PDA

View Full Version : Seen these movies? You could be due a refund....

Hardrock69
08-04-2005, 02:20 PM
A class action lawsuit against Sony's Columbia Pictures units has been settled, and anyone who has gone to see Hollow Man, Vertical Limit, A Knight's Tale, The Animal or The Patriot is due US$5.

Why?

It all goes back to David Manning of the Ridgefield Press, whose quotes filled print and TV ads with praise for these movies. While other reviewers trashed many of these titles, Manning always managed to find something fantastic or amazing about the films. The problem?

He doesn't exist. Colombia Pictures made him up.

To make matters worse, when the company was called out for this, they didn't apologize. No, they claimed that this was fair exercise of free speech. The class action suit has been settled, but Sony did not admit fault in the settlement.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/4741259.stm

TO claim a refund, download these instructions (.pdf file):

http://www.bamlawca.com/pdf/sonynot.pdf

Unchainme
08-04-2005, 02:26 PM
The Patriot was a good movie though, One of My personal Favorite, But I would like some money!!! :)

Hardrock69
08-04-2005, 03:09 PM
I saw A Knight's Tale. It was pretty cool as well.

GIMME DA KASH!!!!

Unchainme
08-04-2005, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
I saw A Knight's Tale. It was pretty cool as well.

GIMME DA KASH!!!!

The soundtrack was weird but cool, Thin Lizzy in the middle ages BABY!!!

BrownSound1
08-04-2005, 10:27 PM
Well, well, well...Sony's been in the news a lot lately. Payola for music, and false reviews for movies. Too fuckin' funny.

Rikk
08-05-2005, 12:02 AM
VERTICAL LIMIT is one of the only times I've fallen asleep in a movie theatre.

I also thought THE PATRIOT was crap.

Hardrock69
08-05-2005, 12:23 AM
GET A REFUND! It will at least put a few molecules in your gas tank or buy you a stick of gum!
:D

Redballjets88
08-05-2005, 12:34 AM
or you can just sneak in the movies then find a ticket stub and get a refund

Terry
08-05-2005, 01:05 PM
If anyone couldn't surmise from the trailers that those movies were gonna stink on ice, they're too fuckin' stoopid to deserve a refund.