PDA

View Full Version : Allen Iverson is a cocksucker!

Bob_R
03-15-2004, 08:19 PM
Sunday, March 14, 2004
Updated: March 15, 1:21 PM ET

Associated Press
AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- Allen Iverson said he was ready to play in Sunday's 85-69 loss to the Detroit Pistons but changed his mind after 76ers coach Chris Ford told him he'd come off the bench.

"I'm a starter. I've been a starter here for eight years. I'm not a sixth man," Iverson said after the game. "I'm a starter. I know in this league ... if someone comes back from an injury, if he's a starter he starts. What's the difference? If you're going to cut my time down, cut my time down. It doesn't make any difference. I'm a starter."

Iverson has been hampered by a swollen right knee, which caused him to miss three straight games before Sunday. The league's second-leading scorer participated in the shootaround before the game but was on the Sixers' bench in street clothes at tip-off.

After the game, he said he "was already taped and everything and had my uniform on. I had to take it back off, so that was rough."

"I feel real disappointed because I told the trainers I was going to play," Iverson said. "He (Ford) said I hadn't run up and down the court, and he wasn't sure about my conditioning."

Ford and Iverson have had a rocky relationship since the coach replaced the fired Randy Ayers on Feb. 9.

"I didn't know he was going to attempt to play until how much time was left on the (pre-game) clock? Not much," Ford said. "From my understanding and what I was told yesterday after his workout, I'm going to look out for A.I. and the team. Somebody's got to make decisions around here."

POJO_Risin
03-15-2004, 09:24 PM
Yeah...I saw that...

like I said...he's exactly what everyone thought he was when he came to the NBA...and idiot...

Larry Brown was his perfect coach...because his expectations were high for Iverson...which Allen often tested...but always lost...

but I'm sure it was a 24 hour a day job for Brown...which is why he's in Detroit now...

This should show everyone what kind of coach Larry Brown is...

Lou
03-15-2004, 09:26 PM
What sucks is that I don't think the Sixers could even give him away. And that's all I'm hoping for, that they can somehow give him away, that some team is dumb enough to want him even if they didn't have to give up anything.

POJO_Risin
03-15-2004, 09:49 PM
Trust me...they'll get something for him...

If Sprewell can get the money...so can Iverson...

they'll parlay it into something...

NE169
03-17-2004, 09:16 PM
The Bulls could use him--they can use anybody!!

Iverson's the first guy i heard who thinks starting is more important than finishing in crunch time.

Chris Ford should bench his ass with 4 minutes left in a tight game!!

ALinChainz
03-18-2004, 05:01 PM
Deal him while he still has some value. The guy's a coach killer, no question. That career 27 point scoring average is nice, absolutely. But he's no team leader, no team captain, no team player.

Lou
03-19-2004, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by NE169
The Bulls could use him--they can use anybody!!

Iverson's the first guy i heard who thinks starting is more important than finishing in crunch time.

Chris Ford should bench his ass with 4 minutes left in a tight game!!

He should bench him during that time because he has yet to hit a game-winning or game-tying shot in the last 10 seconds of play in his WHOLE career. The other night in Memphis he did it again, missed a game-tying 3 because he's too short to get a shot off. He also had a lousy second half in Memphis scoring no points...gee you think maybe Chris Ford was right that he wasn't conditioned enough to play a full game?

Then against New Orleans he gets 20 points on 23 shots. That's what he does, takes a ridiculous amount of shots to get his points. There are at least 30 guys in the NBA in my opinion where if they took the amount of shots he took, they'd score 30 points a game.

His teamates can't stand him BTW and were happy that Chris Ford disciplined him. They were HAPPY that he wasn't playing that string of games. Yeah they were less talented but nevertheless were playing better without Iverson in the lineup.

I hope he's gone next year, that's all I got to say. If I were running the Sixers I'd tell any team, "Hey, we'll give him away for any slop you want so long as the money matches up."

Sammy Who??
03-19-2004, 10:27 AM
thank goodness for him he's a basketball player or he'd be a criminal

MikeVanHln
03-21-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Sammy Who??
thank goodness for him he's a basketball player or he'd be a criminal

Actually, he does have a record...