PDA

View Full Version : What do YOU regret posting at The Army?

Shaun Ponsonby
08-04-2005, 08:16 PM
I regret that "Rikk Exposed" thread.

That was my low point in my Army career.

DISCUSS...

Matt White
08-04-2005, 10:41 PM
I think almost everybody here a posted something that they've regreted. Mine? Too many to list.

canadiandlrgirl
08-04-2005, 10:45 PM
my pics:D

academic punk
08-04-2005, 10:50 PM
I regret nothing!

Golden AWe
08-05-2005, 12:51 AM
"Make no compromise, have no regrets..."

Redballjets88
08-05-2005, 12:56 AM
a lot

Unchainme
08-05-2005, 01:14 AM
Fighting with Brett,

(Me and Him Are Ok now BTW.)

Coyote
08-05-2005, 02:09 AM
All the things I thought were intelligent.

Rikk
08-05-2005, 02:16 AM
Considering how pretty damn good my time has been here, I'd change nothing...

...except for maybe a couple of disagreements with very cool folk that were totally useless...;)

flappo
08-05-2005, 02:36 AM
brett's ok , it's his site that's a pile of shit

Dan
08-05-2005, 02:49 AM
Telling Seenbad I was Bisexual.

thefive
08-05-2005, 02:58 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dan
Telling Seenbad I was Bisexual. [/QUOTe

That shit was hilarious bro. Brought back memories and how Max use to defend is Sammy friend.

What I regreat posting at the army is posting all those fat threads about Hagar. I dont regret doing it but what happened afterwards.
Several suppose to be Dave fans that were mods got very very angry at me. I still today do not understand that one. Sammy bashed Dave for 20 years and still doing it and if these mods and Dave fans are really die hard they wouldnt care about my posts.

the five is still alive.

thefive
08-05-2005, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
I regret that "Rikk Exposed" thread.

That was my low point in my Army career.

DISCUSS...

What is this Rikk exposed thread????

Dan
08-05-2005, 03:09 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by thefive
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dan
[B] Telling Seenbad I was Bisexual. [/QUOTe

the five is still alive.Roth On Bro.

twonabomber
08-05-2005, 03:23 AM
i don't regret anything. not even the wars with pions.

Cathedral
08-05-2005, 04:17 AM
Life is too short for regret's.
That said,
I regret stickin' my noodle in a few holes that should have been engulfing someone else's.

As for this site, everything i ever posted was justified in one way or another. now if i took some of those situations too far, that is another story...but i regret none of it.
If it weren't for friction i wouldn't respect a lot of people here that i do because out of those confrontations grew a cyber friendship.

I guess i feel that if anyone regret's anything they do on a website then they have taken the atmosphere out of context and taken shit way too seriously.

Life is Short, Play Hard, Regret Nothing!

ashstralia
08-05-2005, 04:37 AM
i'm with cathedral.

i've never posted ANYTHING i didn't think about first,

perhaps some things get lost in translation, though.

Golden AWe
08-05-2005, 06:00 AM
I regret fucking faster pussycunt in the arse.

It was one fat arse and a very shitty bunghole.

I'll never drink again.

Cathedral
08-05-2005, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by ashstralia
i'm with cathedral.

i've never posted ANYTHING i didn't think about first,

perhaps some things get lost in translation, though.

:) Ain't that the truth........

Seshmeister
08-05-2005, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral

I regret stickin' my noodle in a few holes that should have been engulfing someone else's.

As for this site, everything i ever posted was justified in one way or another. now if i took some of those situations too far, that is another story...but i regret none of it.
If it weren't for friction i wouldn't respect a lot of people here that i do because out of those confrontations grew a cyber friendship.

If it weren't for the friction I guess you would have kept your noodle out of the holes too, otherwise what's the point...?

flappo
08-05-2005, 08:24 AM
i think it's much more fun not to think when posting

as bruce lee said 'don't think - feeeel!'

Hardrock69
08-05-2005, 09:36 AM
Cathedral said it best.

If I actually was worried about offending other people, I would not speak, write, or leave the house.

What would be the point in living then?

Not that I am some kind of asshole to everyone I speak to (and I am not one in the real world), but I reserve the right to talk smack to those fucking idiots who deserve it....and that does apply to the real world as well.

I sometimes marvel at the stuff I post, but the explanation is simple:

The Keyboard is a direct connection between my brain and what gets posted. There is NO hesitation out of fear of being politically correct, or worrying about what people think about my commentary. I type what I think, though in the real world I might not say a lot of things to a person that I am actually thinking at the time.

On this board, if you are a fucking idiot, I will call you on it.

JESTERSTAR CRAVES THE COCK!!!!!

Occassionally I think to myself "Self? You were really talking shit to that person..."

But then the reply is always:

"Well, Self, they deserved it!"

If I feel I have stepped over the line, I am adult enough to admit that perhaps I was wrong.

But so far, I don't think I have been wrong yet.

NEXT!!!

:cool:

Shaun Ponsonby
08-05-2005, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by thefive
What is this Rikk exposed thread????

A BIG mistake on my part.

Well, here's what happened. Are you sitting comfortably? Well, tough shite, I'm beginning anyway...

Seriously, this is like a fucking Soap Oprea.

Once upon a time there was a bored bastard called Shaun Ponsonby. There was nobody posting in the forum he was a member of one Bank Holiday Monday, and he decided to look through some old threads in the forums he didn't usaully post in. And, in one of the threads I found a link to VHLINKS, which showed Rikk saying that he liked OU812. I PMed him and asked him about it, however, he was working. For the record, I forgot at the time that it was Monday, because it was a Bank Holiday I thought it was Sunday (I'm English, you see).

So, Rikk was working, teaching a class. I am a very impatient person, and decided to ask others about it, so I started a thread, with a title that was meant as ironic rather than offensive, "Rikk Exposed". Sadly, the irony wasn't seen over the interweb. This, as you have probably guessed, was the big mistake. Because at the time I spent most of my time in the House of Music, I didn't know that Guwapo had been posting the quotes for months. Also, during that day I had also been PMing Soul Reaper discussing who was the real 3 Inch Cock. We decided it was Bueno Bob, for a number of reasons which I will not go into now, but, as we all know, Bob revealed it later that day. Rikk finally logged in, and answered my PM with this...

"You want to know the kind of Links poster I was before Brett and I went to war because I was too much of a "pro-Rother, always bashing Hagar fans"? Check this out then...this is me at the Links...

"I guess it still always boils down to opinion. I've heard Sammy say MANY things. I've heard him say that the original 6-pack were only good musically, I've heard him say that he'd go out and pick those albums up just for the guitar-work... Sam pretends he's a Van Halen fan, but the truth is, he doesn't even know all the band's songs. What I hate most about the Sammy-era was not just that I don't like Sam's stage-demeanor, voice, lyrics or politics...but also that the original Van Halen band was as dead as it could be. An entire song catalog was ignored, the band's image and attitude were more in-line with late 80's pop rock bands instead of the giant extraveganza they were in the late-70s and early-80s. And Sam simply acted as if this was the band. I've actually heard him in one interview call the Hagar-led Van Halen line-up "THE classic Van Halen". He really thinks he walked in and fixed up a broken band. And it disgusts me. But the thing I loved most about Van Halen in the 80s was that with all the horrible pop-rock bands around, Van Halen were sort of the rebels. They were huge, they sold tons of records...but they didn't jump on to the REO Speedwagon bandwagon...there's an episode of BEHIND THE MUSIC describing how Van Halen stood out in a cold, bleak time. Once Hagar joined...they WANTED to sound more like Journey, Styx, Def Leppard, etc. And that's fine...but you suddenly realized why the band thought Dave was controlling...he simply didn't want them going down that path."

Yeah, talk about a closet bi-Halener. And that's one of the nicest ones.

Here's one from early 2003, but before I came to the Army. It's obvious how much I'm a "closet Sammy fan":

"Lyrics aren't necessarily what literally matter. I think James Brown accomplished more in his career with one song than Sam has in thirty years of mediocrity. Take SEX MACHINE...what's it about? Duh! But does it say it well? Damn straight! It's about attitude. Iggy Pop can tell you that any day. "I got a lust for life! Liquor and drugs!" Damn straight! It's not what's said, it's how it's said." People keep typing, "Nobody expects Van Halen to have intelligent lyrics." Absolutely right. But how about good lyrics? That's a totally different thing. MEAN STREET's lyrics surely aren't intelligent...but they sure are good. "Somebody said FAIR WARNING...Lord, strike that poor boy down!" Fuckin' A, Dave. That's a helluva lot more rock 'n' roll than "I can't stop lovin' you, no matter what I say or do, you no my heart is true...wo-oh...I can't stop lovin' you." C'mon...what is this? Grade 4 poetry day? Don't you think there's a reason that far more people would cringe at the second lyric? I'm not saying it's about comparing the intelligence of the two. I'm saying it's about the quality, attitude and originality. And the second lyric is about as original as taking off your clothes in a nudist colony.

Here's me last Christmas 2003 when the new "reunion" was announced:
"Van Halen with Hagar is not a good enough reason for people to get excited again. It's like, "That line-up again? Ho hum." "

You want something older? No PROBLEM. This is the post that started a fight with Brett and made me leave the Links and VH-internet land for a year because I was always getting in trouble for fighting with Ched-heads:

"See, dummy, this is the problem. You read lyrics like that, YOU don't get it. To you it doesn't mean anything, because you don't understand the value of good wordplay, of attitude in the writing. You'll be happy if the lyrics stay as dumb and unchallenging as, "You miss a beat, you lose the rhythm." Wow, that's so profound. That's like saying, "When I go down, I'm not going up." Wow. How deep. You'll never get it, so fans like you will keep making unbelievably stupid comments like THE INSIDE is better than ME WISE MAGIC. All it's about, oh Sambo-heads, is that we think one singer is better because the music he's produced is consistently better, and maybe we think he looks better on stage. "I can't stop lovin' you, no matter what I say or do, you know my heart is true...oh-ooh, I can't stop lovin' you." Yeah, Walt Whitman would be proud."

This is from August 25, 2002:
"Ridiculous...songs like "Voodoo Queen" are a million times better than horrible songs like "Spanked." And even with producers supervising, albums with Hagar are not nearly as timeless. Dave has been their first choice the last few years, so if it doesn't work out, music won't be the reason. There's obviously something personal. I would say Hagar will return only as a consolation prize for Dave not returning. Ed knows which of his songs are classics, and it sure ain't MAN ON A MISSION or SUCKER IN A 3-PIECE."

Here's yet another, kind of explaining my hatred of Sammy even though I own all the albums...this also from 2002:

"And I don't like Sammy, so if he rejoins, I don't have to listen. It's not a matter of anger or "showing" Eddie...it's just that, after the last few months of thinking about it, I really don't want to hear more Van Halen with Sammy Hagar singing. The truth is, I just don't like the guy. I think he's an idiot and an asshole. But hey, it's just music."

Or how about this?:

"While I appreciate your idea, I just really want Dave back in the band full-time. If they don't want to do it, if they claim that can't happen, no problem. I don't have to listen."

Here's me in 2001, talking about YOU CAN'T GET THIS STUFF NO MORE:

"Be interested to hear the original version with Hagar singing. He later sued the band and won a settlement, claiming the melody Dave is singing is (in certain parts) the same one he came up with and 0recorded for the BALANCE album. Maybe he was just mad because the song suddenly had some balls. Old foagie."

Now, there you are. That's all 100% RIKK from the Links. I made a few nice comments about Van Hagar songs here and there. I still maintain that HUMANS BEING is a good song. Van Hagar? Shit, horrible band. Sammy Hagar? Deserves to die. Ruined a great band. But the Pen is about attacking Roth-haters, not weeding out people that have listened to Van Hagar.

Now, I think you owe ME an explanation on who's been feeding you shit and why you're bring this up now. Huh, Shaun? Explain your real source. Everything I've told you is 100% accurate. Coincidence you posted the same post GUWAPO's been posting for months."

Naturally, when he saw the thread, he wasn't best pleased, which I completely 100% understand. I. myself, wouldn't be happy if somebody did something similar to me. Rikk proceeded to check "Who's Online" and saw both me and Guwapo PMing. But, we wern't PMing each other, me and Soul Reaper had been PMing all day, Guwapo was PMing somebody else. Rikk, understandably, but 2 and 2 together, but sadly, he made 5.

In truth, at that point, I had NEVER even come across Guwapo (to the best of my knowledge). I didn't encounter Guwapo until a few weeks later when I asked him about a bootleg DLR DVD which he kindly copied and sent to me (I, of course, paid for postage). Anyways, after what was literally HOURS of explanation and apologising, I finally posted this...

"Upset was the term Brett used, that's why it was in quotation marks.

I wasn't insinuating you were lying.I ain't sacred of you, so, if I insinuated that you were lying I'd have said

"Rikk, the lying bastard, said that he was teaching a class"

The reason I said-"said he was teaching a class" was that you did say you were teaching a class. In fact, the very fact that you said that I was insinuating that you were not teaching a class proves that you are a teacher. You see, teachers constantly read between the lines, and often come up with bollocks, that they can't really justify.

For example, my English teacher (who I'm sure is an alcoholic who sleeps in the cemetery) talks bollocks all the time. She must stay awake at night annotating poems, plus the alcohol, equals bollocks.

I would like to make a public apology to Rikk for starting this thread. As you well know, I was, and still am, a great admirer of Rikks. If you remember, I actually asked people to put Birthday wishes in the Pen, I have spent many hours laughing at the originality of The Sheep Pen. In fact, I am so sorry that I will start another thread for my apology.

I had no intention of offending Rikk with this thread, I simply wanted to hear the truth...and to borrow a cliche, I couldn't handle the truth.

I know that this was possibly the worst idea I have ever had, because I have made an enemy out of somebody I was sound with."

And, if Rikk hadn't decided to forgive me, I probably wouldn't be here today.

Then, Bob "came out" as it were and admitted to be ing 3IC.

And, yes, I did start that other thread, complete with a poem...

"I already apologised in the Rikk Exposed thread (which I do regret starting), but I said I would start a new thread for an apology, but, because I am proud of the fact that I am true to my word...

I have also written a rather touching poem.

Rikk
When he owns sheep
It's like a dance from a dancer
Rikk
He introduced me
To Alan The Panther
Rikk
He gets so upset
Whenever JR is shot
Rikk
He likes to
Own those sheep a lot

Actually, ignore the poem, it sucks."

And...I think thats everything.

That was a LLLLLLOOOOOOOONNNNGGGG day.

But, anyways, we all lived happily ever fucking after.

THE FUCKING END.

Golden AWe
08-05-2005, 01:26 PM
that's a loooong story

Hardrock69
08-05-2005, 01:27 PM
LMAO!!! Cute poem!!!

:cool:

Shaun Ponsonby
08-05-2005, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
that's a loooong story

It really was.

bueno bob
08-05-2005, 08:53 PM
I regret my first post.

It was sheer brilliance, but very unbueno.

I've lurnt my lessin.

Shaun Ponsonby
08-06-2005, 04:48 PM
Why? What did you post?

DavidLeeNatra
08-06-2005, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by flappo
brett's ok , it's his site that's a pile of shit

amen...

I regret...hm...nothing...or maybe that this site makes me an attention whore every year because the software fucks up my birthday which is on feb 29th so I have to start my own birthday thread every year... :D

bueno bob
08-06-2005, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
Why? What did you post?

Something about waiting until David's lawsuit was over before making any judgement calls...or something like that.

You see the problem?

It was brilliant...

...but there was no funny :(

blonddgirl777
08-09-2005, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Rikk
Considering how pretty damn good my time has been here, I'd change nothing...

...except for maybe a couple of disagreements with very cool folk that were totally useless...;)

Yep,...Same here!!!
;)

blonddgirl777
08-09-2005, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by canadiandlrgirl

No way girl...
No one regrets that you did!
:p

Shaun Ponsonby
08-09-2005, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Something about waiting until David's lawsuit was over before making any judgement calls...or something like that.

You see the problem?

It was brilliant...

...but there was no funny :(

Oh, now I've upset you.

Would you like me to sing "Kum By Ya" for you?

Anonymous
08-11-2005, 08:59 PM
I'm with AP... I REGRET NOTHING!!!

Cheers! :bottle:

Anonymous
08-11-2005, 09:00 PM
Well, maybe a couple of posts.

Anonymous
Not all of 'em, though...

Anonymous
But a couple of 'em.

Anonymous
08-11-2005, 09:01 PM
Like these last few, for example.

Anonymous
08-11-2005, 09:02 PM
Ok, I'll quit now... :D

Soul Reaper
08-13-2005, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by canadiandlrgirl

no need to be ashamed.

i regret ever posting in Jizzystool's pointless threads!

Shaun Ponsonby
08-13-2005, 01:21 PM
Thats a good one (how was your week away?)

Soul Reaper
08-13-2005, 01:23 PM
my week away was very good.

some guy from Hunmanby (where I was staying) fell down a 10 feet gorse bush when I was there. It was on the news.

Shaun Ponsonby
08-13-2005, 01:44 PM
Thats ironic.

Some guy from Liverpool (where I live) didn't fall down a 10 feet gorse bush. That was on North West Tonight.

They said

"Good evening and welcome to North West tonight. We are sorry to report that nobody fell down a 10 foott gorse bush today. More from us during tommorows breakfast show".

Soul Reaper
08-13-2005, 01:57 PM
"no gorse bushes we're harmed in the making of this programme"

Shaun Ponsonby
08-13-2005, 02:09 PM
Thank God. I could never live with myself if I knew I was hurting a gorse bush.

Soul Reaper
08-13-2005, 02:12 PM
while on holiday, i read an interview on Harry Lagman (JR) and I instantly thought of Rikk

Shaun Ponsonby
08-13-2005, 03:10 PM
I do that now, as well.

manwiththedogs
08-14-2005, 05:39 PM
I guess I regret this...

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19780&highlight=vidas+cell

No one seemed to know/care who she was.
Felt like a total fucktard.

canadiandlrgirl
08-14-2005, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by blonddgirl777
No way girl...
No one regrets that you did!
i was being sarcastic:D

academic punk
08-14-2005, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
I regret nothing!

I regret posting the above...

BenJammin
08-16-2005, 02:44 AM
I regret talking about how much I masturbate.

Really, what an embarrassing thing to say on a public forum, talking
about beatin' it like it owes me money.

DavidLeeNatra
08-16-2005, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by manwiththedogs
I guess I regret this...

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19780&highlight=vidas+cell

I regret missing that thread but thank you for posting it again...5 (late) stars for you... :D

classicdude
08-18-2005, 06:11 PM
I regret posting that one post that one time I was sober. That was totally unlike me. Cheers. :gulp: :bottle:

FasterPussycat
08-18-2005, 09:34 PM
Nothing, nothing at all...

blonddgirl777
08-18-2005, 11:05 PM
I regret what I've posted about ImapussyLicker's goatee and pony tail...
I didn't mean it!

Anonymous
08-18-2005, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by blonddgirl777
I regret what I've posted about ImapussyLicker's goatee and pony tail...
I didn't mean it!

You sweet silly girl... didn't I tell you already it didn't matter at all? My ego's too bloated to be taken aback by that. In fact, my ego's so goddamned big I could almost take Roth's stage persona and... probably win. :D

MAX is worse than me, though. I bet he gets an erection everytime he sees himself in the mirror. 'scuse me, I'll be puking over at that corner. :rofl:

In all seriousness, I appreciate your comments. I strive to look better and better for the ladies... ;)

blonddgirl777
08-19-2005, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
... I strive to look better and better for the ladies... ;)

Your user name sounds like music to the ladies all right!

canadiandlrgirl
08-23-2005, 07:56 AM
You sweet silly girl... didn't I tell you already it didn't matter at all? My ego's too bloated to be taken aback by that. In fact, my ego's so goddamned big I could almost take Roth's stage persona and... probably win. :D

MAX is worse than me, though. I bet he gets an erection everytime he sees himself in the mirror. 'scuse me, I'll be puking over at that corner. :rofl:

In all seriousness, I appreciate your comments. I strive to look better and better for the ladies... ;)

and this lady thinks you're a sweetheart;)

Soul Reaper
08-23-2005, 08:05 AM
I sometimes regret posting that number thread. I don't post in it anymore. It seems like a spamming area now.

Soul Reaper
08-23-2005, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by manwiththedogs
I guess I regret this...

That was a great post. People were just being ignorant

Northern Girl
09-08-2005, 06:42 PM
http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17351&perpage=30&pagenumber=4

bueno bob
09-08-2005, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Northern Girl
http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17351&perpage=30&pagenumber=4

Nothing to be ashamed of... :)

Trust me, I've heard of some of the...um...strangest things you could possible imagine out of women...and a few of them you probably wouldn't even think of...nothing in there beyond the norm, NG :)

Remind me to tell you about the girl I knew who got all hot and bothered whenever she saw a bedpost sometime...

Shaun Ponsonby
09-09-2005, 03:24 PM
Huh.

scorpioboy33
09-10-2005, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
I think almost everybody here a posted something that they've regreted. Mine? Too many to list.

Who is that girl in your picture things

Katydid
09-10-2005, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by flappo
i think it's much more fun not to think when posting

as bruce lee said 'don't think - feeeel!'

Everyone knows you never think Flappo...

And from what I've seen and ask aboot, you must relate to shitheads...

Katydid
09-10-2005, 07:12 PM
I'm with AP... I REGRET NOTHING!!!

You did half ass apologize for being mean to me for so long and posting so much beastiality in my spiritual site.

Now Rikk is posting Virgin Mary's picture, and no one says nothing in Hitchworld.

That's not right I tell you.

DLR7884
09-10-2005, 07:18 PM
KATYPIG....

I bet you regret posting your picture here, you fat old hag.

DLR7884
Why do you still come here?

Soul Reaper
09-11-2005, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by Katydid
and no one says nothing in Hitchworld.

Have you gone blind in your old age?!

There's lots of posts there.

bueno bob
09-11-2005, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Katydid
You did half ass apologize for being mean to me for so long and posting so much beastiality in my spiritual site.

Now Rikk is posting Virgin Mary's picture, and no one says nothing in Hitchworld.

That's not right I tell you.

I don't think Mary's a virgin anymore.

She's TARNISHED GOODS!

Egads! Where is the Larg??? :eek:

Dirty Duck
09-13-2005, 05:28 PM
Nothing....I get up..and NOTHING gets me down..

jhale667
09-13-2005, 06:04 PM
I regret that my muff afficianado posts have dropped off lately...but they'll be back.....