trade!

kentuckyklira
08-01-2005, 11:18 AM
As if we didnīt know this already, the Bush fraudministration is once again saying "fuck you" to international treaties and agreements. This time those of the WTO.

So, after the EU and Canada (hear hear) Japan is going to apply extra tolls on certain US products.

Once again the US administration expects everyone else except the USA to stick to the rules!

Angel
08-03-2005, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by kentuckyklira
Once again the US administration expects everyone else except the USA to stick to the rules!

They've broken WTO rules numerous times when it comes to our softwood lumber. We are getting smarter though. We are now building our own slaughter houses so that we don't have to rely on US to slaughter our cattle, and plans for an oil pipeline to Illinois are now on hold. They're thinking they might be better off to build the pipeline to the West coast, so that they can ship the oil overseas. :)

Phil theStalker
08-03-2005, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by kentuckyklira
As if we didnīt know this already, the Bush fraudministration is once again saying "fuck you" to international treaties and agreements. This time those of the WTO.

So, after the EU and Canada (hear hear) Japan is going to apply extra tolls on certain US products.

My focus is how can a free market nation have free trade with any communist nation such as communist Red China.

Yeh, they're still RED China and still properly called Red China, but not in your scum bag newpapers and media - and governments. Nope.

It's later than you... it's too-oo-oo late.

:spank:

kentuckyklira
08-03-2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Phil theStalker
My focus is how can a free market nation have free trade with any communist nation such as communist Red China.

Yeh, they're still RED China and still properly called Red China, but not in your scum bag newpapers and media - and governments. Nope.

It's later than you... it's too-oo-oo late.

:spank: Itīs all a question of convenience. Let the Chinese do the dirty work, now that US manufacturing workers have such things as "rights" and "unions". Gone are the times national guardsmen could shoot the odd dozen striking workers at places like the Pullman factory a hundred years ago, so gone are the jobs to China!

Angel
08-03-2005, 06:28 PM
China is Canada's second largest trading partner after the USA. I'm hoping they become our largest real soon! ;)

BigBadBrian
08-03-2005, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Angel
China is Canada's second largest trading partner after the USA. I'm hoping they become our largest real soon! ;)

They probably will after you keep ordering that Kung Pao Shrimp and puffing up like a Guernsey Cow.

:gulp:

Angel
08-04-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
They probably will after you keep ordering that Kung Pao Shrimp and puffing up like a Guernsey Cow.

I HATE seafood. Give me some hot & spicy Ginger Beef or Hot & Sour soup anyday!! (Spicy foods speed up the metabolism, BBB - you should try it sometime.) With the amount of time you spend on your ass, I'm guessing your metabolism needs all the help it can get.

Where's JA these days? I miss his intelligence....

BigBadBrian
08-04-2005, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Angel
I HATE seafood. Give me some hot & spicy Ginger Beef or Hot & Sour soup anyday!! (Spicy foods speed up the metabolism, BBB - you should try it sometime.) With the amount of time you spend on your ass, I'm guessing your metabolism needs all the help it can get.

Where's JA these days? I miss his intelligence....

You're missing ANY kind of intelligence. ;)

Keep trying, dear.

Angel
08-04-2005, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
You're missing ANY kind of intelligence. ;)

Reading your posts? Yes, intelligence is lacking around here! ;)

Always nice to have you around during PMS week though Brian, keeps my marriage together if I take it out on you instead.

Mr. Vengeance
08-05-2005, 07:46 PM
HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Like the USA breaking the rules is even news anymore! Try telling me when they DON'T break the rules for their own benefit, and I'll pay attention.

Seshmeister
08-05-2005, 10:01 PM
Yeah the US as the bastion of free trade and a model of free capitalism is one of the biggest myths going.

America and the EU(mainly France) indirectly cause the starvation of millions in the third world every year by not allowing them to trade fairly. It's bizarre that it's thought that the protecting the welfare of 5% of our population that make up the agricultural sector is worth keeping millions of the poorest people in the world in abject poverty.

Plus as taxpayers we not only have to subsidise farmers we then have to send aid to the people damaged by those subsidies.

Yet it's absolutely fine to lose our manufacturing if it's uneconomical.

As I said totally fucking bizarre...

Mr. Vengeance
08-05-2005, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Yeah the US as the bastion of free trade and a model of free capitalism is one of the biggest myths going.

America and the EU(mainly France) indirectly cause the starvation of millions in the third world every year by not allowing them to trade fairly. It's bizarre that it's thought that the protecting the welfare of 5% of our population that make up the agricultural sector is worth keeping millions of the poorest people in the world in abject poverty.

Plus as taxpayers we not only have to subsidise farmers we then have to send aid to the people damaged by those subsidies.

Yet it's absolutely fine to lose our manufacturing if it's uneconomical.

As I said totally fucking bizarre...

Well said!