PDA

View Full Version : I Bought Diamond Dave today

bigc
08-04-2005, 11:19 AM
I know alot of you are critical of the album, but I thought out of loyalty to the legend himself,I orta buy it.

I was surprised,they had 4 copies in my local music shop in town,I was quite impressed,seeing as Brighton isnt even one of the main cities in the UK. The only other Dave titles were 1 copy of Skyscraper, and 1 copy of the best of, ah I guess that isnt too bad.

I havent listened to Diamond Dave yet, this is just my pre listening impartial post.

zeronumber
08-05-2005, 11:18 AM
Dimond Dave, or as I like to call it...

"Crazy from the Heat: Strikes Back"

Basically, a cd that's Karokee at Dave's house...Only, a poor choice of songs.

But hey, at least he didn't cover "She bangs".

bigc
08-05-2005, 01:21 PM
I like Bad Habits...but as I said on another thread,from the album notes and the musicians he had on it, I'm assuming it was from the ALAE era.

VonHalen
08-05-2005, 04:49 PM
i liked DD- it was different

bantonelli
08-05-2005, 05:06 PM
I think the Diamond Dave CD shows his personality and great love for Blues tunes. You can tell that alot of his influence was based on these 60-70 era rockers (Hendrix, Jim Morrison) - DLR is also a talented blues harp player (Medicine Man)...it would be the type of CD I would put on as background/lounge music for a cocktail party! No matter what mood DLR is in....he can do the Blues, Country (duo w/Travis Tritt) and ROCK with 200% of his soul.

Elvis may have left the building...But Dave's made friends with Security and he's Staying!!!! Love You, DLR !!!

bigc
08-05-2005, 07:10 PM
exactly.

its putting the oooooo in smooth.

and i like that

GAR
08-05-2005, 07:13 PM
I liked "Let It All Hang Out" alot, like 4 times.. and after the fifth time I played it I let it all fly out the car window, CD, jewelcase, et al.

GAR
08-05-2005, 07:14 PM
THWAAH gadd, I blew a massive fart making a lady in this office look behind and cringe.

LIVE FOR TODAY~!!

bigc
08-05-2005, 07:25 PM
I sent a friend an mp3 of shoo bop, she's a fit girl with great tits,nice ass. she liked the tune.

then i sent her some more DLR and she was hooked

so DD did have a good purpose:)

diamondsgirl
08-05-2005, 09:06 PM
I like DD. I think Daves voice sounds great on all the songs. Especially Let It All hang out and Bad Habits. I think Medicine Man has a very intereseting sound. Thug pop is cool. Shoo Bop and Soul Kitchen are good. And Act One just cracks me up everytime I hear it.

Bill Lumbergh
08-06-2005, 02:11 PM
Great album for driving to the beach on a Saturday afternoon........in fact, that sounds DAMN GOOD right now.........