PDA

View Full Version : "Van Halen : The Unreleased" 4 CD set at STG!

Satan
03-15-2004, 03:09 AM
If you got the bandwidth, you might want to check this out. Used to have most of it on MP3. You can always delete the Van Hagar shit :cool:

And those fucking George Lynch songs that $tarks and the VHML idiots thought were "Greg Stafford Mammoth Demos"

bukowsky
03-15-2004, 04:10 AM
where can I find the demos?

Satan
03-15-2004, 09:41 AM
You have to register at www.sharingthegroove.org The download is there.

bukowsky
03-15-2004, 09:54 AM
aaaahhh .... thanks ... was wondering, what STG meant ... ;)

Lou
03-15-2004, 06:14 PM
You know I didn't know this was a $tark$/VHML product. But that fucker didn't allow you talk about bootlegs on the "official" site...what a hypocrite. I bet he's got all the known Van Halen/Van Hagar/Van Danniels boots out there.

Rebel
03-15-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Lou
You know I didn't know this was a $tark$/VHML product. But that fucker didn't allow you talk about bootlegs on the "official" site...what a hypocrite. I bet he's got all the known Van Halen/Van Hagar/Van Danniels boots out there.

He does, kinda ridiculous IMO

FORD
03-16-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Lou

Probably because the band, Danniels, and WB all had a stake in the website. $tarks would have given the appearance of the band and the label promoting bootlegs.

The VHML, under $tarks "leadership" actually assembled this compilation in 1996, long before he was named the official VH webmasterbator.

Dave's PA Rental
03-19-2004, 04:44 PM
While I am very glad to have downloaded this...I gotta say that I have cleaner versions of some of those demos AND the live stuff...(not everything, but some). So how do my 20 year old Maxell tapes manage to sound better than stuff REMIXED AT 5150!!!????

Bradman. Thats how.

FORD...did you get my "Mix-tape: Live And Demos" from a month or two ago?

Eyes of the Night
03-21-2004, 05:20 AM
I've had this CD for over 3 years and just now noticed that the only second version of "eyes of the night" is on that first disc ... lmao

Shows you how much I listened to it ... but hey it's really fucking cool now second time around!

:gulp:

Eyes of the Night
03-21-2004, 07:34 AM
Btw, disc 2 is da best of them all ...

Who is David Lee Roth?

Sarge's Little Helper
03-21-2004, 07:34 AM
Btw, disc 2 is da best of them all ...

Who is David Lee Roth?

Diamond Dave is the supreme Toastmaster General of the immoral majority.. the King of Any and All Things Rock n\' Roll. Bar none he is the greatest Frontman in Rock n Roll History!

Eyes of the Night
03-23-2004, 08:16 AM
Just was listening to "young man blues" on CD 3 and even though it's Slapnuts singing *I* saw through the cheese and heard blues rock like Vai would do but it's Ed ...

Total trip ... sounded badass:o ...

Eyes of the Night
03-23-2004, 08:17 AM
Unchained Spammy? ... Sad indeed ... track after young man blues ... will wait for da solo ...

Eyes of the Night
03-23-2004, 08:18 AM
Who is Sammy Hagar?

Weak solo btw ...

Sarge's Little Helper
03-23-2004, 08:18 AM
Who is Sammy Hagar?

Weak solo btw ...

David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..

Eyes of the Night
03-23-2004, 08:23 AM
Rockin in the freeee world after that? ...

Like Ford said SKIP the cheese but I hear Ed and it WAS a really good solo ...

Ed is the man of innovatavness ...

n' shit

Eyes of the Night
03-23-2004, 08:34 AM
The Ocean/communication breakdown ... a slapnut Zepp cover was kinda cool too? ... first zep cover I've ever heard ...

Eyes of the Night
03-23-2004, 08:37 AM
and dazed and confused? Good lord ... all this slapnuts is killing me but remember I'm listening THROUGH the cheese y'all ...

Eyes of the Night
03-23-2004, 08:51 AM
Now I'm pissed ...

Crossroads?

Why didn't I ever hear any covers like this before when DLR was in the band? ...

Eyes of the Night
03-23-2004, 09:04 AM
Fur Elise? ...

Must have for Ed fans because it's only Eddie ... doin' what? Betoveen?

Eyes of the Night
03-23-2004, 09:47 AM
ATBL is WAY cool though cause DLR is speaking brazilian n' shit!:D ...

FORD
03-23-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Daves PA rental
While I am very glad to have downloaded this...I gotta say that I have cleaner versions of some of those demos AND the live stuff...(not everything, but some). So how do my 20 year old Maxell tapes manage to sound better than stuff REMIXED AT 5150!!!????

Bradman. Thats how.

FORD...did you get my "Mix-tape: Live And Demos" from a month or two ago?

I missed that one :(

But it looks like the "remixed" US Fest tracks are on the current "Metal Day" compilation over there, and I'm all over that one like Sammy on a pound of cheddar :cool:

Mr Walker
03-23-2004, 11:17 AM
Although the seeding of this 4cd set was an awesome undertaking... there was no way I was gonna tie up my computer for days to grab something with Fagar on it...

On the other hand, the show that Daves PA Rental (that one that he doesn't want mentioned ;) ) seeded is fucking astounding, well worth the effort!