PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmmmmmm

Cathedral
03-16-2004, 10:09 AM
I'm about to turn against Bush with all this new info coming out about the WMD issue.......

It seems to me that the Bush Admin. took the word of defectors on Iraq's WMD and weren't interested in any proof to the contrary. this puts a different spin on the whole deal for me and now that these stories seem to be viable i'm feeling betrayed by Bush and his cronies.

What to do, even though i am glad Hussein is gone i am troubled about those soldiers who lost their lives based on the reasons we went to war.
I am still happy as a lark that the Iraqi's have been liberated, i just can't help but think about the fallen and how expendable our soldiers appear to be to our Government.

And since i cannot with good conscience vote for a Democrat i may just withhold my vote all together and keep my voice silent for the first time since i have been old enough to vote.

I am very troubled about this situation to say the very least...

knuckleboner
03-16-2004, 10:39 AM
no...don't NOT vote. you always have the option of a write-in. when you don't vote at all, it just looks like you're part of the apathetic group that doesn't care one way or the other.

a write-in vote at least says you're interested in the process. it also tells both of the major parties that they're really dropping the ball, since you have someone willing to vote, but unwilling to choose either main candidate. hell, go monty brewster if you've gotta and vote, "none of the above..."

and i agree with you on iraq. i have always said that the iraqi people will be better off in the long run. and it's difficult to be happy for the people and for the end of hussein, but at the same time feel that the U.S. decision was not the right one, at least at the right time.

Cathedral
03-16-2004, 11:09 AM
You have made some good points for me to think about. I am really confused at this point and don't know what to do, but i gotta do something cause i have never been a sit around and do nothing kind of person...

I want to support the Republican Party but at this point i am not sure at all if that is a good idea and i don't want a Democrat in office either, lol.........Man, this really sucks that i am basically losing faith in my own party.

You're right though, not voting isn't the answer.......what to do, what to do....................

FORD
03-16-2004, 11:53 AM
Here ya go, Cat:

http://johnbuchanan.org/theme/522/images/buchanan-banner-right.jpg

And no, it's not who you think....

Buchanan for President (http://johnbuchanan.org/ )

Cathedral
03-16-2004, 12:21 PM
Hmmmmmm, why is this the first time i am hearing this name?

There's the average Joe i was talking about that we need for President.

Thanks for the link, maybe i'll put his banner on my site once i learn alot more about him, but so far from what i've read he has my interest.

BigBadBrian
03-16-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
I'm about to turn against Bush with all this new info coming out about the WMD issue.......

Just remember one thing, Cat: Even though US troops haven't found any significant quantity of WMD, particularly chem weaps, VAST quantities of WMD from IRAQ from GWI remain UNACCOUNTED FOR to this very day. Even the UN acknowledges that.

What's more scary, the fact we haven't found any WMD, or that NOBODY knows where they are? Food for thought.

:gulp:

Cathedral
03-16-2004, 12:51 PM
Well, there is evidence that chem and bio weapons were destroyed the only problem is that it is impossible to tell how much of it was destroyed. there were no documents to verify the amount.

But there is no evidence that they were moved outside of Iraq either.

So, in my opinion they have until Nov. to find them, but that doesn't really do much for the other things i have learned.
I cannot stand a liar, once someone lies to me i have zero respect for them.
I dunno, i just don't have any confidence in the Administration right now and the evidence is starting to surface that things aren't as i and everyone else was led to believe.
(I'm not saying the conspiracies are truth, just that things aren't as they were put to us)