Clear All
  • LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

CHIMP off to Record Setting Vacation While Soldiers Die by the Dozens

Bush poised to set vacationing record
    Visits to Crawford outpacing Reagan
    By Jim VandeHei and Peter Baker, Washington Post | August 3, 2005

WACO, Texas -- President Bush is getting the kind of break most Americans can only dream of -- 33 days away from the office, loaded with vacation time.

The president departed yesterday for his longest stretch away from the White House, arriving at his Crawford ranch in the evening for five weeks of clearing brush, visiting with family and friends, and tending to some outside-the-Beltway politics. By historical standards, it is the longest presidential retreat in at least 36 years.

The August getaway is Bush's 49th trip to his cherished ranch since taking office and the 319th day that Bush has spent, entirely or partially, in Crawford -- nearly 20 percent of his presidency to date, according to Mark Knoller, a CBS Radio reporter known for keeping better records of the president's travel than the White House itself. Weekends at Camp David or at his parents' compound in Kennebunkport, Maine, bump up the proportion of Bush's time away from Washington even further.

Bush's long vacations are more than a curiosity: They play into diametrically opposite arguments about this leadership style. To critics and late-night comics, they symbolize a lackadaisical approach to the world's most important day job, an impression bolstered by Bush's two-hour midday exercise sessions and his disinclination to work nights or weekends. The more vociferous among Bush's foes have noted that he spent a month at the ranch shortly before the 9/11 attacks, when critics assert he should have been more attentive to warning signs.

To Bush and his advisers, that criticism fundamentally misunderstands his Texas sojourns. Those who think he does not remain in command, aides say, do not understand the modern presidency or Bush's own work habits. At the ranch, White House officials say, Bush continues to receive daily national security briefings, sign documents, hold teleconferences with aides and military commanders, and even meet with foreign leaders. And from the president's point of view, the long Texas stints are the best way to clear his mind and reconnect with everyday America.

''I'm looking forward to getting down there and just kind of settling in," Bush told reporters from Texas newspapers during a Monday interview at the White House.

Just as Bush has made these August trips a regular feature of his presidency, so, too, have Democrats made a tradition of needling him about them. This year, opposition politicians are tying his departure from Washington to the CIA leak case that has swept up his top adviser, Karl Rove.

Until now, probably no modern president was a more famous vacationer than Ronald Reagan. According to an Associated Press count, Reagan spent all or part of 335 days at his Santa Barbara ranch over his eight-year presidency -- a total that Bush will surpass this month in Crawford with 3 1/2 years left in his second term.

Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?
  • Redballjets88
    Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

i took a vacation last week does that make me unamerican... he has the most stressful job on earth he probably needs a vacation
    R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Looks like they need the monkey out of the way again to plan the next "terrorist attack"

Forcing Adolf Bolton into the UN was no mere act of arrogance. They needed him there for a reason.

Enjoy this month kids, because something really fucked up is gonna happen in September or October. You heard it here first.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Redballjets88
        Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

and if it doesnt then i will throw this back in your face and will be your unadulturated master

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

Comment

• LoungeMachine
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Redballjets88
          i took a vacation last week does that make me unamerican... he has the most stressful job on earth he probably needs a vacation
          Jesus Christ you're a fucking moron.

Nice comparison, dickwad.

Pre-pube asshole who can't even vote, shut the fuck up.

Did your daddy teach you the "call them unamerican" bullshit?

Go clean your room

Comment

• LoungeMachine
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

and if it doesnt then i will throw this back in your face and will be your unadulturated master
            How was Disneyland?

Did mommy buy you cool stuff?

Comment

• Redballjets88
              Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

yeah pre-prubecent....when did you hit puberty? bc 17 is just a tad past that time of life.

once again just bc i cant vote doesnt mean i dont have an opinion

and last it is a compairison bc you are calling bush out bc he is going on vaction...i just went on vaction...the main point of each sentece is vacation

good job lounge at sucking ass

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

You aren't the master of anyone, punk.

Go enlist, tough guy

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

and last it is a compairison bc you are calling bush out bc he is going on vaction...i just went on vaction...the main point of each sentece is vacation

HUKED ON FONIKS WURKS FER ME

[No Child Left Behind]

Stay in School, Gump.

Comment

• Redballjets88
                    Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

did i say i was? no i said i will be when ford is wrong.

enlisting has nothing to do with whats going on in this thread. if i were to enlist it would be for a war i actually have interest in.... iraq is bs for the most part. i would enlist if we fought a war that meant something

Comment

• Redballjets88
                      Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

HUKED ON FONIKS WURKS FER ME
                      hey why dont ya quit with the stupidty and actually make a point that has some validity to the arguement

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Well, I guess BIG TRAIN and GUITAR SHARK are right...Americans are lazy and stupid.

Comment

• blueturk
                          Veteran
                          • Jul 2004

enlisting has nothing to do with whats going on in this thread. if i were to enlist it would be for a war i actually have interest in....
                          Yes, it's always good to try to find a war you're interested in...maybe we can start a Britney vs. Christina war. That should interest you, young sheep.

Comment

• blueturk
                            Veteran
                            • Jul 2004

"Reading is the basics for all learning." —George W. Bush, announcing his "Reading First" initiative in Reston, Va., March 28, 2000

Comment

• blueturk
                              Veteran
                              • Jul 2004

hey why dont ya quit with the stupidty and actually make a point that has some validity to the arguement

"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" —George W. Bush, Florence, South Carolina, Jan. 11, 2000

Comment

Working...