PDA

View Full Version : Time for Maiden!

Mr. Vengeance
08-03-2005, 09:47 AM
In a few hours I will be sipping, okay gulping, beers at the little restuarant near the Molson Ampitheatre, readying for the assault of Maiden!!!! As per usual, they are calling for rain, which happens every time we go see Maiden, but we are up close so no worries!

I'm kind of curious to see what these guys Mastadon are all about. I can't tell if they are legit, or just new-metal, downtuned losers.

Vinnie Velvet
08-03-2005, 03:17 PM
Cool.

Be sure to post up a review of the show!

VonHalen
08-04-2005, 04:30 PM
nice, drink a few for me

RuzDNailz
08-04-2005, 05:31 PM
Where were your seats? I was over at section 200.

hollywood5150
08-04-2005, 06:01 PM
back in 1992 I heard mastadon was cool, but it probably isn't the same band....

mastadon now is pretty much Nu-metal at its finest, so i've heard.

personallY dont like anything nu-metal.

Mr. Vengeance
08-04-2005, 06:19 PM
I was in section 203, row d, great seats.

Mastodon sucks shit. Just horrid. They did an okay Thin Lizzy tune at the end of their set.

You knew this was going to be a great show when they opened with Murders in the Rue Morgue. After another couple of old tunes, Bruce informed the crowd that this was going to be a different kind of show, because they were only going to play songs from the first four albums. This brought a huge ovation from the crowd. Oldies were trotted out- Remember Tomorrow, Running Free, Sanctuary, Transylvania, Phantom of the Opera, Plus the big hits from Number of the Beast. Some killer tunes from Piece of Mind, like The Trooper and Die with Your Boots On, Revelations.

The band sounded great last night. Bruce was hitting the high notes and had the crowd on it's feet all night. The guy has serious energy still in 2005! The three guitar attack was good, although Jannick Gears seemed to be more intersted in tossing his guitar around more than playing sometimes.

Great show.

bueno bob
08-04-2005, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by VonHalen
nice, drink a few for me

I'll have some of your signature...

fret_buzz_blues
08-06-2005, 07:25 PM
Maiden? Damn, reminds me I can't see them. But man, that show sounds awesome!!